Dark as Daylight Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Is the boat in one piece?"

"No sir, it's in four pieces. Your two outriggers, are separated from the main deck, and the main deck is split in half by a tree that was about 20-feet tall. We took pictures for your insurance company, if you want to call it in."

"I'd better do that right away. All I need is a few of those guys throw grenades at my boat, and have it go up in flames. The adjusters will call it an act of war and it won't be covered under my policy."

"We can all swear it was a lightning strike."

"Yes that will definitely help. What is Colonel 'What's his name' up to? I haven't heard from him in 10 minutes. That means he's planning something reckless, or impossible."

***********************

"You and your guys followed these railroad tracks in boats to get to Charleston, in the middle of thunderstorms, and 70 mph gale force winds. You stopped on your way here, filled up with gasoline, purchased extra gas cans, and filled those up so you didn't have to stop again, and made it here in five hours. Alfonse, you are almost as crazy as I am."

"Colonel, I believe that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me."

"When we relieve the people at the Science Project, everyone will get a kind word from me. Here's what I'm thinking of doing Alfonse, tell me if I'm crazy."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Colonel, with no disrespect intended, you're out of the fucking mind."

"Those were the words I was hoping you would say. It means my plan will work perfectly."

"Excuse me sir?"

"Every time someone tells me one of my plans is absolutely impossible to pull off, it works. This is going to work, and we are not going to fire one round. I guarantee it."

"Colonel if you pull this off, and we don't lose anyone, I would kiss your ass if you had one."

"I would accept that gracious offer. It's going to work Alfonse. Let's get to work. We leave at 0600. Everyone goes to sleep now, gets up at 0430, eats, and starts loading up at 0530. Pray that it continues to rain."

"Let's go inside and give the men their marching orders. They are not going to believe it, anymore than I do."

"I have to call our helicopters to see how they're faring."

"None of them can fly in this weather."

"Two of them can."

*******************

As Alfonse got everyone together to advise them of their upcoming mission.

They were wide-eyed with shock, and then went to get some restless sleep.

As he was walking to his room, Sergeant Chase walked up to the Colonel.

"Sir, when this is over, and before we start the next one, can I get two weeks R & R with the twins?"

"Let me warn you about that Sergeant Chase. Two weeks with those girls is not R & R. It's the best cardio workout you'll ever have, multiplied by the power of ten."

"They wanted me to see a doctor to have me tested when I got back. I'll have him give me a full physical while I'm there. If I die I want to die, while sucking on those barbells."

"There are definitely worse ways to go Sergeant. Get some sleep."

"Yes sir."

***************************

"Admiral would you have your men bring the arms package up please."

"I will start the process immediately, Lucius."

******************************

"Lucius, you seem happiest when you are chewing someone's ass to pieces."

"Isn't that when you are the happiest, Patricia? If that was Robert you were talking to, how much joy would you have gotten out of that conversation?"

"You know damn well if that was Robert, I would still be hanging from his balls talking to him."

"No you wouldn't. Look what he has turned out to be. Would you have pictured what he is today, 10 years ago?"

"10 years ago, I would have expected the birth rate in Eastern Maryland to have gone up by more than 30 percent. I had not counted him on falling in love, with Fred's children. It fits his profile perfectly, and they keep do keep him satisfied.

As I listened to Fred's speech, at Georgetown, he talked about the value of family. He told his audience the story of how he met Sharon, and how he chased her all over Philadelphia, to the point she thought he was a stalker. He gave her one of his cards to prove he worked for the Attorney General. By the end of the day they knew they were meant for one another, and he asked her to marry him. She told him where the bridge was, to walk halfway across, and jump, because he was out of his mind. No one asks another person to get married, after only knowing her for a few hours. After a three-hour dinner, Sharon said 'yes.' She also said she was out of her mind, but she did say 'yes.'

"It shows the true value of being a lawyer. You can talk anyone, into doing anything, without them realizing it."

Robert already had more money than he knew what to do with. He didn't have to work a day in his life. He could have bought an island, stocked it with an unlimited supply of birth control pills, beautiful young women, a regular delivery of fresh food. He could have lived an idyllic life, but he chose to work hard instead. I asked him to come to my home in Maryland for an interview, without knowing what it was for. His interest in politics was only to clean it up. I told him you can't clean it up from the outside. You have to get on the inside and get dirty with the people who are making the system corrupt. You have to fight all the ugly battles from the inside, and then you can tell everyone, how the corporations are debasing our country.

During the time I had with him, I found out exactly how smart he is. He is not only school smart; he is worldly smart. The questions I asked him, were beyond anyone else's knowledge that just came out of school, yet he had answers that were beyond his years. Two of my daughters are lawyers, and two are doctors, and it hurt them dearly, when he beat them. By the time he was finished with them, they were as red as a delicious apple. They were so sure they were smarter than he was, they made him a bet. They are 19 years older and much more worldly then he is, they thought they couldn't lose. However, they did lose.

I own a home in the islands, where we go every summer, after the court closes. Robert is now invited there for the rest of his life. While he's there, my four daughters are his servants. If he wants a soda, and we are on the far side of the beach, from our home, my four girls have to run all the way there. One has to get a tray, one the napkins, one a glass, with ice, and one the soda in a closed can. They have to do this in six minutes or less. If they are late, they must begin doing cardiovascular exercises to get back in shape.

As their father, I am prejudiced, because their shapes are perfect. They can't do these exercises in private, they have to do them on the beach, in front of us. It's hysterical to watch, because the beachgoers help them count each repetition. My children are again read as delicious apples when they are finished.

The virtue and dedication of Robert Valentino, to my four, beautiful, unmarried daughters, and now their new babies, is as if they are his family.

"Robert is like a husband to my daughters, and a father to their children. He is a confidante of mine, and a chauffeur to my lovely, but sometimes wayward, wife."

The large portrait being shown on the screen behind him, showed Robert lying on his side, with his hand holding up his head, looking down at four beautiful toddlers playing on the grass. Each beautiful mother is behind him, laying across his side, looking down at the same beautiful site.

"Fred should just take a postcard, and say that my son is the father of those children, and get it over with."

"Is he the father, Patricia?"

Patty did not tell him that Stephano believed that Fred was the real father of the four beautiful babies.

She demurred by saying, "How the hell would I know? I wasn't in the room with him. It sure as hell looks like he is."

********************

At a meeting, Adam Schiff proposed to the group that they start making weapons to ward off attacks by animals as the one that attacked Teddy. The only thing the security team had to scare off that animal was their voices. If that animal turned to charge at them, it would have been a bloodbath.

Everyone at the table agreed, including Monty. She reminded everyone that no part of the ship was to be touched.

"We all know how to make spears, and a rudimentary knowledge of making bows and arrows. Start with spears that are at least eight feet long, then work your way down to six feet, and then four feet long. Look for downed trees, and bring them to the ship. The wood from those trees will be harder, and we have to find a way to cut them. Jack do you have any ideas?"

"I believe I can come up with something that will help you cut those trees. However, I only want you to use one tree at a time. You can make your eight foot long spears from the outside of the tree. Then you can move deeper into the tree and make your shorter weapons. Don't forget to make knives for close in combat. One good size tree will provide you with almost 60 weapons if you're careful."

Gordon said, "I know my dad said he didn't want any weapons on board, but I can't believe he would leave us defenseless, when we landed on the planet we chose. He knew we would pick a planet with the possibility of life on it, and he would not allow us to be exterminated by a more dominant society. I suggest you have a discussion with my father, Senior Captain."

"He did this to me on purpose. I knew it from the moment he passed me on that test. I knew it from the moment he ordered me to take the first test. I hated that man, while he was alive. Now I have learned to hate him in death. How can you possibly hate a dead man?"

Jennifer said, "You never hated my husband when he was alive. If you say that again, I'll tell everyone here about a person whose initials are J.O."

"If you do Jennifer, you will never speak again."

"Mom, do you mean the guy, J.O. that Zoey, and Teddy told me about? I asked them both to be quiet about it, until I verified it was true. I guess it is true, and I can let my wife, and Teddy start passing the news."

Monty put her head and her hands. "The little and big newspapers on this ship know about Jackson. My life is ruined."

"Monty everyone knew about Jackson months ago. Look at all the weight you've lost. You've become a human being, instead of a barking dog all the time. It was bound to happen. Personally, I didn't think it was going to be Jackson. I didn't think he had the balls to do it. I am very happy for both of you. Now do your job as captain, and go speak to my father. I'm not sure if he knows about you two, and if he doesn't, tell him."

"Why would I want to be laughed at by your father?"

"Why would you care? All you want to know is where he hid the defensive weapons. Tell him we're in trouble without them. I will do it for you if you want, but it is not my job."

"You are right, Gordon, it is my job. I will do it. I want an inventory of all the food we have, the seedlings we have growing in the Arboretum, the fast-growing seeds in our storage area, and the mechanical instruments we have to plant them.

Adam, as always, you get the shitty job. How much fertilizer do we have on hand?

This meeting is dismissed."

******************

Monty left the meeting room, and headed for the bridge. As soon as Gloria Abrams saw her enter, she said, "Senior Captain is on the bridge."

"As you were Gloria; you are still in command. I have to talk to that pain in the ass."

"I'm sorry Captain, Gordon is not here."

"No, not that pain in the ass, his father."

"Oh, sorry about that."

"Good afternoon Callie, this is Senior Captain Montgomery Jamison."

"Good afternoon Senior Captain, how may I assist you?"

"You know that pain in the ass that will not let you win at chess?"

"You mean Captain Luck."

"Yes Callie that's the one. May speak to him for a few moments?"

"He said he does not like to be referred to as a pain the ass."

"If he doesn't like the truth, tell him to go to sleep. Everyone on this ship agrees with me, and no one agrees with him, and that includes his wife and son."

Even Luck screamed, "That's not true, my wife doesn't think I'm a pain in the ass."

Monty picked up her communicator and asked Jennifer Luck to join her on the bridge.

"Would I call your wife to the bridge if I didn't know she was going to agree with me, Even? Didn't she tell you before you left her to come back and make it right? Did you do that for her? No you didn't, and she's pissed at you.

Now we have a problem, and it's a big problem. Teddy was almost killed by a vicious animal, and we had no defense against it. The only reason it ran away is because there were more security agents running at it, screaming than it believed it could take. If it turned on them, it would have been a massacre, and we would have lost. We are going to look for trees to see if we can make spears and possibly bows and arrows to protect ourselves. We are coming out of the Stone Age, Even. We don't have a saw to cut the wood, we have no metal, to put on the points, we have nothing to defend ourselves with. Did you put anything on this ship just in case we ran into a problem like this?"

"I was hoping it would never come to this."

"Okay, we will pack up and head back to Earth. Our mission will have been a failure, and everything you have ever worked for, will go down the drain. Go play chess Even, I never thought you would give up like this."

"I never said I was giving up. I said I was hoping it would never come to this. In boxes marked XWX417 through XWX640 are side arms, rifles, and ammunition. Please don't use them for offensive purposes. It would break my heart."

"Even, we have less than 100 people. Less than 70 of them are adults. Who are we going to attack? All we are going to do is set up a safety perimeter around the Good Luck 1, when we are outside, to protect ourselves against animals, like the one that attacked Teddy. This way everyone will be safe.

We know there are other people on this planet, and they are stuck on the dark side. They landed safely, instead of crashing there. We hope they are friendly, but we can't take a chance. Teddy told you about them before you had to leave us. Elizabeth is about to have her baby. According to Teddy, her baby is the one who will make first contact with them. As you know, Teddy is never wrong."

I didn't know Elizabeth was married. I'm very happy to hear it. It means she was able to put a lot of her fears behind her, and is able to live a normal life. Who did she marry?"

"Your grandson."

"Newton! She married Newton?"

"Yes she did. and you have never seen two happier people in your entire life. They both walk around the ship with smiles on their faces."

"I would never have guessed that relationship in 1 million years. She must have had quite an effect on him."

"It was the other way around, Even. He chased her all around the ship. Then she agreed to have lunch with him. Then one hour visitations. Then visitations with no restrictions on time.

Delicious nearly fell off her chair, when Teddy told her about that relationship, because up until that point, Newton was speed dating. He had three or four dates a day, and unless you paged him, or a parent paged their daughter, he couldn't be found."

"What did Gray have to say about this change in behavior?"

"Gray was thrilled. I put the two kids on the same schedule, and when they get off, they run to their apartment to clean up and spend the rest of the day together. They are two people in one suit, and you can't get them apart. It is beautiful to see."

"Doctor Luck, your time is up."

"I'm sorry Callie, this was my fault. Please forgive me. I appreciate the time you gave the doctor to speak to me."

"It was a situation that had to be handled very carefully, and consider the safety of the ship. I agree with the decision that was made. As the good Doctor reminded you, please use the weapons with restraint."

"We will, I promise the both of you we will."

*************************

"Security is everyone on board?"

"That is affirmative Captain, everyone has checked in."

"Does that include Teddy?"

"Yes it does Captain, her mother brought her in personally, unhappily, but personally."

"Bring the elevators up, and keep an eye out for any stragglers."

"Roger Captain, elevators coming up."

"Attention all parents, this is Senior Captain Montgomery Jamison. Please verify all children are on board. This includes children between the ages of 14 and 17 years old that have a habit of wandering off, with children of the opposite sex. If not, please call communications immediately. I am sealing the ship to have a meeting with all security personnel. I have to be certain everyone is on board."

Teddy ran up to Monty, and saluted.

"Teddy here this time Big Captain; not late."

"I'm very happy to see that Teddy. Why were you giving your mother a hard time, when she tried to get you on board?"

"She think I say 'time to play.' I say 'time to pray.' Big mistake."

"Did you pray after you got inside?"

"Yes, we go straight to chapel."

"You are a good influence on your mommy. How are the twins?"

"Very naughty, I hope I not that bad when I that young. They have nose in corner all day if they talk like that."

"Are you teaching them how to pray?"

"I try, they not listen. Big trouble when they start talking."

"Yes, very big trouble. Between daddy, mommy, and you, very big trouble."

"You get married soon?"

"Where did you hear that?"

"Just a question. Jackson, you, very happy. Good company for one another."

"It takes more than being just good company for one another to get married. Something has to go off in your head that tells you this is the person you want to spend your life with. Otherwise, it's not going to work."

"Jackson say same thing."

"Teddy someone has to put cotton in your ears, so you don't hear everything that goes on in the ship."

"I no here it, Zoey tell me."

"I should put both of you in stasis for 20 years."

"Why?"

"That way something that goes on in this ship would be a surprise to the people it happens to."

"Jackson at table talking to all his friends. He trying to figure out what to do."

"In other words this is all around the ship, and I am the only one that didn't know about it."

"I tell you about it now."

"Thank you very much Teddy. Why don't you go down to the playroom and see how our turkeys are doing?"

"You angry with me?"

"No Teddy, I am definitely not angry with you. I'm very grateful that you told me. You also have a birthday coming up soon."

"16 days, I'd be five. Be on ship long time."

"Are you happy here on the ship, or would you rather be on earth with all the other children?"

"I be here than any place. Miss grandpa; he make me laugh. Give me creamy cow for birthday, Big Surprise. He promise me Big Surprise, No Dress. Give me big surprise. Mommy, daddy not know we have ice cream. Grandpa fool them too.

Why not rain here? We here long time now. Everything green, pretty, but no rain. How it do that? I play with turkeys now. Bye Big Captain"

"If I didn't love that child so much, I'd kill her mother for giving birth to her."

"Senior staff to the meeting room now. That means you too Jack. I don't care what you're doing, and I don't care if Hannah gets angry with you, or me. Get to the meeting room now. Laura I need you there, along with Adam. Gloria assign someone to Captain the bridge. Harvey Cushing, I need you there, and you all better be there before I get there."

123456...9