Dark Division - Dani Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
bdbeauty
bdbeauty
167 Followers

"Weird how we've never met huh? Seems like all agents have a familiar story, though. So, breakfast?" Vince nodded and she threw on her shoes so they could head out and return with food for everybody.

***************************

"Rise and shine sleepy heads, food's here." Vince called out as they both went into the room where Nick and Stan were still crashed out.

"There better be coffee in there. My headphones came off when I was asleep and Dani woke me up twice with that girl." Nick was grouchy and half-fogged as he rolled out of his bed.

"Sorry about that. Cindy was a loud one." Dani smiled like a fox as she walked in plopping down at the table next to where Stan slept.

"Good morning, you're up early." Stan sat up, his hair botched to the side from where the pillow was gripped tight to his ear all night.

"Yea, Cindy had to head home, so I saw her out. Then, Vince asked if I wanted breakfast, so I figured fuck it."

"She was particularly loud. Did you have fun last night though?" Stan looked at her like she was his sister in that moment and Nick couldn't help but smile. It was the same bond he shared with Vince after all they had been through.

"It was alright. Anyways, I got you a bacon, egg, and cheese bagel." She smiled at him shaking the wrapped sandwich in front of Stan's face.

"Alright forgiven."

"Your hair is ridiculous right now." Dani's fingers tousled in Stan's hair and the younger man shook her off.

"Screw you. You still smell like pussy."

"You want some? Come here, come on." She nuzzled towards him and Stan pushed her off, grabbing his sandwich and heading for the other side of the table.

"Alright, kids. So, now that we know there is something brewing, anybody want to make the call to Oz over breakfast and see what he wants us to do next?" Vince broke up the fun moment, always wanting to head back to work if he wasn't getting drunk or laid. Since it was early and Dani was decidedly off the market, it was definitely time to do some work.

"Let me hit the bathroom and I'll call." Nick popped up as Vince pulled another chair and joined the two.

"So, what's up with your car Dani?"

"Now, Vince that is a long story. You see, someone over here parked it too close to a werewolf lair. And, they took some liberties with it. So, there I was bleeding and I jump in the mustang and try to head off. Next thing I know, boom, bam, bang and the engine blows up."

"Alright, but that was not my fault. You never told me where to park it, never. And, how was I supposed to know that they would care about messing with your car?" Stan chimed in defending himself.

"You never park the car that close to where you're working. I mean, come on. Yesterday we even parked a block away. Now, well he's in the hands of some hick mechanic. I couldn't drive it and we had to get out of town. So, I had to call a tow and we hoofed it to an abandoned shed. Ended up stuck in there for hours while Stan found a place in town and got a car we could borrow. I was pissed and bloody and now my sweet baby boy is being 'repaired.'"

"I screwed that one up, but we worked it out."

"Stan, it was three months ago, and they are still working on the problem. I have a feeling I'm never going to see that car again." She shook her head and took a big bite of her sandwich.

"Hey Oz, yea, yea, we questioned one, but it's not good news. It looks like there is some lake in Colorado hiding an object that they need. We figured that was all we were getting out of the one we captured."

They all looked up to see Nick on his cell phone chatting with their boss.

"What? Okay, well if that's the place, then Dani and Stan can head over there and get it first. Hang on, hang on they're all here." Nick rolled his eyes and tilted his phone putting it on speaker before setting it on the table between them all.

"You guys all doing okay?" Oz's voice came through the phone with concern.

"Yea, but I'm glad you sent Vince and Nick that place was crazy. Whatever is going on must be huge Oz, because I've never seen that many demons or witches in one place, let alone together. Any ideas?" Dani piped up first and Vince watched her again, taken by how focused she was even this early in the morning.

"Well, we have a few months to figure it out. In the meantime, I need you and Stan to head a few towns over. I'll send you the address, but we have a woman reporting what sounds like a ghost. You guys are the closest unless there's some reason you need more time off."

"Of course not, we'll head over right after breakfast and a shower. Just e-mail me the file." Dani was eager to get moving as ever, which made Vince sad, knowing he had had that little of an impact on her.

"Sounds good, and good job on this one Stan. You're really coming along."

"Thanks Oz."

"Vince and Nick, I need you to head back to the bunker. I have someone coming in with a delivery that you'll need to catalogue. And, I expect a full report on the object by the end of the week."

"No problem, unless you want us to help these guys on the next case." Vince smiled at them.

"Why the hell would they need help? Stop shirking your duties and get your ass back to the bunker." Oz hung up with those words and Nick tilted his head looking at his partner with wonder. Vince had it worse for Dani than he imagined. He grumbled the whole way here about being forced to help them, and now this was totally unlike him. He rarely pursued a woman after a clear rejection like this one. Sure there was hard to get, but Dani was completely off the market, so why was Vince so captivated?

The agents finished eating and parted to take showers and pack. Dani was quick to pack Stan's car with her gear and was standing outside as Nick and Vince emerged from their room ready to take off.

"So, what's the bunker like anyways?" Dani ventured it out and Vince raised his head staring into her eyes.

"It's not bad. Full spread of food and you get to check out all kinds of cool books and artifacts. Plus, compared to what we were doing, this is a nice break." Nick answered even as Vince looked at this mysterious woman who had him off kilter completely.

"Cool, maybe Stan and I will get stuck in one in another year or so. My last rest assignment was on desk duty in D.C., and I couldn't wait to get the hell out of there." She smiled and Nick paused trying to see why she had gotten to his partner, who even now had the look of some love-sick teenager.

"So, we're all heading out?" Stan emerged from their room with his bag slung over his shoulder. Dani had packed the rest up.

"Yea, looks like it." Vince was quiet as he took in the moment, trying not to give away his feelings. There was always a chance that when they met up with other agents that they would never see them again. There were some that quit, some that died, and frankly their rather solitary lives generally kept them apart. This was the first time it killed him to leave.

"Well, listen guys, you have been incredible. I don't think we would have been able to get this done without you, so it is very much appreciated." Dani reached a hand out to Nick, who took it easily and smiled as she looked him directly in the eyes. It was almost like seeing Vince's double and it made him sad to part with her. It took one hell of a woman to have an impact on his partner, and Dani had done it without even trying.

She made her way around the car then, approaching Vince. He looked up when she was only a step away and lingered in her gaze with his usual smirk, just waiting to see what would come next.

"Ah, Vince, what can I say? It was good to meet you man and fight next to you, and honestly I would love to do it again sometime. Despite your obvious cluelessness, you're an alright guy." He smiled widely at her, hoping he would see this wonderful woman again in the future.

"It was really good to meet you, and uh...sorry about the rapey stuff. I hope you can put that behind us. I would certainly love to meet up again sometime. You're something else Dani...something else." She grinned at his words and he saw her eyes light up. Dani's fist raised up then, and he bumped it with his own. His eyes watched as she turned one last time and headed for the Bronco. Watching her pull away left him with a strange feeling, and somehow he knew it wouldn't be the last he saw of Dani.

bdbeauty
bdbeauty
167 Followers
12