Dark Division - Dani Ch. 16 Epilogue

Story Info
A completion of this crazy tale.
1.4k words
4.71
3.1k
2
0

Part 16 of the 16 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 07/19/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
bdbeauty
bdbeauty
167 Followers

Epilogue

For the next six months, Dani's world returned to normal. She took Lily to school each day and started back as head of the daycare. It was nice to see her rather pleasant life from before the mummy incident come back together. But there was always that missing piece of her that woke her up at night after creeping into her dreams. It was Vince. His face haunted her dreams and she shed more than one tear as she considered what her life would be if she hadn't told him to leave. In the end though, seeing Lily come home safe each day was enough to get her through the next. And after a few months, Vince's face brought her comfort and a promise for a better future.

It was just that face in her mind as she worked on dinner while Lily played on that sunny Friday afternoon. The little girl was busily setting up a race track for her toy cars when the doorbell rang out shattering Dani's brief foray into happiness if only in her mind.

"Just keep playing honey, mommy's got this." She called out to Lily, who was probably not going to get up anyways as she made her way to the door. Dani took a quick look through the window next to her door and her heart stopped. Was this some mirage that her brain was conjuring? And what did it mean? Before her brain could spin out of control, Dani turned the lock and whisked the door open.

"Vince?" Dani opened the door and stood just staring at him. She had no idea what to do. It was definitely Vince and he was standing there looking perfect as ever.

"Dani. I..."

"I asked you not to come back." She had anger on her face even with the hope that was in her heart.

"I know, but calling seemed silly considering how close I was."

"What do you mean?" She dropped her crossed arms and looked at him.

"I told you I would call the day I decided to give it all up. But, when I left Oz's place, well it took me hours to know what to say to you and then I was practically here."

"What?" Dani just stared at him, not sure what to say to the man that stood so close to her now, the one who had haunted her dreams for so long. Everything they had been through had all come to this moment and there were just know words in her mind.

"You know I went back to work, but my head's not in it. And, after a few months I realized why. It's because of this." He gestured around them. "I want this. I didn't know I wanted it until I met you, but since that first night in the bar it's all I've wanted."

"But Vince, you....I mean you're a great Agent...and..."

"I hope that 'and' isn't another guy....or gal....sleeping on my side of the bed." He grinned at her.

"Are you already claiming a part of the bed? I never said you could stay here."

"The couch will work, but after while Lily will probably accidentally see her Daddy in his boxers."

"Vince...you really left the Agency?" A tear rolled down her cheek as she spoke.

"Yes. Dani, I had a whole speech for this, but really it just comes down to you. I'm in love with you, and I have been forever and I always will be. So, without you there's no point. That means there's no reason for me to be anywhere but here with you and Lily. And if I have to leave the Agency to make that happen, so be it."

She stood silently, her mind reeling at his words and she was left frozen there, unable to comprehend what he was saying and what it meant.

"You know if you don't let me inside, then I will kiss you right here in front of your neighbors in about two seconds." He smiled at her and Dani pulled him inside by his shirt.

In another instant his bags hit the floor and his arms were around the dark haired beauty. Their lips tangled as they melted together.

"Daddy?" A little voice came from the side. They parted suddenly with a little laugh.

"Hey Lily." Vince leaned down and picked the little girl up into his arms.

"Want to play race cars?" She smiled at him.

"That sounds perfect." He leaned back kissing Dani and then walked his little girl over to her toys.

"I'm just working on dinner, hope we have enough."

"It's enough for me Dani, don't worry."

"Welcome home Vince." With those words, she made her way back to the kitchen so she could finish. Now, the world was perfect as she watched Lily playing with her father. There would be no more illusions and no more picturing it. This was where she was meant to be and how it was meant to work out.

***********************

"So, Oz, what do you want to talk about?" Nick took a beer from the old man and a seat on his couch.

"Well, with Vince leaving, and some other developments, we have a lot to discuss actually." Oz seemed to have a lot on his mind as he joined Nick.

"Yea, I guess it's time to get me a new partner, huh?" Nick never wanted to utter those words, but working with Vince these last few months had confirmed that he was going to need to move on. Vince had never really come back from Dani and Lily, but seeing him truly leave was still bittersweet. Nick had to face the fact that it was time for him to move forward.

"That's not exactly what I was thinking. How old are you now Nick?"

"I'm 36, why?"

"Damn, younger than I was when I got stuck with this assignment. I was 38 and I had given up on field assignments, wanted something more sedate. And, now I've been here for over a decade now."

"Hard to imagine it's been that long. I guess I've known you for a while though. I mean I've been an Agent since I left the service and that was 12 years ago. Time seems to fly by."

"It does, and let me tell you with everything I've seen and done, I'm surprised I made it this far." He took a swig of his beer and Nick watched as memories seemed to float through Oz's mind.

"You're telling me. And, now Vince has a kid which is crazy. Plus, Dani's domestic, which I never thought I'd see. I guess everything changes. And now I have to break in a new partner." Nick lounged back heavily, not looking forward to the next steps and working with a rookie again.

"What if you didn't? What if you took over this place?"

"The home base? Why? Are you getting shit-canned because of Vince and Dani?"

"Not exactly, more like retiring."

"Come on Oz, you're too young for that."

"Do you know an agent named Lita?"

"I think I've heard the name. Is she at HQ or something?"

"She was, then she was an international liaison, but she just got promoted."

"Ah, so you're going international? I thought there were age restrictions, no offense."

"I'm not going international. I'm going to Lita."

"What?"

"Lita and I go back a bit and let's just say we put things on hold until she took a desk job."

"Wait, what?"

"Ah hell, I'm retiring so it's not a big deal, plus God knows what I've looked the other way on. I suppose I should just tell you about Lita. She's kind of my Dani."

"Wait, I know where I heard the name before. Brian told us to ask you about her one day."

"That little rat. I have half a mind to call him now. But, I suppose I'm too old to give a damn and it's time I went after what I've always wanted. Vince kind of inspired me. Here, let me grab you another beer and I'll tell you all about my Lita. Then, we can talk about you taking over here and what it will entail."

Nick sat stunned. He hadn't expected anything like this when he came over today, but as he looked around he could definitely picture his future here in the old man's bunker.

bdbeauty
bdbeauty
167 Followers