Dark Serenity Ch. 04

Story Info
Is being in love with two people really a bad thing?
6.6k words
4.57
12.6k
8

Part 4 of the 5 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 07/19/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: I am terribly sorry for the long wait. School has been a big bitch, and I have done nothing but study, and write papers. But now I have more free time to write more and post chapters more often. So look out for the 4th chapter of A Captured Heart very soon, and expect a preview of a new story, I am working on that center's around bullying. And also remember leave comments as usual, but I really like to see comments now more than ever, because I need to know how I am doing with my male characters. Sometimes I feel like I am not doing enough for their characters.

*

"Ummm, he saved me," Eliza said, feeling the heated glare of anger radiate from Sage.

"He saved you?" he asked back with an angry voice that resounded off the kitchen walls.

"That's why you were moaning like a bitch in heat as he laid on top of you? You showed gratitude to him by spreading your legs? Is that how you operate? Every time when some knight in shining armor comes to your rescue you are going to open up your legs for him? Or better yet will you show your appreciation by chugging down his cock? I can't fucking believe this," Sage continued, turning away from her.

He couldn't help but to be pissed off at her. Not to long ago he grabbed one of the meanest bitches in hell by the throat and defended her honor because he loved her with more everything he knew. He'd done everything to keep her safe and out of arms reach of Eva, and yet he had caught her with another man kissing her sweet lips that he disregarded everything to come and kiss.

"I really don't see how can you be angry with me when you go off to fuck someone else every other night. And not only that, you have never expressed yourself until now Sage. You have always been a friend with benefits that was always guarded and never expressed his true feelings. I only assumed that since we got what each other needs it was okay to do whatever we want," Eliza said getting up to stand up on her feet.

"Eliza, honey whenever I go to fuck someone else every other night, that's me feeding. I am half incubus. I have to feed in order to survive, don't you get that? I mean you of all people should know what it's like to depend on another life source in order for you to survive in this cruel world."

"What is that suppose to mean?"

"I mean you are a vampire Eliza. You are going to feed on humans in order to survive and there's no way around it. And don't pretend to act like I don't know what I'm talking about. I can smell the human's blood on your breath."

She was taken aback. She had forgotten about the sushi chef in the alley before Jackson came to her rescue. 'Damn it,' she silently cursed to herself. She wanted to say she was sorry until she felt Sage bumping into her, knocking her down on her ass.

She looked up to see that Jackson had fully recovered from the attack and was on Sage the minute he got the chance.

Still on her ass, she scooted back up against the cabinets as she watches the two men fight. She wanted to cut in and break up the fight, but it looked like it was going to get pretty nasty. For those few little moments she just sat there as the fight unfolded.

~vVv~

Although Sage was caught off guard, he will admit that to himself, he recovered pretty quickly from the blow to the back of the head.

He turned around to see the tall blonde haired man had awakened and had laid a good punch to the back of his head. Although it was a good punch for someone like him, he was a demon for crying out loud, and he could easily put this man down like a human swatting a pesky net or roach. He felt another punch from the man, and this one, he had to admit was much harder than the one to the back of his head.

Balling up his own fist he gave the man good right hook, and Jackson went flying back against the kitchen wall this time. He looked at the man that had thrown him across the house and into the living room while he was making out with that cute little vampire, and was surprised at the pissed off look he had in his eyes. However, if anyone should be pissed, it was Jackson. This strange man had come into his home while he was getting answers and attacked him.

Jackson reached down into his ankle band pulled out a small, but very deadly, dagger. He charged at Sage with the dagger in his hand, ready to gut this asshole for breaking into his house and in his business. But all he did was lodge the dagger into the counter top as Sage dematerialized right before his eyes. He pulled the dagger out with anger, and turned around as he sensed the demon was behind him.

"Who in the fuck are you man, and why are you in my house?"

"I should be asking you the same question. Who in God's name are you? And why is she here with you?" he inquired, pointing to a shocked Eliza.

"It does not fucking matter who the hell I am, this is my house dickhead. You barged into my house, unannounced. And not only that, you interrupted something very important. Now. I will only ask you this once: get the fuck out of my house before you have to suffer the consequences." It was then that Eliza had finally found her voice.

She was shocked because everything was so sudden, and was still reeling at the fact she might have actually wounded Sage way worse than Jackson was trying to wound him. She had never thought for a mere minute that Sage might have actually cared for her in more than just a friends with benefits deal, and it hurt her that he was so upset by her kissing Jackson.

"Hey guys please don't—" She was cut off by the tone of Sage voice, and stopped short.

"Ha! What consequences? Are you talking about that little knife in you hand, little boy? What are you going to do with that knife exactly? Give me a little tickle?"

"All you fucking demons are just so fucking cocky, but the cockiness always fades whenever one of you guys tastes the sweet edge of my sword." Jackson charged at Sage again, dagger gripped tightly in his hand. When stabbed the air he let out another curse, Sage disappearing yet again.

This time around Sage disappeared for more than a few seconds. Using gifted senses Jackson read the area the demon had disappeared in. Just for those quick few seconds Jackson knew was a dealing with a very old demon, well older than most of the demons he hunted, but it made him none the less powerful. He also knew that he was an half incubus and a demonic samurai. And finally he knew that this demon was just playing around because he could easily kill him less than a second. His thoughts were broken when it appeared right in front of him.

He felt the demon grab him around his neck and slamming him into the ground on his back, knocking the knife out of his hand. Jackson felt the surge of power radiating from the demon, and his instantly knew it was his incubus side. Incubus's and succubus's have more powers than merely seducing people; they also can play on any type of emotion and use it to their advantage. Fear and anger washed through Jackson.

However, despite having these two emotions riddle him, Jackson will still be giving this man a hard time until his very last breath. "Are you going fuck me to death incubus? Sorry to disappoint you, but I rather you rip out my insides from the out, faggot," Jackson taunted, knowing that most incucbi and succubi did not mind resorting to the same sex in order to their get food source.

That comment pissed Sage off more than anything. He allowed the anger to override him, and just barely let his hand slip in it's attempt to choke the life out of Jackson. Just one little tiny squeeze from Sage, and Jackson was already losing his passage to his airways. They both could feel his neck beginning to break at the hand's of the demon. But that was not enough. He let his grip on his neck loosen a little in order for the killing process to take the slow route. He wanted to kill this man very slowly, and feel him fight for his life.

Eliza had seen enough. She would not just sit by and watch one love of her life kill another potential lover. She did not want to resort to violence to get Sage off, so she tried to plead with him in order for him to stop this madness. "Sage, I am terribly sorry, I did not mean to hurt you the way I did. If I had any idea on how you actually felt about me I would have never showed any affection towards Jackson at all." She could feel tears running down her face as she was about to witness the evil side of her lover.

Sage finally looked up at Eliza while still ever so slowly choking the man below him. Jackson's arm began to grow limp by his side.

"Once I finished feeding, a fifth level came and attacked me. I would have fought him off, but he was much bigger and stronger than I. I did the best I could to fight him off, but it was not happening. As the demon took a bite of my neck to drain me dry all I could do was think of you during my potential final moments. The only thing I could think of was you, Sage. Do you really think I would propose try to hurt you the way I just did? If Jackson would have never came along I would have been dead."

Sage felt his insides do little flips of pain as he saw his lover in emotional pain. He would do anything to make those tears go away. He looked at the man that saved the life of the woman he loved. However, he was angry and, being a demon, the instinct to kill weighed heavily on his mind.

With Eliza still weeping she continued to persuade him, "And, hell, Sage, I have to be completely honest, you weren't exactly open about your feelings with from the beginning. I had no idea that you actually cared for me the way I do now. I have always thought I was just some booty call to you when you needed sex."

A labored breath caught her attention she looked down to see Jackson losing conciness, but yet he was still alive. Barely.

"How could you think you were just some booty call?" She could hear the pain rack Sage's voice. "From the moment you bumped into me that night at the night club I have done nothing but protect you every way I can. I have to constantly defend you at the fourth level council meetings. How could you think that about me?" He didn't give her an opprotunity to answer, but continued, "I am sorry that you felt that way but, and I know you have feelings for this maggot. But something has to be done about this situation and I am going to take care of it."

The presence of life in Jackson was weakening with every good squeeze Sage applied to his neck. He knew he was dying, and he was dying at the hands of what he hunted every other night. 'what a way to fall on your own sword,' he thought to himself. His life flashed before his eyes as death was near, from the time he was a newborn, to the times of his teenage years, to the times of his first love, to times he played with his older brothers, and to the time he witnessed one of them being murdered in cold blood by those things he hunted down and exterminated every night.

He heard a sweet voice in the background. "Sage stop it. Sage stop it, please, I am begging you," it said as his spirit left his body. His spirit of mind went into a field of beautiful white clouds, and a soothing warm embrace came over him. The image of his first love came into view. Anna. With her beautiful red hair, sparkling green eyes and dashing pearly-white smile. He felt her kiss his lips with such sweetness that he wanted cry with love. If this was heaven, he did not want to back to the real world. But the beautiful vision was ended with the bloody image of his brother's dead body in the alleyways.

His brother lay there, coughing up blood as he tried to struggle for life. Jackson saw the demons that were responsible for his brother's death grinning from ear to ear as they high fived each other on their victory. He was consumed with anger until the two demons were scared off by the arrival of a very large man. He turned around and bent down to cradle his brother's head in hands as they both watch the life leave his eyes. They both watched as his brother's soul very was called home where it needed to be.

With the deepest voice imaginable, the man spoke to Jackson as if he were really there. "Jackson, it is now time for you to become who you're meant to be. It is now that you should learn your full lineage. It is now that. It is now that you should know all the powers you possess. It is now that you should know what you are, and remember the ones that you thought were your friends will be your enemies, and your enemies will be your friends. Now go."

"What—" Jackson began, but before he could say anything more, the man that caused the bright light shone it once again from his hands and, blinded, Jackson felt himself drop back down ferociously.

The light enveloped his whole body, and he felt his spirit descend back to where it belonged. To say that all three were shocked at happened next was an understatement.

Just when Eliza thought Jackson was lifeless the unexpected happen. "GET THE FUCK OFF ME ASSHOLE." Before either Sage or Eliza could react to what was happening, Sage was thrown off Jackson with a blast of light that filled the room, but that did not put Sage down entirely.

Eliza was too flabbergasted at all that was happening to do anything. One minute she was trying to calm Sage while she watched him kill Jackson, and the next Jackson was attacking Sage with an unexplainable inner force, causing the demon to fly across the room, much as Sage had done to Jackson earlier. She had thought Sage would have been injured badly from what she witnessed, but he was back in attack mode.

"That was a nice trick there buddy boy, too bad you won't live to do anymore of them," Sage said, giving Jackson a good right hook. Although the hit knocked Jackson back a few steps, with a right hook of his own Jackson took a swing at Sage. But it was a miss. If he could not take this incubus out with his fists then would try that light again, but how? Jackson thought to himself. Before he even got the chance, Sage used his demonic warrior father skills to seize Jackson in a graceful warrior's hold, his arm penned behind his back, and his face fell rapidly toward the floor. Sage grabbed Jack's other arm, forcing down to his side, making him immobile and diminishing his chances of getting free. All Jackson could do was to struggle beneath him. "What the fuck are you."

"It's none of your goddamn business. Get the fuck off me pervert."

"Sage, this has to stop. You have already made your point in making sure I can't love another guy. I realize my mistake now. Can you two please stop this at once, and get off him." Eliza was still somewhat emotional with everything that was going on. She wished so desperately that Sage would let up, and realize that kissing Jackson might have been a mistake: 'wait a minute, might'.

"You are in love with him?" Shock plastered across Eliza's face at the words Sage repeated back at her. She hadn't even realized until he posed his question that she'd accidently let the words slip out.

"You heard her, major man slut, get off me. She does not want you, so you can go fuck around with the other man whores like you. She does not want to get some nasty disease from you incubus hahaha." Jackson let out with pain and malice.

When Sage heard the added insult to injury, he pulled back Jackson's hair smashing his face into the ground. Any other human would have been dead on the spot, but apparently Jackson was not like any other human.

"Sage, come on, please, let's not do this now, you know how I feel about you, why do I have to keep explaining myself to you tonight? I love you, and up 'til today I did not think the feeling was mutual."

"Bullshit Eliza, and stop getting off topic. Did you mean what you said? Do you love him?" Eliza was caught up on her on thoughts on what should she say next. She tried to out weight the pros and cons of this situation at hand.

"Anwser me Eliza. If you don't give me an answer your knight in shining armor here will be vaporized."

"Dude did you see what I just did, you cannot harm me even if you wanted too."

"Shut up," Sage yelled at Jackson.

"Sage please don't--." A sob made it's way back to Eliza's mouth.

"ANSWER ME DAMNIT." Getting infuriated, Eliza gave Sage what he wanted to hear,

"FINE DAMNIT. Yes I love him. I was in love him the first time I meet him, or at least I thought so. When we first meet he turns out to be a different person than I thought he was, well the image of him. But that does not mean I don't love you too Sage. I love you. How many times do I have to say it so you can understand me? What do I have to do?"

Eliza started waving around her hands, getting more upset by the minute.

Sage leaned back a little while still sitting on top of Jackson. He could not believe what he just heard, he could not believe the feeling in his stomach as Eliza just stood there and professed her love for another man while claiming to still love him, and he most definitely could not believe the pain in his heart as felt like it was being ripped in two. Eliza was the third woman he ever loved with all his being, and here she was, claiming to love another. He could not trust how much she said she loved him. At that moment he felt as if he could not trust her at all, as if, in fact, he could not stand the sight of her. Raising himself off of Jackson, he stood to his full height, looking down at Eliza.

She saw the hurt he was feeling in his eyes as she stared back at him. The guilt was overwhelming. She felt the guilty pain shoot up from her stomach right into her heart. She did not intend for this to happen, not at all, but it did, and now the man she loved did not anything to do with her.

"Sage please," she said, reaching her hand out. But before her hand could even make contact, he vanished right before her eyes.

The pain was finally to much as she let out an ear piercing scream loud enough to wake the neighbors.

~vVv~

He had to fly, he just had to do something to get rid of this feeling that would not go away like it should. He either had to screw, fight, or fly whenever this feeling came about. The feeling of uncontrollable rage, hurt, and pain that made him do all those three things.

He shredded his human form, letting loose his freighting demonic form, standing way above eight feet tall, and took off to the sky.

He did not know where he was going but he was going somewhere to sort out his emotions.

~vVv~

"Jackie boy is everything okay? I heard what it seems like screams." Jackson looked down at his next door neighbor from earlier, while the little vampire paced around the living room making a big fuss over that incubus.

"Everything is fine Mr. Dean. There is no need for you to worry about little ole me. And the screaming came from the television. I'm watching a horror movie marathon before I go off to bed."

"Are you sure because they sounded so real? There is something very strange about you boy."

"I'm pretty damn sure. I'm a cop for Christ's sake's, I wouldn't have any funny business going on in my house just so I can be on the five o'clock news and people saying 'what another crooked filthy pig that has tainted the police force'. People already give cops a bad reputation around here, and I won't be another one," Jackson said looking down at his neighbor.

"Alright Jackie boy if you say so. I'll guess I'll leave you alone," his older neighbor said, backing down. He was about to turn to leave, but he again began talking, "And oh Jack remember if you need anything at all, you can always come to me, okay?"

"I will surely take your words to heart Mr. Dean. See ya." And with that, Jackson closed the door.

He turned around to see the vampire sitting on his couch, visibly upset about what just went down only less those ten minutes ago. From his view point, he could clearly see that she really liked that incubus, and they had some hard times to overcome, but the fact remain is that he was a fucking monster that preyed on the innocents, and not only that he barged into his house like he owned the mother fucker, he had exterminate the monster one way or another.

12