Dark Weres Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

One of the women. Deloris, that Betty was friends with approached Tasha and had her join her. She shared her lunch which Betty could tell was actually a meal for two or three people. Tasha ate so quickly. Then she thanked the older woman and moved to be alone.

Betty did not like this. She was always rude and short with people but everyone knew she had a boyfriend that mistreated her. This was something else. Betty walked to her and Tasha started to walk away,

"Tasha, please. Can I talk to you? It will only take a moment" She asked.

Tasha stopped, turning her annoyance palpable between them, "What Betty?"

"Is everything OK? My Dad mentioned ..." Tasha immediately jumped.

"Look, Pops did me and Lugz a solid. We didn't ask him too. You have a problem with what your Dad did, then call him." Tasha stormed off leaving Betty standing looking even more confused. Betty's friend, Deloris, joined her.

"Ms. Nancy is real sick. Tasha is working two sometimes three jobs to get her medicine and the food she needs. Lugz is taking any kind of job he can find too. We raised money at the church, but they won't let us help. Pastor Henry went over there and took some care packages. He made them take them." Deloris paused. "Last week after your Dad visited, she relaxed a little. But now she's worried again. Lee-John and she have always relied on each other, and their grandmother. Every morning, he leaves at five going to the warehouses trying to find something he can do. It's been extra hard on Tasha since Jerome was killed, because before she had friends that would help her, now it's just her, LeeJohn and Kasandra. She has been looking out for all of them for years."

Betty nodded, digesting this information. She sighed. Why was father interested in Tasha and her cousin? I'll tell Damian and Ryelle about their situation tonight. Tomorrow, we'll go to the store and talk to her. Deloris had to go back to her line and Betty needed to go home. She sought out her mate. Logan smiled when he saw her approaching. Byron was talking with him, and his eyes lit up when he saw Betty walking toward them.

Love, I'll watch out for her. We will do something, OK. Logan sent, sending her a huge shaft of love.

Thank you, Honey. I'm sure Tasha will be fine. It's not like she can't take care of herself. she sent. Logan kissed his mate and waited as she drove away.

"Man, how you landed a woman like that still baffles me." Byron teased.

Logan took the teasing in stride. "Don't let Diane hear you. She will kick your butt and mine for listening." Logan returned. The two men went back to work.

Tasha returned to her station. No one talked to her and she was glad. She was grateful to Ms. Deloris for sharing her lunch. She didn't know when she'd eat again and after work she had to pick up soup for Grand. Lugz was doing yard work and he would get her medicine. The rent was due and she was able to cover it this time, but the gas might be cut off. That meant no hot water, and grand had to have hot water to clean the bedsores.

Tasha closed her eyes. She would not cry. She fumed, Betty came here to question her because her father showed her and Lugz a little kindness. She never asked him for nothing. They never asked anybody for nothing. Her grandma was all she had, all she and Lugz had. They were losing her, so fuck everyone that looked at her and talked. She didn't need them anyway

"Tasha, when we get off, let's check on Gran and then I'll drive you to the city, OK." Her best friend Kas told her.

"Thanks Kas. Lugz will take me. You don't have too." she whispered.

"Girl don't start. Gran means the world to me. I just wish... Look, Lugz can sit with Gran. She don't need to be by herself for so long." She paused. "Tasha, I know I'm not much, but we got each other OK. Me, you, Lugz and Gran, we are family." Everyone thought Tasha was just a loud girl, but she wasn't. Her friend had it hard and right now she was facing something most could not understand.

"You're right, thanks." Tasha sighed. She knew Kas spoke the truth. When she was with Jerome, there were many times Lugs and Kas went after him. Often when he hurt her, her girl had her back. When he died, Kas begged her to tell the truth at first. She was scared. In the end, she could not let Jacob go to prison for a crime he didn't commit. She told the truth. She saw grandmother in the courtroom and saw how proud she was of her. She knew Jerome's boys would come after her, but that no longer mattered, she did the right thing. She told the truth.

Kas smiled, and then she returned to her station.

Betty was back at the compound. Ryelle and Damian would be there at any minute. She smiled when her brothers drove up and went to greet them. They were welcomed into the compound. Ja'Mal asked them about grandfather, and they said he was doing fine.

Ryelle wanted to learn about the two people that fascinated father. As they talked Logan came home. He hugged his mate and greeted her brothers. Ryelle felt antsy. He needed to see these two people. Betty told them they could meet Tasha at her job the next morning, but Ryelle and Damian did not want to wait that long. He asked if they could go to their home. Ja'Mal frowned. He did not interfere with the people in the town but something in his uncle's tone made him curious.

He offered to drive. He, Betty, Ryelle, Damian and Logan drove to the apartment building where Tasha and Lugz lived. Police! The cops were everywhere; then they saw an ambulance. Parking the car, Betty vaulted. An officer was holding Tasha and another was holding her friend Kas. Lugz was on the ground held by two officers as medical personal loaded their grandmother in the ambulance.

Betty made it to her when Tasha crying uncontrollably, begged her. "Betty please go with Grandma. She's all we have. Go with her please."

Not asking any questions, Betty hoped in. Ryelle and Damian reached them and both men were furious. Those human men dare hold their women. Ryelle and Damian were ready to attack. Ja'Mal and Logan groaned the men and Ja'Mal commanded them to calm down. They heard him and both were temporarily stunned. However, they had no choice but to obey the alpha's command.

Ja'Mal spoke to the officers and they explained that all three assaulted them when the medics had to revive their grandmother. "The young man attacked a paramedic and the officers had to subdue him. As they were getting him under control, both of the young women began striking the officers." He explained. "All three will be charged with assault." He concluded.

Ja'Mal exhaled. He knew this officer. He also knew that this was a difficult situation. "She is all they have. You know this. Officer, show mercy." He pleaded. The officer that they assaulted agreed with Ja'Mal and asked his captain to let them go. "Let them go." The head officer called and the detainees were released. Both female moved to the male that was held down. Lugz and the girls were released. They then took off. They had to get to their grandmother.

The Pack was a big supporter of their precinct. Even when these same people lied and tried to send Jacob, one of their pack members to jail, he never faulted them.

Before Kas drove off, Damian stopped them. Tasha looked at him. She knew he was with the pack, but right now they did not have time to be cordial. "Look I don't know why you are here, but we can't talk to you now." She stated as her friend cranked her car and they drove off. Facing Ja'Mal, the men knew they were going to the hospital.

The members of Kingsley, along with their guest from Jackson, headed to the hospital. Ja'Mal knew Miss Nancy. When he and his mother first came to town, she welcomed them. She and Pastor Henry were the first kind faces that they saw. For her to be carried away, it had to be serious.

Betty rode with Ms. Nancy. She was so frail, so ill. She held her hand and the old woman squeezed her hand softly letting her know she was still alive. They arrived at the hospital and she was rushed back. Betty stayed with her until they placed her in a waiting room. Soon Tasha, Kas and Lugz, along with Logan, her son, and brothers arrived.

Ryelle and Damian were done. Their mates were here and they would not leave them. They needed them. All of a sudden, it dawned on Ryelle. Father knew this girl was his and he planned to bring her to him. He never mention the other girl. The male was strong and he protected both women the best he could. He did not have to worry any more. Both females wound be safe from this point on. Right now, they needed to make sure the old lady would live.

Not an hour passed before doctor came out to deliver not so good news. Ms Nancy was alive but had pneumonia. She was in intensive care. He wanted to place her in an assisted living home. Tasha and Lugz were frozen. Grandma was all they had. She took care of them when both their mothers abandoned them. She raised them and loved them despite what other people thought. They were not putting her in a home.

"No, my grandma stays with us. We'll make sure someone is home with her from now on." Tasha argued.

The doctor faced her. "Ma'am, you don't understand. I'm not asking. I've contacted social services and she will be transported to an assisted living facility as soon as she recovers. Lugz stood, fist clenched, angry. He stalked to the doctors. No one was taking his grandma. The doctor called security and Tasha and Kas begged him to calm down.

Ryelle's heart broke for the young man. It was obvious that he did everything he could to care for his family member. Both men wanted to speak but could not offer a solution. Soon the doctors told them to leave. Tasha faced the doctor, tears streaming down her face and she whispered, "Without grandma, we have nowhere to go."

Betty hugged her, "Yes you do. You can come with me. All of you come with us." She faced the doctor. "We'll be back early tomorrow morning." Then Ryelle held Tasha as Damian held Kas. Ja'Mal and Logan helped Lugz. Logan drove Kas's car and the two vehicles headed to the den.

Father was right. Betty wondered, How could he know?

Ryelle asked that he stay wherever they placed Tasha and Damian made the same request in regards to Kas. Ja'Mal and Kerri provided a room for Lugz. He wouldn't sleep, so Ja'Mal sat up with him. At Betty's Ryelle, Damian and Betty sat with Tasha and Kas.

"Betty, thank you. You didn't have to go with her, but I appreciate you going. He wouldn't let me go." Tasha wept. "The gas company cut the heat off. We just bought space heaters, but she got too cold. Lug was working and couldn't get by there to check on her. She was so cold. We called the ambulance. If I had known they would take her..." She sobbed; Kas moved and hugged her.

"Tasha, she will be OK. She has to be," She sniffed too. "We can go there tomorrow and sit all day if we have too, OK."

"No, I have to work. She has bills and I have to pay them. I can stay a while but I have to work." Ryelle was furious.

Abettia, how can this be? Why did you not do something? He sent angrily.

Ryelle, we do not interfere in human lives. You know this. Betty replied. Damian was silent. He watched Kas. She was a so compassionate, a natural. She would be a great asset when they joined. But first he had to help her through this grief.

"Ms. Betty, Tasha and I will lie down for a while. Thank you for helping us." Kas stated.

Betty sighed, "Come-on let me show you two girls your room." The women walked away.

Ryelle wanted to scream, hit something, and hurt someone. She was not staying here. He'd call father and see if her grandmother could come with them, because these people would not take her grandmother from them. They would not break his Tasha's heart anymore."

Father, we have a situation. Ryelle sent. Alphonso got up immediately. Something was wrong.

*****

At Jackson, Jebutu was making love to his mate. She worked at his office the past few days and she was absolutely amazing. His office needed an office manager, and Lavinia was perfect for the position. All records were filed; offices were immediately stocked, and the employees had someone they could go to when they needed help. He worked mostly with humans, and only a few members of his pack frequented the office. Having his mate with him made the days bearable.

He was not blind to the stares she received from other males. And it did not bother him. The old Lavinia would have flirted and tried to capture every man that glanced her way. But this Lavinia, his Lavinia had eyes only for him. At work, they shed the roles. Not that they had to, but he felt she needed a place her where she could be herself.

She protested at first, but after the first day. She loved her freedom. She was even more outspoken, more vocal in what she needed. Tonight was a great example. His mate wanted him. She was submissive at first, tried to get his attention using her usual tactics. But tonight, he challenged her. "Kitty, tonight, you are in control. You want me; take me."

Boy did she ever! Lavinia took her time undressing him tasting every inch of his skin. Her nips and kisses drove him crazy. She touched him everywhere except the one place he wanted her touch the most. Adopting his tone, he ordered her to stroke him. She froze and took her hands from him completely. Her eyes were disappointed. "You said I was in control, sire. Did you lie?" she asked.

Jebutu groaned and told her to enjoy; he closed his eyes and enjoyed her exquisite torture. Now he loved her slowly, completely. Sliding in and out of her hot sheath, Jebutu reveled in the knowledge that he no longer had to worry about another man. Lavinia was his and she was even more wonderful than he ever imagined.

Her body was so wet, welcoming him. In the past, he would fuck her, but in those times, he never wanted to assure her pleasure. Now, since mating, it was different. His only goal in life was to care for and love this beautiful woman. When he learned about her past, the abuse she suffered, he wanted to kill, but that's not what she needed. Surprisingly, he needed to be whatever she needed him to be.

Soon, Lavinia groaned as she took him deep inside of her body. Jebutu felt his heart race. He knew what he wanted. He suddenly wanted this more than anything. Closing his eyes, he imagined her round with his child and he prayed that tonight their son or daughter would be conceived. She came and he felt her body convulse, pulling him even deeper into her warmth. Surging upward, he fell into the glorious abyss with his mate, his love, his life. Collapsing on his chest, Lavinia kissed him, whispering words of love and devotion. Jebutu hugged her so tightly, rejoicing in the fact that they were still joined. Soon, their heartbeats slowed.

He held her as she slept. He liked it when she took control. He needed to let her more often. Soon, happy and replete, Jebutu slept, holding his wonderful mate close. It was funny to him. It started out with him being the dominate one, now his Kitty called the shots.

*****

Kas and Tasha did not sleep. Ryelle and Damian were in the room nest to the girls and they were alert to every sound they made. Both men listened as the girls talked,

"Kas, I was four. Momma was high and we went to Grans. She wanted to leave and Gran made her leave me. I screamed for Momma but Gran held me and didn't let go. I hated her for making Momma leave me.

Momma came back and she brought my stuff. She told me that Gran was right. She couldn't take care of me. I had to stay. I begged Momma not to leave and she did. Gran was right there Kas. She never left. Even when I acted a fool, she didn't leave.

Then Aunt Pam sent LeeJohn. He kept getting in trouble at school and she was tired. She told Gran she could have him. He didn't say nothing. But Gran told him the same thing she told me. As long as she had a home, we had a home."

Tasha cried. Ryelle wanted to go to her. Tell her that she would never be alone again. She was his and he'd do everything to keep her safe.

"Ryelle, they will come home with us. Their grandmother will come too. We need to talk with the doctor. We can arrange for round the clock care for their grandmother. Call father and get permission to bring them." Damian whispered.

Kas held her friend as she cried. She hurt too. Ms. Nancy was Tasha's grandmother, but everyone knew that she took care of Kas too.

"I remember when we were kids. We were outside and I got mad because you had a ball I wanted. I took it and you hit me. My daddy started taping with his phone. I attacked you when Ms. Nancy snatched me off of you. She then went after my Daddy. She told him to go. He tried to fight her but the police came and he ran. She took us home. Bandaged us up and talked to us.

She fed me. I had not eaten all day. LeeJohn was being mean to me and she popped him and told him to sit down. After I ate, I was waiting for Momma to come. She didn't. It turned dark, and a lady came to the door. Ms. Nancy stepped out. She came in and called me. She told me that I was sleeping over." Kas laughed.

"You were mad because we had to share your room. The next day, Ms. Nancy made Momma come over. Momma took me home. But Ms. Nancy told me, from now on if I was scared, come to her. I did. She let me in every time. She never turned me away, Tasha." Kas sobbed. "She has to be OK. She just has to be." Damian wept. He never cried. Even as a pup when he got beat for one crime after another, he never cried. But hearing his mate's pain, broke his heart.

"Ryelle, something must be done." Damian added softly. Kas was his. If he ever found that bastard of a father, he would pay. No child should ever have to live in conditions like that. When their children were born, he and Kas would make sure. Damian stopped himself. He had not even introduced himself to her and he was already making plans for their children. He shook his head.

Ryelle too was thinking of how to care for his mate as well, The two males did not sleep. They lay awake listening. They did not want to miss even the smallest sound. In a second, they faced each other and finally understood. Jebutu's defense of Lavinia was surreal to them, but now having met their mates, they understood how their brother felt. Because they too would do everything they could for their mates.

In their bedroom, Betty and Logan heard the girls as well. At first they were not going to listen, but their pain was so raw. Ja'Mal, how is LeeJohn? Betty sent.

Who? Ja'Mal asked.

Then he remembered his guest. The young man cried all night. He didn't sleep. He just sobbed softly. Ja'Mal understood. He remembered losing his father. That was pain he never got over. It was obvious that Ms. Nancy was loved by all three people. She was their family and this situation was hard. He could not stand the crying anymore, so he left his mate and knocked.

Lugz didn't move, so Ja'Mal walked in. "Hey man, you need to try to rest. Your cousin will need you to be strong, OK"

Lugz looked at him. "Mr. Sims, look, you don't understand." He whispered.

Ja'Mal sat on the bed by him and said two words, "Make me."

Lugz talked. He told Ja'Mal how Gran stood for him when everyone else gave him up. He was five when his Mom left him, and the teachers tried to tell Gran that he needed special classes. She fought for him. She was the only parent they had. They failed her. She took care of them, and all they had to do was take care of her. They failed her and now she would be put in a home.

Ja'Mal's heart broke. He knew how this man felt. When he and his mother were banned from their pack, he felt like a failure. He vowed to protect his Mom and now he could. But Lugz was no longer alone. He was now a part of their family. His sister, Tasha, was the mate of one of his uncle and his friend, Kas was the mate of his other uncle. That connection alone meant that he would never have to fend on his own again.