Dark Weres Ch. 07

Story Info
Tasha, Kas, and Lugz travel to Jackson.
6k words
4.71
9.1k
6

Part 7 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 01/14/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,295 Followers

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Please read and enjoy.

A special thanks to Andi and Overstar for proofreading and editing this chapter. You two are awesome.

All characters are above the age of consent. Please share your thoughts.

Now, here is Dark Weres Chapter 7.

*****

"Father, Thomas, we were not expecting you." Ryelle answered coolly, gently pulling Tasha back to his side away from Alphonso. His message was clear, he was not Jebutu, and his mate was off limits. Alphonso sighed, hurt that his son did not truly trust him where his mate was concerned. That was not all, Damian eyed him warily as well. It was obvious that Kas did not know him, but father was a very charming man.

Boys, they are your mates. I have no designs, whatsoever, on them. Please, let's work together to help protect them. Alphonso sent.

His sons relaxed. Betty was glad to see him, and she hugged her father welcoming him and Thomas back. Thomas watched his friend. He knew of his sons' distrust of him hurt. He also understood where his sons were coming from. So Thomas decided not to take sides on this one.

The social worker and doctor came out and Alphonso asked to speak with them. The entire group went into a conference room where everything was discussed. Alphonso listened and then he faced Tasha and Lugz. "This is your decision. I don't want you to make it lightly. Your grandmother will be welcomed at my home. You are welcomed as well. I am inviting you to move to Charlotte and allow me to provide shelter for all of you." Tasha and Lugz looked at each other.

Kas did not move. She didn't trust him. This was too good to be true. If a pack wanted to help them then the pack here would have stepped up, but until now they didn't. There was something else going on here and she was not going to stay quiet. "Look, Mr. Um, Pops, what's in this for you?" She asked.

Alphonso faced this girl. She was a powerhouse, exactly what Damian needed. He accepted her as his new daughter as instantly as he accepted Tasha. "There is no catch, Kasandra." Kas's eyes narrowed. No one called her that except Ms. Nancy. She started to speak, when Damian placed his hands on her waist, stroking her sides with his fingers willing her to remain calm. She relaxed, but her doubts were still there.

Lugz saw how Kas reacted to Pops. He noticed that the two guys were tense, but Thomas was still relaxed. He made eye contact with Thomas and for some reason he knew it would be alright now. Lugz sighed, and touched Kas's hand. She relaxed. Then Tasha smiled. Kas smiled also, and both Ryelle and Damian were smitten. Then Lugz thanked Alphonso and Thomas for coming. He thanked them for their offer, but he and his cousins, needed to talk first.

"Son, let's get things settled for you and your grandmother." Alphonso spoke with the doctors and agreed that until she recovered enough for transport she would stay here. As soon as she was able, she was transferring to the medical center near his home. This plan was contingent upon Tasha and Lugz agreeing. He was confident that they would agree. So being alpha, Alphonso did what he did best, issue orders.

Tasha and Kas shared a look. This was too good to be true. No one did stuff for free. What was Pops angle? She appreciated it, but she wanted to read the fine print so to speak.

"I am starved. Let's have dinner someplace and we can talk. Tasha, Lugz, Kas, will you join us?" Alphonso asked.

The three young people looked back at their grandmother and hesitated. "Ms. Nancy will be fine. I'll watch her for you." The head nurse explained.

The three faced each other and left with the group. As they were walking out, Ja'Mal contacted AlphonsoGrandfather, we will hold dinner at the den. Please join us.

Thank you, I'm bringing everyone from the hospital as well. Alphonso replied.

*****

The caravan left when Kas spoke. "We need to go by the apartment. It's been a day and we need to make sure it's secure."

"You're right. Pops, um Mr. Jackson, thank you, but can you just take us home." Tasha added.

Ryelle looked at his father and Alphonso smiled. "We will stop by and check on your home. You are right to be concerned. Then we will go to my grandson's for the night."

Damian sighed as did Ryelle. Lugz spoke, "Um Pops, you don't have to wait on us; we'll be OK. Drop us off and go on back to your family." He suggested.

Tasha and Kas agreed. Alphonso exhaled. "Young man, I like you. I like your cousin and now that I have met your friend, I'm partial to her too. Years ago, I made a horrible mistake and now I have a chance to repay the damage I caused. Let me help you, not for you, but because helping you helps me."

Lugz and the girls were silent. They pulled up to the apartment, and Lugz was surprised to see his boys standing on their stoop. "Lugz, man how is Mz. Nancy?" They asked. "We stayed here until you all got back. Look, we raised some money. It ain't much, but I got some relatives that will send more." A young man that was wearing a wife beater and blue bandanna explained as he gave Lugz a small wad of cash.

Lugz hugged his friend, "Thanks man. She is doing better. They wanna put her in a home, though."

The obvious leader of the group cursed, and yelled. "Ah hell naw, Man. Not gone happen."

Ryelle and Damian moved forward, and the guys looked at them, and moved closer to their friend. "Hey, these guys are cool. They helped us. They good people." His friends nodded. Soon a patrol car drove pass and the young men decided to disperse.

Just then Deloris came out. She went to Tasha and Kas hugging both women. Lugz went in the house, Damian went with him. It was cold, too cold. He saw the three small electric heaters they had bought still in the boxes. A neighbor came and gave Lugz a pink note. Tasha didn't have a chance to get the rent payment in and they were about to be evicted.

Damian wanted to hurt the neighbor, but he realized he was struggling too. He was not the person responsible. The elderly man asked about their grandmother and offered them shelter for the night.

"Lugz, can you and the girls pack your things?" he asked. Lugz looked away, He was not crying anymore. He cried enough last night. He had to look out for his people now. Gran and Tasha needed him, Kas too.

"Yeah, I got this. My boys will help me put our stuff someplace." He explained. Tasha and Kas walked in. She saw the paper ad she knew. "I'll call him. I can get the money to him tomorrow, Lugz. Don't worry, OK." She added taking the notice.

Lugz walked away. He was a failure. He always failed. Gran believed in him, and even now he was messing up. Tasha shouldn't have to carry this weight alone. He should be able to do more. Thomas walked over to talk to him. There was something about this young man that called to him.

"Look my Mom says you can stay with us. Crook, is there but I'll beat his ass if he complains. He ain't shit no way." Kas explained.

Tasha faced her friend. "No Kas, they barely let you stay there. We'll be OK."

Father! Damian and Ryelle sent simultaneously.

"Lugz, no! Young man what is your given name?" Thomas demanded.

Lugz stammered. He hated his name. "Lee-John Johnson." He answered.

"Well, Lee-John, have you forgotten that arrangements have been made for your grandmother to move south. The thing is both you and your cousin will have to go with her. As a matter of fact, I am certain that if your friend wants, she can come too."

His eyes flew to where his cousins were talking. True, Kas was not really his blood relative, but Gran raised all three of them, and that made her his cousin.

Lugz swallowed. If he didn't do anything else in his life, he had to protect all three of them. Grandma was going to a safe place. Because of that so were Tasha and Kas. They had no choice, so they had to go. "Thank you." He whispered.

The girls checked Ms. Nancy's room and Tasha picked up her grandmother's bible. Every night Gran read that bible, and she would make sure it was place by her bed in the hospital. She opened it and read a scripture. She knew, moving south was what they had to do. They had to take care of Gran.

"Tasha, we don't know these people. I don't know if it's the right thing to do." Kas stated.

"Kas, me either, but it's the only way we can keep her with us. Besides, what else do we have? We no longer have a home, if we stay, they will take her from us. This is our only chance." Tasha explained.

"I think we can talk to Ms. Betty and the pack here. Maybe they can help." Kas suggested.

"If they wanted t help us, they would have. I really appreciate Betty coming to us when she did, but they are not responsible for us. We are responsible for Gran. If it takes moving to keep her with us, to keep her safe, then I'm moving." Tasha sighed. Kas stood before her crying, terrified.

"Don't leave me here." She whispered. "You are the only people that care about me."

Alphonso was upset. These three were struggling. Soon a woman came to the door. "Excuse me, is Kas here?" she asked.

Kas had cleaned her face at this point. She walked out, "Momma, what is it?" She asked.

"Look, Crook said your friends can stay one night, but that's it. We ain't no damn charity." Kas's mother stated.

Tasha moved in front of her friend and faced her mother. This woman was vile and she treated Kas horribly. When they left, Kas went with them. Tasha faced her and spoke, "We ain't staying with you; Kas ain't staying with you no more either. When Gran gets out, all three of us are moving. You don't have to see us again."

The woman snorted, "Huh, you'll be back. Nobody wants a broke ass bitch. Especially one that looks like..." She rolled her eyes at her daughter. Damian moved. Standing between Kas and her mother he said one phrase. "You may leave." She stepped back. Damian then moved to Kas. She was quiet. He knew her mother's words hurt her. He did not understand. At home, Lyric did unimaginable damage to her daughter, but he thought that was something that happened. Now it seemed his mate suffered at the hands of her mother as well. If he never saw that female again, it would not be soon enough.

Ryelle and Alphonso moved aside. The woman turned and left. Alphonso was seething inside, yet he forced a smile and said, "I'm hungry. We will come back tomorrow and help you gather your things. Come, dinner waits." The group left.

*****

That night, the group was accommodated. Tasha relaxed. Jacob and Sunnet joined them and Tasha was uncomfortable at first. Jacob and Sunnet did not mention Jerome. Soon, everyone laughed and talked. Alphonso asked Jamal if he could speak with him privately.

Both alphas went to Ja'Mal's mancave. Just like Marcus had done in his home, Ja'Mal had a special room outfitted with things he liked so that he could relax. Alphonso was impressed. Out of all of the years he had lived, he never thought of doing something like this. He would suggest this to his sons.

"Grandfather, you wanted to speak with me." Ja'Mal stated.

"Yes, I come to you as a visiting Alpha. Four of the people in your territory are important to my pack. I ask permission to let them relocate to Charlotte with us." Alphonso explained.

"I have no control over what the humans decide to do. They are free to come and go as they wish. I understand the situation with their grandmother and I feel ashamed. The town has done so much to help us, yet we did nothing to really offer those three people assistance in any way. The thing is after Jacob was almost sent to prison because Tasha lied, I wanted nothing to do with her. However, she did tell the truth in the end. I like to think it was because of her grandmother. Her grandmother, Ms. Nancy, means a lot to all of us. I had no idea she was so ill. If I had known, I would have tried to help.

I know they are the mates of my uncles. I won't interfere with that. I'm not sure why Lee-John has to go, but considering how close they are as a family unit. It is understandable. So Grandfather, you have my blessing. Because of this, I will make sure we keep check in our friends in town even more. Take care of them." Ja'Mal concluded.

Alphonso faced his grandson. "I cheated you. My prejudices cheated you out of your heritage. But now, I have a chance to really get to know you, and grandson, I want you to know I am proud. Both you and Marcus do the dark were proud. You, my son, are a gifted leader."

Jamal smiled. He and Alphonso rejoined everyone as they were all saying good night. Nancy was doing better, and soon, they would all be heading back to Jackson.

******

Arrangements were made immediately. The next few days, Tasha and Lugz moved to the den. Kas stayed at the den with them. After the confrontation with her mother, her mother threw all of her things out.

Over the next two weeks, the group stayed at the hospital. Tasha worked and offered to pay Betty and Logan for letting her stay. They refused, as Ja'Mal and Kerry refused as well. Alphonso and Thomas had gone back and Thomas and Hattie were coming to accompany them back to the compound.

On Nancy's last day at the hospital, the staff was so helpful and so tearful to see her go. Tasha told her that she lost the apartment. Nancy smiled and told her it was not her fault. Then she asked about this place they were going.

Tasha could not describe the place, so she was honest. Nancy listened. The ambulance drove straight through. Alphonso, Jebutu, and Lavinia greeted their guest. Nancy liked them immediately, and she loved the room she was assigned. It was beautiful. She met the nurse assigned to care for her. Tasha stayed with her until she was settled.

Soon a young woman came for Tasha and asked her to follow her to the apartment she was staying in. Lugz and Kas had not arrived. They were riding in with Damian and Ryelle. Ryelle was in a hurry. His mate was there and there were single males. She did not know she was his. Brother, she is fine. Damian sent.

Your mate is with you. Of course you are calm. Ryelle retorted.

Damian chuckled, and Kas looked at him. He was a handsome man. She shook her self. He just felt sorry for them. A guy like him would not want a girl like her. Now Tasha, when she cleaned her self up, she could see him dating her. The thought made her angry.

"Kas, is this the right thing to do?" Lugz asked.

"Lugz, what do we have to lose. It'll be OK. We got each other." She hugged her friend. Damian spoke. The sight of his mate touching another male, even one that was considered a relative bothered him.

"Kas, Lugz, have you ever visited the south?" He asked.

"No, we've live here our whole lives. What is it like where you're from?" Kas asked, curious. Damian smiled and described his home. As he finished the tale, they drove into the compound. Tasha was with Alphonso and Jebutu to greet them. Kas rushed and hugged her friend immediately. Lugz hugged his cousin as Alphonso smiled. Soon the three wanted to see Gran. Lavinia walked them over to see her.

The young people entered the room. Nancy smiled, her children were here now and they looked well. "Children, I'm so glad to see you." She sighed.

Lugz rushed and hugged his grandmother; Kas hugged her too. They visited until Ms. Nancy needed to rest. They left and Lavinia showed them to the apartments they would be staying in. Kas and Tasha would share an apartment with LaTonya and Lugz would share an apartment with a group of young betas.

The first few nights, they were guests. After the first few nights, Tasha and Kas needed to work. They weren't freeloaders. The three met and decided to see if they could find work in town. As they talked, LaTonya walked in. She was just getting off of her job and was tired.

"Hey, LaTonya, are there any factories or anybody hiring around here. We need to work." Kas asked.

LaTonya thought, "Have you talked to Damian or Ryelle? They might need help around the compound." She exhaled. "What are some things you girls are good at? I mean Kas, you are a whiz at repairing things. The three days you have been here, you've taken care of so many things that need repair. Normally we'll call maintenance, but you took care of it in no time. So good, that today, I suggested that Alpha Alphonso offer you a position. I tell you what talk to Damian tomorrow. He's head security and goes over all new post. If they have an opening, I'm sure they'll hire you. Tasha, you are good with kids. I noticed that a lot of Moms have jobs and you take the young ones under your wings when they come home and give their moms time. Have you ever thought about teaching?" She asked. "The thing is the local college has program and can help you get certified immediately. "

Tasha was quiet. LaTonya hesitated, but continued, "Look, I stopped by there yesterday and picked these up. I didn't give them to you because I didn't want you to take it the wrong way."

Tasha took the information. "Wow, thanks, LaTonya. When is a good time to..."

LaTonya laughed. "We can talk to Alpha Alphonso tonight. But Ryelle might be an issue for you."

Tasha frowned. Ryelle had not spoken to her for almost a week. He seemed to ignore her on purpose. She wanted to ask LaTonya what she meant when someone knocked.

"Hey Tasha, Kas, can I come in?" Lugz called.

Tasha smiled and opened the door. LaTonya left the room. Lugz was so cute to her, but she knew he would not be interested. So instead of making a fool of herself, she always left out. Lugz was silent for a moment.

"Your roommate doesn't like me." Lugz whispered.

Tasha didn't think that was so, but she wasn't sure. "She's just tired. Come on, what's going on?" she asked.

"I got a letter from the guys. I wanted you to see it." He handed the letter to Tasha. She opened it and read it for him and Kas. Everyone was fine and wanted to know if they were OK. He would have called, but Sunnet and Mia arranged classes to help them get their GEDs so he wrote instead. Lugz puffed up. His boys were going back to school. Then he looked sad.

"Tasha, I want to go back, but if they found out the truth here, they might..." He dropped his head embarrassed.

LaTonya was actually working as a tutor at the local college. She could help him. Maybe then he would notice her. Taking a deep breath, she walked out. "Hey guys, I'm starved. Let's go eat." She called. Her three new friends followed. Tasha and Kas walked ahead of them, but LaTonya took a moment to grasp Lugz's hand. He blushed. Soon they entered the dining hall together. Lugz started to pull away, but Latonya tightened her grip. Lavinia was the first to notice and she smiled. Soon everyone noticed and the message was clear, LaTonya Boudreaux was claiming her male.

Alpha Alphonso smiled. Thomas cleared his throat. He was a tad disappointed. He liked Lugz, and was hoping that maybe Suni would catch his attention, but fates had other plans.

Poppa, he's not the one. I like him. He's a nice guy, but he belongs to LaTonya. She needs him. Suni sent giving her Dad a mental hug.

Thomas sighed as Hattie joined him. Our daughter will meet her mate one day. I just hope you can accept him. she teased.

Thomas smiled and hugged his mate. Dreya saw him and called. Thomas laughed and gathered his granddaughter. She was absolutely beautiful. All of a sudden he was engulfed with sadness. Dreya would grow into a beautiful young woman, but he feared her father would not be around to witness it. He looked over at his alpha. Love, what is it? Hattie asked.

"Nothing, I'm just getting old." Thomas whispered.

"Not too old," Hattie teased.

"Give the baby to Suni and meet me in the sun room." Hattie whispered.

Searching for his daughter and having no luck, Thomas spotted Alphonso sitting. Walking over as bold as you please, "Sir, here." He deposited the little girl in the arms of her father and left.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,295 Followers
12