Darkest Temptations Ch. 04

Story Info
Alera drove the jet forward.
3.2k words
4.53
8.4k
5

Part 4 of the 5 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 05/28/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

PLEASE READ

Hey everyone,

So I have been reading the comments. Haha, I never realized how short the chapters were until everyone started telling me to write longer ones. I did write more in this one, its probably around 3100. Ch. 3 was around 2700. I am trying to make them longer. I also want to thank you all for leaving very helpful comments. I do read them and I appreciate the thought that is put behind them. Again, thanks for reading and hope you enjoy.

All comments and feedback are appreciated.

Writingfananitc

PS: I've decided to post the little notes in the beg now because you guys probably want to know how long it is... as i not reputed to be a very extensive writer.

Thanks~

--------------------------------------------------

Alera rushed past the security at the London Heathrow Airport. The guards had easily succumbed to her mental prowess as she plowed through their minds. Going through the whole process would have been exhilarating.

"Miss, your connection and headset are in the pilot seat," a woman told her.

"Ah, yes," Alera remarked, "I wondered where they have been."

The woman gave a small chuckle. "We'll be waiting for your take off at Control Room 1192."

"Got it."

Alera finished speaking with the woman and eyed her jet. Yes, she thought, it was the epitome of jets. Well she had to give herself credit. Who wouldn't be able to design such a beauty after studying aero-dynamics for nearly a hundred and fifty years? Alera smiled, that was the amazing thing about living forever. She was able to study all sorts of fields and areas of the human world. Education was simple, it was what kept Alera sane while she didn't need to unnecessarily involve herself with vampire state matters.

"Testing, testing," she said into the microphone as she sat in the pilot seat.

"Roger, you can take off in fifteen seconds. Are you ready?"

"Yes," Alera replied, "And I'm taking route 482CCA right?"

"Yes," the woman who she had been talking to previously replied, "Okay take off in 5-4-3-2-1."

Alera drove the jet forward. Slowly she felt the pressure start to build up as her body pushed against the chair or her jet.

Within a few seconds Alera was off the ground and in the air. Immediately she put the jet on auto-pilot. Unlike the human auto-pilot system, Alera's system was eons more advanced than theirs. Somehow during last year Alera had managed to invent a system that mimicked the abilities of a vampire and with her blood the jet would function just as perfectly as if she were driving it that very moment.

Alera couldn't help smiling at her achievement. Although the US government knew of her supernatural abilities they never dared to cross her, after all she was from England so that didn't really help with the American patriotic sense that they wished she had.

Alera kept the headset on just for safe-keeps; she didn't want any trouble coming out of an accident. Alera got up from her seat and checked the amount of time she had left before she reached D.C. The positioning system she built said a she had a little more than an hour.

Alera got up, careful not to bump her head against the glass ceiling of the jet. She walked behind the chair and punched in a code on the back side of it. A small door opened from behind her. Alera got down on her arms and knees and crawled through the cramped, narrow corridor. She only had to crawl for a few seconds before she got up again. From the back of the jet Alera had a much better view of the landscape beneath her.

As London became smaller and smaller, the verdant landscape of England started to appear. The natural beauty of England started to come out. It never ceased to astound her. From that high up all she could see was the lush of the green trees and grandeur of the mountains. There was nothing like the wildlife. Even though Alera had been in love with nature for nearly two thousand years she still loved it and would for as long as she would live.

While Alera sat there her thoughts started to drift towards Dimitri. He was sexy, she would give him that, not just sexy but incredibly sexy. But, she told herself, a cheating bastard doesn't deserve any woman on the face of the plant. Alera frowned; she hoped that he wouldn't come looking for her. But then again, she doubted he even knew her real name so it would be impossible to find her. Alera could only hope he didn't get a hold of one of her fingerprints. Now that would be troublesome.

Alera sat back against some of her cushions in her secret compartment and picked up her notebook. She flipped through it reading all the notes she took on old investigations. Ah, that's right Alera would have to start planning the mission for Bin Laden.

Alera moved away from her cushions and lifted them up. She placed her hand directly on the floor which was previously covered up by the cushions. A square appeared on the floor, lighting up a bright blue and a number touchpad came up. 05081803. Her birthday. The panel opened and Alera reached in taking out her laptop. That too was her creation. She never wanted to share her secrets because she was afraid of getting too much publicity. The hectic lifestyle she would have to live, along with all the humans she would have to be around. It sounded like societal obligation to her. Anyways, Alera brushed off, Apple doesn't even compare to me so it doesn't really matter. She flipped open the seventeen inch laptop and logged onto her account. First she placed her two thumbs on the side of the screen. When it lit white Alera took her thumbs off and then stared into her webcam. Afterwards she typed in her extensively long password. It was the whole alphabet but scrambled in some random order that she had somehow managed to memorize. Her laptop had over 2TB of memory so she stored everything on it. She had a duplicate computer at home which automatically updated everything she did and had a flash drive that did the same. Then from her phone she could access the flash drive or either computer. Technology made life so much easier.

As she created a new document Alera's phone started to ring.

She answered on her computer, plugging in a pair of earphones.

"Hello?" she asked. The caller ID had surprisingly not shown up.

"Alera?" a familiar voice asked.

Alera froze. Her mind nearly shattered. No, no, no, she repeated, this couldn't be happening. No! Her voice screamed at her.

"What do you want?" she inquired as fear gripped ever fiber in her body.

"You know what I want," the voice replied.

"No Laden, we both agreed never to see each other again." Alera's voice hardened. "I never wanted to see you again."

"Alera," he said into the phone, his smooth, milky voice carrying over, "I'm not a monster, you know that. I just lost control that one time."

"That one time? Don't give me bullshit! You killed my whole fucking family! Both you and I knew that they would have recognized me one way or the other when I saw them at that vampire meeting, but no you fucking killed them! My brother, my sister, my mother, my father, hell you even killed my two cousins who were there with them!" Alera's chest heaved up and down. How dare this bastard call her? How the fuck did he even get her number?

Laden paused. "I know what I did was wrong, but Alera―"

"Shut up!" Alera screamed. Her hands gripped the sides of her computer so hard that the computer started to deform underneath. "Don't give me fucking excuses!"

"Alera!" Laden yelled through the phone, "Just calm down and let me explain!"

"There nothing to e―"

"Shut up!" Laden roared.

Alera cringed. She remained silent.

"Gosh, you're the same as ever, you always make me repeat myself."

"Get to the point," she snapped.

"It's been nearly fifteen hundred years, can't you forgive me?"

Alera didn't answer.

"Well then I'm begging you to listen to me."

This time Alera rebutted. "I don't want to listen to your romance shit that you're about to say. I know what you're going to say. I haven't thought about you at all since you killed my family. Why can't you just leave me the damn alone? You have your own human girls to feed off of. Fuck, you can probably even steal every single vampire's mate on Earth if you wanted to. So just get away from me!"

Laden remained quiet. "I'm not going to bother saying it, you know what I want."

Alera closed her eyes. "Get over it Laden, I'm busy with my own life." With that Alera hung up.

A second later Alera broke down. Sobs shook her whole body as she remembered the painful memory of her family's death.

She had just been called as a reporter to the vampire press conference. Her parents who had some dealings with the vampires were invited but paused before entering the room. They saw Alera with Laden who was, like now, chasing after her. However at that time they had been friends. As soon as Alera had been able to get rid of Laden she turned and saw the shocked faces of her family. Alera had been missing for five years.

It was her younger sister who approached them first.

"Alera?" the girl whispered.

Alera froze. Then in a fleeting moment she collapsed on the floor and hugged the small frame of her sister. She felt a small tear drop onto her skin.

The two sisters stayed there together each soaking in the moment.

Suddenly a hand touched her arm. Alera looked up and saw her father.

"We thought you had g-gone." A small sob came out from him.

Alera stood up. How much had her father aged in the last five years? Still he seemed so forgiving even after that last troublesome problem that came up. He had always been forgiving.

"Why didn't you come back?" her brother asked.

Alera looked back at him. He got much taller and more muscular. "I couldn't remember anything, all I had were memories of your faces and events. I couldn't do anything."

Her brother walked over to her and gave her a hug.

Suddenly a growl out of nowhere sounded.

"What was that?" her brother asked.

"Get away from her," the voice demanded.

Alera whipped around. Then before she could move Laden attacked her brother. He ripped out his throat and clawed out his eyes.

"David!" her father screamed trying to reach for his dead son.

In a flash her father fell dead too. Her mother screamed but was silenced midway by Laden.

Alera ran to her sister and held her.

Laden approached them. His eyes had turned fully red and his fangs completely protruding.

Her sister started crying.

Laden grinned.

"Get away Laden," Alera commanded.

Laden blinked for a moment.

Alera didn't buy it. She lunged at him and went for his eyes. They would take the longest to heal.

Alera seemed to have only gotten one.

As they fought her sister had been taken by another vampire. Releasing her grip Alera tried to catch the other vampire but Laden beat her to it.

The last thing her sister saw was Alera reaching out to her trying to keep Laden from ripping off her sister's head.

Alera shook with sobs. Laden. She knew within herself that he wasn't evil, he just lost it like any other vampire. But still she blamed him. He didn't have to kill her whole family. If he had really been that possessive then he would have just killed her brother.

Still the pain of knowing that her family died because of her made her never want to have a family again. No one, she vowed would ever be able to touch her heart again. No one.

As Alera dried up her tears she wondered how long she had sat there crying. Turning back to the main compartment of her jet Alera checked how much time was left before her descent.

Thirty one minutes, twenty two seconds, and four milliseconds.

Alera rushed back to her hidden room and cleaned everything up. She then closed the door, made sure it was sealed and went back to sit on the pilot seat.

She scanned the skies for any other signs of aircrafts. None in sight. Alera did a quick check on her jet. It too saw nothing

Suddenly Alera's phone rang. Hmm, she thought, she must have built her jet very well. So well that its implanted antenna that hacked into the phone server caught the signal and sent it to her phone.

"Hello," Alera answered, "Jessica how are you?"

"Alera, we need you here quick. Someone was able to hack into our server. It's starting to breach level 5 of the security that holds all of the ECPs (Extremely Classified papers).

"Shit! Are you serious?... Okay, I'll pick up my speed, be there in about five."

Alera hung up and sped up her jet up. It took thirty seconds to get her rocket engine started and then the rest of the time to get there.

As Alera approached the base she typed in her password and she was granted access. She adeptly landed her jet as the rest of the US Army that was stationed there gawked in amazement at her innovativeness.

Alera grabbed her backpack and shouted out orders for her jet to be cleaned up and re-fueled. Afterwards she headed over to the main building of the CIA Headquarters.

"Please verify your identity," a guard said stepping in front of Alera.

"Don't be ridiculous," Alera snapped, "I don't have time to go through all those security checks. You know who I am."

"I know but I still need you to verify your id―"

Alera walked off and tore a thick metal pole straight out of the ground. She ripped off the top portion of it and scrunched the hard metal into a small ping pong sized ball.

"Good enough for you?" she asked. "I thought so."

Alera ran off knowing that trying to pass through all the indoor security was going to take forever.. Everyone would recognize her anyways. Hmm, level 5 security breach, she thought. The hacker must have been very impressive.

Alera thought about what level the main office was on. Ah, she remembered, it was the fourth level of the six floors they had. Room number... she thought... oh well, she could just sniff out Jessica, it wouldn't be too hard.

Alera sprinted off down the long cemented pathway that led to the entrance of the CIA. She saw guards step out of the actual building. Alera took a sharp left before they could even call to her. She rounded to the right and then jumped onto the glass windows. She climbed adeptly each floor one by one. First, second, and third. Finally on the fourth Alera sniffed through the windows trying to pick out Jesscia's scent. She found it. Alera swung back and broke through the glass. Several people came running out, guns raised.

"Tell Jessica I'm here," Alera commanded. One person left and the rest of the guns dropped down.

Alera quickly kicked all the glass to one side and then ran down the hallways.

She heard Jessica screaming as she approached. "Where the fuck is she if she's not here right now in this fucking room?"

"Jessica, calm the fuck down. I'm here," Alera interrupted.

She saw the man retreat into the corner.

"Thanks man," Alera said. "Hey Jessica, so where's the computer that you guys have."

"You," Jessica said to a younger man, "Get off."

"And he was?"

"Oh, he was the sub before you."

"Ah," Alera replied, "I see."

Alera sat down and took a look at the codes on the computer.

"Oooo," she stated, "It's not looking too good right now."

"Can you fix it?"

"Mm, it's difficult..."

"What?"

"It's difficult for the average person, but not difficult for me!"

Alera's fingers danced across the keyboard battling with the other person who was trying to hack into the system. Her hands moved so fast that the sound of the keys sounded like a humming sound.

"Done!" Alera exclaimed.

"Really?" Jessica asked almost too gleefully.

"Yeah, I also upgraded the whole system up. Haha, actually the hacker can't get out now. He's going to have to buy a new computer and destroy the one he's using right now. Once the connection is lost I'll upgrade level 5."

"Whew," Jessica breathed out, "I thought Director would yell at me again."

"Again?" Alera asked.

"Yeah, earlier I almost got caught in crossfire on the way to work."

"Shouldn't he be warning you to be careful?"

"You know how he is."

"Yeah."

Alera paused, "Hey I'm going to see where this hacker is okay? We'll see if I can hack onto his computer and somehow access his webcam without him knowing. We'll do it via internet."

"Want your laptop?"

"No," Alera replied, "Get me the CIA laptop that I use."

It arrived a minute later.

Alera opened up the laptop and started typing furiously away. Unlike her own laptop, the CIA laptop was limited to only typing passwords and codes to get through the security system.

"Connector 43USK," Alera asked for holding out a hand.

Jessica handed it to her. Alera double checked the piece of equipment before she connected the previous computer to her CIA laptop.

"Let's get a map visual first," Alera said. Jessica leaned in.

"Shit!" Alera cursed, "I forgot how to get the map visual!"

"Try Google Earth," Jessica suggested.

"Oh yeah, that's right."

Alera accessed Google Earth and then used the 43USK connector to find the location of the computer since the hacker was still trapped on level 5 of the security.

"That's strange," Alera remarked, "It's coming from London."

"Didn't you just come from London?"

"Yeah," Alera replied, "I'm going to see if I can access their webcam."

A few minutes passed until it turned into an hour, then another hour, and finally three hours.

"Oh my fucking gosh," Alera screamed, "Why is it so hard to get into their computer system!"

"Wait," Jessica said, "What's that?"

A small icon had appeared on the computer toolbar.

Alera clicked it. Suddenly faces came into view.

Strange, the room looked somewhat familiar. Then it hit her.

Alera couldn't believe it. No, Alera refused to believe it. What were they doing there? How would Jessica react? That place was where she had just been. No, she couldn't tell Jessica that she had been there. That room.

For a moment all time froze for her.

Then whatever was said next sent Alera spiraling into the darkness even further.

"Dimitri, I don't think we can get out of this system. It seems they not only upgraded the other ones but forced us to stay on this level."

"Hmm," the all too familiar voice spoke, "Let me see."

Alera saw Dimitri's figure nearing the camera.

"Wow," Jessica exclaimed, "He's really good looking don't you think Alera?"

Alera stayed silent.

"Alera?" Jessica asked poking her friend while talking over Dimitri's voice.

"You don't know him do you?" Jessica asked.

Alera turned to look at Jessica. "He's the vampire prime minister of Europe," she replied in a hushed whisper.