DarkFyre Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Several hours had slipped past by the time she stopped. Through the large window, the sky was dotted with oranging clouds as the sun began to set. The short, fine hairs of Silmaria's pelt itched where her sweat was trapped beneath. She looked around the study with critical green eyes. The shelves in the back right corner of the room still needed to be organized and dusted, but the rest of the study was in proper order at last.

And this time, Silmaria swore, it was going to stay that way. She had to attend to whatever duties were assigned her, of course. But she resolved she would find out who else was tending the study these days, and if she had anything to say about it, they would be doing it right from now on. Angry as she was, her approach probably wouldn't earn her any new friends...but the way she figured it, she couldn't really get much more disdained than she already was.

She didn't care; that's what she told herself as she gathered her rags and bucket and the small container of polishing wax. All that mattered was that this study, this space that had been so important to Master Edwin and such a significant cornerstone of her adolescence, was given the respect and careful tending it deserved. This was his place, and her place, and she'd be damned if she let it be kept up lackadaisically any longer.

Silmaria turned to glance out the window again, noting the lengthening dusk. She was hungry. Cook would be serving up dinner in a few moments. As slim and unappetizing as the meal would likely be, her stomach growled at the prospect of any meal right now.

A moment later, her reverie was broken as a loud, echoing thud boomed through IronWing Manor's halls.

***

As always, comments/critiques/feedback of whatever nature is welcomed and encouraged at familiarstranger86@gmail.com. If you have suggestions for making this work better, I need them. If you can't wait to see this story go on, I want to know. If you absolutely hated it, I'd like to know that too. More is on its way soon, so stay tuned, and please share with others if it tickled your fancy and you know someone who would feel the same!

12