Darkness, Flames and Hopes Ch. 05

Story Info
The Witch.
9.1k words
4.64
2.7k
4
0

Part 5 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 12/15/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Tailroad

Emerald Forest

"You should rest, Minerva."

Dimana couldn't take it anymore. The moon was about to sink behind the hills, and Minerva was still looking at every hill, every cave, every damn stone. Even if the witch was really here, she should have heard her breath from afar.

Minerva pointed another cave on a rocky hill with her finger.

"That- Cave-"

She couldn't even finish her sentence because of tiredness, but she started walking again.

"Do you feel-"

"No!"

"Watch your tone, Dimana!"

Minerva turned to her angrily, Dimana looked at the cave and bit her lip. No, she didn't feel anyone. The damn woman was asking about it every time she breathed. When they stepped into the cave, Dimana created flames in her hand and lit up the inside. Not even a cave. When she turned around, the sorceress was watching the forest. The sky was dark blue, there was little time before the sun came up. Minerva glanced over her shoulder, breathing deeply.

"Lets go."

"Where?"

"I hear sound of water. We have to check."

Dimana wiped out the flames, came beside the woman and checked around. There was still no movement but she could hear the sound of water from a remote location.

"You stay here. I'll check and come back."

Minerva frowned.

"Don't be silly. You can't go alone. She might be nearby."

There was a little consent in her voice. Dimana immediately tried again.

"I'll always keep my senses open. If I sense someone, I'll be right back."

Minerva thought for a moment, but when she shook her head, Dimana grit her teeth. The sorceress sat on a rock and said.

"Stay with me. I'll get some rest."

Dimana opened her mouth to protest but closed it again. Her objection would only upset her more. Minerva took a deep breath as she wiped the sweat from her forehead, sat next to the woman, pulled her knees, leaned her head on her arm. She didn't want to be completely useless, but the sorceress left no choice.

"We've looked everywhere, Minerva. Maybe you're the only human in this woods."

Minerva spoke while still looking into the forest.

"We've looked everywhere and haven't found her yet. It's a great reason to be more suspicious of her being here."

Her words didn't make sense, but her voice promised that she would continue to search for weeks.

"Why do you want her so bad?"

"Her knowledge will be an excellent resource for me to think, to make a plan."

"For wh-"

"Enough."

Dimana, again, leaned her head back on her arms after she heard the answer she was waiting for.

"Is that so?"

Dimana frowned, staring quickly at Minerva. The sorceress who still looked in front of her had the same expression on her face. The voice was definitely unfamiliar. The succubus shouted quietly, jumped to her feet and looked behind. She saw the woman, fifteen feet high on the hill, sitting calmly on a rock. Her white bun and blue eyes were glistening under the darkness. The skirt of her dark green gown was swaying slightly in the wind. She didn't feel the woman, although all her senses were open! Even when Dimana quickly created a fireball in her hand and threw it at her, she didn't move. Even when the flames surrounded her, she stood steady. She wasn't even looking at her. When the flames disappeared in the air, Dimana fearfully cast her spell for the second time.

"Stop it, Dimana!"

Minerva's sharp voice stopped her. The witch was still there and smiling. Actually, the succubus was the only one who got up. Except for her deep breaths, the forest was completely quiet. What the hell was the sorceress trying to do? The witch spoke as Minerva continued to look at her.

"A justice bringer and a succubus are fighting against evil. I've been following you for hours, but I've made no sense of this sweet contrast."

Minerva continued to look at Dimana with her sharp eyes. Was she trying to say something? Dimana couldn't make any sense of her gaze, but turned her eyes to the witch, trying to follow her every move.

"Since you haven't attacked us yet, I'm assuming you want to talk, Ambryn." Minerva said calmly.

Ambryn rubbed her nose with back of her hand.

"That can change at any moment. What's your name, sorceress?"

"Can I turn?"

"No dear, I don't think so."

Minerva's facial features trembled nervously. The sweat coming down her cheek and her slightly shaking voice were revealing her discomfort.

"You can make better sense if you see my face."

The witch was quiet for a while. Minerva continued to look at Dimana, and she continued to look at the witch. Dimana didn't even dare to move.

"I know your face very well, sorceress. That's why you're still alive. Answer my question."

The fear in Dimana's mind changed with curiosity. Two people should have met before. That was the reason for the coldness between them. That was also the reason the witch has not yet attacked.

"Minerva."

"Minerva. Do you want me to rip her eyes out, Minerva?"

Dimana clenched her teeth, staring at Minerva angrily. Why were her damn eyes important? Minerva slowly looked in front of her and closed her eyes. Dimana looked at both women, frowning. Was Minerva staring at the witch from her eyes?

"You're pushing my patience, Ambryn. Next time I may not forgive your life."

Without thinking of what she had heard, the witch quickly stood up. As she was about to warn Minerva, the sorceress grabbed her arm and pushed her hard. As her body drifted over the pebbles, the ground swayed and the rocks left their places. Dimana stood up on one knee, ignoring her sore body. When she looked up, she saw terror. The big pieces of rocks were flying through the air, and the soil was covering the hill like a fog. Dimana groaned, covering her head with both hands, and the hill trembled again before she could breathe a second time. When she felt a large piece of rock on her head, she groaned in pain and shouted.

"Minerva!"

When she looked up, she saw the giant rock rolling towards her, shouting in fear, throwing herself to the side with all her strength. As she passed by the giant rock, she stood up, a giant light illuminated the whole forest, followed by a groaning and screaming.

"You whore!"

The voice didn't belong to Minerva. She should still be alive. For a moment as chaos weakened, she saw a silhouette on top of the hill. Dimana didn't mind the blood dripping from her hair, stood up, jumped up. The forest lit up for the second time, someone shouted again. Dimana continued to go up without detaching her eyes from the woman. The woman leaned to her knees for a moment, Dimana noticed the flame traces. When the woman stood up, orange flames covered the whole hill. The succubus continued to run against the flames that waved her raven hair. She felt excitement as she felt the powerful heat that completely burned her dress and dried her flowing blood. It was the closest thing to hell since she came to the earth. When she went up the hill, she could see the woman in the flames. A painful scream wiped out Dimana's weak smile. The witch was focused somewhere with a scary facial expression. Unlike Dimana, her clothes were not damaged by fire. The succubus broke a knee and shouted.

"Ambryn!"

When the fearful blue eyes turned to her, all the flames disappeared. Dimana rushed to her. The witch grimaced, turning her palm towards her. Dimana's eyes widened when she saw the bright thin line coming towards her. Whatever spell was, it was like an end. Her knees were become too weak to run. Before she could return to the approaching steps behind her, a hand held her arm, pulled with great force. Dimana groaned and saw the black cloak that closed her front before her feet were cut off the ground. They all screamed and jumped back. The succubus gripped the black-haired woman's arm and pulled her to herself. She grabbed the woman firmly with both hands. When her back began to rub on the rocks again, the sorceress moaned with pain. Their body were still on the ground, there was no sound except for the painful scream from a distant place. Dimana stayed on the ground for a while, couldn't believe she was still alive.

"D-Dimana!"

The succubus forced her whining body to rise up and looked at the woman on the ground. She shouted senselessly and crawled to her side.

"Minerva!"

The sorceress was pressing one hand on her chest. Her skirt was torn to her hip. Her cloak was half burned. Dimana sought blood quickly but couldn't find any. Still, the woman had pain in her face. Dimana slowly lifted her head and left it in her bosom.

"Are you okay!"

Minerva nodded, but held her hand on her chest for a while. Dimana knew what she was doing. The woman was healing herself, and her face, which was gradually loosening, was good news. Her blue eyes widened in surprise as a drop of blood fell from the succubus' head to her cheek. Minerva lifted her hand from her chest, slowly placing it on Dimana's wet face.

"Bow your head."

When Dimana bowed slightly, the sorceress put her fingers between her hair. Minerva smiled weakly as Dimana continued to watch her blue eyes. The succubus fought with herself not to bow to her lips. She was more afraid of the damn woman's death than her own, if the damn woman died, all her hopes would be gone.

"F-fuck!"

Minerva's eyes widened as the witch moaned in pain again. She pulled her hand out of Dimana's head, squeezing her teeth and trying to get up. Dimana held her arm gently, helping her get up, but she was the one to get help as Minerva started to walk quickly. Her whole body ached. She could feel the big tears on her back.

The witch was no longer on the hill, but her voice was close. When they reached the other side of the hill, the witch swore a curse, clinging to the rock on which she was resting, tried to stand up, but failed. When she fell, she grabbed her leg with one hand and raised the other to cast spells. Tears flowing through her eyes were more than obvious.

"Stop, Ambryn! None of us want this."

The witch lowered her head and roared.

"Then go!"

Minerva held onto the succubus' arm more firmly and breathed for a while.

"You're a witch, Ambryn. You can't heal yourself. Let us help you."

Ambryn cleared her eyes with her arm, thought for a moment, and looked up.

"You want to help, sorceress? Then kill me."

When Minerva rolled her eyes, Dimana knew exactly what she was thinking. When the sorceress laughed, the witch's face filled with hatred.

"You're already dead, Ambryn. You've been waiting for death in this woods where no one has even stepped. Alone. You're not alive. You're just breathing. I promise you life, Ambryn. You're still very important. You can change many things."

The witch shook her head and continued to groan and cry. Minerva raised her voice and tried again.

"Do you want to avenge your Mistress, Ambryn?"

The witch's eyes widened. Her trembling lips parted. Dimana wondered if she was still breathing. Ambryn bowed her head, lifted it again, nodded, bowed it again.

Minerva turned to Dimana.

"Can you carry her?"

Her body shouted no, but she nodded. The sun was rising and all three had no strength to stand. Minerva pulled her arm and slowly began to go down. When they stood in front of the witch, she startled. Although she longed for death, she still had expectations in her eyes. Minerva might have changed that too. The slight wrinkles on her tough face were showing her maturity.

The sorceress bowed, put both hands on the witch's shinbone and worked her magic. Ambryn groaned, turned her face to Dimana, stared at her thoroughly. She didn't have hatred on her face, but she didn't have like either.

"This succubus saved your life, sorceress."

Minerva gave Dimana a look and a pretty smile.

"Dimana. I say, the price of loneliness."

"I've seen a lot of them, sorceress. But she is different. This one understands. She fights, she cares. They'd all run away without looking back, but not this one."

The witch's knowledge of succubus' could have been useful. Could she send her to hell? Ambryn pointed to Minerva, still caressing her leg.

"Did you like her magical cunt that much, Dimana?"

Dimana looked at Minerva's back, grinding her teeth. The sorceress remained silent, and Dimana couldn't even think of how to respond.

"It's- This is none of your business!"

Ambryn's lips slowly parted. She blinked quickly, turned to Minerva.

"She really cares. And she has feelings. Damn it, Minerva. You're not a dark wizard! Where did you find her?"

Minerva released the witch's leg, slowly stood up and caressed Dimana's shoulder, smiling.

"She's right. This is none of your business. Dimana, would you take the witch on your back?"

The request once more confused Ambryn. Dimana took a step towards her, turned around, and dropped to her knees.

"Hold my neck."

Dimana felt her hand on her back wounds, clenched her teeth, looked over her shoulder to the white witch. Ambryn took a deep breath, tied her arms around her neck. Dimana groaned as she felt her breasts on her sore back. Slowly, she stood up while Minerva patiently watching, grasping the woman's legs with both hands, and pulled to herself. Minerva looked at the witch.

"Now, where is your nest?"

The witch stretched out her arm, pointing to the east. The sun was now fully born. As they came down the hill, Dimana looked around. The battle of the two damn women had completely destroyed the hill. The cave was no longer there. Rocks larger than a dog had stacked on top of each other at the foot of the hill. The succubus felt helpless again, clenching her teeth. The evil magic in her could in no way oppose these two. Yet Minerva had bravely fought against this horror. They silently walked east for a while. When Dimana saw the waterfall flowing between the two rocks, she understood the source of the sound of the water. The witch continued to groan quietly on her back.

"Do you want to rest, Dimana?"

Dimana wanted to say no, she wanted to find a shadow as soon as possible, but the trembling voice of Minerva actually said that she wanted to rest.

"If you want?"

Minerva bit her lip, nodded, pointed at the waterfall.

"I'm so thirsty."

The succubus stood by the pond, groaned, bent down, and laid the witch on the ground. Minerva quickly leaned over the pond, and the witch shouted from behind her.

"Bring some."

The sorceress looked over her shoulder angrily.

"In my boot?"

Ambryn grimaced, groaned, crawling slowly to her side. Two women drank quickly and washed their faces. Dimana pursed her lips and watched the two women's butts for a while, Minerva looked to her over her shoulder.

"Wash your face. There's blood all over your forehead."

Dimana rolled her eyes but didn't object. She crawled like the witch and leaned over the pond. She watched the reflection of the water on the moving surface. The witch could be as surprised as she wanted, she was still a demon. Ambryn lifted her head, completely untied her bun, caressing the white strands with her hand. Dimana, like Minerva, checked women's movements for a while. The sorceress quickly took off her boots and threw her feet into the water. Blue eyes suddenly turned to her, frowning.

"What are you waiting for? Lie on your stomach, I'll check your back."

Dimana took a deep breath, leaned her body fully on the grass, and dipped her hands into the water. When she put her wet hands on her face, the sorceress' hand began caressing her wounds.

"How did you know about me, Minerva?"

The witch's voice was now stronger. Dimana remained motionless for a while. She could attack again at any moment, and this time someone would definitely have to die.

"You tell me, why you need gold?"

While Minerva still pressed her fingers to the wounds, the witch frowned, tossed her hair over her shoulder, slowly lie down on the ground, put her head to her arms.

"Ease your mind."

"If you don't answer my question, I won't."

Ambryn laughed weakly.

"You already answered, stupid. So... Did you kill him?"

Dimana squeezed her teeth, pulled her hands out of the water, and held the flame spell ready. Minerva looked at the water, nodded.

"Yes."

The witch remained silent for a while, straightened again.

"Good."

Minerva looked at Dimana's back, then turned to her face and smiled. She pulled out of the water and started wearing her boots.

"Let's continue. I hope you have another bed, witch."

Neither of them made sense of the witch's laughter.

After a long walk, the Witch asked her to stop. The hot sun was on the hill, the forest was full of life again. A small stream was flowing to the north, the roots of the big trees had covered the ground. The area was heaven for a human. Ambryn touched her shoulder twice, pointing at a tree with her finger.

"That tree, succubus."

Dimana frowned and went to the tree without meaning. There was no sign on it, but the witch put her hand on the tree and stayed motionless for a while. Something moved, Dimana bowed her head, staring at the quickly drawn roots. Minerva murmured in surprise behind her.

"You slut."

When the succubus returned, she saw the wide green door on the ground, between two big flat rocks. Dimana quickly ran to the door and examined it more closely. She was right, if the witch didn't show herself, they'd have to search for her for weeks. And they probably never found her. The witch pulled out a key from her inner pocket and threw it at the sorceress. Minerva leaned over the door, but frowned, waited. She stood up again, turned to Ambryn.

"Dimana, put her down. Let the landlord lead first."

As Dimana quickly kneeled, the witch snarled, but didn't object. She tried to get up, but failed, crawled to the door. She pulled the key from Minerva's hand, opened the door. The entrance was dark like the tunnel in the city of Llevannar, but Dimana could see the entrance stairs. The witch bit her lips, staring at Dimana with begging eyes. The succubus turned to Minerva, and woman approved with a nod. She took the witch on her back, lit a fire in one hand, but hesitated to step.

"Uhh! Come on, succubus! There's no trap. Your damn owner is about to throw lightning!"

Owner... Dimana had never thought of it but Minerva was not her owner. She surely didn't want to be. Nevertheless, Minerva was the only one who could become her owner, even though she wasn't her summoner. Minerva spoke calmly.

"Go ahead, Dimana."

Dimana nodded and finally stepped in. When all three came in, the witch spoke again.

"Close the door, sorceress."

As Minerva turned and pulled the doors, Dimana lit the stone walls with the flames in her hand. There was a large living room at the end of the stairs. As she stepped into the hall, Ambryn muttered quietly, all the torches started to burn one by one. She looked around without leaving her on the floor. There was a long hallway right across the hall. To the right, there was a large table with books and two large cupboards full of books and plants. In the middle was a table with 2 chairs around it. On the left was the kitchen. Even though her belongings resembled Minerva's, the large area didn't resemble at all. Minerva stepped slowly, examining the hallway.

"Eight rooms. Where is here, Ambryn? A damn dark castle?"

"A sanctuary, sorceress. Don't worry, we're alone. Take me to my room, succubus."

Dimana took a deep breath, stepped into the hallway. The first door on the right was open. Inside there was a single bed, two chairs and a wardrobe. Dimana turned her back to bed, leaned slightly, and left the witch on it. Ambryn lay on her back on the bed, wiping the sweat from her forehead, staring at Minerva. The sorceress carefully examined the room, slowly sat down on a chair and responded to the witch's gaze.

"What happened to your sisters?"