Daughter of One Ch. 04

Story Info
The story of Persephone.
771 words
4.61
7.2k
4
0

Part 4 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 12/01/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter Four: Worth

A dress of fine, translucent white reached towards the floor, the achingly soft material brushed against my bare breasts, the plunging neckline almost reaching my navel. The nymphs helping me dress had demanded that I wear it after the white box wrapped with pink ribbon had appeared on my bedside table this morning. They pinned my hair in an elaborate updo to show off the angles of my neck and the long dangling earrings they hung from my earlobes.

After finally agreeing that I would outshine even Aphrodite, the nymphs let me lace up the cream-coloured wedge sandals. Wringing my hands together I studied my reflection, before a quiet knock on the door drew my attention away.

My father whistled as his eyes landed upon me before enveloping me in a tight bear hug that squeezed all the air from my lungs. "You are a beauty." Zeus tucked a stray strand of hair behind my ear while a blush spread across my cheeks.

"Every God in his right mind will vie for your hand in marriage." I could see the coins piling up behind his eyelids as he considered the dowry he would receive for my hand in marriage. The thought of being married had been a constant dream since I was a young girl - every princess ended her story with true love and marriage.

Eleven olympians awaited my entrance at their thrones, their gazes turned towards the top of the stairs where my father stood waiting with me. He had arranged for my introduction into society to be an affair to be remembered, where everyone could witness my beauty, where they could determine what quests I need complete to become worthy of the happiness I hoped I deserved. With a fatherly hug Zeus left me standing at the top of the staircase, slowly entering the room to take his rightful place next to Hera. It would be their decision on what tasks I would have to complete before being deemed worthy to be married.

"Welcome to each and every one of you. I have invited you all here to introduce my daughter to society. Please, welcome to beautiful Persephone."

Taking my cue and a deep breath I descended the stairs. The olympians stood, watching me with eyes of blue, gold and black. My eyes lingered on the last set warily before they found the golden eyes of my mother who offered me a smile. Hera snarled, as my eyes glued themselves to the mosaic tile.

A gentle hand strayed to the shoulder of my dress pulling at the satin ribbon allowing the dress to fall onto the floor. The gazes of the olympians turned inquizitive and intimate as they regarded me. Only one set of eyes refused to wander below my face, and I found a strange kind of piece by staring into them, waiting until the dress was re-tied.

I was directed to a waiting room while the gods discussed my fate. A singular red apple awaited me on the table beside an elegant, plush couch. The fruit had barely touched my lips when a secret door was pushed open to reveal a God with long blonde hair and searing blue eyes. The smile that lingered on his lips did not reach his eyes.

"You have grown more beautiful each night I have visited your dreams." He spoke slowly and methodically, as if he had rehearsed the line for months. His gaze was hypnotic. I stood without meaning to, crossing the room to where he stood.

He sighed upon seeing me up close, raising his hand to caress my cheek with a tenderness I had never experienced. He inched ever closer, my eyes drawing themselves to a close before his lips met mine. He tasted like every sweet dream I had ever had in my life, like happiness and joy.

A knock at the door separated us, when my eyes reopened the man had disappeared. The door was pushed open, my father standing before me, his forehead wrinkled in unhappiness. "Come daughter." He ushered me out of the room.

"Persephone, daughter of Demeter. To be deemed worthy of the title of Goddess, to be allowed to marry, you must complete three quests from three Goddess. The first, from Nyx, the Goddess of the night, who will test the hold you have on light. The second, from Medusa, who will test your courage. The third will be completed here, where you must complete a quest by the Queen of Gods herself; Hera."

The Goddess smiled down at me, and I knew I was doomed to fail.