Daughter of One Ch. 07

Story Info
The story of Persephone.
1.1k words
4.5
6.2k
5

Part 7 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 12/01/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter Seven: The Last

"You are a virgin, are you not?" Hera questioned, her porcelain brush stilled a centimeter away from her silk-like black hair that reminded me far too much of Nyx and her eldest son. As I stared at the Queen of the Gods her question reverberated through my body.

"Of course, your majesty." I bowed my head respectfully, trying to remain dignified despite everything she had put my through during the last week. When I had returned from the gorgons cave with only one mark left, the Queen ordered I be placed in solitary confinement while she organised my last test. It was so that none would be tempted by my presence she said, but my secret visitors had confirmed my worse fears - that she was planning a quest I was doomed to fail.

She smiled at me in the mirror, perhaps enjoying my discomfort at the line of questioning. She had only fetched me from my cell this morning, and the brightness of the world was still astonishing me at every turn. The stares I received because of the fine layer of dirt coating my skin was nothing compared to the looks I got because of the torn and tattered dress the Queen had demanded I wear.

Hera placed her hairbrush back onto the vanity, turning to face me. "Then your quest is set! In the lowest level of this Palace there is a beast turned man who's rumblings have disturbed our court for nearly a century. You must lay with this beast to accomplish the quest." She smiled at me, waiting until the words slammed into the back of my throat like a tidal wave.

"Lay with him?" I questioned, making sure that I understood the full implications of the words. To do such a thing would undermine my purity - no man within his right mind would want a wife who had sold herself to a beast.

"Correct, daughter." She used the nickname sarcastically, dismissing me from the room and giving me twenty four hours to complete the quest.

Without thought to guide me I made my way towards the doors leading to the Kingdom of Night before I stopped myself, heart racing at an odd rhythm. Shaking I turned away, my feet making their way towards the staircases that led down into the three basement levels. I breathed carefully before making the decision to at least go and see what this beast-turned-man would have to say for himself.

I made it to the second level of the basement structure before a feeling deep inside my chest drew me away from the staircase and towards a slightly open door just down the hallway. A beautiful, melodic music poured from just inside. A dark haired gentleman play the piano just inside. I wrapped on the door gently, the music stopping before light footsteps came towards the door. Thanatos pulled open the door, his eyes widening at the look of me, at my presence outside his door.

"Persephone...." He ushered me inside, as if afraid what leaving me out in the hallway would mean. Before sitting the vampyre offered me one of his old-style button down white shirts, which I slipped over the torn dress easily, feeling much more comfortable.

"What are you doing in this part of the palace? It is not a place for young women - especially one like you." I was sure the words were meant as a compliment, my heart warming at the thought.

"My last quest.....You don't know?" I asked lightly, unwilling to divulge more than what he already knew. I did not know the rules of Hera's quest, so I found myself trying to limit everything I did incase I failed before even beginning.

Thanatos nodded, his hand reaching to lay on top of mine carefully, the feeling of his skin on mine causing ripples to work their way up my spine. "What are you going to do?" He asked, his thumb moving back and forth over the knuckles of my fingers.

"I do not know yet...I just wish...." I could not finish the sentence - the wish as impossible as my completing the quest before me.

"If you are worried, I know that there will be a man willing to take you as his bride even if you fail - or even if you succeed." My eyes flicked to his, his reason for being in the palace finally confirmed - he was here to see the last of my trails, to bid for my hand in marriage.

As the words left his mouth I realised through all my time I had not believed I would truly find love. Yet here I was. Falling ever more for the Prince of the Night court. I crushed my lips to his, my tongue licking at them. My hands strayed to his shoulders, gripping him to me afraid that if I let go he would disappear. His own hands reaching under the dress to squeeze my breasts, his light fingers paying special attention to my nipples. Groaning into the kiss Thanatos pressed his body into mine until he was poised above me.

"Persephone..." He moaned my name, his fingers making quick work of the button-down shirt his eyes roaming my body before they lowered. A light trail of kisses made their way down my body, starting with my jugular before making their way to each breast, giving the lightest of nibble to each nipple before continuing the journey downwards. His hot breath fanned over me, I moaned loudly my fingers wrapping into his dark hair as his tongue lightly traced my lips. His tongue arched from the bottom to the top, coming to rest onto the most sensitive area. He flicked the muscle back and forth in perfect synch with my moans. A moment later a nimble finger worked its way into my cavern, pushing forwards and backwards while his tongue worked my body.

His name left my lips as a scream as the sensation rolled over my body. Thanatos sat on his haunches, his mouth shining with wetness as he smiled. I breathed hard, returning the gesture before gripping his shirt and bringing his mouth to mine for a kiss. I could taste the sweetness, the saltiness. It had an almost addictive quality.

Thanatos came up for air, quietly hugging me close before quickly doing up the buttons of the borrowed shirt. "May I offer you a piece of advice my beautiful Persephone?" His voice caressed my skin where his touch still lingered.

"Of course." Any help or advice I could gleam would surely help me in the end.

"The beast you must see is named Cronus. And he is a vile man who deserves to be held in the deepest pits of Tartarus. Do not listen to the words he speaks, but what he says from his heat. And I implore you....." He paused, his eyes lifting to meet mine, and I knew exactly what he wished.