David & Jessi Ch. 02

Story Info
Getting acquainted.
8.7k words
4.8
14.8k
16
6

Part 2 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 02/21/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
WF06
WF06
194 Followers

David had rested well and had actually gotten a couple of pages written in his manuscript when he noticed the sun was starting to sink into the mountains and that the shadows were getting longer, so he quickly put away his writing materials and fixed a can of beef stew over a small fire. He was also percolating a small pot of coffee. While this was warming he did a quick recheck of his patient and everything was still the same and she had not moved at all. After eating and getting rid of his can, he poured a cup of coffee and again leaned back on "his" tree to again think about the situation, and again came up with the same results, namely nothing other than to wait and see. After drinking his coffee and making sure the fire was contained, he gathered a large amount of pine needles and made a bed out of it and after putting a blanket over it and tucking one of his Glocks under the blanket on each side he made himself comfortable and went to sleep.

The first rays of the sun streaming into the tent woke David and after quickly checking his patient who had evidently awoke during the night as she had repositioned herself completely. He crawled out and took care of his morning functions and then walked to the rim of the cliff to check for any sign of visitors. Seeing none, he returned to the camp site and started a small but hot fire to make coffee and then fix a bit of instant breakfast over the coals.

After eating his so called breakfast, he enjoyed his coffee, even taking a cup with him to the rim to again check for visitors. After watching the valley floor area for a while and seeing nothing unusual, he returned to the campsite and refilled his coffee before getting his writing pad and sitting at his tree to work for a while as he had an idea he wanted to explore on paper. Boy, he wished he had his computer. How did Dickens and Shakespeare and Hemmingway and all those other authors get by without one? Think of all the editing and rewrites. Heck, Dickens and Shakespeare and the other old era writers even had to use an inkwell and a quill pen. That idea reminded him of Thomas Jefferson's fantastic work on the Declaration of Independence and all those other perfect documents he had penned, and on parchment of all things to boot. He smiled and picked up his erasable pen and started to write.

After a couple of hours of this, David's back and backside were both starting to bother him so he got up to walk around a bit and to go to the rim to check for movement and then go to his patient and give her a good check over for any sign of infection.

After making sure there was no activity on the desert floor, he went back to camp and boiled some water to make sure it was sterile so he could again clean her wounds and put more antibiotic ointment on her head wound and antibiotic wound powder on the wound under her arm, then rebandage all of them. He thought those on her scalp would be the first to be able to drop the bandages. He removed the old bandages from her scalp and saw that while not infected as yet, they had oozed some and her hair was getting terribly matted, he could do nothing about that until she could be up and about and then he or she could wash it. He did have shampoo and conditioner with him. After he was finished, he put everything away and threw the old bandages into the pit and walked again to the rim for a quick look.

When he got back to camp, he got another pot of water as he was considering a second pot of coffee when he heard a moan coming for the tent and he quickly put the coffee pot on the rocks to heat and ran to the tent to check on his patient. She had moved and it looked like she had tried to roll over and had moaned from the pain in her arm that the attempt had caused. He eased her into a position that he thought would not hurt her wounds and crawled back out of the tent.

Since she had not woken, he went back to the campfire to see about his coffee and to give some thought to his book which would occupy a lot of his mind as he was getting very anxious about his software program. The last note from Thom had said that there had been a temporary setback in the debugging and testing but that they were back on track now. People were starting to get real nervous it seemed and the number of lawsuits and phone calls had done nothing but increase and now a few anonymous threats had come in that had been placed via untraceable burner cell phones. Efforts to find and silence him were well underway it seemed, so he was warned to stay vigilant and careful just a little longer.

As the afternoon wore on, David went into the woods to gather a new supply of dry firewood that could be found lying about most everywhere. In the past few months David had cleaned up a pretty wide area of available wood and was having to range out further and further to find good firewood. When he had gathered enough for several days' usage and had it stored at the campsite, David figured it was time to once more give his patient a check over and then fix a bite of supper and get ready for bed.

After confirming that his patient was still resting comfortably and still had no fever, he turned to fixing a can of what was supposed to be chicken chow mien. He thought he would take their word for it, but it didn't taste too bad. He finished eating and cleaned up the area and drank a cup of warmed over coffee and then crawled into his tent to sleep.

The usual routine started the next morning with David waking up with the sun and after taking care of his morning business, going to check the rim for movement and then starting coffee and while it was perking he would check on his patient. Nothing was going on out on the desert floor so he went to the fire and started the water and then crawled into the tent to check on his patient. He noticed that she had moved more during the night and that the sleeping bag was pretty ruffled now and the bottom of the shirt he had put on her was trying to work upwards exposing a lot of a very flat and toned stomach. He rearranged both as best he could.

He went back to the fire and found his coffee ready, so he poured himself a cup and sat down to decide what to fix for breakfast.

"Whhaaattt happened to me??? Water!! Where am I?? Who are you?? How long have I been here???" This he heard coming from the tent, so he quickly put his cup down and filled a cup with water and took it to the tent and putting his arm behind her back and raising her into a more or less sitting position he put the cup to the woman's mouth and told her to sip it slowly and to only take small sips for the time being. She sipped slowly but thirstily.

When she finished the water, David eased her back down to the sleeping bag and asked her how she felt. "I feel like a truck ran over me," she told him and then asked all the same questions again. David told her that she had had a bit of a mishap and that he would talk to her more about it after she felt better. She wanted to know right then and he again told her that he would tell her in a little while, so please just be patient. He then gave her a bit more water and asked if she was in pain and if so did she need anything for it then he asked if she was hungry and if so he would fix her something light for that evening and then start her on heavier meals the next day. She asked him if he was a doctor and he told he wasn't but had had a lot of first aid training in the Army. She did say that she could use some pain pills and then she told him that the coffee smelled wonderful and asked if she could have some. He told her that as she did not have any stomach wounds he thought she could.

"Wounds?? I have wounds? Where?? What happened?? Is that why my head hurts and I cannot move my arm?"

"Yes, you have wounds to your head and to the fleshy part of your underarm area. You were shot three times and we will talk about that shortly, and that is why your head hurts and the sleeve of the shirt you are wearing is pinned to the body as I did not have a sling for it. Now, are you hungry? I have an assortment of semi delicious canned goods available for now."

"I think I could use something to eat but do not know what you have or what I want, so please just fix anything you want and thank you. You are very kind, I think. Who are you anyhow?"

"I am just a camper that happened to find a pretty girl in trouble and decided to try to help her."

"I think you must have an Irish name."

"We will have a show and tell time after lunch and I have had a chance to check your wounds again. Now, about that headache, I have some Lortab 3's which I can give you for the pain, but because it is a head wound I would rather give you some Tylenol for tonight and a couple of antibiotic pills just in case. We will continue those for a couple of days." Then he gave her the pills and another cup of water.

She asked if she could stand and he told her she could try, but it might be painful to her and that she might be nauseous and light headed when she first stood due to the head wounds. She started to try to slide out of the tent but was having trouble, so laughing David told her he would pull her out by her ankles if she would like. She told him to go ahead and he did, slowly easing her out without hurting her shoulder. Once outside the tent, he helped her to her feet and as she stood she said that her pants were undone and he told her that he had loosened them so she could breathe and relax and sleep but had left them on for warmth and modesty.

She asked him about a bathroom and he laughingly told her to pick a tree. She asked if he was serious and he assured her he was and she said that as much as she hated to ask, could he help her as she really need to pee. He got some tissue and led her up the slope slightly and then getting behind her told her what he was going to do and then hooked his thumbs into both her jeans and panties and eased them down to almost her knees and then holding by the shoulder on one side and her waist under her wound told her to squat and that he would hold her and not look and that she could take care of the paperwork herself, which brought a laugh. He told her he would try to figure out making a makeshift potty for her to use. When she was finished, he helped her up and then while she kept her good hand on his shoulder, he pulled her jeans and panties back up and he fastened her jeans this time. She thanked him and they went back to the camp.

He told her that he did not have any chairs but to give him a bit and he would get a pile of pine needles and put something over them for her to sit on. She told him that the ground was okay to sit on if he would help her up and down until she got her arm back. He sat her close to the campfire in case she got a chill, not that he would ever build a large fire, but even the small one could help.

David searched his food supply and found some chicken and rice soup that he thought might be just about right for her right then. Not too light and not too heavy as she had not eaten now in at least three days. He fixed hers first and poured it a bowl and he placed her bowl wrapped in a towel on her lap where it would not spill and gave her a spoon then he started on his chili.

David had figured that after they talked he would have to make a decision on what to do as he knew he did not have enough food and supplies for the two of them for very many days. He dreaded the idea of using one of his burner phones, not because of the cost, but as he only had a few, but he knew he would have to do it, and soon.

After they had eaten and put things away, James fixed some more coffee and poured them each a cup and then he looked at her seriously and said "I don't know who you are or what happened but we are going to find out, but first I have to say that you are without a doubt the most beautiful live and real woman I have ever seen. Not one of those plastic beauties you see in the movies and on TV, but a real down home honest to God beauty. Now why in the world would someone want to kill you and hide the body so badly?"

She looked at him for a minute and after taking a couple of sips of her coffee and seemingly in deep thought she looked at him, smiled, and then said, "Yep, you are Irish. Okay, I am an FBI special agent and I have been slightly undercover investigating a branch of the Mafia family in Denver for money laundering, prostitution, gambling, drugs, loan sharking and about anything else connected to dirty money you might imagine. I developed a source and found out lots of information, only I had no hard proof as yet. I got too close and they thought they had to put me away and out of their lives before they got life. My source was killed in a drive by shooting, and I was abducted. In the interest of national security, I am afraid I cannot go further into it as it is all is a part of an ongoing investigation as they call it,"

David laughed at her and said "In the interest of national security, huh?? I bet I am cleared lots higher that you are or at least I was. I am a medically retired Special Forces Captain, and I am up here hiding out from every bad guy west of the Mississippi and probably several hundred from the east of it.

She blinked and said "You are David Scott; I forget the middle name, aren't you. If so, yes you are the subject of a search way beyond epic proportions. I think everyone with a badge or in uniform is looking for you but the boy scouts and I am not too sure about them. How did you manage to get away from everyone and get up here and how are you being supplied?"

"Damn, you ask a lot of questions in one sentence, lady. Yes, I am David Scott and I have a couple of very smart and devious friends that like spy novels I think, or else they missed their calling. When the news of my new software program first broke, we found out how much danger I might be in, so plans were made to get me out of town under the cover of darkness and then to a safe car and then to here where I have a plane resupply me on a semi random basis and in a different spot each time. I had not seen a soul until you and your party show up and disturbed my peace, so to speak. How are you feeling? By the way do not stay up to long as you are still weak from your wounds."

"How are we going to get out of here or are we? I can see where getting out could be very dangerous for both of us. They have already made an attempt on me and almost succeeded and half the bad guys in the world are looking for you. Do you have a sat phone or some way to communicate with the outside besides smoke signals?" she asked looking around.

"I do have a burner phone that I have not used. I have it for emergencies and I think this might constitute such a case, don't you? Let me ask you a question, just for curiosity, do you know a man named Elton Moss?"

"Yes, I do know him and know him well. He was like a second dad or maybe an uncle to me when I was a new agent. He is high up the food chain in the White Collar Crime Unit and I used to work with him before I was moved to Organized Crime. I think I want to go back to White Collar as very few of them get shot."

"Do a lot of people in your unit get shot?"

"No, but one was enough if that one was me."

David went to the tent and got his burner phone from his pack and returned to the campfire with it. He removed the packaging and inserted the battery and turned it on to check for a signal. He had one but it was only about half a scale so he had to hope he could have a quality call.

"By the way, just what is your name? I will need to be able to tell him something."

"My name is Jessica Sue Miller, but I usually answer to Jessi."

David placed the call to his friend and partner and when the receptionist answered, he knew it was a stranger on the phone. He asked where Susanna was and the new girl told him she was recovering from an automobile accident she had been in last week. David told her to let him speak to Thom right away and was told that he was busy at the time and that she would give him a message or transfer David to Thom's voice mail. David told her to interrupt and get Thom on the phone. She told David she could not do that. David gritted his teeth and told the girl that if she still wanted to have her job tomorrow that she should right away go and tell Thom that his vinyl siding contractor needed to talk to him and right damn now or else. She excused herself and in just a few seconds heard Thom tell the new girl to go get a 10-minute cup of coffee and to close the door on the way out.

"David!! Where the Hell are you? Are you alright? We have been so worried here and Susanna was run off the road after she wouldn't or couldn't tell someone where you were but we can't prove anything. It is getting bad and the cops really want to talk to you. Local ones, state and I think every alphabet organization the government has all want to talk to you or get a piece of your ass one. I am looking for the Mounties, Bobbies, and Interpol to show up anytime. Now, what can I do for you, my friend."

"Okay, start listening hard. You need to call Elton. He has a former associate of his named Jessi that is now working elsewhere and got too close to something hot and she got taken to the desert and shot three times by a couple of goons I can identify. She is recovering fine under my excellent care for now. We do not want this information to leak as there has already been a try on her life. If our program works right, we should be able to fry some ass for her when we come down and gets home and I think she would gladly furnish her own alligator clips and battery cables if we allowed it. She ain't happy.

"Now, how is our program doing? I need a good meal and a long hot bath and a real bed, not to mention some real food."

Thom told him that the program was progressing nicely and he figured that about 6 weeks should finish it up and they could do the final testing and then place it with marketing in another two weeks, so for him to hold on for another two months if he can.

David told him that he could but he was concerned about Jessi as she had no clothes, no sundry items, and no toiletries or camp stool and she really needed a portable potty chair if she was going to stay with him for the duration. David asked Thom to talk to Elton as soon as possible and in private and see what the FBI wanted to do. David told Thom to call him back on that same number one time only right after he talked to Elton and that then the phone would be destroyed as he did not want to take a chance on the bad guys getting a triangulation on him from it. He told Thom that he would get some clothes sizes for Jessi as she had no clothing up there. Thom told him that he understood and that he would call him before the end of business that day or before 11 AM the next morning depending on what Elton had to say. When David asked, Thom said he would send another half dozen phones out and after David gave him Jessi's sizes said he would get her some comfortable clothes and shoes along with more food items on the next plane as well and they hung up

David looked at Jessi and said "you heard?"

She told him she had and she understood and that Elton had been like a father to her when she was a rookie right out of the academy, and she loved him dearly for it and had a great deal of respect for him because of the way he handled himself and how he handled business. She said she wondered how he was going to handle this one. She also said that she kind of wondered if maybe the mob that she was investigating didn't have a mole or informant on the payroll of the FBI as it sure was sudden right after her initial report that she was found out and kidnapped and then shot. He asked her if she knew for sure who kidnapped her and if it was the same people that shot her.

She told him that she did know who kidnapped her and who ordered it and who ordered her killed and that one of the four that drove her to the desert was one of the three that kidnapped her the night before she was driven to the desert. And this happened right after she made a report to her supervisor about having a witness and source that she had found that could send the whole group to jail.

WF06
WF06
194 Followers