David & 'Lyssa

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

David walked with the girls through the mall to the nearest clothing store. There he endured an hour or so of waiting while the girls tried o outfit after outfit. Finally they came over with their selections and dragged him to the cashier to pay for them. "Time for lunch." David said as they headed down toward the food court.

"You are right about that, SNACK FOOD!" Came a rasping voice from behind them. David spun around. There stood a creature right out of a bad 50's B movie. It looked like a cross between a bear and an overgrown cockroach. It had entirely too many legs and eyes, and a case of bad breath that was near toxic in itself. David shoved the ladies over to the side as he set himself to fight the beast. "What's the matter warm blood? No weapons and no powers?" David took his hand out of his pocket. "Catch." David said as he tossed the grenade to the beast. He spun in the same motion and dove on top of the girls and took them to the floor under him.

The bear/cockroach caught the grenade and held it close to its eyes to get a better look at what it was. Whoever or whatever had sent the beast to David's world would have done batter to send something that was more conversant with modern weapons. It knew all about swords and knives and axes. It even knew quite a bit about guns, having been shot one time by an unlucky trapper in Alaska. However it had never seen or heard of a grenade. And it never got the chance to add to its store of knowledge.

David closed his eyes and hoped as the grenade went off, bbowing ichor and pieces of hair and chitin all over the surrounding stores. The headless corpse was still twitching on the floor when David hauled the girls to their feet and hustled them to the nearest exit.

'Lyssa had the presence of mind to snatch up their shopping bags as the got out of there. There was a series of pops behind them as they neared the truck. An unearthly howling sounded much too close at hand as they scrambled into the vehicle. The truck started on the first try, and David peeled out of the parking lot as half seen shapes leaped and bounded over and around the parked cars in pursuit. Prissy and 'Lyssa were scrabbling in the back seat for the guns as David accelerated down the street headed for the interstate.

The 500 hp diesel roared as David powered down the street. He was doing 70 by the end of the block, and was doing nearly 100 when he had to brake to make the turn onto the interstate. Heading south, David floored the pedal. The pursuers, whatever they had been were long gone. But David had no intention of stopping anytime soon.

"SHIIIIIIT!" David yelled as the scenery changed again from the interstate to what appeared to be the same plane that they had been dropped on in the Caddy. 'Lyssa and Prissy felt the world change and turned around to sit down and buckle in.

There were no tracks to be seen on the hard packed ground. The pillars of fire and the distant mountains appeared to be the same though David had not seen enough to be sure. David throttled back to a saner (slightly) 60 MPH as he took stock of their situation.

Assets, two native guides, his truck with nearly full fuel tanks and more fuel in the back. Weapons and supplies for 3 people for a week. Liabilities, They were freaking lost.

"Any suggestions would be welcome ladies." David said. Only Prissy spoke up. "Head towards that mountain that looks like a woman's tits. There is a road there that will take us to a different domain." 'Lyssa just curled up on the seat and leaned against David until he put his arm around her. Prissy leaned against 'Lyssa, and David shifted his arm so it rested across her shoulders too.

David pointed the truck toward the mountain that Prissy had pointed out and hit the cruise control to conserve fuel. David still had 1 ½ tank left out of 2, when he spotted trees on the horizon. David stopped the truck and woke the girls, who had slept for the last few hours. The three of them transferred diesel from the cans to the tanks, then David checked the oil etc. He didn't know when he would get the chance again. He also dug out the backpacks and weapons. The satchel of special ordinance, David lashed to his own pack. David strapped on his .45's, and gave 'Lyssa the Colt revolvers and the gun belt that went with them. Prissy got the Clocks and one of the H&K's. David passed 'Lyssa the other H&K and propped the Barret up between them with the butt on the floorboard.

The light shone unchanging through the overcast, but David's watch was still ticking; it's windup action unaffected by the world shifts. It showed that 7 hours had passed since they had fled from the mall.

Neither girl knew how to drive, so David took a couple of white cross speed tablets to stay alert. Then he headed for the trees. The road was easy to find, white against the charcoal gray of the ground and the skies. The road was easily wide enough for the truck. The land changed rapidly as they traveled. Soon they were driving through an area that could have been anywhere in the American Mid-West.

Well, except that instead of cattle, there was some kind of giant beetle. The people that they saw seemed to be the same mixture of human and others that they had seen in Diret's domain. Those that they passed turned to stare at the apparition speeding by. David was wryly amused. The big GMC had to be the oddest thing that they had ever seen. All a matter of perspective he supposed. Prissy got excited and bounced in her seat. "There is a fountain up ahead!" she cried. Welcome news to the weary travelers. David turned the truck onto the grass next to the fountain and shut it down. "All out for supper and sleep." he announced.

David first went over to the fountain and took a dipper of the water to share with the girls. David again had the feeling that the ritual was critical to their survival, although he could not for the life of him have said why.

'Lyssa and Prissy set up one of the dome tents between the truck and the fountain. David gathered some wood from a pile nearby to heat water for their meal. 'Lyssa was coming to like the MRE's, and said so to David. He figured that just pointed out how alien she really was. The trio ate quickly. All were tired, Crawling into the blankets in the tent, they were too tired to do more than snuggle close and drop into a deep, but far from dreamless sleep. •There was a thick fog blanketing the area when they woke up. The truck was dimly visible only a few feet away. The fountain was completely obscured. David dug out a length of nylon rope. "No one leaves the tent without this rope tied around the waist, I don't want anyone getting lost," He told the girls. "Prissy, you help me pack the tent and the gear. 'Lyssa, please take the water jugs and canteens and fill them from the fountain." "Yes boss man." quipped Prissy. 'Lyssa just grinned and gathered the water jugs. David tied the cord around her waist and tied the other end around his waist before letting 'Lyssa out of his sight. The fog swallowed her up in just a few steps. 'Lyssa let out a yelp as she stumbled over the lip of the fountain with a mighty splash. Prissy giggled as she helped David take down the tent and fold the blankets etc. then she dug out some towels and met 'Lyssa when she came following the line back to David with the full water jugs and canteens.

David stowed the water in the back of the truck and lashed down the rest of the camping gear down so that it would not shift or bounce out if the going got rough. Prissy was helping 'Lyssa dry off so she could change into dry clothes.

David checked the weapons and the oil and coolant levels in the truck.

Suddenly the fog began to thicken, and only the feel of his hand on the truck allowed David to keep track of where he was. "Prissy! Grab 'Lyssa's hand and DON'T let go no matter what!" David called urgently into the fog. His words sounded strangely muffled even to his ears.

David set his back against the truck and hauled in the cord attaching him to 'Lyssa hand over hand. He felt the tug when her took up the last of the slack, and he carefully pulled the girls to him. When he had 'Lyssa by the hand, David worked his way back to the door of the truck and got it opened. He hustled the girls inside and climbed onto the drivers seat, coiling the cord so that he could close the door without catching the cord in it. Finally he was able to close the door and take the time to untie the cord from his waist.

"Nothing to do but wait." David said. The thick gray blanket of fog that swirled and eddied around hid everything outside the windows.

David had Prissy climb into the back seat and dig out some granola bars and one of the canteens for breakfast. The trio ate quietly, somehow reluctant to disturb the quiet with too much noise. When the fog disappeared, it went in a sudden blink. One instant, the fog was as thick as ever, the next, it was gone, leaving them blinking in bright sunlight.

David cursed and grabbed for the sunglasses clipped to the visor over his head. When he could see again, he saw that they were on a road passing through a very strange looking landscape. The light reflected and refracted from everything in sight, causing the momentary discomfort after the dimness of the fog. 'There are sunglasses in the glove box." David told the girls, and they hurried to put them on. "Any ideas where the hell we are and what happened?" David asked. "Do you want the first question or the second question answered first?" asked Prissy. "Your choice," said David. "Don't know where we are, and have no idea how we got here." Said Prissy with a straight face. "You're a lot of help," laughed David. But he was grateful to her for breaking the tension just a bit. 'Lyssa spoke up then. "I have only passed through here. But I think we ought to get moving, there are things here that are very dangerous." "Right," said David. And he started the truck and put it in gear. David kept the speed low even though the road they were on looked good. After a few miles, David stopped the truck abruptly. "Stay here and cover me." David said.

He got out of the truck cautiously, leaving the engine idling. He approached what looked somewhat like a familiar oak tree. But the trunk, leaves and branches were translucent. He touched the tree. It was made of crystal. He knelt to look at the grass underfoot. It was flexible, but was also crystalline. David stood and watched a small rabbit hopping away. It was composed of a smoky gray crystal that flexed and moved as flesh would. David went back to the truck and got in.

"How do we get out of here?" Davis asked 'Lyssa. "We won't be able to eat the food, or probably drink the water. We can't stay here for long." 'Lyssa replied, "The one time I was here, I passed through a pair of gates a few hundred feet apart, and I still almost got killed. The gates are near an ocean, that's all I know. I don't even know where the ocean is in relation to us." "Well, maybe we can find someone to give us directions. Or maybe we can find a tall hill and get our bearings." The girls didn't answer and David drove on. The miles passed with little change in scenery. Then David saw something that made him stop. A critter that looked like a small tyrannosaur was perched on a large quartz boulder. It spread a pair of odd looking wings to catch the sunlight, and a pair of beams shot from it's eyes to strike one of the rabbit-like creatures, shattering it. The predator hopped from the boulder and trotted over to where the crystal bunny lay in chunks, and it began to feed. 'David took out his .45 and rolled down the drivers window. A single shot shattered the mini tyrannosaur into a pile of splinters. "So they can be killed." David mused. "But that light weapon of theirs could be nasty."

'Lyssa shivered and huddled down into the seat. She HATED feeling helpless like this. She had always been the predator, the one in control. And to have to rely on someone else galled her no end. Prissy hid her satisfaction well. So far, David and 'Lyssa were doing far better than she had hoped. With 'Lyssa stripped of her powers, and David gaining control of his growing powers, things were getting interesting.

David was doing some thinking of his own. He did not like being out of control of his situation. This was starting to remind him of his military days, being sent to places he had no interest in going for purposes that he could not care less about. But as then, he would do his job and try to survive and keep his people alive as well.

The few creatures that they saw seemed curious, but did not try to harm them that they could tell. David took a walk to the top of a hill as 'Lyssa covered him with the Barret. He could see the road branched ahead a few miles, and the left branch lead toward what looked like a body of water. It was hard to tell with all of the glare. As David turned to go back to the truck, He saw a person standing by the truck apparently talking to the girls. David approached cautiously with his .45 in his hand and the safety off.

"This is Jenny," said Prissy. "She lives not too far from here and she has offered to guide us to the gates." "Jenny?" asked David. "What were you expecting? Jenny is a common name in most worlds." said 'Lyssa. David shook his head. He was beginning to get numb to new surprises. This had been a hell of a week. Jenny was formed of the same flexible crystals as the rest of the plants and animals on this world. She was reasonably pretty even by the standards of David's world, and she was friendly to boot. David holstered the .45 and held his hand out to Jenny. She took his hand and David bowed over it. "My name is David," he said. "And your help is most welcome milady." Jenny blushed a faint rose color. "Glad to help any way I can. I'm just glad to get away from the farm for a while." David grinned. Boredom, another inter-universal trait.

Prissy climbed into the back seat, and 'Lyssa scooted over to let Jenny climb in. David got into the drivers seat and buckled in. Jenny was fascinated by the interior of the truck. David remembered that he had a few CD's in the glove box. He had 'Lyssa hand him one.

Upbeat Irish music by a group called Gaelic Storm. He opened the case and slid the CD into the player. 'Lyssa and Jenny jumped when the music started. Then relaxed a bit and listened to the tunes. Jenny pointed the way, and chatted with the girls about life on her farm and their travels so far.

As 'Lyssa and Prissy filled Jenny in, David concentrated on watching for the large lizard like predators that Jenny said were the main problem in the area. But the trip to the gates was fairly uneventful. David aligned the truck with one of the gates. Prissy and Jenny got out to set the gate to go back to David's world. Prissy and Jenny got back into the truck. "I'm going with you." Jenny declared.

David rolled his eyes. He was getting quite a harem, and he still wasn't getting any. "OK," he said. "Let's roll." He put the truck in gear and drove through the gate. There was the familiar internal wrenching of inter-universal travel, and then they were traveling on level ground again. David looked around for clues as to where they were. Broad flat white/tan flats stretching off to mountains in every direction. Bonneville salt flats? Groom Lake?

David saw a something approaching from behind at a high rate of speed. David was doing about 60, but whatever was overtaking him was easily doing 3 times that speed. However the creature that came up and slowed beside them for a moment was definitely NOT human. Although he was riding a motorcycle of some kind. The biker thing gave them a friendly wave, then accelerated off into the distance. David looked over at Prissy. She gave him a wry shrug and a small smile, "ooops?" she said. David cracked up laughing. 'Lyssa looked at him like he was crazy. "It figures." David said. "Oh well, what's one more universe. Anyone know where we are and how do we get out of here?"

1 Lyssa looked around and began to get excited. This was HER domain! And that meant that her home was over.. THAT way. "Go that way! Go that way!" squealed and pointed. David obligingly turned the wheel to point the truck where 'Lyssa wanted. Prissy sat back with an air of satisfaction. So far so good. Time to stir things up a bit. Then she looked up and saw David watching her in the rear view mirror. She blanked all expression from her face. How much had he seen? And what, if anything, does he suspect? Her thoughts raced. She was not at all sure that she could still control or stop David if he got well and truly pissed. And when he found out that this whole adventure had been one huge practical joke, he would NOT be happy at all. David gave her a look that clearly said, 'we have to talk'. Then he turned his attention to the road.

David had always known that Prissy was far more than she had seemed. There were too many clues along the way. 'Lyssa getting her shape shifting back temporarily. His ability to override Diret's block on shape shifting and magic use.

'Lyssa and Jenny were oblivious to the exchange of glances. 'Lyssa was hyped about getting home, and Jenny was too busy checking out the only place she had ever been outside of her own universe. Heck she had never been more than 30 miles from her home in her life. David thought about what she would eat or drink in this world. And cursed himself for not having thought about it sooner.

David took his hand off the wheel, and took Jenny's hand. She smiled at him and twined their fingers together. Then she turned her attention to the scenery. Prissy sat up straight as she felt the surge of a major use of power right there in the truck.

No way any mere succubus was capable of that much power.

And Jenny was so weak in magic that she was not a consideration.

That left David. Prissy followed and studied the flow of power. No... It wasn't possible even for HER to pull off without help. David was remaking Jenny's body on an atomic level. Prissy sat back and sweated as she thought fast and furiously. What had she done? David should not have been able to anything approaching this level. Her enhancement of him was not this extensive. Prissy probed with all the care of a man juggling nitroglycerine.

There, that was where the extra power had come from, but whom? Suddenly she recognized the taste and feel of the power.

The cave dwellers. It had to be! But there was something else... Prissy followed the skeins of power deeper. Oh shit. Seth had added his own major boost of power shortly after she had. And then the cave dwellers had decided to have their bit of fun and jacked up his potential way the hell out of sight. The power flow ebbed and stopped. Jenny looked down at herself. "What's happened to me?" She shrieked. "You have just been adjusted so that you can survive here with us. You can now eat the same food and drink the same water and live." David told her. Jenny trembled in reaction to her shock. 'Lyssa turned and saw the change in Jenny.

"Don't worry," 'Lyssa told Jenny. "Our David will take care of everything." 'Lyssa couldn't say where her certainty came from. She wasn't sure at all about her feelings lately. David had gone from potential prey, to useful companion, to true friend, to... to... She didn11 know what to call him. Prissy, she thought of as a kind of kid sister. And she was fond of her. But David was something more. And it scared 'Lyssa to her bones. 'Lyssa put her arm around Jenny and comforted her. Prissy looked up in the mirror and met David's eyes again. And this time, SHE was the first to look away. Prissy felt a small shiver of fear. What had she loosed among the realms with her practical joke?

'Lyssa directed David to a road that took them to a large and well-kept estate. David thought it would have looked at home in Victorian England. Or Hollywood.