Davy's On The Road Again Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thank you. Thank you. It's nice to be here at this great event. I thank all of you for your efforts. As a person who knows first-hand of the importance of food pantries, your efforts make our world a better, friendlier place. Now, some years back, I wrote a song with my dear friends Steve Goodman - rest in peace, Stevie! and Jimmy Buffett. Now, I understand that Jimmy is in the house and maybe I can cajole him to join us on the stage. Jimmy, you big ham! Get your ass up here!"

From the center of the house, I heard, "Hold your water, Harper, I'm coming!" and Jimmy trotted up to the stage. I waved to Amy to come out and she walked onto the stage with Steve Martin wearing his banjo to great applause. Jimmy and I hugged.

"You count it off, Davy."

"No, you do it."

"Let's shoot for it." This was an old routine we used to do. "Once, twice, three, shoot!" and we jumped into "Stretching Out." Mark took a killer lead and by the end of the song, we had everyone singing along. Jimmy turned to the band and brought them out to a cold stop. The crowd went wild. Jimmy turned and kissed me on the lips. Waving to the room, he left the stage to continued rhythmic clapping.

I dramatically wiped my lips and said, "Eccch. He gave me tongue! Feh!" Laughter followed. "So a few weeks ago, I was up in Aspen where I met the love of my life. Please help me thank Amy Bieler." I pointed toward Amy and the crowd responded. "So anyway, I was at the Woody Creek Tavern singing for my supper and I wrote this one. Hope you like it."

We began "In The Key Of Me" to Mark's lilting Cajun waltz arrangement. Steve's banjo picked clean fills that were just out of this world. Amy and I sang together in tight harmony and when Mark took an extended break, we began to dance. As the last chord tinkled somewhere above our heads, I waved to the crowd and walked off. The applause was deafening and would not stop. We all returned to the stage. Stagehands brought out a keyboard and some mics.

Mark took the mic. "Folks, we intended to perform this song as a group encore but we took a vote before the show and decided that we all loved it so much, we had to do it now. Now, let me give you a little background. Yesterday, while my wife, Debby, and I were over at Davy and Amy's, Davy told me that he had just written a song. He played it for the first time and now we'd like to share it with you."

I stood center stage and looked behind me. Cooder was on guitar, Parks on keys, Martin on banjo, Hillman on mandolin, Jimenez on the squeezebox. Singers spread out in an arc around us: Crosby, Nash, Dylan (his appearance brought whoops and shrieks), Coolio, Ronstadt and James framed Amy with their arms draped around each other, Browne, Dre, Dogg, Elfman, Thicke, Lukather, Zappa, Begley and Bridges. Wow! I turned to the audience and mouthed out "wow" with my eyes popping out. Mark looked over at me and I kicked off "Bread Basket." The song sounded better than I'd ever imagined with Cooder's slide crying out. Mark and Sid Page took a duet and at one point played on the 'Turkey In The Straw' theme, Martin and Hillman stepped forward and now it was a howdown with the audience clapping to the beat. Parks jumped in with a ragtime piano riff and it was back to me. As we came to the last line, I held up my fist and pointed "1". We sang it again and I pointed "2". We sang it a third time and I shook my fist to signal the end. The music stopped and we sang the last line a cappella with a ritard. It was the sound of angels, I swear. The room stood in a standing ovation and I bowed. I turned to the musicians and began to applaud them and they, in turn, applauded back. I lifted my guitar over my head and yelled, "Now let's raise some more money. Thank you!" and left the stage. I looked triumphant but I will take you that my body was shaking like a leaf and all the energy was drained out of me. A guitar tech took my guitar from me before I was surrounded in hugs.

"That's what it's about," said Dylan. Cooder slapped me five and I told him that I nearly cried hearing his lines, and I meant it. Amy wrapped her arms around my neck and whispered in my ear, "I think I peed myself!" I whispered back, "Me, too!" As the stage was being set for Coolio, Dre and Dogg, we were ushered back into the Green Room.

"I think we got us a show," exclaimed Etta and everyone clapped. I hushed them and said, "Listen, you guys, in my wildest dreams, I could never imagine all of you singing that song, let alone singing with me. If I never play another note again, I will have those we left on that stage with me. I can't believe that a simple song I wrote in five minutes would touch you like this." Tears were rolling down my cheeks. "How do I thank you? If that song can fill some child's, some families', someone's stomach, then I have served my purpose. Thanks to you, I will never forget this. And thank you Mark for making this happen." I hugged him and would not let him go.

Begley shook my hand and told me that I stopped the show and that we would break records raising money tonight. But he wasn't through with me.

"I understand you just bought a big gas-guzzling four-wheeled boat. Considering the environmental problems that exist today, do you think this was a wise move?"

"Ed, I've been waiting for some flack. What I can tell you is that the bus was custom designed by Bran Ferrin. Right now, my dog is inside it with solar-powered air conditioning. Even the disposal units are sealed composters. It has a chassis lined with the Tesla system of lithium batteries...more?"

Ed smiled and said, "I know the bus. I met with Bran and Elon during the R&D phase. I'm impressed. I apologize for coming down on you."

"No apology necessary. I admire you for it and I expect to explain it many times to come."

"I wonder if I can take a look at it? Where is it parked?"

"Just up the road in a trailer park in Malibu. Maybe after the party..."

"Excellent, Davy. Thank you. We'll talk later, okay?"

"It's a deal, Ed."

"Now, I need some water. Amy?"

I turned to see Amy and Debby surrounded by a clutch of stars. I took her hand. Linda Ronstadt was admiring her turquoise brooch. "Excuse me but may I interrupt The Oprah Show for a moment?"

"Oh, fuck Oprah," said Etta. "Leave the sisters alone. We're talking now!"

"Okay, okay. I'm backing up slowly. Don't shoot! Amy, want some water?" She nodded smiling broadly. I knew she was enjoying herself." I turned to get them as a waiter approached and handed me two bottles. I handed one to Amy and walked over to an empty couch. Flopping down on it, Crosby pushed me to the side and made a lot of room for his bulk.

"So, Davy? Want to go out on tour and make a few bucks? Graham and I are thinking about doing a couple of festivals and benefits this summer. We want to turn it into a complete show with Jax, you, Chris and who knows? Only classy venues. Interested?"

"Sure I'm interested. What about getting a sponsor and a cause? How about filming it?"

"Whoa, slow down, Mister Music, slow down. Hey Graham, you should hear this rap!"

Nash came over, "What's it about?"

"He's in but he's ready to bring in the guns. Why don't we hook up in the next few days and talk about this."

"Still sailing?" I asked.

"It can be arranged. It can be arranged."

The show went on for a few hours. Crosby, Browne and Nash were the last to sing before Dylan, Cooder, Parks and Keltner hit the stage. I sat in the wings and watched. Dylan was in a wonderful mood and the music was like watching Picasso paint a masterpiece. Dylan called for all the performers and as we filled the stage, he spoke to the audience for the first time.

"A long time ago, I wrote this song. I haven't done it in a long time but I believe in what we're doing tonight. I believe this is how we lucky ones make a difference. I believe that the times, they are a-changing.

"Come gather 'round people, wherever you roam,

And admit that the waters around you have grown,

And accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone,

If your time to you is worth savin',

Then you better start swimmin' or you'll sink like a stone,

For the times they are a-changin'."

I held Amy's hand and we harmonized. Ronstadt's voice soared above us. The audience became another element of the performance as Bob led us all. Truly magical is the only way to describe it.

"The line it is drawn, the curse it is cast,

The slow one now will later be fast,

As the present now will later be past,

The order is rapidly fadin'

And the first one now will later be last

For the times they are a-changin'."

The show was over and it was a great success. Governor Schwarzenegger took the stage to announce that over $5,000,000 was raised and several food chains and conglomerates were offering to make regular deliveries of donated food to the pantries all over the state of California. Exhilaration swept through the hall and waves of applause and cheers erupted.

The party was nice, too. Although I'd been to many celebrity parties, this one was something else again. Rubbing shoulders with Jack Nicholson and Angelina Jolie was a new thing. When Johnny Depp, Keith Richards and David Geffen congratulated me, I thought I'd totally plotz. I told Amy I'd never wash my hand. Depp grabbed a waiter and passed out glasses of champagne. "To Hunter!" and we toasted his memory. A photo of that moment showed up in Vanity Fair a couple of months later. I framed it.

I found it amazing that so many of these celebrities asked me to autograph their programs. I don't recall ever writing so many. I felt funny about it.

I saw Amy being cornered by George Clooney and I walked over. "I'm sorry but she's taken." He smiled and said that yes, he knew. He was just asking Amy if she could introduce us.

"I have a film coming up later this year and I was wondering if we could meet to talk about it. I'd like you to play a part and contribute to the score. Interested?"

The night went on like this. Buffett pulled me aside and asked if we could meet privately to discuss some ideas as to dealing with my business matters. "Tomorrow good? I want to see your new bus that Begley just told me about."

At around midnight, I was very, very weary and I gave Amy a look. She understood and nodded and we began to make our way out. As the Bentley pulled up and I made sure my guitar was in the back seat, Ed saw us and asked if he could follow is as it was on his way home. Mark and Debby were right behind him. I told him we were leaving and thanked him again. He suggested they join us for a nightcap. In our beautiful car, we led a small parade back to the bus.

I let Santo out and he jumped around as giddy as the rest of us. Amy turned on the interior and popped open some bottles. Others were there, too and we had a little party. Linda said she'd never seen such a cool ride. Buffett wanted one for his next tour. Begley was like a kid in a candy store. Graydon Carter suggested that he'd like to do a story about us with photos by Annie Liebovitz. How do you say no to that? In short order, we'd emptied our stock of Moet and about an hour later, we were finally alone.

"I feel like Sleeping Beauty without the pumpkins," said Amy. "I think we scored big time tonight, my superstar."

"Easy girl, easy. Remember that we're in La La Land, where more dreams are broken than made. There's a lot of talk in this town that comes to naught. So, please, enjoy the moment. Tomorrow might be a whole new story."

"I know, Davy. I'm just loving the moment. It was the most exciting night of my life and I want to wallow in it for a while. Don't be a killjoy!"

I smiled and leaned down to nuzzle Santo. "Santo, what do you think? You're my superstar." I was rewarded with a face full of sloppy dog kisses. "Hey," yelled Amy, "I'm sorry but he's taken!"

Amy and I crawled into bed and replayed the events that had just played out. I completely crashed once I hit that bed and that night I slept hard. And very happy.

The phone woke Amy in the morning. After the third call, she asked me if I was ever getting up. "Jimmy called and said he'd be over at one. He said he was bringing Peter Berrick of Warners with him. Debby called and said dinner is at seven and to bring your guitar. Clooney called and asked if we could meet for lunch tomorrow at Stephan's On Montana, one o'clock."

The phone rang again and I took it. It was Begley asking if we were decent. He said he was out riding his bike and wanted to stop by to use our john. "Sure, Ed. See you in a few. Hey, what time is it?"

"It's 9:15, Davy. Tie to get up and take on the world! See ya' soon."

I turned to Amy and thought aloud, "I didn't think anybody rises before noon in this town, especially on Sunday!"

Amy poured me coffee, "By the way, I'm meeting Linda on Tuesday. We're going shopping. She's taking me to some of her favorite stores. I think we're BFFs."

A few minutes later, Ed pulled up on his ten-speed. "Good morning! Great night last night, wasn't it? You killed!"

"Thanks, Ed. Coffee?"

"Unless it's organic, no thanks."

"Sit. Here's the manual for the bus. It's very complete and very informative."

"Cool." He started pouring through and commenting upon the features. After a few minutes, he asked if he could borrow it and return it later. "You'll be around for a few days, right? I want to absorb this and talk to Bran and Elon. Maybe I can tweak the systems a little for you."

"Sure, take it. If I need an answer to something, I'll call you but since we'll just be sitting here admiring the view, I doubt I'll need it."

"Thanks. I better get going or my wife will have my ass. Later, Davy, and thanks again."

I watched Ed zip off north. The phone rang again. It was Sally calling. Amy filled her in on the events of last night and suddenly Amy screamed. "Davy, Sally says to check out YouTube right now!"

I pulled up YouTube and there on the home page under "New" were clips from last night's show. I clicked on it and couldn't believe my eyes. There were almost a dozen clips of performances as well as clips from the after-party. I clicked on a picture of me standing at the mic at watched all four songs. Obviously, it was filmed from one of the front rows and the sound quality was decent. As I watched "Bread Basket", tears filled my eyes again. Amy was literally jumping up and down and pointing out people to Sally. I just shook my head, amazed and shocked.

"You gotta love the Internet," I said. "God damn, do you look good, baby!" I turned away from the computer and leashed Santo. "Come on, little buddy, let's get some air."

We walked along the beach and my mind was racing. What impact would these videos have on the charity? On me? I didn't know where this road would lead but I was enjoying the ride. I had no idea how this might end, but the journey was exciting and entertaining. Hell, I was having fun!

When we returned, Amy was off the phone and watching the videos. "Davy, come here, you have to see this!" It was a clip of the after-party and there I was toasting to the memory of Hunter Thompson with 'the boys.' There I was again signing autographs for Jennifer Aniston and Samuel L. Jackson. There was Amy, Linda and Halle Berry chatting with Jack Nicholson and Brad Pitt. Jack's eyes were locked on Amy's chest but I felt no twinge of jealousy.

"I'm taking a shower, A, care to join me?"

We locked up the bus and I pressed the button drawing the shades. We got into the shower and washed off. Amy soaped my penis and got it good and hard. "Oh, that's how you want to play, huh?" I lifted her up and she wrapped her legs around my hips. I pushed her back against the wall and we started our fuck dance. Sliding in and out of her and bouncing her on my dick was too much fun. We were giggling and kissing and giggling and kissing. She told me she wanted to get out and dry off so still mounted on me, I turned off the shower and we squeezed out the door. She grabbed a towel and dried us off as I bounced her around. I was not making the towel drying easy for her. Still a bit damp, I carried her out to the bedroom and placed her onto the bed.

"Fuck my ass, Davy. I want your cum in my ass." I flipped her over onto all fours and standing by the side of the bed, I pushed my boner into her bed. Her sphincter squeezed and sucked me in. She leaned over to the night table and pulled out her rabbit. As I fucked her sweet butt, I felt the vibrations on my sac. Our fucking became fast and furious. She cried out that it felt so good. I was panting hard. I closed my eyes and we were fucking in space again, somewhere high in the clouds. The rabbit was doing it's thing on her as she furiously rubbed it along her vulva and she was emitting her familiar fuck-growl. "Ah, ah, ah." Her voice moved up a register with each sound. I felt her arch and push back against as her orgasm rose. As she peaked, I was as deep into her bowels as I might ever go and let loose my ropes of seminal fluid. We were cumming together and my mind was out in space. Finally, with no more cum to squeeze out, we collapsed on the bed.

"Oh how I love the you we make love," she said gasping for air. We lay a few minutes until a slipped out of her and rolled to the side.

"Tell me, my love, what were you thinking about? What was going through your mind?" Here soft beautiful eyes gazed at me.

"When we make love, darling, my mind goes back to that day in your secret cabin and I'm out somewhere in the sky floating in the clouds. Honest, that's where my mind goes."

"Maybe you won't believe this but I'm visualizing the same thing. I'm soaring with the hawks, I swear. It's amazing that we are both in the same place."

"Is it? That experience in the cabin was maybe the best, most loving experience I've ever known. Why should my brain lock into that moment again."

"Did I tell you how much I love you today...and yesterday...and tomorrow?"

"I don't know, did you?"

I rolled away from her and began to kiss her butt cheeks. I licked all around her ass and began to clean my seed from her hole. She moaned and said that she was going back into space. I softly caressed her ass and lapped away. She rolled her butt around my face and I began to soar with her. I rolled her over and with my hands and my tongue, I opened her pussy to me and buried my face into her. She grabbed my hair and rode the wave. I rubbed my nose around her clit which was now hard and flicking against me. My hands reached up to tug at her nipples as she cried out, "yes...yes..."

Her fingers held her lips apart as her sweet honey soaked my face. She raised her knees up and squeezed my head. I felt her juices flow and drank them in. Suddenly, she arched again and her toes curled. Her pussy was squirting and I didn't want to miss a drop. Finally, she pulled me away and pulled me onto her. Rolling over on top of me, she covered my face in a million kisses.

We lay quietly as we gazed into each other's eyes. She had that dewy-eyed post-cum look. She licked her lips and smiled at me, "You know, my pussy has never tasted so good." I had to agree.

It was nearly eleven now and time to get on with the day. I cleaned the galley and vacuumed the bus as Amy put up a wash and made the bed. Dressed in shorts and tees, we looked like twins and to a certain extent, we felt like twins, too. Two kindred souls.

The phone rang off the hook with people calling to congratulate me and sharing images of the previous night. My email folder was thick with posts. There were so many that it would be a daunting task to go through all of them. But I was in no rush, I would get to it. The phone rang again and it was Jimmy asking if we were still on. He said that Berrick was still coming with him but it would be an off-the-record meeting as Berrick would have to consult with lawyers before he could commit to anything. Jimmy also said that he'd bring lunch and perhaps someone else, if that was okay.