Davy's On The Road Again Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Damn, I nearly forgot this moment. As Amy and I moved from table to table, I was stopped cold. Sitting at the table next to Bob was my very dear old friend, Allen Toussaint. I had no idea he was there, let alone even knew about the wedding.

"Allen!" I held my face in my hands. "Amy, meet one of my oldest and dearest friends, Allen Toussaint!"

"Amy, very pleased to meet you, my dear. You are a truly beautiful bride and, I understand, the perfect partner to this good man. I saw Mark in New Orleans and he told me about this happy occasion. When I went back up to New York, I bumped into Danny and he told me about it, too. He asked me to come and surprise you and as long as I was on my way west to record, I took a little detour and I am pleasantly happy I did. I got here just as you were walking down the aisle. Your bride is simply ravishing, Davy. You have done well for yourself. Bob and I were just talking about the "Breadbasket" tour. I'll be one the bill in New York, Washington, New Orleans and St. Louis and I can't wait for us to play together again. This is a real thrill. Thank you for having me."

"Allen, can I sing with your backup band? That's like a dream for me."

"Can you? Please. Davy, it will be like old times. How wonderful!"

Shadow approached the table. "Is there someone here as old as me? Allen, how are you, my friend?"

"George Morton, you old devil. Bob was telling me that you produced a track today and it was a good old fashioned Shadow Morton production. I must hear it!"

I excused myself and ran over to Jamie who'd brought a few more copies. He asked me if it was rude to ask for autographs and I told him not at all, everyone was doing it, even the big stars. In fact, Angie and Andy took it upon themselves to go around the room and collect the signatures of every guest into two books, one for them and one for us. Someone asked Andy if he even knew who the autographs represented and Andy responded, "If you're friends of my Grampa Davy, you must be okay." What a kid.

I returned to the table and handed Allen a CD. I also told him that I would ask Danny to send him some of the other new stuff. I love that man and could have sat there for hours but Amy pulled me away to move around the room. Wow! And I nearly forgot to tell you about that!

Everyone mingles. Carla and George chatted up a storm. Emma and Linda were laughing. Chuck and Allen were doing the same. It was one helluva great scene. During the night, people went out to the lobby to be interviewed by E.T. Graydon told me that the party pictures would be in the next Vanity Fair in the Fairground section and that he scheduled the profile for the July edition.

Throughout the night, different people got up to sing a song. For my money, when Linda brought Amy up and they harmonized on "Blue Bayou", that was the highlight of the night. They truly brought down the house. Another highlight was when Mark, Jackson, David and I played "Soggy Mountain Boys" to George on "Man of Constant Sorrow." That was killer, especially when we did that hokey country dance with our elbows out. I also loved it when David and Graham led everyone in "Music Is Love"

Everybody's saying music is love,
Everybody's saying it's you know it is, mmm
Everyone, yes everyone,
Everyone's saying music, music is love.

Put on your colors and run come see,
Everybody says that music's for free,
Take off your clothes and lie in the sun,
Everybody says that music's for fun, yeah."

Allen came up and played "In Your Love" which had every musician in the room drooling. The crowd demanded another one and he played a soulful version of "All These Things". You could hear the hum of singers around the room. Jackson and Linda did an awesome version of "Rock Me On The Water' and Jimmy killed everyone with "Volcano" that started a conga line around the room while he vamped. Seeing Bob Dylan on a conga line is truly worth the price of admission.

"I don't know,
I don't know,
I don't know where I'm a-gonna go,
When the Volcano blows."

After the song, Jimmy came over to tell me that he'd picked up a vibe from our dear lamented friend, Steve Goodman. He said he could feel Steve smiling and cracking wise in Heaven. I liked the image and could see him sitting next to my bubbie, both looking down with satisfaction.

Toward the end of the night, they dragged me up to the stage and I sang "In The Key Of Me" changing some of the lyrics as I went along.

"If I am circling with the eagles high up in the air,
I know I'm there,
If I'm in the tub with Amy, all naked and bare,
I know I'm there,
If I'm at George's Woody Creek Tavern eating fish tacos, medium rare,
I know I'm there,
There must be something in Sally's water, I think you'll agree,
Something that makes Emma and Carla so happy and free,
And that something is In The Key of Me."

After the song, I thanked everyone for finding the time to come to our quickie wedding and I hoped they had a great time. If they needed a place to hide out, they were always welcome in our home. I told them that soon we'd be on the road, doing our thing to help put food in the mouths of those in need, that we'd be doing God's work with the gifts that God gave us. Plus we were going to have fun. I knew that many people would be flying out in the morning and I wished them a safe flight.

And Santo? Santo wandered around the room accepting tid-bits from everyone. He sat with Graydon and Bob and let them pet him. He let Andy take him for a walk. In fact, he went for several walks as different groups went out for some, shall we say, air. Finally, he fell asleep under our table as Amy and I tickled him with our toes.

A question came up as to whether Amy should toss her bouquet. It was decided that she should but in order not to embarrass the few single women present, she tossed it to Angie. Naturally, Angie was overjoyed.

George and Sarah came over and insisted that when the tour was over, we meet them at his castle on Lake Como. It was truly a great offer and I assured him that we would. He made us both promise. And, you know what, we'll take him up on it!

I wish that I could describe more of our wedding to you but much of it is so vague. What I remember is happy people and happy faces. Especially on Amy and me.

The party ended at about 2:30 and it was another hour before we returned home. I carried her over the threshold. When we finally crawled into our bed. We wrapped around each other and tenderly kissed.

"You were the most beautiful bride I've ever seen. You were a portrait. My favorite part of you tonight were your lips. When I first saw you open the bedroom door and I saw your lips so full and red, I wanted to worship you right then and there. When we said our "I do's" and I saw your lips mouth those words, I wanted to squeeze you so hard. When I saw you looking at me during Stevie's toast, your lips looked as though they were spotlit. It was your lips that overwhelmed me tonight. I love you, Amy, and I will love you forever and ever and ever and after that."

We tenderly kissed again. "For me, it was your open collar. You looked so masculine to me...you looked like you wanted to throw me over your shoulder like a caveman and carry me away. You know, I've never told you this but on that first day we met. when I drove up to the house and I saw you getting stuff out of your RV, you had me before you ever said a word. You looked like one of your album covers. You know the one where you're standing on a corner in New York City and people are moving around you, and they're all out of focus and blurry...except you? You have your guitar slung over your back and your hands in your pockets and it's like the whole world is hurrying somewhere but you're right where you're supposed to be. That's what went through my head as I got out of the car. The next day, Sally asked me how I liked you and I told her that I had a feeling that one day I would be Mrs. Harper. And now I am. I've never felt more rock solid in my life and I love being Mrs. Harper. And I love you."

We kissed ever so lovingly. We touched and caressed each other like one touches silk. Her breasts pushed against my chest and her nipples were on fire, all hard and erect. She swung her leg over my hip and I slipped inside her. As we slowly rocked, we kissed and murmured little "I love you" nibbles on each others ears. Our sex was slow, caring and deeply intimate. It was as though we were floating on a waterbed and we were rocking in sync. My arm was around her and I pulled her even closer to me so our hearts could beat together. I was lost in her and completely unconcerned about her flesh on mine. We were into each other's minds and there we made ferocious love. When my penis began to spurt inside of her, it took us both by surprise. What surprised me even more was that I didn't soften, My erection seemed glued with in her as if she willed it. We stayed rocking slowly and continues like this for a long time as our tongues waltzed. I felt her labia flutter and she gripped me tightly. Her breasts rose and fell, her nipples burning holes into me. Her breathing quickened and her tongue whipped around mine. Her labia fluttered again and she pushed her vagina down onto my stomach. Her tush humped me a few times and then her juices bathed me and dripped down my balls. She continued to flood me as though a dam was opened. The room filled with the scent of her as we clung to each other.

"That was magical sex, my love. That was pure love sex."

"Oh, honey, it certainly was. We are very plugged in. You came and didn't get soft, I came and flooded the bed and I don't think we ever moved more that an inch. Our brains came...our bodies were just there. I think we just took each other's 'mental cherry.'"

"Yes, you're right. I think that's what happened. I can't believe how many different ways we can experience the same act and make it new again."

"Isn't it amazing? And you're still hard!"

"But I don't want you to move. I think if we go to sleep, we'll make love in our dreams and cum all night long."

"Yes, all night long forever."

We both yawned together and closing our eyes, fell blissfully asleep, as happy as newlyweds can be. As I predicted, our dreams made love. I know this to be true because at some point deep in the night, I dreamed I was coming. I awoke to find that I'd just cum all over her vagina. She giggled when she saw my eyes flutter open.

"We both came in our dreams, just like you predicted. It was wonderful, sort of, but I wish I was there."

"I know what you mean. I dreamed I was cumming and when I awoke to discover that I had, I kind of felt gypped. Still, that was about as wet a wet dream as you can have."

"What were we doing in your dream?"

"We weren't doing anything. I was dreaming of your red, red, oh-so-red, lips."

"I like that. But right now, I feel so sticky...crazy glue sticky."

"Than let me bathe you, my love." I crawled down to her sticky stomach and licked our cum off. I did not miss a spot. I cleaned out her navel. I cleaned her thighs and the insides along her puss. Then I cleaned her puss and swallowed globs of my cum. She began to flow again and tremble ever so subtly. I sucked her vagina into my mouth from her clit down to her hole. My reward was her musk filling my nostrils and her nectar pouring down my throat.

I crawled my way back to kiss her and again we hugged each other. She nestled into my chest and soon we were once more asleep. We slept a deep and comforting sleep. We slept late into the morning. The house was unusually quiet and I crept out to see where everyone was. There was a note on the kitchen table that said that Stevie and Sally had picked everyone up to take them on a tour so we could enjoy our honeymoon. It said that they would be back later in the afternoon and that we should enjoy ourselves. Even Santo was gone. How nice of them to do that. I made some coffee and brought in a tray with warm croissants and jam and placed it on the bed. I put the note on the tray for Amy to read. I went and got my Martin.

"My love, I woke up with this in my head. I'm calling it "Our Private Road".

"We travel on our private road,
We share our personal private code,
We pass this way and then we're gone,
No one travels the road we're on.

No traffic runs on our freeway,
It's ours to run, no tolls to pay,
We pass this way and then we're gone,
No one travels the road we're on.

We just go our way off the beaten track,
I'm there for you and you've got my back,
Just matters who we are and that we sync,
That's just who we are and it's how we think.

It's our path, this one we make
With our love, we give and take
It's true and pure, it will not shake
I trust in you and that will never break.

We travel on our private road,
We share our personal private code,
We pass this way and then we're gone,
No one travels the road we're on."

"Oh. Davy. I just love it. That is so pretty...and you sang it so nicely...so sweet."

"Do you think it needs something more? I kind of feel that there's something missing."

"No, hon. I think it's perfect just the way it is. I just love it like that. It says who we are. Sing some more to me...serenade me."

"Okay. Here's a real obscure Dylan song. It's called "To Make You Feel My Love."

"When the rain is blowing in your face,
And the whole world is on your case,
I could offer you a warm embrace,
To make you feel my love...

...I'd go hungry, I'd go blind for you,
I'd go crawling down the avenue,
There is nothing that I wouldn't do,
To make you feel my love...

...I could make you happy,
Make your dreams come true,
There is nothing that I wouldn't do,
Go to the ends of the earth for you,
To make you feel my love,
To make you feel my love,
To make you feel my love."

"Oh, my. Whew!" She fanned herself. "That song is a killer. I would love to sing that one. Will you get me the words? I mean it, Davy. You just knocked me out with that one. Oh that Bob. That's a killer!"

"Yeah. It certainly is. I'd love to hear you sing it. We'll have to work it up. Here, how 'bout this one...it's an old Al Kooper song."

"If I ever leave you,
You can say I told you so,
And if I ever hurt you babe,
You know I hurt myself as well.

Is that any way for a man to carry on,
Do you think he wants his little loved one gone?
I love you, Baby, more than you'll ever know,
More than you'll ever know...

...I'm not trying to be just any kind of man
I'm trying to be somebody you can love, trust, and understand
I know that I can be, a part of you that no one else could see
I just gotta hear, to hear you say
It's all right! yeah, yeah, yeah!

I'm only flesh and blood,
But I can be anything that you demand,
I could be president of General Motors, baby,
or just a tiny grain of sand...

...Is that any way for a man to carry on,
Do you think he wants his little loved one gone?
I love you, Baby, more than you'll ever know,
More than you'll ever know.
If you don't know, then I'll tell you one more time
I love you!
I love you!
I love you so much more than you'll ever know."

"Oh, Davy, you did it to me again. That song is the absolute IT! Whew!"

"I got a million of 'em, baby."

"Well save them up and sing me one every day. But right now, you have me soaking wet and I have to jump your bones, now put that guitar down and take this tray off the bed and get over here, my husband!"

Jump my bones she did indeed. She was ferocious. And she made me laugh, too. As she bounced on me, she sang the Dylan song. As she blew me, she hummed it.
We lay together happy as larks. We talked about the party and tried to recall the details. Between the two of us, we were able to piece together a somewhat linear scenario. I'm sure that when Annie sends us the pictures, much more will come back to us. And speaking of that, who has Annie Liebovitz do their wedding album?

"Davy, you have to turn me on to Allen Toussaint. He was very sweet last night...a very classy gentleman and it seemed to me that everyone was in awe of him."

"Yup. Allen is a consummate artist and producer. So many songs..." I rattled off a bunch. "I covered one of his songs on my second album..."A Certain Girl"..."There's a certain girl I've been in love with for a long long time (What's her name?) I can't tell you! (Awww!)."

"Oh, sure, I remember."

I drank my coffee and we nibbled on the croissants. We showered together and were dressed just before our family returned with Santo in the lead wagging his tail.

"Dad, that Sally is a pistol!"

"She's everything you described, Amy," said Deb.

"Did you all have fun?"

"Yes we did. And Angie and Andy even saw an elk!"

Surprisingly, no one asked us if we'd had fun but Mark and Deb gave us a knowing look. Sally gave me an elbow in the ribs. I gave them both the thumbs up.

"Most everyone has gone but we bumped into a few stragglers in town and they might come by. Elon and Susan...Laura...Jimmy, Chuck and Bob...Danny and Kathy..."

We sat around talking about the affair and listened as they recalled things that had gone right by us. Carla was thrilled to see Shadow again. She has a special place in her heart for Shadow as it was he who helped to get her into Betty Ford. Emma couldn't believe that George and I are BFF. The phone rang several times. It was our friends asking if they could come by. Soon the house was again filled with warmth.

"Mark, Davy wrote a beauty this morning. You must hear it. Play it for him, Davy."

Mark got out his violin, Stevie got his autoharp and I played "Our Private Road" which brought wistful smiles to everyone. I went to Amy's computer and found the lyrics to Bob's song. We worked up an arrangement and Amy sang it a million times better than I ever could. Bob was very pleased. He'd really liked Amy's "Talk Dirty To Me" and was honored that she would add his song to her repertoire. Amy told him that when I sang to her, she was totally blown away. For a couple of hours, we had a little hootenanny going on as my guitar and my uke passed from hand to hand.

Amy suggested that we go down to the hotel for dinner and called over to see if they could handle us. Instead, they insisted on coming up to the house to bring dinner to the boss. About an hour later, a couple of trucks pulled up with smokers and grills and we had a mighty fine dinner served up out in the backyard.

At one point, I asked Amy if Bob and I could disappear for a few minutes and she was okay with that. Bob and I hopped into the Escape and I drove him up to the secret house.

"Bob, I took you up here to show you this place. I have a dream that one day, you and I might come up here and write some stuff together."

"Davy, this is one of the most beautiful places on the planet...bar none. Maybe between tour stops, we can sneak away."

We stood on the deck and watched the afternoon fade. Bob looked at me and said, "When the afternoon is aging and the clouds are filigree, there's a good woman waiting on a mountaintop for me."

I looked at him and said, "She's my rock upon a pile of rocks, she's as solid as a tree, she's a mighty fine woman and she's waiting there for me."

We laughed and slapped each other's backs. "We can do this."

We drove back down the mountain and were in the backyard before anyone even noticed we were gone. Danny and I had the opportunity to talk business for a few minutes. Danny told me that my ex had become somewhat goofy in the last few days. She even threatened to fly in and make a scene but both Emma and Carla put a stop to her bullshit. Danny said he's tried to reason with her but that she was too busy hurling obscenities at him to listen. I found this very odd. I mean, she'd abandoned me and literally destroyed me in the divorce. What could possibly make her think I would care about her at all or that I would give her more money? I chalked it up to fucking hormones and bad genes. Whatever. At around ten, we gave our friends their final kisses and saw them off. I sat around for a few minutes with Jack and Mark and when I entered our bedroom, Amy was out cold, truly dead to the world and even lightly snoring. When I snuggled up next to her, she didn't budge.