Dawn's Shadow

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Together, they stood arm in arm and watched the sky grow light. Chris smiled up at Dane and rested her head on his chest. It was dawn now, the first day of a new year and the beginning of the first day of the rest of their lives. A life they shared as one. "Let's go home." Laughing, Dane scooped up his bride and carried her in his arms to their waiting bed.

Epilogue

Candace nodded at Marcus and Neil. This was the place. Although, the night was a blur, she remembered it well. Screams, terror, and blood, and then running, the endless running; running away from this place and running to another, now they had come full circle and were running back to where it had all started.

The bonfire turned the sky high above them a brilliant orange. Laughter from the bluffs above drifted down to them on pungent currents of wood smoke. She was tired of simply existing, scrounging around for shelter, always lurking in the dark shadows, and hiding in fear. She was tired of killing and of death. She wanted to live again, to truly be alive. Like she was before, before the bad thing happened.

One day they were human, living ordinary lives, the next day they weren't. Having been given this cheap facsimile as a replacement. Fearful the Sons would eventually come for them and hunt them down. They had decided to turn themselves in. Throwing themselves at the mercy of strangers seemed to be the only alternative they had left. At least, it would put an end to the constant running, one way or another.