Day of the Puma

Story Info
The 3rd BCT faces an overwhelming odds.
5.9k words
4.73
7.8k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TRIAX
TRIAX
34 Followers

Eastern Ar'Raq

3rd Battalion Combat Team

Major Abner Espinosa Commanding

Abner Espinosa a major of the Rim-Cats Regiment and commanding officer of the 2nd BCT entered his command post. There 1st Lieutenant Jiro Kurosawa was waiting for him.

"Major," the intelligence officer saluted.

"What you got for me?"

The 2nd BCT commander returned his salute and took the printed out letter which was handed by the intelligence officer.

"I see we got orders," he said scanning through the letter

To: Major Abner Espinosa Commanding Officer of 3rd BCT

From: Rim-Cats H.Q.

There are new developments that have come upon the government of Parthia. To support the insurgency within Ar'Raq, three (3) mercenary regiments have been hired secretly to deal with the Rim-Cat dilemma. The Mercenary Forces is as noted along with their commanders and their Main Battle Tanks in use:

•Ahmed Abu-Bakar of the Dune Warriors (T-90/S Main Battle Tanks), an Arab Mercenary Regiment financed by sympathetic rich Arab families. Note: This regiment has been defeated in battle a few hours ago by Major Kalandro Digma and his 1st BCT.

•Ishmael Ammeni of the Immortals (Zulfigar Main Battle Tanks), Parthian Mercenary Regiment financed by Parthia to fight in support of their cause all over the world.

•Abdullah Sekhmet of the Scimitars (Ramses II Main Battle Tanks), Egyptian Mercenary Regiment is financed by other Arab nations in secret to assist the insurgency in Ar'Raq against the Rim-Cat Mobile Combat Regiment which is hired by the government of Ar'Raq.

Each Regiment is also supplemented by the following cavalry fighting armored vehicles:

•BTR-3

•BMD-3

•BMP-3

Also take note that each regiment also possessed self-propelled howitzers and rocket launcher systems (2S19 Msta 152mm Self-Propelled howitzers and 20 BM-27 Uragan 220mm Multiple-launched Rocket System). Their air support is provided by the Parthian Air Force. It is wise to prepare the Rim-Cat Regiment for this challenges since each of the above mentioned mercenary regiments possessed highly trained and experienced Arab and Parthians who have substantial experience in their respective military and in war. Further note, the peace talk is a sham and the Parthian Government is placing their mercenary regiments in place, buying time to unload their equipment, vehicles, and personnel. If these regiments are to be defeated, it will be a devastating financial blow for the government of Parthia and only then will they take such a peace talk seriously. Until such time, it is necessary to devise a strategy of defeating such respected mercenary regiments in the field of battle.'

Abdullah Sekhment and his Scimitars have been observed crossing the southern route from a mountainous region of the southeast. Your assignment is to engage and neutralize this regiment with your 2nd BCT. 6 PzH Self-Propelled Howitzers, 2 MARS medium-ranged rocket systems, 4 UAVs drones, 8 UCAS unmanned combat air system, and 2 MD 250 with 2 Bell 412 helicopters will assist you in this task. The method of executing this order is per your discretion, good luck and good hunting.

Colonel Marcus Dangal Commanding Officer Rim-Cat Regiment

Abner looked at the intelligence officer directly into his eyes, his piercing warrior gaze made the man uneasy.

"Exactly when did the Scimitars crossed into Ar'Raq?"

"An hour ago, the Scimitars crossed into Ar'Raq. Immediately Major Kenshiro Dima'uga sent me here after it was confirmed by the military defense force of Ar'Raq," the man replied.

"Have they made contact with the hostile mercenary units?"

"That, I don't know Major Espinosa."

Abner sighs and shook his head. The 2nd BCT commander knew that a confrontation between the military forces of Ar'Raq and the seasoned veterans of the Scimitars will conclude into a massacre. Thus if that occur, his job of halting their advance will be more difficult than what he would have thought.

"Dismiss then,'' he said to the intelligence officer.

Loss in thought with the new looming threat of danger, he was awaken from his reverie by a young beautiful woman entering his command post with a pitcher of ice tea and a pair of mugs.

"You seem upset my love?"

Hazier smiles and helped Fatima with his mug. Taking a hold of the pitcher, he poured some ice tea into her mug and did the same for his.

"No, just a bit concern Fatima," Abner replied to the girl.

She gently sat onto his lap and pressed her lips on abner's. He in turn probes her mouth with his tongue, tasting the sweet nectar of Fatima's.

"We're to be thrown into fire again," he said to her breaking the kiss to utter those words.

"I know. You are a warrior and a leader of this battalion Abner," she comforted him, "that burden on your shoulders have made you cold. But I am glad you're warm and loving to me."

Months ago she was a victim of his cruel practices as she was a saboteur sent by their enemies to cause harm to him and his 3rd BCT. Yet during her time with him, she never has experienced patience, attention, and love like he has given her. Fatima swore to be his and only his till her last breath. Nothing in the world will ever change her decision that her heart longs only for this man of war.

"But my concern is simple as usual we are outnumbered again. At the very lease the odds are 4 to 1 against our favor."

"Has it ever stopped you from figuring out how to come out of this with a victory? You always have a sharp mind,' she said to her lover, the one she longs to serve and please.

"All of us who are in the position of command share the same trait my love," he replied.

"Then find a solution to your problem my love. Your officers are capable men, they can advice you."

Abner Espinosa, major and commanding officer of the 3rd Battalion Combat Team, known as Hazier among his fellow Rim-Cat mercenary personnel, kissed her lips and drinks his ice tea.

"As usual Fatima, you have brewed another delicious batch of ice tea.

She embraces him as the two spend their time together In solitude.

***

Boxer Command APC Southeastern Sector of Ar'Raq

"Alright gentlemen this is our situation," Abner briefed his officers gathered within the command APC.

With the impending battle looming over them, as the commander of the 3rd BCT he have taken the terrain, numbers of his foes, his battalion's capabilities, and finally the support he will get from regimental headquarters.

"Against 90 Ramses II Main Battle Tanks will not be a walk in the park," he warned his tank commanders, "Those tanks are develop by American and Egyptian cooperation, they are fast and light. Though they are armed with smaller caliber main cannon, that does not mean to keep your guard down."

There was a pause among the gathered officers, the tank commanders eagerly read the report of their foes combat vehicles and what they will expect to see in the field. "Not to mention, this men are trained by western private companies. That would mean they will operate just like the western military armored forces," Abner added.

One of his tank officers looked up and away from the thick sheets of paper passed down to the rest of the officer staff.

"Major, why not force the battle on them?"

"That's an interesting idea. Instead of being on the defensive you want us to attack them?"

"Sir, they should be low on fuel and if I'm guessing this correctly. They will need to stop around here," the tank officer pointed at the map which everyone looked at.

"You're right on that. They do need to refuel," Abner replied, "If we can hit them while they are stopped and refueling, then we can even up the odds by knocking out as much armored vehicles as we can."

"Yes sir. That is good plan," the 3rd BCT's Executive Officer commented, "We will need a fast hitting armored units to do this though. The tanks don't have enough fuel for a round trip or they have any spaces for extra ammo and fuel."

"But the Pumas does have the cargo area for extra fuel and ammo," Abner replied thinking quickly.

"Yes the Pumas have that capacity, plus it carries an anti-tank missile launcher besides the main 30mm cannon."

"Get the Pumas stock up with anti-missiles, 30mm ammos, and extra fuel. We will be conducting a raid," Major Abner Espinoza known as Hazier among his peers concluded his tactic.

"Tankers, I am counting on you guys to back us up once we have achieved our objective. Infantry and APC commanders conduct a hit and run maneuver around the enemy. Once the Pumas are done with them, they will be utterly pissed that they will be chasing us with everything they got. Air-support personnel keep them off balance and deliver ground suppression mission against the enemy. Gentlemen, this will be one hell of a fight. Let's do this effectively and flawlessly so that our survivability increases."

The officers of his battalion stood up and exited the Command APC, as they walked off the ramp; they turned around and saluted their commanding officer.

"You can count on all of us Major."

Hazier returned their salute and nodded.

"I know gentlemen."

An hour before dusk, 22 Puma Cavalry Fighting Vehicles rolled off to the east. At first the combat vehicles stayed onto the main road, a few hours later the Pumas turned northward and off the road for 10 miles, and then they turned east again to finish their journey.

"Once we hit the 30 miles mark let us stop and re-fuel," Hazier told his Puma CFV commanders.

"Copy that major," the replies came into his communication system.

It did not take them long for their fast moving combat vehicles to reach the designated point for re-fueling. As the Puma CFVs stopped, the crews quickly unloaded their barrel of fuel from the back, rolled them off on the desert floor, stood them upward, and with the help of a muscle powered pump the crew members' quickly pumped fuel into their vehicles. Once the re-fueling is done each crew man quickly dispose the empty barrel and assumed their post within their combat vehicle.

"Alright gentlemen look alive. This is it," Abner Espinosa known to his peers as Hazier called out over the communication channel.

"Sir, commencing weapons check," his gunner informed him.

"Go ahead and commence."

The gunner flick on his switch, arming the 30mm cannon, then he commence loading the 30mm sabot rounds into the feed, and arming the anti-tank missiles.

"Weapons are checked and ready major."

Hazier nodded his approval and slaved the main 30mm cannon into his joystick, picking a large rock at a distance, he squeezed the trigger letting off a burst from the 30mm cannon. The sabot rounds found their mark and exploded, turning the rock into a pile of pebbles.

"Weapon check completed," Hazier told his crew.

Around his Command Puma CFV, his raider force of other Pumas opened fire a short burst at their own designated targets as they test the functionality of their primary weapon.

"Sir, all Pumas are primed and ready for combat," informed his Executive Officer.

"Good, we are 10 miles to target. Hit everything you can and destroy as much tanks that you can destroy. Then run like hell," he reminded his raider force of their mission objective.

"Air-support are airborne, 2 MD 530s armed with 7.62 Gatling Guns and 8 anti-tank missiles. 2 Bell 412 armed with a pair of .50 caliber gun pods and 8 anti-tank missiles, 6 assorted UAV ad UCAS combat drones armed with bombs and anti-tank missiles," his gunner informed him.

"Good, we will need all the help we can get after this. How are the infantry and the tanks?

"Major they are now getting into position. We should not have any trouble once we're done with this raid."

Hazier's console beeped and showed red marks on his screen indicating hostile combat vehicles. Quickly he switched his Puma's anti-tank missile to armed and ready to fire.

"Gentlemen, lock onto your targets and open fire," he ordered his Puma commanders, "Good hunting men."

From the missile housings located on the right side of the Puma's turret, a pair of anti-tank missiles streaked out and darted onto their targets. From 5 miles away, 2 Ramses II Main Battle Tanks still refueling was struck by anti-tank missiles. Immediately the tanks exploded causing a chain reaction as fuel and ammunition was consumed by fire. Nearby fueling trucks was caught in the inferno as they too exploded. Panic struck as the Scimitars started to maneuver their near empty tanks out of their vulnerable position. BDM-3s, BMD3, BRDM-2s, and even the BTR-3 APCs started to scour the area and determine who was responsible for this carnage.

"Lock your guns on their armored vehicles and commence firing!"

The Command Puma's 30mm cannon thundered to life as burst after burst of 30mm sabot rounds was spitted out to its target. The Scimitar's combat vehicles began to explode as the sabot rounds fired from a well aimed, well trained Puma CFV crew found their mark. Soon the desert sand began to be littered with burning chunks of metal and debris from the victim of Hazier's Puma Force.

"Load another pair of anti-tank missiles."

Hazier's gunner slaved his control stick as he obeyed his commanding officer.

"You're good, it's loaded."

Again Hazier flick his wrist aiming his weapon at the rear end of a Ramses II Main Battle Tank. He thumbed the trigger letting loose a missile as it streak towards the target, his wrist flicks to the left and locked onto a second tank. Again he thumbed the trigger and waited for the explosion to come. Abner smirks triumphantly as he was rewarded with 2 explosions, taking out his targets with the anti-tank missiles. He scanned his console for another target.

"Reload anti-tank missiles."

Hazier heard the good to go signal from his gunner but couldn't reply as a BMD-3 loomed into his gun sight. Pulling the trigger of his 30mm cannon, the Puma's main gun raked the Scimitar's armored vehicle before it exploded.

"Turn around again and make another pass!"

Abner's driver complied and the rest of his Puma Raiding Force followed his lead.

"After this pass, everyone make a dash to the rendezvous point!"

"Copy that sir," replied his Puma CFV commanders.

Hazier knows that the after effect of shock has already worn out, thus the enemy he and his men are facing are prepared to repel him. Knowing that numbers are against him, the 3rd BCT commander knows that his foes will give chase.

"Zigzag pattern and watch out for their cannons," Abner ordered his driver.

His Command Puma CFV zigzags as it rush forward, explosions raked around him spewing dirt, pebbles of rocks, and a cloud of smoke on its wake.

"I got you now," Hazier murmured to his target as he released the anti-tank missiles from their housing.

A pair of anti-tank missiles streaked out from the lead Puma CFV, homing in to their targets, and with deadly accuracy the missiles hit their mark. The missiles detonated lifting a pair of Ramses II Main Battle Tanks from the ground, ripping it to shreds as it exploded, and tossing burning chunks of steel in all direction. The wrecked hulks of the tanks slammed onto the desert floor where it lies a blazed.

"Reload anti-missiles," he bellowed out.

Abner flick his wrist finding another target, this time a BRDM-2 loomed into his sight. Squeezing the trigger he let off a few burst, and watched as his sabot rounds tear through the Scimitar's combat vehicle turning it into a burning wreck. An anti-tank missile lock alarm sounded. The tone echoed through the crew's station. Immediately Hazier and his gunner scanned their consoles of where the lock is originating from. Sweat poured down his brow as he found what he is looking for, Abner keyed in his communication system.

"Break left," he loudly said to his driver.

The driver of the Command Puma CFV quickly complied and Hazier immediately deployed their counter-measure. Chaffs shot out from their housing, the effect of the counter-measure confused the anti-tank missile's locking system. The enemy's anti-tank missile detonated a few feet away from them. The explosion made the Puma shudder as it raced away from the scene. Abner flick his wrist to the right locking onto the BMP-3 responsible for the missile launch, once his sight is set onto his target, he squeezed the trigger watched. His sabot rounds raked the BMP-3 chewing the armor away and finally destroying the combat vehicle with a tremendous explosion.

"Alright, let's get out of here!"

As the Pumas make a run for it in high speed, the Scimitar's anti-tank weapons and their Ramses II Main Battle Tank's guns bore down at them. A dozen Pumas CFVs took the brunt of the fire, turning them into fiery graves for their crew. Immediately the Scimitar's started to give chase determine to annihilate the few remaining Pumas of the Rim-Cat Regiment's 3rd BCT.

"They're right to our heels. Where the hell is our air-support?"

At the same moment as Abner Espinosa uttered his words 4 helicopters and 4 drones streaked from the sky.

"We're right here Major Espinosa," answered the flight leader, "Sit tight and we will hold them back for you to escape."

"Thanks, you're our guardian angels," Hazier gave thanks to the flight leader.

The 2 MD 250s and a pair of Bell 412 helicopters started their strafing run. Firing their guns and missiles as they approach their targets, soon 16 enemy tanks were turned into blazing graves. The rest of the Scimitar's literally stopped from their tracks and soon the 4 drones came in from the sky. A pair of UCAS rippled fire their anti-tank missiles and dropped their laser guided bombs onto their targets. Another pair of UAVs strafed the Scimitar's position with 20mm cannons, spitting out high explosive armor piercing rounds turning a dozen more armored vehicles into smoldering heap of metal. On their second pass the UAVs launched their anti-tank missiles, again 8 more armored vehicles among them 2 tanks exploded, taking them off the fight.

"Hazier, you got a good head start. We have held them off long enough for you and we are homeward bound;" the flight leader informed the 3rd BCT commander, "Besides we just expended our ammos."

"Not a problem. Thanks for the support, we have a good 10 miles lead off them and it will take them a few more minutes to get back in pursuit."

"Good luck Major Espinosa," the flight leader wished him well as he and the air-support elements exited the area heading back to their base.

"Thanks for the luck," Hazier wondered how many more Pumas and their crew would be sacrificed for the fledgling democracy of Ar'Raq before this battle is concluded.

***

As the Hazier's Command Puma CFV leads his weary raiders across the desert he cannot wait to finally arrive at their destination. Their destination meant safety from the Scimitars who are pursuing them, bent on avenging the losses they have suffered from Hazier's raiders.

"Major I have detected flyers coming in fast from our six o'clock."

Abner quickly peeked at his console and determine the unidentified aircrafts coming in from behind them. He slumped on his command chair finally realizing who it is pursuing them from the air.

"Call in air-support and do we have any anti-aircraft missiles that were brought along?"

Franticly Hazier searches the CFV for anything to use against the incoming aircrafts.

"On the cache, next to the 30mm ammos," replied his gunner.

Hazier opened the cache and smiled at the sight of an anti-aircraft shoulder launch missile system with it comes 2 loads of missiles plus another in the tube ready to fire.

"Stop the vehicle over the next hill. Gunners, come out and shoot down the incoming enemy helicopters," Abner instructed his men, "What's the ETA for our air-support?"

"They will be here shortly."

"Good, instruct our air-support that we are planning a surprise for the bad guys. Now once we popped all three missiles, everyone gets back into the CFVs and run like hell to the rendezvous point. Besides we're close, very close to it."

TRIAX
TRIAX
34 Followers
12