Days in the Woods

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
pheacock
pheacock
91 Followers

Mina took out her bag of nuts and shared them with a very grateful Kallisto, who remembered them from her life in Greece. This was an absolute treat for the nymph! Nuts were enjoyed by all the gods -- they were also ambrosia to her.

The tall, slender woman was full of amazements. In one day, Kallisto had eaten foods she had missed and found her daughters. As the sun started to set, Mina dressed to return to her home, gave Kallisto a sexy kiss, and hiked off. She was told to call mentally to the nymph and Kallisto would come and fetch them all.

When Mina arrived home, she turned her cell phone back on and found three texts, reading them with excitement. The first was from Jenny.

Jenny. Hey girl. I've missed you this summer. Can we get together soon? What the hell does a gay girl do for fun in this place?

There were two texts from her mom, but Mina had to stop to digest what Jenny had said. SHE IS GAY. This is too much to ask for. Why hadn't she said so before? Mina had to read her mother's texts before responding to Jenny.

Zonta. Got the stretcher but your brother wants you to make a meal for him as well as me. He said you make a great venison stew. Everything is set for our visit. Come by around seven a.m. and get us.

Zonta. Call me when you get home. I need to talk to you about Kallisto.

Mina called that moment. Her mother was not someone who liked to talk on the phone, so this might be serious.

Zonta answered on the third ring. "Hello, Mina. You've had quite a day today. First off, I'm sorry about the meal for your brother, but you know how he is. I want to give you some insight into Kallisto. I am her daughter also, so this is not catty, baby. She is ancient and a minor goddess. She does have powers beyond ours -- she is incredibly strong. She can drive anyone to madness or love. She can communicate with her thoughts. I know she has never done these things to her girls, but she could. So take care of whom you introduce to her. We don't bring men to her out of fear of losing them. I think your brother might be safe. He is her son, but I will not chance taking him to her."

"Mom, this explains so much! I went to the park to have a nude 'alone day' to slake the lust of my loneliness. Sorry for the visual, but I had lain by her stream and done it. Afterward I was falling asleep. I felt something touch my ankle and saw her staring at my naked body between my legs. She addressed me by my name. She seemed a harmless old lady. Her hair was grey and she looked frail standing in the pool in the stream. She asked to lay with me. I said 'Yes', and she almost levitated out of the water. We talked about things, and then another goddess, Artemis, came to take her. But Kallisto wanted to stay. We spent the day getting acquainted. But we did kiss a lot. Strangely, every kiss made her look and act younger."

"She is quite the one for kisses, Mina. She did not try to seduce you, did she?"

"No, Mom. She was a gentle, genteel woman. We shared some fruit and nuts and mostly talked with a few kisses. I think she was so happy to have found you all again -- that was what she focused on. She did want me to bring some wine. Just happens I bought two bottles of Greek wine when I was in the city last, one each of red and white."

"I doubt your great-grandmother will have any, but that would be nice. See you tomorrow, dear. 'Bye, Mina."

"Have a good night, Momma. I'll be by in the morning. Good-bye."

Mina had another call to make -- this one had her heart pounding. She could hear the ringing and then it was answered. "Jenny Hastings here."

"Hello, Jen. This is Mina. I just got your text. I've been out riding my scooter and then had family business to deal with. I'm a little confused by your message. Do you just want to know what I do here for fun or are you saying you are gay also?"

"Sorry, Mina. I was unclear. I was trying to be coy. Actually, I meant both. What is there to do here, and, yes, I am gay and interested in getting together with you."

"Oh, Jen. I wish I had known this earlier. I have not come on to you, but I am interested in you also. What you find out in small country towns is that it is very dangerous to hit on straight girls. They all have fathers, brothers, or boyfriends, or all three, who object harshly. They will leave you alone if they know you are not straight but want you to stay away from their women. As to what I do. I like to go out in nature and hike. I fish and hunt. I usually hunt with my brother so he can help pack in and out. Plus, he has horses and also keeps mine. I watch movies and read books. Sometimes I play cards with my brother and his friends. I'm pretty boring for the most part. What is your idea of fun, Jen?"

"My favorite is sleeping in late after making love most of the night, and getting up and preparing my girl breakfast. I do hunt and fish. I was in the Marines so hiking is an old love/hate relationship for me. What kind of scooter do you have?"

"My bike is a '40 Harley Knucklehead. Do you have a ride, Jen?"

"Nice bike, Mina! I have a 2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200 back at my folks'. I haven't had any reason to bring it out until now. I do miss that girl."

"Yikes, that's a lot of bike! I'm jealous, Jen! I love to ride! I could get a trailer from my brother and we could go get her. As to that favorite thing you like to do -- it sounds super to me. I like to cook, too."

"Anytime you want to make me dinner I'm ready to bring some wine and flowers. Would you really drive to St. Paul to get my girl? I would pay you back for the kindness."

"Jen, I will take you. I think we need to get to know each other before we make too much out of who and what we are. I have been burned trying for relationships so many times. I'm a little gun-shy now."

"Me, too, babe. I'm just a terrible flirt with girls that I know and like. I want to get to know you better, too. Can I take you out to lunch or maybe, even better, a picnic? I know you like to hike so you can pick the spot. I'll make the food."

"That sounds great! How about the day after tomorrow, Jen? I've got a family appointment tomorrow. Do you ride horses? We could ride out to a spot I know."

"It's been years, but I love to ride. And the date is set, lady! Wear something sexy for me, won't you?"

"You're a mess, Jen. Everything I've ever seen on you is sexy! So you will be the one who has to protect her virtue." The two stayed on the phone until late, like teenagers in the first throes of love. Each went to sleep with visions of the other in her head, initiating several rounds of jilling off for both.

Mina slept deeply after she was sated and awoke ready for a very interesting day ahead. She ate a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast with a cup of strong coffee. Mina cleaned out her large SUV, packed up the wine she had planned to take, and took off for her mother's house. When she arrived, she saw her grandmother's pickup and knew her great-grandmother was waiting for her also. Mina pulled up into the driveway and went to her mother's door. As she prepared to knock, the door opened and her mother wrapped her up in her usual hug of greeting for her children.

"Good morning Mom! Are you all ready and willing this day?"

"Yes! We can't wait to see our ancient one, baby! Your great-grandma wants to thank you while mom and I load your truck." Mina handed her mother the keys and walked in to greet her older mothers. She gave her grandmother a kiss on the cheek and a hug. She then went to embrace her great-grandma the same way. The old woman was more effusive than normal, letting Mina know her excitement. Mina helped her charge out to the rear seat of the tall truck. It took both Mina and her mother to get the old lady settled in and comfortable with a shawl on her legs. Grandmother packed lunch into a basket. The rescue litter was already in the rear. Mina stopped for gas and repeated the trip from the day before, surrounded by the voices of all her mothers eager for chat time. All were recalling Kallisto and their time with her in their earlier years. As Mina approached her turnoff, she mentally tried to call Kallisto. She heard a voice reply in her head, saying she was awaiting her daughters. Mina smiled and told the others that their elder was awaiting them. As she expected, the conversation ceased. As Mina slowed to park, she was startled by the sight of Kallisto waiting at her turnout. She was not the only one who saw the goddess -- there were gasps from all the other women. Kallisto came to the door to help the oldest out of the truck. She was struck and saddened by the frailty of her daughter.

"Oh, my daughter! What has happened to you? Come with me. I will tend to you with all the healing I can give." Kallisto easily lifted the old woman gently into her arms while the others grabbed the other things. They all followed the nymph. This was her realm, after all. She walked quickly and surely. The weight she carried was nothing to her. She led them to Mina's spot. Kallisto set her bundle down on the log and helped the others. She got everyone settled. She then turned to Zonta, Makawee, and Mina.

"The waters of my stream can heal Ehawee. Help her to undress, please, daughters." Kallisto easily doffed the cloth that had covered her while the three denuded the elder woman. Kallisto easily lifted her daughter and walked into the deep pool, eliciting a groan from Ehawee at the cold water. Kallisto sang to her and the old woman smiled back, comforted by her mother's singing. Somehow she felt warmth surround her. The two stayed a long time in the pool, and when Kallisto had finished, Ehawee looked much better. She was broadly smiling and even kissed her healer full on the lips. This she had done as a young girl, but it had been a long time. She felt more alive than she had for years. Mina pulled her blanket out of her basket while Makawee laid another out for her mother to lie upon. Mina wrapped the older woman in the cloth to keep her warm. Ehawee could not stop thanking Kallisto for the healing. The other three women were sitting on the log, dazed by the events they had witnessed. Finally, Mina broke the spell.

"Goddess, have you helped her?"

"I have done what I can, youngest daughter. She will be able to walk back to your vehicle without help. I think she could use some food and drink now. Healing is hard work for all involved." Mina opened the basket containing the two bottles of wine. She placed the white in the spot in the stream and then opened the red. Makawee took out two pears and gave one each to the healed and healer. Mina followed with a plastic cup of wine for each. Both of them savored the wine and fruit while the others only drank a little wine and watched the joy on two faces. There was little conversation as the women and the nymph sat enjoying the sounds of the stream and birds. Kallisto looked up at Mina with a quizzical look.

"Mina, who is Jenny? She has filled your mind."

"Um...She is a teacher at my school. We are getting together tomorrow for a picnic."

"Oh, that's nice. You have made a friend." Mina's mother added, trying to ward off the nymph's inquiry.

Kallisto spoke over Zonta. "She is more than a friend in your heart, is she not, Mina?"

"Great mother, I do not know yet. This will be our first time together. I do hope that we get on well. I like her." Mina replied truthfully.

"When you do know, bring her to meet me, daughter. I want to get to know her also."

"Mina, I also would like to get acquainted with your friend, as would your other mothers," Zonta added earnestly. There was a general conversation about Mina's troubled love life. This was what Mina wanted to avoid until she and Jenny got to know their feelings for each other. Now she knew she had a phone call from her mother coming every day to check on her romantic life. The talk turned to more mundane matters and Ehawee fell asleep. She had expended a lot of energy in the pool. The others quieted their speech so the old woman could sleep in peace. As the day went on, more food and wine were consumed, much to Kallisto's joy. By the time they were ready to leave for home, after getting Ehawee dressed, all had an exceptional time catching up with the goddess. Kallisto was correct: Ehawee walked by herself back to Mina's big SUV. She did not at all appear to be stressed by the trek. The ladies spent the entire time driving back interrogating Mina about Jenny. It was torture for her -- she knew so little about Jen. It sounded as though she was evading them in her ignorance.

After they got home and Mina dropped off her elders, she went home and sat for a long time. She was extremely tired. Mina did call her brother to tell him she was taking out her horses the next morning. He asked her if she was taking her new girl with her.

"Fuck. Did Mom already call you? Chaska, we are not a couple yet. We don't know one another at all. But, yes, I'm taking her on a picnic."

"Sounds nice. I hope you two get along, Big Sis. You could use someone in your life."

Mina sniffled out her answer. "Brother, dear, sometimes you surprise me with your insight. I'm sorry I snapped at you. All day Mom and grandma quizzed me about her. I need to go to bed. Good-bye."

"All's cool, sis. Sleep well and dream good things, OK? 'Bye." Mina sent Jenny a text telling her she would pick her up at 10 and would just stop by the diner for lunch. She took a shower and slipped between her sheets. She was fast asleep and, if she dreamt, she did not remember.

In the morning, there was a text from Jenny giving her address and asking if she could bring anything. Mina said she had it covered: She planned to stop at a diner and get some fried chicken and sides. She packed a six-pack of beer in a soft cooler with freezer packs to keep it cool. She planned to take her bike. Since Jenny was a rider she would like that. Mina called the diner and had them cook the chicken so it would have time to cool before she picked it up. Mina then got out her bike and ran down to the gas station to fill her up. The Harley was running smooth as it always did. Her saddles were at her brother's place in case he needed to ride her horses for a family thing when she was not there. The beer was packed into a saddlebag on the bike and she headed out for the diner, where she paid for her food order. Mina had arranged for her sister to take it over to their brother house. The owner was a friend, so she asked who Mina was entertaining.

"Donna, I'm taking the new teacher on a picnic. We are going to get to know one another."

"Good luck, girl! You know that new girl has turned down every guy who asked her out. She might be your kind of girl! Isn't she a pretty woman?"

"I think she's a stunner, Donna. I have my hopes, but we need time to get to know if we click. Just like straight folks." Mina said with a wink as she paid up and got back on her scooter. Jenny heard the big twin rumble down her street and grabbed her helmet and headed out her door just as Mina rode up.

"This girl is a beaut, Mina! Thanks for introducing me to her!" Jenny said as she buckled on her helmet.

Mina had another gift to brighten up Jen. "Hey, Jen! D'you want to drive her? I'll show you the way to my brother's house where my horses are stabled." Jenny's face formed a big grin as she nodded in obvious desire. She hadn't ridden her bike for over a year -- her brother was taking it out to keep it happy. Mina got off and showed Jen everything she wanted to know about the Harley. When Mina saw Jen looking around, she knew what she was hunting. "Jen, you have to kick it to start -- she's old school. I'll do it if you want."

Jen reached down and made sure the ignition was off. She stepped softly on the starting pedal until she felt compression. Key was turned back on and she shot upright, putting all her weight on the starter pedal. The bike roared to life as she expertly landed back in the saddle. "My Dad's '38 is like a mule to start when it's cold. I'm used to these machines."

Mina was impressed. She told Jen to head out Main Street to the north. She hopped on behind the driver and they swooped out of town. Jen drove the bike like she had owned it for years. Mina told her where to turn well before to make sure Jen was not caught off guard. Jen pulled the cycle up to the stables and cut it off. When she looked up, she saw a tall burly man with his arms crossed. He looked a little pissed off at her driving.

Chaska's voice boomed out. "Damn it, Sis! How long have you been letting other people drive your bike? I've only asked every time I've seen it."

Mina held up her hands in surrender. "OK, little brother. While we are gone, ride it all you want. Just please don't wreck it. You're the EMT so no one will scoop you up if you dump her."

"Sis, who is this nice lady? You forget your manners or something?" Chaska teased his sister -- she was an easy target. He could see in her eyes she had a great interest in this woman.

"Calm down, Bro. Jen, this is my little brother, Chaska. Brother, this is my coworker and, I hope, friend, Jenny." They shook hands and Chaska was impressed with the woman's strong grip. His face lit up in a smile. This is the kind of girl my Sis needs. She is strong and confident.

"I've got your mounts saddled and ready, Sis. You going out to the river?"

"Yeah, it's a nice place to picnic and no one goes there. So we can talk."

"You know the snakes like it, too. D'you want to borrow a gun?"

"I should've thought of that; I guess we'd better. Jen, are you OK around firearms?"

"Yes. The Marines trained me in safety and usage, Mina."

"Can we have a .22 each, Chaska?"

"They're already on the horses, Sis. I figured you'd need 'em."

He's such a good man. Even if he does love to tease."

Chaska brought out the horses. He looked at Mina's new woman and asked her if she wanted a leg up, much to his sister's pique.

Jen replied, "Let's see if I remember how to get on. I was a kid the last time." Jen proceeded to reach for the saddle horn from the left side of her pinto mare. She jumped up putting her left foot in the stirrup and swung her right leg over and into the other. "I need to shorten the stirrups, I think." She looked at a dumbfounded pair of faces. "What do you two think?"

Chaska strode over to her and answered her inquiry, chuckling. "I think we have been played for fools, Jen. But they are a little long. Let me get that for you." He did the adjustment quickly and stood back to assess the length. "That looks alright, Jenny. How does it feel?"

"It's really good, Chaska. Thanks!" In the meantime, Mina had packed the food and drink onto her roan mare, Thunder, and mounted her.

"Ready, Jen? Dotty is a good girl but she does like to run, so don't get her going until you're ready." Mina had chosen this mare because she was gentle but had spunk.

"Let's get going, Mina. The day is perfect for a ride." Jen gave Dot a little snap on the reins and she followed Thunder out away from the stables to the north. Mina enjoyed the ride and Jen's company. They chatted as they rode side by side. Mina was showing off the sights. When they got to the river, Jen saw the banks were tree lined and Mina headed for her favorite spot. They tied up the horses to a low tree branch and gathered up the lunch and blanket to sit on. Jen had a question to ask her companion. "Mina, is your brother married? He seems like a nice man even if he does tease his sister."

"Oh, are you interested, Jen?" Mina also was a tease.

"In a way, dear. Not for me but for my sister, Josie. She is coming to visit me next week and is interested in getting out of the city. She has told me she is jealous of me for living in the country, so I thought I might introduce them."

"I would be proud for my brother to get to know your sister. Is she as pretty as you, Jen?" Jen dug her cell out of her pocket and pulled up a picture of her sister. She handed the phone to Mina. "Jesus, she's drop dead ravishing!"

pheacock
pheacock
91 Followers