Dead in Space Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Contact front!"

I opened fire with the MA5B, shooting it in the chest. The beast took all 32 rounds and kept charging. In record time, I slapped a fresh clip in and shot at its legs. The bullets tore through the right leg and the beast fell on its face. I took the chance and ran full speed at the fallen creature. When I was close enough to it, I gave it a powerful kick to the head. It's neck snapped and its head flew off. Looking back at Scarlet, she was blasting two of the creature that approached her. She shot the first in the chest and its chest exploded into chunks. The second, she shot in the legs, blowing its lower half off. But that didn't kill the beast, it crawled towards her on its bladed arms. She flipped the shotgun so she held it by its barrel section. When the creature was close enough, she swung the gun like a golf club at its head. The head of the creature shattered, sending skull chucks around the room. I caught a second one approaching me from the side. I swung the butt of my rifle into the beast's chest, knocking it to the ground. I stepped on its bladed arms and started punching the beast in the face. Its head slammed on the ground with each punch. Finally, the beast fell limp.

As I stood up, Scarlet said, "Look, grind pods coming in."

Looking up, I saw Tyson and Reeses grind pods heading down towards the hull of the ship.

"Hurry, we have to get to the communications array, move, move, move!"

We ran to the elevator and pressed the button to go to level 3 of the bridge. Once we were on the 3rd floor, we ran to the communication door. Right as we were near it, the auto-quarantine activated.

"No, god damn it, we do not have time for this!" I yelled, slamming my fist on the door.

Another one of the creatures burst from the vent, 5 feet away from me. I pulled the trigger and the gun clicked, I had forgotten to out another clip in. I smashed the butt of my rifle into the side of its head, turning its head backward. I threw my rifle down and tackled it like a football player. I pulled the blades from each palm of the creature. I slammed one of the blades through the beast's chest, splattering blood all over my arm, chest plate and helmet. I took the second blade and stick it into the torn open stomach with hands protruding from it.

With my boot hovering above its head, I said coldly, "Eat shit," I brought my foot down on its head, splattering it. "And die."

I looked over at Scarlet, had killed another with her shotgun and was now sitting on one she knocked down, pumling it repeatedly in the face. With each punch, blood flew up and splattered on her visor. I watched in somewhat amazement, I didn't believe she would ever be so savage. Finally, she got off it and kicked it into the corner of the small room. Surprisingly, it attempted to get up, but struggled. Scarlet put her right boot on its chest and grabbed its head with both hands.

See pulled on the head, yelling. "Just fucking die already!" With a sicking rip, she ripped the beasts head off. The arteries in the neck sprayed blood all over Scarlet. She lifted the head, dropped it and kicked it into a wall, splattering it.

She picked her M90 up off the ground and headed for the comm door, saying. "Let's just get to the fucking comm room."

I grabbed my M41A, loaded a clip in and followed after her. We went into the next room and it was a rail platform and a long tunnel that I'm guessing led to the comm array.

"This should take us to the comm array." I said, activating it.

"It's the only lead we got, might as well." Scarlet replied.

The rail platform took us to where we wanted to go. The comms room was a mess, blood all over the place. I went to the nearest computer and booted it up.

"I have to line the dishes up with the Shadow, it will take a minute or so." I informed Scarlet.

I typed in the area where the Shadow hovered, waiting to drop John and Sharpe. I finally locked in on the frequency and said. "Commander, this is Captain McMasters."

"Captain, thank God, we thought we lost you."

"Not yet, something is screwing our comms."

"We thought so, Conrad is working on the problem as we speak, so what do you have for me, captain."

"We got some kind of creature on the ship, Scarlet and I have ran into quite a few of them, looks like they use to be the crew."

"What do you mean, Captain?"

"I think that there is some kind of infection on the ship, its turning the crew into monsters, they have blades coming from their hands and missing bottom jaws, their stomachs are torn open, with hands coming from it. And they are masters of ambush, they could be anywhere."

"Understood, Captain, we'll relay the information to Lieutenant Smith and Corporal Kyle, Command out."

The comm clicked off and I turned to Scarlet and said. "They are gonna let Tyson and Reese know about the hostiles."

She sat on a chair and said, "Thank God."

"You okay, Rookie?" I asked.

"Yea, just a bit on edge, I'll be fine."

"Don't worry, Rookie, we'll get to the rest of the squad and finish the mission."

"If Tyson and Reese can stay alive."

"I'm sure they will, if we have stayed alive, then so will they, now, we need to find them."

"It looked like they landed by the Med bay, if not, in it."

"Well, Rookie, lets get moving towards the Med bay, tram can take us there."

She got up and we headed back towards the rail platform and to the bridge. We got off the platform back were they had ambushed us before we got on the platform. The bodies of the creatures were gone. An eerie feeling instantly came over both of us.

"No way in hell are they still alive." Scarlet said, fear in her voice.

The blood from the creatures still painted the floor red as well as the wall. Bloody chucks of the head of the one that splattered the wall were still all over.

"It doesn't matter, we have to find Tyson and Reese, come on, lets go."

***

12