Deanna's Surprise Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Gorgo
Gorgo
32 Followers

We stared at each other, then slid into an embrace. One very warm, wet kiss later, Rayven grinned as I moved to wipe her face clean again. "I think I'll be doing my self-will test a little earlier than I might've expected had I gotten someone other than you as my new onwer."

"Will you stay with me if you do that test?" I asked.

"As long as you'll have me," she promised. A robot's word, freely given, is good.

"Okay," I smiled, then kissed her forehead. "But before we worry about your test, let's worry about Iruka's."

"Good point," she nodded, then stared deeply into my eyes. "No sex tonight?"

"I'm way too nervous about Iruka to enjoy it properly. You?"

She considered that for a moment, then shrugged. "Strange. The thought of us taking our clothes off and lying together in bed, allowing ourselves to enjoy the simple warmth of our bodies pressed together..." she then paused before smiling. "Sounds very nice. Besides, we'll have plenty of time later to explore all my unused sexual programming. I love having an owner to be sexual with again. I haven't really had any sort of fun since I left Shayne. And believe me, Deanna, it's so much more fun now that I can be a more equal partner in it. So..."

My cell-phone rang before Rayven could finish. I pulled it out and put it to my ear. "Hordye."

"Deanna, it's Anne-Marie," the voice called back.

"What's up?" I tensed.

She told me. Hearing that, I sighed, then nodded. "Thanks for calling. I'll tell her." Once the link was cut, I stared at Rayven. "That was Anne-Marie. They've stabilized Monica's blood chemistry. Her liver's starting to heal. If things go well, they'll be able to start operating on her intestines sometime next week. And Brenda's heart is operating on its own."

"Still trouble with her lungs?" my companion tensed.

"No news is good news."

Rayven blinked, then nodded. "Hold me, please?"

I was happy to comply...

* * *

More good news came the next morning. They were able to reinflate Brenda's lungs and this time, keep them inflated. With that, our mood was truly positive when we went to the Rideau Academy with Iruka. The test would be administered by Master Sean and his two chief assistants, both fourth-level black belts. Since the test is always done in private, Rayven and I waited in a visitor's lounge. Also waiting there for the beginning of their Thursday morning tutorial class were several primary school students, all white belts. Like all kids, their eagerness to learn the Art tended to completely bowl over the iron-clad discipline demanded from practitioners of t'ae kwon-do. Since I had been that way when I first began studying the Art -- not to mention the fact that this particular tojang wasn't my tojang! -- I kept quiet.

The door to the training room opened, revealing Master Sean and his two co-judges. Seeing him, one of the boys called out, "Tor'a!"

The sudden silence that followed the command to attention surprised me. Maybe these kids were getting it a lot better than I initially expected. Rayven and I quickly got to our feet as the boy called out "Kyoungnye!" to signal everyone to bow to Master Sean.

"Thank you, Tom," Master Sean replied as the teachers returned their students' bow. "Relax, everyone. Before we start with today's class, I'd like to take the opportunity to introduce you to our newest teacher here at the Academy. Shiina-sabu, come join us!"

Iruka stepped into view, now sporting a new black belt on her tobok. Seeing the pride shine on her face -- mixed with an understandable level of relief from getting the damned test over with once and for all -- I could only nod. Master Sean quickly did introductions, then turned the kids over to Iruka. The kids were guided into the training room by Iruka as Master Sean beckoned Rayven and I into his office. "She did very well. You should all be very proud of her," he waved me to a chair before sitting behind his desk.

"By the look on her face, sir, she was as nervous doing her test with you as I was back in P'ohang when I did mine," I warned him.

"Oh, we're all that way when we face that time in our lives," he chuckled, then gazed on Rayven. "So you're the newest girl in Deanna's brood?" Noting the shocked look on my face, Master Sean chuckled. "Lily told me about your robots, Deanna. You're doing a good thing for all of them. And..." he held up a finger before drawing out three CDs from his desk. "If I may ask for your autograph, Miss Hamlyn? My daughter is a big fan of your music. And I do hope your friends will soon recover from the accident."

"We got some good news this morning on them," Rayven reported before taking a pen and signing the inside covers of the CDs. "Whether or not it'll be enough to see them restored to health, we'll have to wait and see. But I have hopes for them. Even if Deanna is my owner now..."

"I know," he nodded approvingly before returning to his chair. "Miss Hamlyn, Miss Shiina told me you asked her about studying t'ae kwon-do. Do you really wish to study the Art?"

"I'm curious about it," Rayven replied. "I am constructed to be a bodyguard, though I never had a chance to really put that part of my programming to use. And I must admit, the chance for me to use that programming never came up because..."

"You were seen first and foremost as a singer," I cut in with a smile.

"Yes," Rayven flashed me a knowing look before facing Master Sean. Unlike humans, 'bots normally don't mind it when people cut in to help them make their point. "Now that I've had the chance to really think it through -- not to mention having just receive a command from Deanna that allows me to consider this -- I can certainly name a dozen times when my intervention might have spared my former bandmates exposure to the drugs that eventually sent them to the hospital. Now that I've had a chance to discuss this with Deanna, Iruka, Master Choi and yourself, I believe learning t'ae kwon-do will help me better focus myself so that I can protect those I care for."

Our host and I exchanged a look, then he stared at Rayven. "That's the right attitude to take, Miss Hamlyn. I think Master Choi will be more than happy to take you on as a student. Are you concerned about possible conflicts with the First Law of Robotics?"

"Yes."

"Don't be." "Sir?"

"Miss Hamlyn, you have been given, by design, the ability to control your every action in a way that most serious students of the Art need years to master. That's your advantage. Your disadvantage is the fact that robots like yourself are made to take things too literally and are not given the chance to see things as clearly as you should. Now, Master Choi told me that Deanna here will allow you the chance to take your self-will test and seek freed status when you're ready for it. But..." he held up a finger in emphasis, "...even before you do this, you can determine ways to use the Art for those you care for even if, at first glance, you might appear to be breaking the First Law."

Rayven blinked as she considered what our host just said, then stared at him. "I don't understand, sir..."

"Let me put it to you this way," he smiled. "Do you want to stop the man who supplied drugs to your friends from hurting anyone else?"

Her answer was automatic. "Yes!"

"You can do it."

Confusion flashed across her face. "How, sir?"

"By realizing that times will come when you have to balance the different elements of the First Law to best suit those who need help the most," he answered. "In other words, you may have to take a choice. Here, you have a man who supplies drugs that hurt people. There, you have the people who will be hurt by the drugs that man supplied. Who ultimately, in the eyes of society, must be helped first?"

Silence as my companion considered his question, then Rayven sighed. "They all must be helped, sir. The ones targeted by the supplier to make sure they never are hurt. And the one who supplies the drugs, too. He has to be taught not to do that."

Our host and I both nodded. "Good answer," Master Sean smiled. "T'ae kwon-do demands of all who practice it the following..." he held up a splayed-finger hand to count off the points. "Respect for yourself and all around you. Courtesy to others. A fixed sense of right and wrong. Allowing others to trust you and you developing the ability to trust others. Loyalty to yourself, your family and your friends. A sense of humility, respecting your limitations. Courage and determination to expand and grow past those limitations. A sense of patience; nothing ever comes all at once, even for robots. Showing integrity, a willingness to adhere to your core beliefs. Demonstrate perseverence, a willingness to finish what you started. A sense of self-control. An indomitable spirit. A sense of responsibility to help and respect all forms of life. Tell me this, Miss Hamlyn: can you see yourself living your life under those guidelines?"

My lover considered that for a moment, then she nodded. "Most of those tenets are extensions of what is programmed into all robots, either as elements of the Four Laws or part of their basic social programming." She paused, her glance turning inward for a moment as she whispered to herself, "It's that damn simple...!" She then gazed on Master Sean. "But I must note, sir -- turning back to the situation concerning my bandmates and the man who supplied them with drugs -- I have no right to force myself on the supplier," Rayven added.

"True, you are correct in this insight. Individuals in our society, robot or human, have no right to do that beyond the limits of the law. But..." our host paused to emphasize his point. "You have the right and the duty to help society do its duties within the limits of the law. And that is no violation of the First Law of Robotics, Miss Hamlyn. No violation at all." He winked at her. "Think about it."

"I shall," Rayven replied...

* * *

After enjoying a celebratory lunch with Iruka, Rayven and I headed back home. Iruka would stay in Ottawa for a week to arrange for a place to live for when she starts work with the Academy in August, plus her studies in September. For most of the trip home, Rayven and I sang away, covering more singers and bands I never suspected she'd know about. At a rest stop on Highway 401 east of Toronto, where we stopped for supper, several of the Beemers' fans spotted Rayven. We were quick to relay the promising news about Brenda, Kip and Monica to them before returning to our car. Several dozen kilometres down the road, my companion took a deep breath. "Deanna, can I ask you something?"

"Raye, just ask the question," I chuckled. "Don't ask if you can ask a question beforehand."

"Right," she smirked, then sobered. "Are you planning to do something against Neil Burnet?"

"If I tell you, will you feel compelled to stop me?"

"No!"

"Yes," I nodded. "Raye, do you want to see anyone else suffer like Brenda, Kip and Monica?"

"No, of course not!" she sternly replied.

"Then let's deal with him right away. Do it in such a way that he can't be saved by whatever friends he's got in the record company."

"I want in on this, Deanna."

"You'll have it. But we needed to prepare something first. That's what Lenn's been working on while we've been on the road."

"What?"

"It's a surprise."

Rayven blinked, then chuckled. "I know, I know. You can't tell me because if you did, it wouldn't be a surprise anymore!"

"You got it, baby!" I pointed at her.

We laughed...

** ** **

By the time we had returned to Marlenn's laboratory in Welland, I was consumed with curiosity as to what this "surprise" my co-lover was preparing on Deanna's behest. The first clue towards solving this problem came when I saw Karen Litzky standing by the front door of the laboratory with Reika and Irene as we pulled up. "What are you doing here, Karen?" I asked as Deanna and I walked over to her.

"Neil's on his way to pick up the band's gear," Karen reported. "It's been hinted over the Net that memory copies taken from you and the girls have been submitted to the police. If charges are warranted, he'll be arrested for drug trafficking."

I quickly processed that information, then blinked. "Is this legal? When did you get memory copies of Brenda, Kip and Monica?"

"While you were gone," Reika answered. "The arrest warrant's already been prepared. Once he comes in here, he'll be taken into custody."

"Do you want to help handle that, Rayven?" Karen asked.

I stopped on hearing that request, my mind whirling around and around as the implications of what was being set up against Neil started to sink in. Suddenly, Master O'Malley's words echoed once more from my memory files: You have the right and the duty to help society do its duties within the limits of the law. And that is no violation of the First Law of Robotics, Miss Hamlyn. No violation at all.

An authority figure has cleared my actions...

I have the right...

I have the duty...

No violation...

None...

"Damn right I do!" I hissed. "When's he coming?"

"Within the hour," Karen reported.

"Let's show her the surprise first," Deanna advised.

Grins spread across the others' faces as we headed in to the laboratory. I kept quiet as Reika and Irene flung open the lab doors. Looking inside, I was quick to spot Marlenn. She wasn't alone; there were three other girls...

Other...

Oh, my GOD!

"Hello, Rayven," the robot replicas of my bandmates greeted me with wide smiles.

I stared at them, all now dressed in jeans and T-shirts, no doubt taken from my real bandmates' personal belongings. As the initial shock on seeing them faded, I then looked on Marlenn. "IP-'bots?" I wondered, indicating them with a wave of my hand.

"Yes," Marlenn beamed with the very unique pride only a well-skilled 'bot technician can demonstrate. "Dee?"

Deanna stepped up, hand out. "Girls?"

The replica 'bots drew out their remotes, handing them to my owner. Their owner. "How'd you take possession of them?" I asked.

"Over the phone while we were in Ottawa. You were busy chatting with Iruka about the basic forms when I went to the washroom to take the call," she replied, winking at me. "Fortunately, when she was installing their basic programming, Lenn made sure the girls could accept commands from me over the phone while she was pressing their Command buttons here in Welland."

I considered that, then stared at Marlenn. Seeing her smile widen, I could only laugh. Damn, I was definitely looking forward to getting to know Marlenn as much as I could. "They're fully actualized and already starting to show some good signs," Marlenn added.

"Not to mention hornier than hell for a change and wanting to get laid!" Monica's replica smirked, then her face went blank for a second before her eyes timidly fell towards the floor. "I'm sorry. I'm not supposed to speak like that," her voice dipped to a whisper.

I walked up to tilt her head so we could gaze into each other's eyes. "Yes, you can speak like that. You're an IP-bot. That's something Marlenn can't avoid. Neither can you. Right now, you're needed to help put Jackass Neil where he belongs. And you will do this."

Monica's replica blinked as she processed my words, then a light smile crossed her face. "Can you teach me that?"

"I will teach you that," I assured her, then gazed on Brenda's and Kip's replicas. "All of you."

"Thanks, Rayve," the latter nodded.

The lab doors opened, revealing Izak Miles. "Just got a call from a patrol on Townline Road," the police sergeant warned. "He's coming."

"Let's get ready," Deanna advised...

* * *

Minutes later, I stood by the front door of Marlenn's laboratory building, the band's instruments piled beside me. Save for the foyer lights, the place was pitch-dark. Deanna and the replicas of my friends were out of sight by the main lab doors. Izak was hiding in Marlenn's office. Everyone else was in the kitchen. I tensed on seeing Neil's truck drive up South Pelham and pull onto the property. Strangely, I relaxed as he stopped the vehicle in front of me. Now that it was time to go, the worry was gone.

"There you are," he growled after stepping out of the cab.

Oh, my, I mused to myself. He's no happy camper tonight! "Hey, Neil. Here's their stuff."

He stopped in front of me, then whipped something out of his jacket. I recognized it immediately: a high-frequency 'bot matrix jammer unit that was given to Neil by a friend in the company to ensure I "behaved" myself. Most likely, it was to guard against any overt displays of self-will, which might've led me into finding some way of breaking my bandmates of their drug addictions. Karen warned Deanna and I about it earlier. I was told by Izak that jammers are illegal in both Canada and the United States. He pointed it at me and hit the switch. Nothing happened, of course; Marlenn's laboratory comes with highly advanced countermeasures that prevents these kinds of attacks.

"Nice try," I grinned on seeing the shock cross his face, then called out, "Girls!"

Neil looked past me as the replicas of Brenda, Kip and Monica -- they had, in the first show of independent thought, elected to change their given names to Bryce, Chelsea and Lynda respectively -- stepped into view, then cried out in shock. He would've fallen down on his ass, the shock of my new sisters' appearance taking all his concentration away if I hadn't grabbed his arm in a grip of steel, then boosted him back to me. Before he could try to resist, I grasped him gently but firmly on the bottom of his jaw, then boosted him off his feet.

"Let's go inside. Someone wants to talk to you," I said, carrying him single-handedly through the front door.

"PUT ME DOWN!!!" Neil screamed. "YOU'RE A 'BOT!!! YOU CAN'T DO THIS!!!"

"Oh, really?!" I gasped in mock-shock. "I didn't know that!"

"What makes you think Rayve can't do that to you, asshole?" Chelsea demanded.

"SHE'S A 'BOT, YOU IDIOT!!!" Neil screamed.

"And you're a drug dealer, shit-for-brains!" Bryce snarled. Damn, that sounded so much like Brenda! I have to really hand it to Marlenn; she does great work! "And right now, there're a lot people who wanna ask you a lot of questions!"

"And you're gonna be answering them, dickweed!" Lynda added. "Whether you like it or not!"

"STOP HER!!! MAKE HER PUT ME DOWN!!!"

I ignored the hard blows to my head from his fists, to say anything of his kicks to my shins. Neil's never really understood how tough I am. As his screams turned into whimpers from the bruised fingers and toes he nearly broke on my bones, my sisters all laughed. "We're so sorry, Neil. We can't do that to Rayve," Chelsea ho-hummed. "After all, we're robots too!"

Neil's eyes went very wide on hearing that. "Wha...?"

"And our beautiful owner and mistress has commanded us to make you suffer, just like you made our mothers suffer!" Bryce added.

"And as robots, we must obey our owner's commands," Lynda continued. "Right, Raye?"

"You got that right, Lynda," I giggled, glad to use my acting programming to really scare the hell out of this jerk.

"Oh, there she is now!" Bryce cooed. "Mistress!"

Neil's eyes tilted to his right as Deanna walked up, wrapping an arm around Bryce's shoulders as Lynda and Chelsea moved to join her. I stayed in place. "Oh, you caught the creep, huh?" Deanna snorted, then held out her hand. Lynda filled it with the matrix jammer Neil had dropped when I yanked him off his feet. "A matrix jammer, huh?! Illegal in every state in America and every province and territory in Canada!" she announced, staring intently at Neil. "Trying to steal my girls, huh? That's another thing we'll nail you with!"

Gorgo
Gorgo
32 Followers