Death in the Shell Ch. 04

Story Info
Rejoining the organization.
3.9k words
2.1k
2
0

Part 6 of the 15 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 06/16/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Motoko and Batou didn't have to read minds to know that Roarke and Eve chose sex tonight. But not before they ate a dinner that consisted of chicken marsala with fettuccine alfredo and red wine. Two helpings of that meal to be exact due to Eve not eating anything these past twenty-four hours. It pleased Roarke to see Eve eat and drink like she'd been recently rescued from the desert.

But that didn't please him nearly enough compared to when they stripped naked with his back against the wall of their bedroom and his wife kneeling down giving him some deep cock sucking pleasure. And Eve was definitely getting into it, with her alternating between deep-throating him with no gag reflex, lightly biting his cock like it was one of her frequently stolen candy bars, to finally sucking both his testicles as if they were ripe strawberries. Eve, in turn, took pleasure in hearing her husband moan and groan with every passing breath. It was one of those moments where they wanted it to last forever. After all what better way to celebrate Eve becoming an officer again then having her suck her husbands dick and him letting out some creamy filling.

"So far that was a great desert, Roarke," Eve murmured in a husky voice before giving Roarke a hungry kiss. "But I think I want some extra servings."

One great thing about being married to the man who had the mind of a wolf that Eve could appreciate, it's his ability to keep his dick hard for as long he wants. It was six o'clock in the evening which definitely gave Eve and Roarke time to really enjoy Happy Hour.

It was a good thing Roarke had their bedroom door on double lockdown because not even the best safecracker could break through the passionate slaps of skin against skin and the enthusiastic cries of pleasure from Eve. Not since Roarke had begun having sex with his wife, then girlfriend, had there'd ever been a crazy night like this. His wife's pussy was hungry in the past, but tonight she was starving as she met his thrusts with hers like an engine piston on all fours.

Two hours have passed for the married couple as they continued to make love. Two hours with too many orgasms for Eve to count, Roarke had yet to reach his next orgasm after that blowjob. She kept feeling new sensations from his slaps on her ass, to the grope of her small but firm breasts. She could barely hear his repeated words of love and devotion, but felt the heat of his kiss on her neck as she felt him thrust into her willing body over and over.

"Yes, Aghra. Yes!" Roarke panted into Eve's ear already driving her to another climax. It swelled his heart with love to know that his cop was giving herself to him in such a frisky way. He knew that Eve could his stamina and strength and still keep going.

"Oh God, Roarke!" Eve gasped loudly as Roarke shifted the angle of his thrusting. She began to thrust even harder against him as another orgasm threatened to tear at her body.

"Let go, my love," he whispered softly. "Let the mansion hear you scream how much you love me."

That did it for Eve as the orgasm exploded all over her body, she couldn't hear herself scream but it was definitely loud enough for her to wake up a dead man. But even she wanted the dead to hear her scream out that love and devotion without any social restraint. It melted her heart when she felt him give his seed into her pussy as they collapsed on the lake sized mattress. There was no doubt that their lovemaking was always good and strong.

"That was one hell of a second serving, Roarke."

That made them laugh so hard that they made their kisses mix in with their laughs.

ooooOOOOoooo

The morning after proved to be just as pleasant as the night before when Eve and Roarke enjoyed a breakfast full of waffles and bacon, with Eve even breaking off a piece to feed to their cat Galahad who enjoyed it like the fat cat didn't eat for three days.

"Think you and the gargoyle can keep guard of the house for a while, little guy?" Eve asked while scratching the cat's ears.

"I'm sure Summerset and Galahad will watch over this castle like a couple of loyal guard lions," Roarke replied while preparing to top off their coffee. "It's been a long time since you've seen her up close, Lieutenant, do you at least remember where she is located at?"

Eve nodded. "Been ten years since I've been there, but I know the location like the back of my hand. Which is why I'm driving."

Eve had taken her cup of coffee to her closet to walk to her department store sized closet, already having the intention to wear all black, from support tanks, to her sweaters, to her boots. While setting her changes of clothes on her bed, Roarke had come out of his own closet wearing all black himself.

When Roarke noticed the seven days worth of clothing on the bed, Eve said "We're going to need to stay at the Ghost Headquarters until this case is solved, Roarke."

Roarke didn't need to say anything, just followed suit and packed up his own pairs of clothing. Since reading that resignation letter last night, he knew it was best to let Eve's partners think that the pair would be going on vacation, a cover story he would have to give to Summerset for the time being.

Since it had been snowing heavily the past 48 hours, Roarke and Eve decided to take one of the all-terrain vehicles from his garage. When Eve took the wheel of that All-Terrain, she remembered the directions to headquarters like a photogenic memory. Her drive took them to a regular looking parking garage near the heart of Times Square with a fingerprint reader to get her in. To any regular individual, the fingerprint reader would just let you in the garage and nothing more. But for Eve Dallas, her fingerprint activated a secret elevator wide enough to fit a vehicle. The elevator lifted them down a couple stories underground to another parking lot full of cars much rarer than Roarke's and actively used on the road. Motoko and Batou were waiting a few feet away from the empty space being occupied by Roarke's all-terrain vehicle.

Motoko made no effort to hide her smile when she watched Lieutenant Eve Dallas and Roarke exit out of the car. Eve, in turn, mirrored her smile as if she was ready to see Mavis Freestone, and she'd given Motoko a hug that belonged to the love of little sister to big sister. Fifteen years have passed since she last came here, but keeping up with Motoko via link communications and birthday cards since leaving the headquarters made the return to this place seem like it was yesterday.

"Heard you got thrown out on your ass, Dallas," Batou remarked with Eve giving him a big hug.

"Though it didn't hurt as much when I threw you on your ass, Batou."

Batou let out a chuckle and briefly made the hug a little tighter before letting go to give Roarke a hug.

"Has she given you a hard time yet, Rich Boy?"

"She does," Roarke replied while returning the hug. "But I tend to give her a much harder time, just to keep her in line."

That left Eve flipping a middle finger at Roarke while Batou gave out a hearty laugh while patting her husband on the back.

Motoko while chuckling herself, decided to get down to business and exited the large parking lot with Eve, Roarke and Batou following behind.

"While the both of you were resting last night, we got down to the matter at hand and read your case files, I figure I'd let you give the briefing on what you were planning to do so far." Motoko said to Eve as they made their way to what was Eve's old childhood room.

"But you're the Major and you read the case files I think you should do it," Eve replied.

"True," Motoko nodded. "But the way I see it, Officer Ellen Bowers was getting in your way, if she had found out that her death would've inconvenienced you, she'd have taken pleasure in being chopped to little pieces just to see you gone."

Motoko stopped at a doorway that Eve was familiar with. It contained yellow walls with green plants, a silver round table with a vase of petunias at the center, a big red comfy couch with a big screen on front. The only change Eve noted was the inclusion of a bed that wasn't as big as the one they had at home, but it was definitely a big increase to the one they gave her as a child.

"Guess you figured out Roarke was going to join us?" Eve asked with a smirk.

"I know what it's like to be married, Eve," Motoko replied gently skimming a hand over her back. "The feeling you get when you want to protect the one you love, he's definitely made you break out of your shell."

Eve smiled while watching Roarke set their suitcases next to the couch, she in turn doing the same. "I'm sorry I didn't invite you to the wedding."

Motoko shook her head, "You giving us a disc was enough for us, Eve. You've more than proven your loyalty to us by keeping your secret."

"You mean you didn't have a problem with me telling Roarke?" Eve asked the Major.

It was Batou who answered, "On the contrary, we were wondering if you were going to tell him at all."

"Although," Motoko said turning her attention to Roarke. "I'm curious to know how you accepted Eve's story so quickly. I'd have figured you'd have done something crazy like kicking Eve out of the mansion and filing for divorce."

That made Roarke laugh, "I'm too tough and stubborn to let go of who I love, especially if they lied to me about a piece of their childhood. But secondly, I wanted to see firsthand if the rumors were true."

"Rumors huh?" Batou replied as the group began their stroll to Motoko's office. "What kind of rumors?"

"Rumors of a group of spies that were allegedly sanctioned by the United Nations to hunt down and apprehend the most wanted terrorists around the globe. Terrorists who had the potential to wreck governments, screw up financials and disrupt regular citizen life. There's a legend to where if the terrorists are hunted by this organization, they disappear never to be seen again, or even get gunned down in public with the public never knowing where the shots came from."

"Well Major," Batou said after reaching Motoko's office. "I'd say this rich boy has earned himself a gold star sticker."

Motoko had to smile at her husband's quip. "Maybe, but I think this might more than make up for Roarke's smarts."

She proceeded to open the center drawer of her desk to get something out for Eve, she knew it wouldn't be much compared to her NYPSD badge, but she knew it would be a worthy substitute. What she handed Eve was a badge designed for The Ghost Organization, it was gold and shaped like a large triangle and had a capital G inscribed in the center, the 'G' of course standing for Ghost.

Without much complaint, Eve accepted the badge and the weapon which was similar to her police issue. Eve knew she wasn't a NYPSD badge for now, knew it would probably be a long time before she'd be one again. But with Motoko Kusanagi and The Ghost Organization, she could be a cop again with the people she grew up with.

As Eve began to clip the badge on pants and put on her new weapon holster, the rest of the Ghost Organization walked into The Major's office. Everyone from Ishikawa, Saito, Yuutaro and Burma all entered the office, which double as a conference room, reporting for duty. It was easy for Eve to forget that Motoko's office was much bigger than her office at Central.

Like clockwork, the entire Ghost Organization team took their places on the three big couches that sat in front of a big screen, Batou on the left, Roarke and Dallas on the right. Major Motoko Kusanagi stood in front of her team, displaying her confident leadership skills.

"As many of you know, Lt. Eve Dallas has been temporarily suspended from the NYPSD for a crime she didn't commit, she has contacted me 48 hours ago for our assistance in the case involving the murder of some sidewalk sleepers. I imagine everyone of you has been brought up to date with this case have you not?"

"Yes, Major!" came the unifying reply.

Motoko motioned Eve out of her seat, "As of today until further notice, Lt. Dallas will be in charge of this case and will be my temporary second-in-command. Whatever she says goes, you follow her orders without complaint, is that understood?"

"Yes, Major!"

"Lieutenant, I leave the floor to you," Motoko said after giving Dallas a remote for the TV.

"Thank you, Major," Eve replied and was able to program the TV to display video footage of what Peabody recorded during Feeney and Peabody's visit to the organ labs. "Prior to my suspension, I was originally scheduled to interview Waverly and visit this lab to conduct an interview with Dr. Wu and collect samples of the organs."

Ishikawa raised a hand and Eve acknowledged him to speak, "I did a cross-check of the organs and all the samples have been accounted down the line. Privately donated, brokered, and accessed through public channels."

"Were you able to get info on their data reports on how they use the samples?" Eve asked

"I haven't finished with reading the reports yet, Lieutenant," Ishikawa replied. "But from what I gathered it seems they were using these organs for research on disease and aging."

Eve nodded in acknowledgment, "I've been consulting with Dr. Louise Dimatto with the Canal Street Clinic, she's been helping me cut through the muck of it when I used her expertise."

"I'll be sure to keep her in contact, Lt." Ishikawa replied.

Eve then ordered pictures of the Drake building, "Can any of you tell me what series of droids, Drake uses for security? What manufacturers do self-destruct programs? Explosions, not shutdowns or circuit melts."

Batou raised his hand, "Allegedly the private manufacture of explosives for self-destruct's illegal. A straight deal with the U.S. government and military. Originally their purpose was used for espionage and anti-terrorism. It was supposed to be discontinued five years ago."

"But it hasn't." Roarke cut in while lighting a cigarette. "We manufacture that device for a number of governments, including the United States. As it's what you might call a one-shot deal, it's fairly profitable. Replacement units are in continual demand."

"No private concerns?" Motoko asked.

He acted shocked. "That, Major, would be illegal. No," he added, and blew out smoke. "None. And as far as I know, no other manufacturer sells under the counter privately."

"Well it definitely nudges East Washington in a little tighter." Eve wondered what Nadine Furst could do if the connection leaked. She decided to display crime scene photos of what had been left of Bowers.

"On the surface, this looks like overkill. A frenzy, crime of passion."

Motoko cut in this time, "Your Chief Examiner Morris had it written down as systematic. The killing blow came in first, outside the building. A blunt instrument, long, thick and heavy, struck once, precisely on the left side of the face and head. ME confirms that this caused death. Not instantaneous, but within five minutes, and the victim would not have regained consciousness."

"So why not leave her there and walk away?" Eve asked.

"Job should have been done." Motoko agreed. "But it's obvious the rest of her murder was staging. Drag her inside, take her ID. She was quickly identified through prints as every public cop is on file, then her uniform and ID are found a couple of blocks away in a broken recycle unit. Planted, by my guess. But it would appear, on the surface, that taking her uniform and identification was a ploy to slow or prevent her identification."

"Not that I'm implying anything, Dallas," Saito put in. "But even you're too smart to have done that if you'd whiffed her."

That earned him shakes of heads from both Motoko and Eve. Saito just shook it off "But then again any smart cop would've came to that conclusion quick enough."

"Right. Just more staging," Motoko went on. "Virtually every bone in her body was broken, her fingers crushed, her face battered beyond visual recognition. While it was structured to appear that it was a vicious, mindless attack, it was precise. Programmed," she said turning back.

"A droid." Eve nodded. "It definitely fits."

"There was no other human element. The sweepers and crime scene team didn't find any blood but hers, no skin cells, no hair, nothing. You can't use your fists like that and not split or bruise your own skin. Whoever ordered this missed that step-or knew they wouldn't need it to get you out on a technicality. They're not cops, but it's likely they own some."

Eve's eyelids lowered halfway in a glare. "Rosswell."

"It's too damn obvious." Motoko nodded in agreement. "He knew Bowers, worked out of the same house. He's connected to the other investigation, and he either bungled it or he's covering. Either way, he earned a closer look with us last night. He's got a gambling problem," she added. "We just began looking into how he stands financially tonight."

Eve then turned to the boys, "Batou, I want you and Ishikawa to dig into Detective Rosswell's financials, I don't care how you do it, just get it done. Saito, I want you to dig some connection between Washington and the Drake to explain that droid. Motoko, I want you to contact Louise, see if she can find anything off in the organ records."

"There are likely other records."

This time Eve and Motoko turned fully to Roarke. "What do you mean?" Eve asked.

"I mean that if, indeed, there are illegal activities of a medical nature going on at the Drake, it's highly likely there are careful records of it somewhere. They wouldn't be on the facility's mainframe but buried on another unit."

"How the hell do we find it?"

"I believe I can help you there. But, unless you have a specific target, it will take some time to go through this entire list of suspects."

Motoko and Batou definitely had to give a big hearty laugh at both Eve and Roarke. In turn they looked at the laughing pair as if they suddenly got drunk.

"Tell me honestly, Roarke." Motoko asked after calming down her laughter. "Did you really think I didn't know you and Eve contacted me through an unregistered computer?"

That definitely earned a shock through Eve and Roarke's faces, they knew his Unregistered was supposed to not have any record of their conversation with her saved in public.

"What the Major is trying to say, Roarke." Batou cut in while stealing one of Roarke's cigarettes, "Is that one of the advantages the U.N. gave us is the ability to use our own Unregistered Computers without being caught by Comp-U-Guard. We also have the ability to search any and all properties without the need of warrants. And to top it all off, we can assassinate anybody on our watchlist without being punished for it."

"A full blanket immunity from any and all crimes." Eve murmured and turned to Motoko. "I got one request to make, Major."

"Be my guest, Dallas."

"If we catch this guy, I want him taken alive and given a trial, I don't care if we give the collar to the N.Y.P.S.D so we can cover our own asses, but I want this piece of shit to be locked in a cage and suffering for the rest of his life."

"They were definitely wrong to suspend you, little one," Motoko said in the soft tone she used on Eve as a kid. "You've killed before, but never in cold blood. If anything your preference to see the monster alive in a cage makes me proud of how you use your humanity."

"Let's save the mushy stuff for another time, Major." Eve turned her face back to the boys. "Any word on if Feeney did interviews with Tia Wo or Hans Vanderhaven?"

"From what I gathered in the recording," Ishikawa put in, "Wo was supposed to meet with Feeney over a gold pin. Vanderhaven's taken an unscheduled leave, it's possible that he left for Europe. Prior to us taking over the case, Feeney and Peabody were about to track both of them down."

"If the pin found on-scene belongs to either of them, they'll try to replace it."

12