Death of a Master Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
dweaver999
dweaver999
1,304 Followers

"That's what we thought," Valerie answered with a smile meant to disarm the tension her question had caused. "Fortunately, there is a potential solution to your problem. Both of our proposed advertising solutions start at the same point. We need to give your current line a new identity. Fortunately, this is easily done and, if the ad campaign is started right away, the change should be set in the consumers' minds within three to four months. We propose this," and Valerie tapped a key, projecting her first power point slide on the screen behind her.

"Let me present to you, 'The Playful Lover's series of toys, for those who understand that love is supposed to be fun.' Your current slogan, 'Discriminating toys for the sexually playful,' can remain intact while establishing a name for your products that is separate from the company name itself. Once this campaign has taken root, it will allow one of our other options to be launched, under an entirely new name, while still being a Sylvia's Switch product."

Val watched as their responses showed in their faces. Nelly smiled with obvious pleasure, while the others in the room expressed various levels of interest. As she expected, no one showed signs of dismissing the idea out right, though one face was more thoughtful than glad. She addressed him directly.

"Mr. Glastid, any concerns?"

"Only one," he replied after a few moment's thought. "You said the new identity for the old line would take about three to four months to settle in. We were hoping to launch the new line by then. Is there any way to speed up the process?"

"There won't be a need to speed up the process. In fact, normally, establishing a new identity for a product takes well over half a year. Our plans involved starting the new line's advertising in two months. It will be the distinction between the two lines that will allow both lines to establish their unique identities so quickly. All that's needed is to pick which of the two options for the new line to use."

"Ah, well, let's see these options."

"Of course." Valerie brought up her next slide. There was a photo of a woman's back, marked with red stripes from, apparently, a flogger held in the foreground. The caption read, "Hard Play toys, for those who want to take their playtime to the next level."

"With the Hard Play line, we assume that your customer is still one of the discriminating sexual playful, but that they're ready for a new level of intensity in their play. Much like the difference between playing baseball in your average rec league and playing for a minor league team. In both cases, one is playing baseball, but the level of play is oh so different. The name of the line still emphasizes that these are toys for sexual playtime, but makes it clear that this is a level of play that your current customers haven't experienced, but may well be curious about."

Valerie changed slides again, bringing up the picture of a kneeled woman, collared with hands bound behind her back. A man was standing in the background, his hand grasping her hair. The caption said, "Lifestyle, for when your playtime has become your lifestyle."

"With the Lifestyle line of toys, we make an entirely different assumption about your customers. Here we assume they've explored, played, and discovered something in themselves they didn't know was there. They don't want to play at Master and Slave any more, they want to be Master and slave. For these people, the Playful Lover series just won't do it any more. They need serious toys to live the lives they're choosing." Valerie hit a key on her laptop and the two slides split to show themselves side by side. "All Sylvia's Switch needs to do is choose which approach they want to go with."

"Ms. Burbon, do you have any data on how many people live the lifestyle, as you put it, as opposed to just playing, regardless of how lightly or hard they play?" Nelly asked.

"That's actually an incredibly hard number to pin down. Part of the reason is that the lines are blurred. There are people who live a Master/slave life without ever engaging in anything remotely life BDSM play. Those people are living what I think of as a service lifestyle, where the slave is in service to the Master, but there isn't anything life bondage or discipline involved; sometimes there's not even any sex involved. Others may live a similar life, but engage in pure play that isn't related to the Master and slaves roles in any way. If I were to hazard an educated guess," Val added, seeing that Nelly was going to insist on an answer, "I'd put it at about 10 to 15 percent of our readership that would be interested in a Lifestyle line."

"I assume that would be significantly less than what would be interested in a Hard Play line?"

"Yes, undoubtedly."

"Is there any reason why we couldn't, eventually, open both such lines?"

"No, not at all. Your current line of new toys wouldn't be large enough to support two separate lines, I don't think; but I see no reason why an immediate development of the Hard Play line couldn't be followed up, in a few years, with a third line of Lifestyle toys. Now that I think of it; such a development would be a logical following of your clients as some of their interests continue to grow and expand."

Looking at the others and getting nods of agreement, Nelly announced their decision. "We'll work on developing the Hard Play line. I'll want to work closely with you as we develop an advertising strategy for the identity change and the new line. Can we get an assortment of ads in the next publishing cycle?"

"I think we can do that. Have your secretary contact June and we can, hopefully, get together by the end of the week." Valerie called up a file and nodded. "As I thought. We're in luck. None of the publications you're likely to want to advertise in are going to press this week. If our first strike is to just revise the old ads to represent the new identity, we could have them in The Sensible Submissive and Mastering when they go to press in nine days."

"Excellent, Ms. Burbon," Mr. Juntila said as he stood. "I'll let you two work out the details. I'm glad you were able to find a solution to our problem."

"So am I, Mr. Juntila. I'm looking forward to working with your people."

The meeting broke up and Valerie headed back to her car, dialing June as she did. "June, this is Valerie. You should be getting a call from Sylvia's Switch soon. Do whatever it takes to get them onto my schedule before the week is out. We'll need to redesign their ads in time for next weeks releases of Sensible Sub and Mastering."

"I'll do that. I'm glad the meeting was productive. Sally called the office and wants you to call her back. She said it was important."

"Thanks June. I'll take care of it."

Sitting in her car, Val dialed home. "Sally, this is Val. What's up?"

"Mistress, a lawyer called looking for Susan. He needs to talk with her about Calvin's estate. She's supposed to meet with him in 30 minutes. We're just getting ready to leave."

"Where is the meeting? And does Susan want either of us there for it?"

"Yes she does, both if we can. It's at the Broadmoor professional building, suite 241."

"Okay, I know where that is. I'll meet you there."

"Thank you, Mistress."

Dialing June again, Val let her know where she would be, after making sure her schedule was clear. With no time to catch a quick lunch, Val hoped the meeting wouldn't take very long. 25 minutes later, she was parking her car next to Sally's car, which was already there. Valerie exited the car and gave Sally a hug before turning to Susan.

"How are you doing, Susan?"

"Not very well, Mis…Valerie. I keep expecting Him to walk in, wanting to know why I'm dressed and not in a collar. Does it ever go away, the pain, I mean?"

"No, it never does," Val answered, her face dropping with sadness. "It does get easier to bear, especially when you find someone new you can share your life with." Valerie and Sally's hands found each other instinctively.

"I want Him back so badly. I certainly don't want to be here right now."

"I wouldn't want to either, but it probably has to be done. The sooner we get in there, the sooner it will be over. Come on."

The three women entered the building and proceeded to the second floor where they found the offices of Kyle Grissom, attorney at law. At Val's encouraging, Susan approached the receptionist as she asked, "Can I help you?"

"Yes, I'm…that is, I'm supposed to meet Mr. Grissom?"

"And you would be…?"

"Susan, Susan Thinkle."

"Yes, you're expected. If you'll follow me, your friends can wait out here."

"No!" Regaining control after her outburst, Susan added, "I'd rather they were with me."

"If you wish, I suppose that'll be fine."

Kyle rose to shake Susan's hand as they entered. "Ms. Thinkle, let me express my heartfelt sympathies over your double loss."

All three women looked up in surprise. "Double loss?" Susan asked.

"Yes," he replied, "of your love and Master. Yes," he added to her shocked look, "Calvin let me know the nature of your relationship with him. He did it to protect both of you from overzealousness on the part of the law. I've had to deal with more than one case of BDSM being misconstrued by the legal system. There's been progress, but not enough to protect either of you in your case."

"You mean he wanted it established in advance so if there were any problems from my being his slave, there would be a paper trail?" The intelligent woman that agreed to be Calvin's slave so many years ago was peeking back out of the cocoon of submission she'd been relaxing in.

"Exactly, Ms. Thinkle. The reason, however, that I asked you here today concerns Calvin's will and life insurance."

Susan jerked at the mention of his will, her face clouding in pain. "Do we have to deal with that now?" she begged.

"I'm afraid so. Calvin left me a letter some time ago, instructing me what to do with regards to his slave if he died. That doesn't mean he wanted me to pass you on to someone else. We both understood that your enslavement to him was a voluntary arrangement, one that, legally, you could walk away from without penalty; even though, I'm given to understand, you both acted as if you couldn't leave him of your own free will. He wanted me to explain why the will and insurance was written the way it was."

"Just what are you talking about, Mr. Grissom?"

"You're not mentioned in the will at all, Ms. Thinkle, and the only insurance you're mentioned in is a relatively small policy. About 15 years ago, members of the Freshin family discovered Calvin's lifestyle choice. They reacted rather badly. There was an attempt to have Calvin committed as a danger to others. Given the…intensity that he practices BDSM, keeping him free wasn't the open and shut case one would expect."

"That's horrible," Susan gasped.

"Yes, it is. To make things worse, some of his relatives made it clear that if any of his fortune, and there is a sizable one, was left to any his slaves, they would drag the poor woman through court and attempt to destroy her, or at least her reputation. To forestall that, he never put you in the will, and he only had a supplemental life insurance policy taken out with you as the beneficiary."

"Mr. Grissom, I don't care about the money. If anything, I want Him back."

Susan's composure broke and she started crying softly again. Valerie and Sally moved to comfort their friend who Kyle sat back patiently to wait. It took several minutes before Susan was able to look u[ at Kyle again.

"I'm sorry about that."

"Not at all, Ms. Thinkle. You're holding up better than I expected, actually. The reason I needed to see you so soon is that I've already been contacted by an attorney for his relatives asking when the will is to be read. That's going to be this Friday. I wanted to let you know so you'll have time to get your things from the house. It's likely, you'll be denied access to the house after the will is read."

"I understand. His family won't want his sicko slave anywhere near their things." The venom in Susan's words dripped as her anger rose.

"Actually, that won't be the case. They don't know it yet, but Calvin left his entire estate to charity. Everything is to be sold and the proceeds given to several charities he designated. The relatives will get nothing. It will be the real estate company, if anyone, that will keep you out of the house. Because your status is so…hidden, anything still in the house after the will is read will be assumed to be his, not yours. Get whatever you want out in the next two days. I am sorry to burden you with this so soon after his death, but it needed to be done."

"I understand. It's probably just as well that I'll never meet these people. Is there anything else I need to do?"

"No, part of the estate was set aside to cover any fees I'll generate as executor, and that includes making sure your portion is handled as per his wishes. All you have to do is cash the check when it arrives. Speaking of which, where should it be sent?"

Susan gave him Val's address and thanked him again. The ladies left and returned to their cars. Outside, Susan said, "I knew he didn't see eye to eye with his family, but I had no idea it was about our relationship."

"No," Val corrected, "it wasn't about your relationship, but about his kink. They were…are…intolerant bastards that you shouldn't lose a minute of sleep over. Do you hear me?" she asked, taking Susan's head in her hands.

"Yes, I do. Thank you, Valerie."

"I have to get back to work. I won't be home until late tonight; I'm submitting to Master tonight."

"We'll be fine, Mistress. Take care of yourself."

Back at the office, June let Val know that she was scheduled to see some people from Sylvia's Switch for an extended lunch meeting on Friday. The rest of her work day was as normal as possible, given the absence of one of their editors. The powers that be had put Mary in charge of The Pony's Paddock while a decision on who to hire or promote to the editor's position was being made (her experience when Calvin was in the hospital earlier was standing her in good stead). Julia Spears was hired to write the advice column for the pony play magazine and was expected to have her first column ready by the next publication deadline. By 5:00, Valerie was able to leave the office and drive to Charles' mansion.

Valerie stood at the door and knocked. Her breathing had increased in pace as the anticipation of her submission grew. After nearly three years as Charles' submissive (or slave, if you will), her times with Him never lost that edge of excitement. Charles Vanquil seemed to have unlimited imagination when it came to exerting sexual dominance on his submissives. Valerie's time with him never failed to be a time she enjoyed in some way (though she sometimes didn't enjoy what he did with her).

"Ms. Burbon, It's a pleasure to see you again," Herman said when the door opened. "Master Charles is waiting for you in the study."

"Thank you, Herman." She handed Herman her bag, adding, " I brought a change of clothes in case he wants me to stay the night."

"Very good, ma'am. I'll put these in the first guest room," he answered. Valerie had been at the house enough over the years to know where that was.

Valerie strode down the familiar hall to the room where Charles had first taken her, pressed against the arm of the sofa while his hand sent her into sexual bliss for the first time in the years since her husband had died. At the entrance to the sitting room, she saw him sitting in his favorite chair; high backed with plush burgundy upholstery. With a deep breath, val walked to him and knelt with her head bowed at his feet.

"Valerie, it's so good to see you. How are you holding up?"

"Master, it's not as bad as it could be. Susan decided she didn't want to be dominated, saying it felt too much like she was throwing away her relationship with Calvin. I'm still looking forward to tonight."

"I'm sure you are," he chuckled. "I hadn't though of that aspect when I counseled you. It's probably for the best. Is she holding up okay?"

"As well as could be expected, Master. She had to see Calvin's lawyer today so he could explain why she wasn't in his will. I guess his family wasn't very approving of his involvement in the lifestyle."

"Mine isn't either, but they're smart enough to stay out of my business. Once Susan picks up the things she wants, I'll have several lifestylers remove the equipment from his dungeon. There's no need for his public name to be tarnished by…unfortunate vanilla perceptions. But, enough of that, my little slave. I want to play with you," he said as he stood. He grasped her hair, pulling her head up. "I'm going to hurt you, Valerie. I'm going to enjoy your pain, and then I'm going to fuck your ass."

"Yes, Master," she replied, her body leaping into arousal at the control being exerted on her. "Please, Master, use me as you wish."

"Oh, I will, slave, I most certainly will," he replied with a snarl.

Without letting her up, Charles left the room while Valerie struggled to crawl after him, her scalp in pain from the pulling on her hair. Down the hall they went, to the stairs leading to the basement and the dungeon it housed. Valerie's hair felt like it was being pulled out, even though she knew no such thing would happen. The trip down the stairs was actually easier, as Val's being on a higher step lessened the pressure on her head. At the bottom, he pulled her to her feet and marched her into the main dungeon area.

By the time they reached the suspension chains, Valerie was panting with need, her pussy soaked with her fluids. Charles released her hair, only to grab her wrists and clip her cuffs to the chains hanging from the pulleys above. Val pulled at them, finding no give at all, and moaned with fear tinged desire. "Please," she whispered. In response, Charles grabbed the front of her blouse and pulled hard. The buttons gave way, as well as the fabric. Valerie's bare breasts were exposed, the nipples taut with arousal (her standing orders were to not wear bras or panties).

Charles grabbed her nipples and pinched, pressing with all his strength. Valerie cried in pain and instinctively tried to twist away. Charles' fingers pinched even harder as he yanked her back. Val gasped as waves of agony flowed through her nipples, to her cunt where she juiced even more. Tears leaked from her eyes, tightly closed with her head back. He shook her by her tits, aggravating the pain he was already inflicting. When he finally let go, a new burst of sensation assaulted her as the blood rushed back into the mashed nipples.

With practiced motions, he opened and stripped her pants off, exposing her pussy, juices coating it, to his view. He knelt and fastened her ankle cuffs to rings in the floor, spreading her legs and preventing her from twisting Once Val was secured, Charles picked up one of the instruments he'd set aside earlier. The flogger had long, thin strands of leather that would give a sharp sting Valerie would feel intensely.

From the first stroke, he laid hard into her, letting her feel the full weight of his blows. At the first explosion of pain across her back, Valerie gasped and threw her head back. As the blows continued, she cried out and writhed under the lash of the flogger. Sometimes, Charles used his submissives in a way designed to give them pleasure. This was not one of those times. Charles Vanquil had a sadistic streak and when he let it out of the bottle, he did it for his own pleasure. Today, he also knew that Valerie needed to be taken with no thought to her pleasure. When her life was especially stressful, it was serving him fully that eased her tension and enabled her to better cope with the things in her life that had her at odds.

dweaver999
dweaver999
1,304 Followers