Deception

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jack didn't know which way to look and finally looked at Paul who was grinning.

"Thanks pal, I had an idea you must have made first base with Petra because she's been looking very happy and less sexually demanding."

"I-I don't know what I should say."

"Say nothing pal, that's my advice. Penny said she'd noticed you were away from the office consistently most Wednesdays and that was not at all like you. She hired a private PI to follow you and he saw you enter a motel basement car park. You emerged three hours later. Penny said she was quite sure one of the other people he photographed at some distance away was Petra but she was in a hire car and the car renters wouldn't divulge details. Penny thought that was sufficient evidence to bring to me and I said I would confront Petra."

"Paul I can say that what she has shown you is very flimsy circumstantial evidence."

"I know that but didn't say so and I'm sure she'll realize that. What do you want me to do?"

"Do you really want my answer?"

"Yes."

"Be prepared to divorce her. She is high energy but she's really something Paul and I believe I can play her tune."

"You mean be compatible?"

"Exactly."

"Well I'll speak frankly to you Jack and this is confidential. It's the way out. If a divorce proceeds as far as I'm concerned at this stage I would not contest it and create undue difficulties with settlement."

"Then we should hold tight Paul and wait for things to unravel. As I see it my role now is to confine collateral damage."

"Well expressed Jack. Let's have another beer and talk about something more palatable."

Jack wondered if Penny's PI agent had been Col or someone from the same agency.

That evening Jack arrived home and Penny, astute enough to not have stormed into his office at work, charged up and said, "You asshole. I have strong evidence that you and Petra are having it off."

"Whoa, whoa you hothead. May I say one name to you?"

"What name?"

Jack said it quietly, "Hogan Mace" and watched her eyes flicker and her shoulders slump slightly. She was good. If he hadn't been watching closely he would have probably missed that reaction.

"Please sit and I'll serve wine."

"I'm not sure I ought to drink with you."

"Penny let's approach this like two seasoned adults."

Penny looked at Jack sullenly when he reappeared with the wine, further confirmation he'd defused her.

Good.

Good for both of them actually.

She watched him pour and taking her glass said cheers.

That was another good sign. Well she'd always been a pretty smart operator.

Jack began and Penny appeared to listen in growing fascination because it was the first time she'd even seen Jack in professional mode.

"Of course you are familiar with the term collateral damage?"

"Of course."

"It may interest you to know I've taken steps to the best of my ability to protect you in your position as a junior partner."

"But why?"

"Because of possible venomous fallout if you don't handle this correctly and because Hogan Mace is married to Alf Zeiss's wife's youngest sister."

Penny's face drained of color. "Omigod I didn't know that relationship."

"It's a bit obscure but we don't know how close the sisters are but my thinking is an older sister tends to take a defensive role with a younger sibling not matter what the issue."

"Yes, oh god yes. Please may we keep Hogan's name out of this. I suppose that's as good as a confession?"

"Yes but so what? I'm not talking to you attempting to score points. If we conduct the outcomes proficiently we might end up with pleasing results."

"I very much doubt that."

"Oh woman of little faith, heed what I say."

"But can I trust you?"

"I'm not pleading to you to trust me. I'm asking you to heed what I propose and then I'd expect you to use sound judgment."

"Okay then shoot."

Jack smiled. "Well first let me make a declaration. Yes I have had sex with Petra."

"I knew it."

"I suspect you didn't but had your suspicions."

"How long is it since you began screwing that hot bitch?"

"Please talk nicely Penny and accept length of time is immaterial to this discussion."

Penny sighed and said she conceded that.

"This is confidential Penny and I mean that."

"Okay shoot."

"Paul told me this evening that you'd approached him with circumstantial evidence that Petra and I might to having it off."

Penny shouted, "Dad the asshole. He told me he'd talk to Petra. He made no mention of talking to you and neither would I expect him too based on the small amount of evidence collected so far."

"Well despite telling you that he's changed his mind. My feeling he doesn't want Petra to know at this stage that he knows and I'd like it kept that way."

"Oh you clever asshole. You've told your mom to position her as an effective backstop but the idea is Paul is open to the idea of divorcing Petra and you then move to end our marriage and you and Petra sail off in the sunset, to Australia I suppose because you have dual citizenship."

"Ah very good and a very sharp mind. But I aim to have things happen with even greater precision than that. Paul told me he wouldn't contest the marital dissolution providing it proceeds smoothly, I guess meaning no extravagant demands from Petra. With that underway you and I then commence divorce proceedings and there is no good reason for anyone to make any connection between you, me, Paul and Petra. It's simply two divorces proceeding and even not exactly concurrently. You might decide to keep the lease up on the apartment and either establish a love-next with Hogan or even install a new guy. Petra and I keep our jobs and move in together when we think the timing in right."

Penny appeared to be thinking deeply.

"What?"

Penny waited a few seconds and said, "You brilliant asshole. I emerge from this with my reputation intact and you father Silas and therefore his partners know nothing about you fucking my stepmother that could well have caused a ruckus. This has to be an absolutely brilliant outcome. Even if Silas and partners hear rumors that's all it will be, rumors in the absence of disclosed evidence of social misconduct and the absence of any confessions."

"Exactly."

"Let's no delay Jack. Let's initiate our divorce proceedings in the morning as dad will fluff around a bit consulting before he files. You have been okay but I find Hogan is very much more sensitive to me because he does what he's told, um, largely. I want to get on with my new life."

Paul went outside with his phone and called Petra while Penny was having a bath before they went out to dinner.

"Hi Jack."'

"Hi Pet and I know I said I wouldn't call you at home but walk outside with your phone so we'll have complete privacy."

There was a delay and then she said she was outside and could see anyone if they approached.

"Penny and I have agreed to divorce after I confessed to her allegations I've been having sex with you. She possessed no strong evidence but I saw confession as a welcomed opportunity. We will begin legal proceedings in the morning."

"Omigod and so within a few months you'll be a free man?"

"Within six months of filing, yes, and providing there are no unexpected hiccups and none are likely. We have no children so that's fine."

"Do you want children?"

"Yes."

Petra sighed. "Please marry me Jack."

"Yes I accept. Now please go and keeping very calm suggest to Paul you two divorce because your age difference is resulting in rifts, especially between him and his friends. Don't be any more specific and for goodness sake don't confess you have been fucking the ass off me and don't mention Penny and I are divorcing. Believe me Petra it is not necessary to admit to adultery and to name me. I'm sure Jack will accept the soundness in your statement that because of age difference you too are finding the gap between you is widening."

"I believe in you Jack. I'll do exactly what you say."

"Great my pretty one."

"When can we fuck?"

"I'll book into the motel this Saturday to occupy the room between 11:00 and 2:00. I know Penny will be otherwise occupied during those times."

"I'd like to be taken on the breakfast bar Jack. That will be a new experience for me."

"For me also baby. Let's work hard to keep our relationship live and innovative. You are such a good fuck darling."

"Oooh Jack. You say such the nicest things to me. I think I'm leaking a wee bit."

THE END