Deep Blue Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I tried to get to him before I lost sight of him but he disappeared into the flow of people. I ducked in after him, but fighting the crowd was like fighting a mindless beast. For every two steps forward, I'd be forced to take one to the side. In seconds I lost sight of him and cursed under my breath.

Trish was right behind me when I stopped. "I think he left something at the table," she said. When I looked back over at the table he'd been sitting at, I saw that a CD case was sitting on the table.

I cut off the busboy cleaning the tables and snatched it up. It was a plain CD case with an unlabeled disk inside. Also inside was a folded piece of paper. I pulled it out and read the terse note.

This might help you find out who tried to hurt you. I wish I could do more but if they find out I took this to give to you I'll be toast. The video is crappy and it's dark but it shows at least the shape of the guy that hit you. I'd try to do more but I'm already in hot water for getting involved at all.

Signed

A Friend

I put the note back into the case and slipped it all into my purse. Then I motioned for Trish to follow me.

"Come on," I said. "We need to get this into Hawk's hands and then it's time to get dinner ordered."

Trish frowned at me. "But this is more important than dinner and stuff. We should focus on this."

I shook my head. "I refuse to let this dominate my life. Dinner and stuff is what I want to think about tonight. I need to have those bright thoughts now."

Trish nodded and somehow managed to look both eager and apprehensive as we started back toward the suite.

*

Author's Note: Some of my previous stories are eligible for awards. Please click my name at the bottom of this page and see my biography for details. Thanks, Wine.

12