Defying Gravity Ch. 02

Story Info
Something is not the same.
6.3k words
4.47
25.2k
1
2

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 03/16/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

1...

My hand was resting on her hip, outside her denims, when the sound of a car pulling into the driveway broke the spell. I felt a shudder run through Mom as she started to move away. I couldn't quite figure what was in her eyes when she looked at me; I thought it was sadness at first but there was something else there too. I started wondering if she was feeling guilty.

Mom was in the kitchen when Dad entered the house through the garage. I could hear them talking. Switching off the television I headed to my room.

2

Breens was crowded as I stepped up to the microphone. Looking across the sea of faces I saw Jane sitting with Becca and Charlie. They had commandeered three tables; they were sitting front and centre of the stage. I knew that Mom was standing at the back of the room. She was with Aunt Paula and Uncle Bob had tagged along too. I wasn't surprised that dad hadn't come along. Friday was one of his bowling nights. Catching Becca's eye I nodded and watched as she quickly spoke to Charlie. Quickly gaining their feet they slipped through the crowd. When they reappeared Charlie had my Mom by the hand, Aunt Paula and Uncle Bob followed behind, herded along by Charlie. If you are wondering Charlie is Charlotte, Becca's older sister.

The band of fellow students started to play the intro of the first song when Mom appeared. I could see the shock on her face as she stepped into the light and saw me up close for the first time; though I'm not sure if it was because I knew that she was there or from my appearance.

Mom hadn't seen me since breakfast. After school I had immediately gone to Becca's parents' home. Charlie washed and cut my hair that afternoon. I didn't know how my hair should be and left it to Charlie and Becca to tell me their ideas. The first steps outside were character building as the three of us went shopping and it was Becca who talked me into buying a black suit, white shirt. It was Charlie who then took me by surprise by producing a hat that would block the harsh stage lights from my eyes and cast a shadow across my face.

Looking into Mom's eyes I smiled and my heart and confidence lifted when she returned my smile tenfold.

Me and Ms Jones, we got a thing, going on. We both know that it's wrong...

I sang to just one person in the audience. As the last note faded I closed my eyes as the applause filled the room. Jane, Becca and Charlie were on their feet, yelling for more. I looked at Mom and now saw tears rolling down her cheeks. The band was already into my next song.

Oh my bags are packed, I'm ready to go. I'm standing here outside your door...

Stepping off the stage I was assaulted.

"Why didn't you tell us that you could sing like that?" squealed Jane. I shrugged. I saw a wicked look in her eye. I simply shrugged my shoulders. "You are full of surprises."

Becca simply walked up to me and gave me a hug.

Charlie waited for her turn, like Jane she held me in a tight embrace; only, before she released me I felt the brush of her lips against my scarred cheek. I stared at her in disbelief. Charlie being Charlie gave me a mischievously wicked smile.

Turning to look for Mom I discovered her chair was empty. Anxiously I looked around, to my relief I found her and Aunt Paula hugging each other. They broke apart and then Mom was there, standing with me.

"Look at you," she said, tugging off my hat and putting it on her head. I was suddenly worried if she liked it.

"Do I look ok?" Only one person's opinion mattered to me.

"Better than ok," she answered. She tilted the hat so that it cast a shadow over her eyes. "Now everyone will know that I'm your girl."

"Always," I answered easily.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and was dragged back to the stage. Slinging my acoustic guitar strap over my shoulder I looked at Mom and Aunt Paula as they animatedly chatted together as I started to play a familiar guitar riff and watched them fall silent, turn and look at me with astonishment in both their eyes.

Where it began...

The entire bar joined in on the chorus. I ended the song holding the last note, feeling all the emotion I had in the words. The crowd erupted again with Charlie, Jane, Mom and Aunt Paula as my head cheerleaders. As I stepped off the stage Mom dashed across the dance floor and wrapped her arms around my shoulders. Laughing she slipped her arm through mine as we walked back to our table. As I took my chair, Mom tapped me on my shoulder; I was looking away when she sat on my lap. Instantly I felt my cock instantly harden and push up against her ass. Mom continued to laugh and chat to Uncle Bob and Aunt Paula without missing a beat.

Becca was next up on stage and started to sing Carrie Underwood's Last Night.

Last Night I got served...

Luckily I was saved as Mom jumped up and dragged me up on to the dance floor. Becca seamlessly flowed from Carrie Underwood into Taylor Swift's 'You belong to me'. Mom and I danced to both of Becca's songs.

My night wasn't over as Becca was asked on stage for one more song; this time she dragged me along with her. I whispered in her ear and received a wicked smile. We quickly passed word to the rest of the band. The crowd fell silent as Becca started to play the familiar intro.

Imagine there's no heaven...

Breens fell silent and reverberated with our voices through the entire song. Part way through our next number I noticed that Uncle Bob was dancing with Mom, or maybe a more accurate description would be swaying in the spot; Aunt Paula was dancing with a guy who was vaguely familiar, whilst Jane and Charlie were both up there too; a couple of guys had asked them to dance. At the end of the song Becca and I were done. If nothing more we had aced the assignment, but we had both got more from the night. We stepped off the stage to a thunderous applause and wild cheering we walked over to where everyone waited for us. Uncle Bob was the first, welcoming me with a handshake, only to pull me into an embrace.

"What you did tonight took a lot of guts. Your Aunt Paula and I are damned proud of you." Aunt Paula grabbed me next, enveloping me in a bear hug. It took all my energy to breathe.

"Uncle Bob, help."

Uncle Bob started laughing, "You made her cry, so you make her stop."

Jane and Charlie were queuing up and he took pity on them, taking Aunt Paula from me. Jane jumped me first and Charlie, impatient to get in on the act made it three. Finally I looked for Mom. She was there, her eyes were shining.

"Hey, have you got one of those for me?" she teased.

"Scootch on over here," I answered. Mom giggled, moved across the narrow distance that separated us and wrapped her arms around my shoulders.

"I cannot begin to tell you how proud I am of you tonight," she said quietly and personally. Pushing back she spoke in a louder voice.

"When Becca and Charlotte appeared we knew that you must have seen us sneak in."

"Becca's mom didn't happen to mention tonight to you and Aunt Paula when you were at the gym last Friday then?" At first Mom looked confused and then he face soften as she realised that she had been set up.

"I am so going to get you for this." I laughed, which only earned me a poke in the ribs. I laughed and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Am I still your girl?"

"For as long as you are wearing my hat." I answered.

Becca shouted for me to get back on stage. She actually said, "Wash, get your ass back up on this stage right now." The whole room erupted with laughter and then into cheers. Jumping on stage I looked at Becca and without a word she started to play her keyboards. We finally stopped performing at midnight, our last song was Sweet Caroline and the whole room sang along with us.

I had arrived with Becca and Charlie but drove the minivan home, making a detour on the way to drop Uncle Bob and Aunt Paula off at their house. I was still buzzing when we arrived home but Mom was emotionally exhausted. As expected Dad was home when we returned and had already retired to bed; he had an early tee time the next morning. Being honest I wasn't that put out. We didn't have a typical father/son relationship; Mom was the one who sat down with me each night as I did my homework. It was Mom that taught me how to look after myself, I can launder my own clothes, but, hell, don't tell Becca or I'll never live it down; she also taught me how to ride a bike and how to swim in Aunt Paula's pool. Mom had been the one to sit at my bedside when things were really bad during my rehab.

Dad was noticeable by his distance. At first it bothered me but not that much anymore. It was one of the subjects that I had brought up with Mom but she explained that he was busy at work. It was the first time in my knowing that Mom had lied to me; I never asked her that question again.

I shook the strange thoughts of my father out of my head as I half carried and half walked Mom upstairs to her room. I watched as she sat on the end of her bed; Mom and dad had slept in separate beds for the last couple of years. I couldn't sleep and headed downstairs.

"Honey?" The sound of Mom's voice took me by surprise and I jumped in the chair. Mom let out a little giggle and all at my expense.

"Hey, watch it," I said before turning towards the door to the hallway. Watching was exactly what I was doing.

When I saw her standing there I was stunned into silence by the sight of her standing there in a halo of light. The light from the stairs had made her cotton nightdress opaque. I could see the dark sweep of her waist through the fullness of her hips and along the slender sculpted slope of her legs. My eyes swiftly move up to her breast. They were unrestrained, her nipples pushing against the light cotton. I could see the dark circles of her areola. God, my Mom had the most wonderfully perfect breasts. I lowered my eyes and then instantly saw the dark shadow at the junction of Mom's inner thighs. I suddenly felt pain in my groin and the imminent need to adjust my hardening cock.

Mom just stood there.

"I'm too wired to sleep," I said to explain. Turning away I quickly adjusted my cock. The pain eased and I felt my cock grow even harder. I have porn; hell, every normal guy my age has some stashed away, on as hard drive and under a secret filename. I had a selection of material, I will admit. I didn't need it now. I had something better, something real, something that was mine to keep in my mind.

"I was wondering if your offer to go riding with you tomorrow is still open."

"Sure," I said a little too enthusiastically.

"Then we should get some sleep; don't you think" I nodded.

Mom stood there for a few moments longer. "You made me so proud tonight."

"You make me proud every day," I answered and then felt the heat of embarrassment start to rise in my cheeks as I realised what I had just said.

Moms smiled softly, "We don't need to start out too early, do we?"

I shook my head and laughed, "No."

I suddenly had a flash of an idea. "I was thinking that we could head over to Denman and ride up to the waterfall."

Mom nodded as I spoke. "It sounds good to me. I'll see you in the morning Honey."

"Good night Mom."

"Good night Honey."

I watched her turn and instantly became mesmerised by the ebb and flow of her butt as she started walking up the stairs. She must have known that I was watching her as she seemed to have a tush push as she climbed each step. If Mom's breast were perfect her ass was sublime. I closed my eyes and watched replay after replay of Mom's ass moving beneath the sheer nightdress.

~

I woke later than usual to find sunlight flooding into my room the following morning. My bedside alarm flashed 08:10 into my brain. Rising I showered and dressed in my usual biking gear. Heading downstairs I could hear Mom moving about in the in the kitchen.

"Morning," I yawned suddenly. Mom laughed.

"Good Morning to you too, Mr Sleepy Head." I shook my head in horror as memories of when I was five appeared before me. Mom was one of the morning people.

We breakfasted on oatmeal and OJ. After breakfast I fixed the bike carrier to the minivan and secured both bikes. Mom had changed from her denims and a blouse to black cycling shorts and a bright yellow and grey Lycra riding top. Returning inside I grabbed my pack containing tools, puncture repair kits, a map, a small med-kit, my cell and a compass. Mom was waiting at the van. We chatted about nothing in particular during the ride to Denman. There were six cars in the parking lot at the foot of the trail to the waterfall when we arrived. Before we set off I went over the three trails that we could take up to the falls. We headed along the blue trail, it was longer as it followed the valley around the mountain and the gradients were easier. The Black Trail was my usual route.

I let Mom set the pace as we rode side by side. A couple of time we came across other riders and I pulled ahead slightly until we passed and then fell back to ride alongside, with Mom on my right. The ride started off gently with a smooth climb before flattening out as it cut along the edge of the tree line along the north side of the valley. Our ride was accompanied by the sound of the fast flowing Den River in the valley below.

Denman and the Den River were both named after the first family of settlers to enter the valley and stay. A few house soon bloomed into a small town that flourished when the sudden housing boom required timber. As Denman was built on the timber industry Billington grew around the tractor plant. Later the Montana Forestry Commission located itself at the small regional airport. During the summer months Billington airport rivalled Detroit and Pittsburgh for flight movements, with hundreds of water bombing aircraft and helicopters landing and taking off each day.

You can hear the thunder of the waterfalls before they came into sight. The sound rumbled inside. You are still a mile and half away when you first spot the cascades through the trees. Mom slowed as she saw the rainbow created by the sunlight and spray.

"Quick, make a wish," I said.

"I'm way ahead of you," she answered. Mom pushed away and a few seconds passed before I set off after her. I could hear her humming and only as I drew closer did I recognise the tune. I sang along with her in my mind. My mind replayed random thoughts from the previous night. The sound of Mom's tune brought back images of Aunt Paula dancing with Sean. I knew him. I know that I've met him. Slowly it dawned on me. Not where but with who. The last half a mile to the waterfall was downhill and Mom pulled away as I coasted down the slope. She was already off her bike and looking up at the cascade as I slowed and pulled to a stop. We stayed for thirty minutes before headed back along a different trail which took us down to the river. In all, the ride took just under three hours as we stopped several times on the return.

Turning into Summerhill we were chatting when I suddenly lost all trace of thought on what we were talking about and fell silent. Sitting in the passenger seat Mom gave an involuntary giggle as she look at the shocked expression on my face. I stared at my truck that was not as expected, sitting in Uncle Bob's workshop, but was parked in the driveway. It looked even better than I ever imagined.

"Surprise," Mom said, breaking me from my trance.

I was in a trance as I unloaded the bikes and then cleaned and serviced them ready for the next time. All the while I went outside to check that it wasn't a dream. I was just finishing when Mom shouted.

"Honey, Becca's on the phone." I hurried inside. Mom had answered the kitchen extension and hung around as I chatted to Becca. I could see that she was only hearing half of the conversation.

"OK, I'll see you at seven. Catch you later."

"Are you going out?" I detected a hint of disappointment in Mom's voice.

"I got a date," I announced and then ran upstairs. Forty minutes later I was back in the kitchen. Mom took one look at me and smiled. I was wearing my favourite white cotton shirt, tan chinos, boots and had a white bandana to mask the scars at the open collar.

"You're date is a lucky girl," she said and then glanced at the clock on the wall. It was only sex-thirty. "You're a little early, don't you think?"

I laughed, "I'll park up outside her house and honk the horn. I'll give her twenty minutes and if she's not ready by then I'll go to dinner on my own."

Mom laughed, "Becca won't like that."

I smiled, "I won't be late."

"Have a nice time Honey," Mom wished me. I saw the sadness in her eyes when I kissed her cheek.

Hurrying to my truck I sat in the driver's seat for a moment to take in the smell of new upholstery. The engine fired first time and ran like a dream. Shifting the selector into gear I gave Mom a wave as I reversed down the driveway into the street. It was a short drive but I took a few wrong turns as I started to get the feel of my new wheels. I pulled up out front of her house and smiled to myself as I honked the horn twice. I saw a curtain move in an upstairs window and set for a wait.

My date appeared twenty two minutes later. If I was a betting man I'd wager that she had been ready at least five minutes and was just making a point. Her appearance stole my breath and forced me to look twice. She was wearing an LBD I can't remember seeing her in a dress before. It caressed her figure from the slope from her breast across the sweep of her flat stomach to the flair of her hips. It came to mid thigh showing off her perfect legs. I didn't need to see the rest to know how it fit her butt. She carried a small purse and a shawl over her arm. She looked awesome. Sliding from the driver's seat I hurried around to the passenger side and opened the door.

"You look absolutely..." I had momentary brain freeze. I know Mom age but she looked ten years younger and even younger when I looked into her eyes. "Wow!"

She smiled, "thank you." She said breathlessly. "That is probably the best compliment ever."

"I was being honest," I answered.

"That's why it's the best."

There is a knack to climbing into a car or even a truck when wearing a short dress. If I asked my Math teacher it would be all about geometry, you know angles and that BS. She should have explained the leg flash to every teenage guy in that classroom; we would have nailed that year's paper.

She put her butt on the edge of the tan leather seat, raised her legs and twisted. As she did so her dress slid up her smooth tanned legs. My eyes bugged out of my head when I saw the edge of her pants. They were sheer, white and lace. Instantly I felt my cock grow. Hurrying back around to the driver's side I climbed aboard. I was smiling to myself as I started the engine.

"A girl need time to get ready for a date," she said quietly.

"You couldn't look more awesome if you had had all day." I suddenly felt the flush and heat of embarrassment rising in my throat.

"My date doesn't look bad either," she said. "So, where are we going?"

We were going to the Jade Garden in the Quadrant. The Quadrant was four square blocks to the south of the town square where, seven years ago, cars were prohibited. Soon it became a thriving venue for restaurants, diners, galleries and shops. The Jade Garden was a particular favourite of mine and Mom's.

"It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you."

Finding a parking spot on a Saturday evening usually took ten or so minutes. We dropped on lucky as we spotted a car reversing out of a spot as we turned in. She waited for me to open her door. I was gifted with another glimpse of her perfect tanned legs as she climbed out of the passenger seat. I felt her slip her arm through mine as we headed into the Quadrant. She leaned in closer.

"Just in case I forget, I really enjoyed myself tonight and I'd like a second date, real soon. But don't have any ideas that you are going to get lucky. I'm not one of those girls."

12