Demon Hearts Ch. 01-03

Story Info
When you find out everything is a lie.
2.9k words
4.34
5.2k
8
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is not my first time writing but this is my first time submitting here. This is actually part of a series I am writing for publication so I thought I would try it out here. There is no sex in this submission but there will be soon. I hope you like it and constructive criticism is appreciated. Negative garbage you can keep to yourself.

*****

Kiya couldn't believe her friends talked her into this trip. She didn't want to be in Scotland. She wanted to be home with her books and her wolves. She was going to bring books with her on the trip but Sam and Alyssa said no. This was a trip for fun. They were going to find hot Scottish men and spend three weeks of debauchery. At least that was their plan, Kiya still brought her Nook with her. But she wouldn't be reading it tonight. Tonight they were going to some club here in Edinburgh. It was supposed to be some exclusive club that Sam's dad had gotten them admission to. Her dad was a big deal. Kiya wasn't quite sure what he did but back home he owned lots of businesses including a couple of night clubs.

She had never gone to any as her father had forbidden her saying it wasn't the best crowd there. She was pretty sure he wouldn't allow this either. She was surprised she was allowed to come on this trip. She didn't even have to beg like she usually did. Sam asked him if she could go with them and he all but packed for her. He said this would be an opportunity for her to get out in the world and experience life away from the wilderness. But the wild was everything to Kiya. She felt at home there; like she belonged there. And her wolves...at first she was afraid of them when she first saw them but they were babies like herself. She was just six when she found the first ones.

She was sitting by her favorite tree while her father was fishing. It has always been just her and her father. She never knew her mother and her father never talked about her. She had been sitting reading a book when she heard what sounded like a whine and rustle in the woods behind her. She looked over to her father but could see that he hadn't heard anything. The curious child that she was put her book down and ventured for a peak. As she got closer the whining got louder. Kiya peaked behind a bush and saw the cubs lying next to their dead mother. Kiya looked around to find the predator but didn't see anything. When she looked closely at the mother she saw that her throat had been ripped out. Before she could back up she heard her father behind her.

"Kiya, what are you doing child?" he asked coming closer.

She held her hand up to bid him forward. "Papa, come look. I think she is dead."

Noah, her father, ran over to where she was and picked her up out of the way before seeing what she was staring at. When he saw the scene he told her to stay back while he examined further. The throat of the mother wolf had indeed been torn out but it had happened some time ago. Before they showed up. The cubs were no more than a few weeks old and would not be able to survive on their own. He knew he would have to bring them with him and then come back and investigate further. He picked the two small cubs up and carried them over to the truck where Kiya had retreated to.

"Here keep an eye on these two while I go get the rest of our things." He said as he put them in the front seat with her.

"They won't bite?" she asked afraid and fascinated at the same time.

"No, but they are hungry. We will feed them when we get home. Now stay here." He warned.

Kiya sat with the cubs but sitting away from them. When one of them came towards her she jumped a little but then relaxed when the little cub rested his head on her lap. She sat there rubbing its soft fur when the other one came over and licked her face. That's how her father found her when he came back to the truck. They took the cubs back home and took care of them until they could fend for themselves. But whenever she ventured into the forest they knew where to find her. They were her wolves.

Kiya was taken out of her memory by Sam barreling into the room.

"Come on slow poke. It's time to get ready to party!"

"Ugh!" She moaned. "Alright give me fifteen minutes and I'll be ready."

She went to the bathroom to get dressed. Since it was a rather warm night she decided on a medium length skirt and a matching tank top with knee high boots. She rarely wore makeup because her pouty lips were naturally red and her reddish-brown skin had a natural glow. She left her natural back length curly hair out. She was now ready to go. When she stepped out of the bathroom Callie whistled.

"Now here's a side of you we haven't seen before. Come on turn around. Give us a look." She teased.

Kiya blushed but turned around.

"Cool tattoo Kiya." Sam was referring to the paw prints on her left shoulder.

"That's not a tattoo. It's a birthmark."

"Cool!" Callie and Sam exclaimed.

"Whatever...let's just go before I change my mind." Kiya headed for the door.

When they got outside there was a car waiting to take them to the club. Apparently Sam's father arranged transportation for them while they were there. The driver opened the door for the girls and they got inside. As Kiya stepped inside she thought she heard the driver say, "Welcome Princess."

2.

As soon as she walked in Kallen knew. He felt her as soon as she landed. He had been waiting for her for several years. Ever since the first time he saw her when he was in the States. She was just a little girl then so he couldn't do anything. It had been hell on him for having to wait but he made her father promise to send her when she was of age but her father insisted that she attend college first. He agreed but it had been difficult. He made sure to stay far away from her. He had been waiting for over 80 years for a mate. Not just any mate but a bonded mate. It was rare for his kind which is why so many of them just take any mate they were compatible with. But he knew that he would be bonded so he waited. The fact that she was halfling was puzzling. He's never knew of a Halfling being able to bond but yet he felt it with her. He knew she was. He knew what she was. After talking to her father he was able to confirm it. She was a rare kind of demon. And her father, her REAL father, was the king. She did not know all this of course but her proximity to him will intensify her powers; the ones she doesn't even know she had. He would be sure to let her know who he was tonight."

"Hey Boss, they're here." Dalton, the driver announced as he walked into the upper office.

"Yea I know. I felt her."

"Then why are you here and not down there claiming your mate?" His brother Curran asked him.

"I'm going, but I don't want to scare her."

"So why don't you start with buying her a drink? The moment she comes in contact with you she will know anyway."

Kallen sat for a while longer thinking how he was going to approach her. He knew that when she found everything out she was going to freak. But then again her father says the unusual stuff never fazes her.

"Kal...go. You can't sit here all night." Curran encouraged him.

"Yeah...I'm going." Kallen got up from the desk and headed to the door.

Kallen and his clan were demons. Not your hell-fire demons. These were a special type. Sent here to earth to protect the human race from the not so nice demons. The real hell-fire ones. Satan's own minions. There were different elements of demons. He was one of the most powerful of demons being a fire demon. There were also water, air, earth and the rare heart demons. There were also ice demons. Kiya was a mixed demon which was an even rarer demon. She was an earth and heart demon with a splash of fire thrown in there. Her father Alex is the King of the earth demons and her mother was an Arch-Angel. Their love was forbidden and as soon as Kiya was born she died. Alex knew she wouldn't be safe with him until she came fully into her powers so he asked his friend, a human shaman named Noah, to care for her. Alex had saved Noah once so Noah felt he owed him. He knew what Alex was and he knew what Kiya would become. His job was to keep her as human as possible so no one would discover what she was.

When the Alex asked Kallen to check in on them while he was in the US he never expected Callen's reaction to Kiya. When Kallen came to report to Alex he told him that he was to be bonded to Kiya. Alex was quite pleased. Kallen was the prince of his demon-kind. His father was Alex's best friend. There couldn't have been a better match. The only problem was at the time Kiya was only 12. Alex insisted that he wait until she was 18 in human years. But then Noah asked that she finish college as that was Kiya's wish. As hard as it was for Kallen, he agreed. Now newly graduated, she was here at the encouragement of her friend Samantha another earth demon. Samantha's family had been sent to help protect Kiya once she got to college. There had been rumors about her existence so her father thought she needed extra protection. After graduating from college, Alex encouraged Sam's father to arrange this trip. It was time for Kiya to take her place by Kallen's side as his mate and future queen.

3.

Kiya felt it before she saw him. She just knew someone was watching her. The moment he reached her she was not at all startled. For some reason she was expecting him. When he started to speak she thought her insides would melt. No one should sound that sexy. His voice was a rich deep baritone. He had the sexiest Scottish lilt. His voice wanted to make her do whatever he said. She was so wrapped up in his voice she didn't hear what he said until he repeated it.

"May I buy you a drink?" Kallen could see the affect he was having on her and he smirked.

Kiya came out of her trance, "Oh, sorry, no I don't drink."

"But you are drinking something."

"Just ginger ale."

"Fine then I'll buy you another. Or perhaps you'll enlighten me with a dance."

Kiya didn't know why but she acquiesced to the dance. She really hated dancing. She knew she had two left feet. But she wanted to dance with him. She wanted to feel this man's arms around her. As they walked to the dance floor she studied him from behind. She was your average height for a woman, around five-six but he was at least a foot taller. She could tell that even with the form fitting purple shirt, he was all muscle underneath. His hand had a strong but gentle grip while he was leading her to the dance floor. There was also something very familiar about him. She couldn't put her finger on it. She figured maybe he just reminded her of someone. By the time they got to the dance floor a slow song started playing and Kallen pulled her into his embrace. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he pulled her close wrapping his arms around her waist. For some reason him holding her this close didn't seem odd. Actually it was quite comforting.

"I've been waiting all night for this moment." He whispered in her ear which sent shivers straight between her legs.

"You...you were? How did you even know I was here?" She was feeling confused. First she was confused then she kept having this feeling of familiarity.

"I always know where you are. Can you not feel it?" He asked breathily. Her smell was driving him crazy. Her strawberry shampoo and her natural smell was driving him crazy. His pants were becoming quickly uncomfortable.

Kiya took a deep breath and inhaled him in. That's when it hit her. She remembered him from when she was younger. She was 12 and he came to visit her father. She overheard something about her being mated to him and when she asked her father what it meant he had told her that she was slated to marry him when she got older. Even then she thought he was gorgeous. But then after he left she forgot about him. It was almost like he didn't exist. But now everything is coming back. She pulled back to look at his face. He knew then that she remembered.

He pulled her close to him again. "Would you like to go somewhere quiet to talk?"

Kiya just nodded. Kallen led her to the back of the club to a narrow hallway. Behind a door was a hidden elevator which he took to the third floor. There it opened to an apartment. It was so luxurious. It didn't have a lot of windows but It had screens against one wall that emulated the outside night sky. There was a black leather sectional that took up the middle of the reception room with a marble coffee table and end tables. On one wall was a marble fireplace with a sixty inch television over it. Before she could take more in he led her to the sectional.

"Would you like something to drink while we talk?" he asked her.

"Water please." She answered and watched as he disappeared into double doors off the reception area. When he came back he carried a bottle of water for her and a glass of red wine for himself.

"Where would you like me to start?" he would leave it up to her to how much she took in.

"The beginning is always the best place. Who are you and why do I feel like I've known you forever?"

"First let me ask you a question. Do you believe in the supernatural? Do you believe in Angels and Demons?"

"Yes...of course. Who doesn't?"

"Do you believe they exist here on earth? Not just in Heaven or Hell?"

"I suppose they do."

"Well they do. You have demons that are here on this earth but not the demons most people think of. Not the red horned demons of mythology. No...these demons are special. They here for the protection of the human race. They were sent here instead of Angels because it was too tempting for Angels to want to mate with humans which was quite dangerous. That is why we have the Fallen. These demons could mate with humans but no child could come from their unions. They are hidden amongst the human race and very hard to tell apart from them except by other demons. Angels on the other hand stuck out too much because of the soft glow their skin let off. So they have not been here on earth in human form for at least a millennium. But demons, we have been here for at least two millennium."

"Wait...you just said we. Are you a demon?" Kiya asked.

"Yes, Kiya. I am a demon. As are you."

Kiya almost spit her water out of her mouth. "I'M WHAT?!

"A demon. An earth demon mostly...with a little heart and fire thrown in." he said matter of fact.

"An earth demon...heart...fire? What? Sounds like Captain Planet or something." She mumbled.

"Each demon-kind has an element. Mine is fire. I control...well obviously fire. You are mainly and earth demon like your father which means you can control things of the earth. Plants, animals, mountains...anything of this earth. A heart demon is rare. They can control emotions and read emotions of others around them. They can tell if a person is sick or lying or afraid and the like. They can even heal. They are our healers when we get injured in battle. They can even heal. They are our healers when we get injured in battle."

"Hold on." Kiya interrupted, "Battles? Healing? My father? My father is a shaman not an earth demon. And as far as healing that is something he taught me how to do."

"Kiya Noah is not your real father. He was your caretaker. He was put in place to protect you from those who wished to kidnap or destroy you. Your father is Alexander Nikolov. The king of the earth demons. You are a princess." Kallen waited for her to speak but she appeared speechless. She was trying to take it all in.