Demon's Grace Ch. 28-31

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You are going to stay here all night?" He laughed and sat down where he was.

I scooted closer to him. "Tell me what you were doing with Regina and I will tell you what she told me."

He shrugged, "She was determined to be the witch that was ripping apart demons' minds. My elders sent me in to find out how and why."

"Did you find out anything?"

He looked steadily at me with his emerald eyes before answering, "I found out that when she sleeps it is as if in a trance." He laughed, "Well, I guess when she did sleep. She also was a witch who went to a lot of churches. She would scream at me about being evil and repenting my sins." He looked expectantly at me.

I nodded, "Sounds about what she said to me."

"If you would have let her finish I would have found out how she did it," he said sternly.

I threw a rock at him. It sailed through and hit him in the arm. He didn't even move out of the way. "You're a shit, Vi. Anyway, I'm not a demon."

"Right," he said sarcastically. "Why are you trapped in her cage then?" He threw a rock back at me, which I dodged.

I glared at him, "Shut the fuck up. Do you want to know or not. I assume you need to report back to your superior."

"Now you're just being mean," he responded calmly.

Oddly enough we both laughed, maybe it was the tension in the air. I sighed and his face turned serious, "She talked about seeing an angel in her dreams that taught her how to take the evil out of demons."

"That was all."

"That's not enough! Hmm... well, there was the whole, 'you're evil, Dove and I'm gonna get you, my pretty', but I don't think that's too important."

He looked thoughtfully at me and then grinned, "You are evil you know."

"No shit?" I asked playfully.

"No shit."

We laughed again and Vi stood up. "Good luck on getting out of your cage."

I saluted him from the ground, "Come visit the zoo again."

I stayed there for awhile contemplating the thought that I just killed not only another human life, but someone I knew. The thought disturbed me that I may very well be evil. I furrowed my brow and worked on finding the key to the pattern, distracting myself from my thoughts.

I wove the burning lines through my mind, frying my magic to an almost imperceptible level and then having to wait until I could sense it again. I sobbed and pinched my eyes closed from the blistering pain of traveling the lines I attempted to unwind with my magic. By the time I unwound the pattern from the earth I was exhausted, dizzy and had a migraine. I sat down on the ground and placed my head in my hands. Behind me the first gray touches of dawn seeped across the sky. I wasn't sitting there long when Ezra showed up.

"It took me awhile to find you," he said calmly.

"Yeah," came my weary reply. I watched him look behind me where I burned Regina. "Who did you burn with my power?"

I sighed and didn't glance behind me, "A friend."

He looked askance at me as I reached my hand up for help. Ezra gazed thoughtfully at my hand and then me, his look, empty. He reached down and engulfed my hand in his warm one. I stared into his black eyes as he pulled me up, "I have something to tell you."

He nodded and we walked uphill.