Den Mother Ep. 04: CUR AEGIS

Story Info
Be brave young pup! Old dogs newly tricked!
6.5k words
4.7
3.8k
1
1

Part 4 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 08/31/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,874 Followers

Lynn Dawson discovered light after a lengthy stint in darkness. Having fainted outside while witnessing what she presumed was some weather induced hallucination, being in the extreme cold far too long, she resisted the blurry vision and made a disturbing comprehension of her renewed reality. Laying in a bunk within the main base camp housing she not only stared at the ceiling but captured a hint of brewed coffee amid shallow breaths. While the aroma was magical it didn't quite nudge aside the odor of wet fur. Eyelids fluttering, she tilted her head to her right and spotted a large man with a silver ponytail pouring coffee into a mug.

"Welcome back Lynn." He spoke without looking at her. "Blood pressure is back to normal. Just try and remain calm." No blood pressure kit in sight how could he know that. "Fear is natural but you have nothing to worry about. We truly are the good guys." The past not so much, but these days the brothers led a quiet existence.

"Who are you people?" She sat up in far too big of a hurry only to find the world spinning. "Please don't kill me."

"Take it slow Ms. Dawson, I just said we're the good guys. There is no plans on murdering you in any distant future. Let alone eat you like Gravy Train." He calmed her with a single palm directed slowly toward her. "You are among friends; I swear it on my life. A very long life at that." Lucien aka Lucky was immortal, shape changer as well. Wearing a red plaid flannel shirt and jeans he appeared perfectly normal. Yet, she knew he wasn't. Unless she had been imagining it all. She was still struggling with having her daughter Aurora go missing.

"Again ... who? What?"

"I'm Lucien. Yes, my brother and I are werewolves, more shape changers, but we like our wolf forms the most. Harmless werewolves I might add. Well...," He brought her the coffee and carefully handed it to her, "... unless we get cornered, I suppose. We're pretty good at hiding our lives. Hell, we don't even pay taxes. At any rate our brother Gary ... Garameth ... the lead dog in Aurora's pack nicknamed Ghost went missing the same day your daughter Aurora did. We felt him missing from this plain of existence the second he vanished." He taps his temple, "We're all mentally bonded even when we're apart by long distances. Not all of us are like that but it's luckily built into our DNA. Stanos and I hail from Montana, Gary went off on his own a few years back ... reasons I suppose. He made his home here in Last Ditch, Alaska to find freedom yet keep in touch with society in small fashion. Like I said we all share a telepathic link with one another. I can offer at minimal some insight into the night your daughter vanished."

"Tell me ... please." Lynn searched his expression as he mentally suggested she remain calm while he moved closer to take a seat on the bed next to her. He appeared a gentle giant as he rubbed his beard.

"Aurora and the pack went in search of that fallen cargo plane. Stanos and I saw through Gary's mind what he was witnessing. It wasn't pretty. They..." He paused as if hearing something then nodded, "Stanos is at the crash area now. He smells gasoline, blood, and magic."

"Magic?"

"Yes, magic. It's all around us." He ventured a swirling index finger to symbolize their surroundings, "Some circuits more foreign than others. Truthfully, while technically we are werewolves to most, we are so much more than shape shifters because of magic. By the way, I trust you can keep our secret. We really do mean you no harm Lynn."

"If it helps me find my daughter absolutely! As insane as this is." She wisped her blond hair from her eyes, Lucky noticing her green eyes paused to hold his breath, they were lovely at her age of 47. He had to look down at the floor for a moment to avoid making her sense a minor attraction. Too late, she picked up on his temporary fondness just by his shy demeanor, Lynn was far from naïve. Not wanting to appear interested in her Lucien sighed, "Intriguing! Stanos smells Sasquatch."

"Excuse me? Sasquatch as in Bigfoot?" Her green eyes flare wide, "They're real?"

"If werewolves are real, why can't there be a huge hairy bipedal cryptid with the strength of twenty men? Yes, they are quite real, all over the planet. My brother says there were three of them present at the site. Parents and an unborn child. The parents perished but were obviously extracted by the military, we don't sense any other Sasquatch dens for three hundred miles. If others of their species collected their remains Stanos would be aware of their involvement, but getting here that fast would be impossible. Our visions through Gary let us witness their reasons for departure but Stanos is just confirming what he can to see if we missed anything worthy of noting. Some things we already know, others offer questions. One of Garameth's pack, a Russian woman named Anna, known to Aurora as Tailchaser was beheaded by a young boy. Stanos says a Wendigo scent was present, but the male Sasquatch killed its physical form. It's evident by Tailchaser's passing that the boy was possessed by the Wendigo dominating his body as a host."

"What's a wendigo?"

"A magical demon that feeds on human flesh. The one there that day is likely what brought the plane down. Your daughter..." He pauses again spooking Lynn into setting her coffee aside on a table to read his expression.

"Is my daughter dead?"

"No! Well, I can only offer what we saw through Gary, but she was alive when our connection severed. Yes, Stanos senses the increased magic where the stone staircase resided."

"Staircase?"

"Yes! Have you heard stories of strange staircases leading to nowhere only to disappear leaving no proof?"

"No, I really never bought into things like magic."

"It's very real Lynn. The staircase often lends credence toward portals in time and place. Our ancestors told us of such portals appearing and luring in unsuspecting prisoners. This particular portal claimed the boy, your daughter, and her entire pack. Gary followed your daughter, loyal to the end as we know it thus far. It is very possible they are alive out there ... wherever there, might be."

"Aurora is forever gone to me?" Tears fell.

"I have no answer to that. Hope is all any of us have Lynn. We will do whatever we can to find our brother, in turn find Aurora. Obviously, we cannot make promises but ... paws crossed."

"This is a lot to swallow."

"Good thing, I'm not hungry." He winked at her, "Sorry! Poor taste in humor. I won't eat you; I promise." She felt safe with Lucien, but his eyes did lure her sensuality. Worst time ever. Lynn Dawson did feel very alone in the world. He could relate. Now however was not the time.

Hearing something distant Lucien again perks up, "Are you expecting any other flights?"

"Not that I've been notified of. I'm new to this role of caretaker. Truthfully, I only took on this job to find answers. That, and to be close to Aurora if she were still out there somewhere. The military pulled out taking the plane with them and just apologized for my loss, once I arrived. They only looked for her a day. Come on? They could have searched longer than that. That's why I was out on the snowmobile ... out looking. Praying for answers."

"We're here to help Lynn. Until of course even we must conclude that answers are not to be found."

"You mentioned the girl, Anna." Lynn thought for a moment aloud, "Where did she go?"

"Soldiers took her body away. Those of the Sasquatch clan as well. It is there, if we can figure out where they were taken our search begins." The noise of engines become clearer, "We have company."

"Let me call out to them, find out who our visitors are." She crawls off the bunk and goes to the radio. Before she says a word Lucien stands next to her with concern. "Relax Lucien, I won't warn them of you."

"Good! Our flight here was under the radar. Members of..." He stops before indulging too much information.

"Just calm down." She pats his muscular arm and puts the handheld mic up to her lips. "Good day incoming. I wasn't expecting company. Can I get a call sign please?"

"Copy that Last Ditch." A male voice accepted her greeting, "Requesting a landing. Looks like your strip is solid enough to land on in this weather."

"Cleared it this morning with the plow. Hasn't snowed much today. Who may I ask is dropping by?"

A change in voice leads to the gruff tone, that of an older male, "This is General Hayden Harker, retired. I'm here in search of my son, Colonel Antonio Harker."

Jaw dropping Lynn glances at Lucien, this was the first she had heard of missing officers, "Hello General. I'm Lynn Dawson. My daughter went missing that day too. I'm sorry for your loss. Welcome to Last Ditch. Coffee's hot." She hoped Lucien made enough for visitors. "See you at the front door. Knock first and wipe your feet."

"Thank you, Ms. Dawson. I too am sorry for your loss. There shortly." Radio mic's set aside she eyes Lucien. He nodded at her then took his clothes off before her eyes. She tried not to look but come on, Fido was hung like a horse. Erect at that, easily ten inches and thick! Oh, My! Obviously, he found her appealing she thought, or maybe that was just nature of the beast.

"I'll put your clothing in my dresser until they're gone."

Seeing him transform in a bone cracking displacement, fur piercing his flesh, a sight disturbing but remarkable, Lynn watched him turn into a golden retriever? Creasing her brow she grinned, "Not a wolf?" In his final moments he managed to say, "You look like a dog lover. Just wanted ... look better for you."

"So, you can change into other canine breeds. That's truly amazing." He sneezes nodding his snout as his transformation was finalized. Kneeling in front of him Lynn reached over and patted his head, "You're safe with me Lucky." He licked her face. Awkward! She missed the horse, his erection now tiny and less visible. Not that she looked. Gross right? "Sounds grounded. No collar on you Lucky. Shall we look presentable?" She finds a spare dog collar hanging in her storage room and puts it on him. Lucky looked cute. "He's a good puppy." She found it in her to giggle. She knew she needed to laugh at this new reality. Insanity was more than likely on its way.

On the other side of Time? Elsewhere! Somewhen!

A large campfire kept the Roman soldiers warm and hopefully protected from the wildlife that might seek dinner themselves. Still on edge after seeing a dog become a beautiful woman then back again, as well as dealing with a seven-foot beauty named Aurora Dawson that appeared genuinely friendly yet too much of an enigma to trust completely at the moment, every soldier there kept one eye open and remained on guard.

Having been supplied with a hearty meal of a massive buck brought down by the pack of shapeshifting wolves ... well, Malamutes at present, the Romans were digesting and simply coping with their environment. The notice that Aurora's dogs were still out there in the darkness kept their nerves sharp, fearing a sneak attack should they lapse in judgment. While it was true, their General seemed convinced that they were friends due to the wisdom of their paraplegic oracle Odessi Kilpatrick, some were not so believing.

"So, Calahaus?" Aurora sat Indian style watching the General nibbling on a chunk of the deer's hind quarter, her hands behind her supporting her upper body in the decaying grass. "How did your band get here?"

"Our Emperor Hadrian sent us forth into Britannia to construct a wall against the barbarian hordes. Attacked, we rode into a small canyon where we were ambushed. Riding up to battle we found a blinding light around us. When the light faded, we were here. It was as if a trap was sprung upon us that forced us away from all that we knew."

"I've heard of Hadrian's wall, it didn't work. Have you lost anyone since being here?"

"Aye! My troops numbered in the hundreds until attacked many times by creatures unknown."

Across from them rested Odessi now removed from the back of her caretaker Amoreus so that he too may rest without burden. Propped up to sit on her ass by saddles holding her steady at each side, her shield removed for comfort. It was nice to see the girl as she should be, young and beautiful with or without limbs. Helmet off, even her blond hair flowed down over her shoulders, her chest a stunning 36C covered by a small chainmail shirt that offered hints of flesh between chinks. As the night air grew cool a soldier placed his cloak over her to keep her warmer. They all knew how valuable she was.

"Creatures?" Aurora eyed Odessi.

"I am uncertain what to call them. Gargoyles, perhaps? Winged creatures with claws and bludgeoning fists. They raid us when our guard is down, often taking horses from our camp. There are many dangers here, by air or by foot."

"So, we're always on our toes here?"

"Yes. Guards stand ready on shifts while others rest."

"Maybe it might not be a bad idea if I pull my pups in closer just in case, we need support. How do you feel about that General? You have my word they will not attack your men."

Uneasily accepted Calahaus nods his approval, eye contact with Odessi who randomly awoke long enough to share a smile informing him they would all be safer in numbers. Thanking him Aurora peered over her shoulder and sent out a telepathic call, "Alright Puppies come to Momma one at a time and lay down near me. Slowly!" In response, out in the timber Ghost lifts his head to acknowledge her.

"Let's go!" Ghost informs his pack, "One at a time. We make no aggressive moves so, best behavior all of you."

"As if we have any beef with the Tin soldiers. That fire looks inviting." Mathias grumbles. "Living in Alaska ye would think I would not be cold, but for some reason me old bones are achy this night."

"I want to cuddle up to my belly rubber." Luna giggled.

"You need laid." Folly sighs.

"As if you don't." Luna brushes up against Folly, "Bad enough we had to watch the boys here hold Aurora down and brutally take advantage of her. We have needs too guys. Just not, any of you finicky old farts."

"Enough with the hormones." Ghost advised. "None of us could have predicted what Aurora's body chemistry would do to us on this side of ... wherever it is we are. The magic here overwhelmed us when she bled."

"While I feel bad for doing that," Kyoot sighs, ", I think Aurora liked it."

"I HEARD THAT KY!" Aurora laughed telepathically, "Next time use some." KY jelly that is.

"Use some what?" He winced toward the camp following Ghost at twenty paces.

"KY! Damn! No wonder you were never a lead sledder."

"Hardy har har, Den Momma! Wait! You said next time."

"ENOUGH!" Ghost warned them, "That goes for you too Aurora."

"Couldn't resist Ghost." She giggled, "I'm right there with my girl Luna, we ladies have needs. If we're stuck here, there's no shame in something to keep us occupied."

"Coming from the constant virgin." Mathias laughed, Canuck agreeing.

"Hey! I can't help if I heal up down there after sex. At least it doesn't hurt every time I get my cherry popped."

"Aurora! Please! Now is not the time." Ghost reached her and put his snout right into her face. Kissing his nose Aurora smiled, he huffed with an unexpected desire to keep her happy.

"You're right Fabio. Sit with me." Ghost did just that as she scratched him behind the ear. It did feel nice.

Luna prowling in behind Ghost playfully eyed her belly rubber on the other side of the fire. She noticed fear in his eyes and lowered her head shyly. So much for getting cozy, at least not until he trusted her more.

One by one the pack joined the circle of soldiers, laying down peacefully and doing their best to get along. Tension thick, it was obviously going to be a long night. Eying the numbers Aurora realized one of her dogs was missing. "Where's Orion?"

"Right here Aurora." Stepping from the darkness a Herculean man carried firewood into the camp, soldier's rising to their feet not expecting a man. Rippling with muscles Orion stepped past his friends and cautiously dropped the firewood near the blaze. Putting his hands up he merely stood there warming himself. Aurora tilted her gaze to witness Orion's penis dangling between his legs.

"Holy crap! That thing must be over a foot long. Where was he when I got pawed up?"

"Shapeshifter, remember?" Luna giggled, "Trust me he's not that gorgeous in real. You do realize even in our true forms we can apply makeovers."

"Soooo! Are you saying you are crusty and old looking in real life?"

"Of course not! What you saw earlier is little ole' me. Hot blond, hotter in bed."

"Are we going to talk sexually all night long?" Ghost rolled his eyes.

"You have any better ideas to kill the time? It's not as if we have many options until we figure out how to find Kodi Prescott." Aurora flicked his ear with an index finger. "Just relax."

"It's my job to keep everyone safe Aurora."

"You're immortal. Unless I'm way off I think I might be too now, I mean I do adapt to what's around me, if immortality is here, isn't it possible I've added that to my personal genome? You stand guard if that's your choice, but I think everyone here deserves a stress reliever. If Odessi there has a vision on how we can get to Kodi and his whereabouts then that becomes our top priority. Me? I hate to say it but this new me has some serious nympho thoughts. Trust me, I'm trying to resist but it's a constant fire between the ole' legs."

"Those not of magic will perish in touching you." He nods toward the Roman's admiring Orion's massive physique. Being well versed in bisexual tendencies in their era, Orion was pretty well received as much as Luna was. "Lucky dogs!" Aurora thought. Now Orion could fuck her and not be hurt but he seemed to enjoy flaunting his stuff toward the male population more than anyone else. Ghost hearing her thoughts sighed, "Orion prefers men but swings both ways."

"Ah! I figured that out on my own Fabio." She fidgeted her lips, "Let him have his fun. I'll find my own."

"A monumental risk! You are unaware just how your magic works."

"Well, Odessi tells me I adapt to my surroundings. Who knows I might take on shape changing abilities myself, I am around you guys a lot. So, if I roll over in my sleep just give me a dog treat."

"While amusing I must tell you, living as we do is quite exhausting. Maintaining our guise over the centuries has been a challenge."

"I can only imagine. I'm just grateful you guys are friendly. Thanks, by the way..."

"For what?" Garameth winces.

"For protecting me back in Alaska. I could have been killed long before I got that green shit on me."

"We would have fought until our final fatigue. Obviously, we can die, if Tailchaser was beheaded and left in the snow."

"Maybe that's the only way you can die Ghost."

"Perhaps! All of us have faced swords and the like but never once have we lost a limb. We have always healed no matter how badly organs might have been harmed."

"Like I have?" Odessi interrupts through her non eye contact with Aurora. Hearing the girl now fully awake Aurora looks her way with a glint of sadness. "I apologize for intruding."

Ghost sensing their commune without hearing it feels a sudden empathy and gets up slowly walking toward her. A Roman seeing his sudden decision stepped in with sword ready to be drawn. Head hung low Ghost gently continued until laying down next to her. Odessi peering at the Roman named Baronas met eyes with him, sharing her telepathic gaze without actual words heard aloud or otherwise, the effect was relaxing. "He means me no harm Baronas. Thank you for your concern." The soldier although unsure of her true words removed his hand from the swords hilt and stepped back. Watching Orion move around the fire to join a number of his Roman brothers in a touchy-feely manner now kept his attention. Baronas however was on duty and tried his best to ignore the male bonding.

SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,874 Followers
12