Den of Iniquity Ch. 08

Story Info
Roger torments Annie with a remote control egg.
9.6k words
4.75
146.6k
14

Part 8 of the 11 part series

Updated 10/27/2022
Created 12/14/2003
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Sir_Nathan
Sir_Nathan
1,659 Followers

Author's note: Welcome to the continuing story of "Den of Iniquity". This convoluted tale of lies, deception and the search for the truth really does rely on the reader enjoying it from the start. If you are interested in plot and character development, along with a 'real' BDSM story and 'eroticism you sometimes have to wait for', please ensure you read from Chapter One. And vote!! lol For those wishing for a quick fix, maybe try elsewhere. Mind you, this chapter is fun...

* * * * *

"Ring! Ring!"

I heard something in my sleep and tossed.

"Ring! Ring!"

My dream bent.

I thought the phone was ringing.

Then I realised it 'was' ringing.

Momentarily disoriented, I awoke and sat up in bed, reaching for the phone and yawning. I brought it to my ear and wondered briefly who might be calling me at this hour. Looking at my alarm clock, I realised it wasn't as early as I thought.

I hoped it wasn't my ex-wife.

"Um... hello?"

"Roger? Is that you?"

"Ah, yeah. Who's this?"

"It's Annie Wilkinson, Sir. From ...um ...work."

"Oh. Hello, Annie. What a surprise. I mean, a nice surprise."

"Can you talk, Sir? I'm sorry for calling so early."

"Yes, I can talk. It's not that early, Annie. I'm just still half asleep, that's all."

"Yes, Sir. Sorry again, Sir."

"It's alright, Annie. Tell me, how did you get my number?"

"It's in the book, Sir."

"Oh. Yes. Of course it is, how silly of me," I said, feeling guilty.

Giggles came down the phone line.

"Are you always like this first thing in the morning, Sir?"

"Always."

I laughed with her.

"So, to what do I owe this call, Annie?"

"Ugh... I'm sorry to bother you with this, Sir. But it's Sylvia."

I sighed to myself.

"What's happened now?"

"She's gone missing."

"Missing?"

"I've tried calling her, but she doesn't answer. No one seems to know where she is.. or care..."

She sniffled.

"Look, I'm sure there must be some logical explan..."

"No, Sir. I KNOW something's wrong. It's something to do with that picture. The one you have. I just know it, Sir."

"I don't have it..."

"But Claudio said..."

"Claudio?"

"Yes, Sir. Claudio said he made sure you had the picture. Then he could stay clear of it all."

"Stay clear of it all?"

"Yeah, I didn't know what he meant either."

"Oh, good Lord..." I muttered.

"What is it, Sir?"

"Oh, nothing. I just feel like things are getting more out of control, rather than less. It doesn't matter. Sorry, please go on."

"Yes, Sir. All I know is, Sylvia said she had a meeting last night and was concerned about it and to call in the morning to check on her but she's not home and..."

"Slow down, Annie. Slow down."

"Gosh... I'm sorry, Sir. I am just really worried."

"I'm sure Sylvia can take care of herself."

"I don't think so, Sir."

"Sorry?"

"Sylvia has taken to drinking, Sir. God knows what she might have gotten herself into."

"I really think you are worrying about nothing, Annie."

"You are not helping, Sir."

I furrowed my brow.

"I'm trying to point out the lack of a necessity to be concerned on your part, Annie."

I should have known she would furrow hers.

"And I'm trying to tell you that I can't just shut off my concern for a friend, Sir".

I sighed to myself. I could tell Annie was close to the end of her tether, and I wasn't helping. I put the heel of my hand against my forehead, feeling the beginnings of a small headache.

Finally she spoke again.

"I'm sorry to bother you with this, Sir. I just didn't know where else to turn."

"And I apologise for being less than sensitive to your concerns, Annie. I'm not feeling too good. Nerves, I guess."

"Thank you for saying that, Sir. And I'm sure the party will be great. Claudio said everything is arranged."

I could hear the soft smile in her voice.

"That's the second time you have mentioned Claudio."

"He's been a good mentor, Sir."

"I don't think I'm following you."

"A 'mentor', Sir. One who introduces another to the lifestyle, who provides advice, and keeps him or her from erring."

"An important job."

"Similar to Chantelle for you, I imagine, Sir."

"Yeah," I said, thinking about Josephine and all the advice she'd given me. "Yes, I suppose so."

I heard Annie sigh.

"I wish I knew what to do, Sir."

"Sometimes all one can do is wonder, Annie."

She sighed again.

"Yes. I suppose you are right, Sir."

A moment of silence enveloped us.

"I probably should be going now..."

"Wait, Annie..."

"Yes, Sir?"

"What are you doing right now?" I asked.

"I am about to go feed my fish, Sir. Otherwise I have no plans until this afternoon."

I hoped I detected that smile in her voice again.

"This afternoon?"

"I have to start getting ready for the party, Sir. There is a certain Dominant I wish to impress."

"Claudio?"

"No, not Claudio, Sir. I don't want Claudio. He's a bit too crazy for me," she giggled. "Um, can I tell you something, Sir?"

"Sure."

"Well two things, actually. I rang Claudio because he's my mentor, Sir. I wasn't sure what to do. He was the one who suggested I ring you."

"Ah, I see."

"And the other thing is, Claudio was involved with Josephine until recently, Sir. That's probably why she was quick to pounce on you, on the rebound or something. All I know is, Claudio was mortified. But I don't know why. I mean, Josephine's a bit crazy, but she wouldn't harm a flea."

"I'm not so sure about that, I don't trust her."

"Oh, Sir. I'm not sure what to think."

"You are not alone."

Another silence descended upon us.

"Annie?"

"Yes, Sir."

"You meant me, didn't you?"

In a small voice she said, "Yes, Sir."

I rolled that fact around in my head a moment. I had to be honest.

"Did you also know I was with Josephine again last night?"

Once again there was a short pause.

"I didn't know that, no, Sir."

I knew what I was about to say was true.

"It will be the last time."

"Yes, Sir."

"And Annie..."

"Yes, Sir?"

"I'm already impressed."

I could hear her breathing down the line.

"I'm blushing, Sir."

I smiled to myself, imagining her. Finally I spoke softly.

"So, where does Claudio fit into all this? You're not seeing him at all?"

"Oh gosh, no, Sir. But, I did once. Oh, it's complicated, Sir. Could I meet you somewhere? I would so much prefer to talk to you in person."

"Um, yeah, good idea." I grinned. "I'll just shower and wake up and meet you for coffee."

"Thank you, Sir. Um.. where?"

"On the corner of Stewart and Marketown, there's a coffee shop..."

"I know it."

"I'll meet you there in..." I looked at the clock, "...three hours?"

"At midday, Sir?" She sounded disappointed.

"I have a couple of things to do."

"Oh. Yes, okay, Sir."

For one, I needed to visit an adult shop. And a linen shop, for another. Looking around my apartment, I thought I might visit a hardware store for paint too, but that could wait.

"Jesus!" I exclaimed, suddenly realising I'd left my toys at Josephine's place.

"What's wrong?!"

"Oh... I just remembered I needed to do something. It's okay."

"Yes, Sir. Does that mean you'll be even later?"

I imagined she was pouting.

"No, I don't think so. I'll be there at twelve."

"Okay, I'll give you my number. Do you have a pen?"

I was wondering how I could get my case, get out of Josephine's place, and still do everything I had to do.

"I already have it," I said, not thinking.

"You do? It's unlisted, Sir."

"Oh, um. Okay, you caught me. I asked Chantelle and she gave it to me last night."

"Oh, Sir. I already knew that."

I sensed her smiling once again.

"You 'have' been busy this morning, haven't you."

I grinned.

"Umm... sorry, Sir." She giggled again. "I'm bad."

I shook my head and smiled. I hoped a shower and some food would give me the energy to think more quickly on my feet.

"I'll see you at midday, Annie."

"Yes, Sir. See you then."

A few minutes later in the shower, I shook my head in wonder. How did I forget my new case? Damn that Josephine and her bombshells. I couldn't believe it. I vowed never to leave it anywhere ever again.

Stepping out of the shower and drying off, I heard the phone again. I wrapped my towel around my hips and walked into the kitchen.

"Who could that be, now?" I wondered aloud.

I decided to let the machine take it while I made coffee.

"Hello, this is Roger, I can't get to the phone right now, leave a message and I'll call you back..."

"Sir? Sir??? Please, pick up if you are there!"

It was Adrian.

I smiled, thinking of Chantelle's description of his voice.

Putting aside my half-made coffee, I picked up the receiver and looked down, seeing the light on the machine, blinking and indicating an existing message I hadn't noticed before. It must have been left while I was in the shower.

"Hello, Adrian. Roger here."

"Oh Sir, thank God you are there. Oh my God. Oh my God! What have I done?"

"What is it, Adrian? What's the matter?"

"I lied, Sir! I lied to Mistress and to you and... and ...oh my God, what have I done?"

"Slow down, Adrian. Slow down. Now what's happened?"

"Well, I... oh Sir... I'm in so much trouble..."

"What happened, Adrian? And what does it have to do with me?"

"It's your envelope, Sir. The one with the pho..."

CLICK!

Bzzzzzzz....

My jaw dropped and for a moment no words escaped. I rattled the disconnect button on the phone like I'd seen in the movies. I should have known it was useless.

"Fuck!" I said aloud, slamming down the receiver.

Then I remembered I had Adrian's number. I ran to my bedroom and rummaged through my closet. I quickly slipped my diary out of my jacket pocket and looked up the number while I strode back to the phone on the wall. Once I found it, I dialed as fast as I could.

Busy signal.

"Fuck!"

I tried again and again but it was busy each time. I thought surely Adrian understood the importance of completing his call to me. I started to wonder if he was all right.

"You've seen too many movies," I said to myself.

Then I remembered the message on the answering machine. I thought maybe he'd called earlier and already told the story. Maybe it was right there on the answering machine.

I quickly pressed the required buttons and listened to my own voice telling the caller I wasn't home and waited impatiently for the message.

I sighed immediately when it wasn't Adrian.

"Fuck," I repeated under my breath this time.

Recognition hit me. It was Josephine. She was talking in a 'business tone'. I rewound the message and listened to it from the beginning.

"Roger Sir, Josephine here. I dropped your case outside your apartment door a few minutes ago. I'm just hopping into a taxi outside your building. I'm so excited. I'm going to see my sister today. Isn't that wonderful?"

She'd started to gush by now and my eyes narrowed. She did sound very convincing, but she sounded almost crazy.

"I'm a little busy or I would have stayed, especially after last night."

She tittered and went on. I shuddered. Something about her had started to bother me.

"Sylvia says she wants to really make a splash tonight, and I've volunteered to help her! It's going to be such fun."

I guessed the bridges had been repaired. But there was that slightly crazy laugh again.

"Well Sir, big loving kisses for my Sir, mmmwwaaahhh.. and I'll look forward to seeing you toni..." Click.

The message ended.

"Good Lord."

Just then, the phone rang again.

I picked it up before it had a chance to ring twice.

"Adrian?!" I almost shouted.

"Yes, Sir! God, thank God I caught you. She must be on her way back down by now. Bloody mobile phones... Sorry Sir. Josephine, Sir! Josephine!! You have got to stop her! I can't talk - check your case!"

Click.

"FUCK!"

I ran to the window and watched a taxi pulling away down below.

"Damn!"

I sprinted to my doorway and threw it open. There stood my case, with a ribbon, tied in a bow, attached to it. I grabbed the handle of the box and swung it inside, my heel pushing the door closed with a thud.

After slamming it on my kitchen table, I undid the latches and threw it open.

Nothing.

Everything was there, in its proper place.

But no envelope.

The edge of the red foam lifted when I slid my fingers between it and the edge of the box. I did the same on the opposite edge and lifted out the contents.

"Yes!"

There was the envelope!

Then I sputtered in shock as I turned it over in my hands.

"But!"

"But!"

It wasn't the same!

It was a difference size. Similar but different. It felt heavier. Or, lighter... or something! The writing was similar. But not the same.

I tore it open and the contents, a picture and a note, fell on the table.

I picked up the picture. It was of Josephine in a string bikini. She was looking back over her shoulder and tilting down her sunglasses looking into the camera. It was a good shot. She looked like she was on holidays, surrounded by sand and sunshine.

I shook my head in confusion.

I opened the note and flattened it on the table with the edge of my palm. Pulling out a chair and sliding into it, I started reading.

"Dear Roger,

If you have opened this envelope, then my little game is on. You see, every attempt to steam open the original envelope failed. (How 'do' they do that in the movies?) And unfortunately I couldn't let you have the photograph.

No. That would be no fun at all.

You see, WITH the photograph, I control the game. I control everyone and you are all the pawns. I'm the Queen. And you are all my subjects.

I can do whatever I like.

What is the photograph of? My my, Roger. Haven't you guessed? Goodness, Sirrr, surely a big strong man, with your intellect, can figure it out. Or perhaps it's not a photograph at all! Wouldn't that be fun!

Oh, Roger, don't be mad at me. You'll see. You'll see! I've worked it all out and I can have everything. Even you.

If you'll have me.

With love and kisses,

Josephine"

I sat back and shook my head. Then I leaned forward and read it again.

"I think she's certifiable," I chuckled. "Wait til everyone finds out about this!"

I stood up and hesitated.

"Chantelle is going to be livid."

I was glad I wasn't in Josephine's shoes.

I looked at my watch. Nine-thirty in the morning. "Well, at least I don't need to go to Josephine's apartment."

I decided to call Chantelle. Then at the last moment, I thought, "Stuff it."

"I'll call Sylvia."

I flicked through my diary to 'Harper' and dialed her mobile. What happened next left me shaking my head all over again.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Sylvia. It's Roger."

"Who?"

"Roger. Roger Moore, from work."

"Oh, Roger. Hello. I'm busy right now."

"Um. Are you all right?"

"Yes..." Cough. Cough. "Just a little cold. Nothing to worry about."

"Annie said she couldn't contact you earlier."

"Oh, that. I slept in. Everything's fine." Cough.

Hmmm...

"Okay, see you at the party."

"Oh yes, I'm looking forward to it. Bye."

Click.

That was weird. I wondered why she hadn't asked where I got her number. That wasn't like Sylvia at all. More likely she would have torn my head off for invading her privacy.

"She must be pretty sick," I chuckled.

At least Annie will be pleased. I debated calling her and letting her know while I finished my coffee. I figured I'd let her stew for a bit. No harm in that.

I shook my head.

"Wonders will never cease."

After shaving and changing, I stood before the mirror checking how I looked. Wearing black denim jeans with a crisp, white, open-necked shirt under my black leather jacket, I thought I looked pretty good.

I slipped on some runners and grabbed my sunglasses and perched them on my head, then headed out the door.

It was beautiful out.

I made a beeline across town to where I knew there was an adult supermarket. Chantelle had recommended it and I knew it wasn't far.

It was a typical Saturday morning in the city, with the slight change in pace almost discernable. I grabbed a hotdog and chuckled to myself.

"Breakfast of champions!"

'Adult World' was the name of the place, and I was standing under the awning out front when I remembered I wanted to call Annie. I was standing there with my phone in my hand, looking at it and about to dial, when I realised I couldn't remember her number. I'd left my diary on the kitchen table next to my case. Frowning, I cursed under my breath.

I hoped things weren't going from bad to worse. At least the car couldn't break down. I'd walked!

"Leave nothing to chance," my father always told me.

Easier said than done sometimes. Still, it taught me to be thorough. Most of the time. Annie wouldn't be waiting for me to call. She didn't know I'd called Sylvia. I wasn't concerned.

I was thinking about her though.

About Annie.

"She'd be getting ready by now," I thought, as I walked around the aisles of the brightly lit, clean shop, seeing what caught my eye.

Not much, actually.

Lots of videos and magazines. Like thousands. I flipped over a couple of videos but was pretty much unimpressed. I continued to wander and a young lass came up to me, asking if she could help.

She wore a pink top with the name of the store splashed across it, black spandex leggings and black high heels. I smiled as she approached. She cocked her head, which made the pink beret she wore look kind of cute.

"Can I help you, Sir?"

"No, ah, I'm just looking around. I've never been in a store like this before."

She nodded and smiled. Bright white teeth.

"We get lots of first timers. If you need me just holler, okay?"

She flicked her blonde hair from in front of her eyes and smiled up at me.

"I'll be around. Just ask for Stacey," she winked.

"Will do."

She turned on her heels, walking away and I watched her ass sway and smiled.

"Mmmm... I wouldn't mind spanking that," I mused, and chuckled.

Shaking my head, I made my way down another aisle. This one was full of dildos, dongs, double dongs and vibrators of every size and colour. My God. The range was ridiculous. I reached the end of the aisle and something caught my eye.

"Remote Control Egg".

I picked up the box and turned it over. Goodness. What a wicked little toy. I tucked it under my arm and continued walking. I reminded myself to get spare batteries.

I smiled.

"Leave nothing to chance."

Back up the next aisle and I noticed "Ben-wah Balls". I picked up the box closest to me before noticing the 'deluxe' range on a shelf against the low wall separating the aisles.

"Oooo... flexible rubber spikes..." I read.

How imaginative!

I grabbed the small box and also tucked it under my arm.

It was at least fifteen minutes later, and I was almost all browsed out, when Stacey approached me.

"Very thorough, aren't you?"

"I like to take my time, yes."

She nodded and smiled knowingly.

"You've been everywhere except the back corner."

"I was saving the best till last," I smiled.

"I'm not busy right now. Would it please you if I showed you around, Sir?"

I smiled, thinking, "What a nicely constructed sentence."

"Yes. I'd like that," I replied.

Stacey nodded at me and led the way back to the 'BDSM Corner'.

We arrived and she showed me around a basically circular area with various cuffs and collars and all manner of things in large bins. I tucked a set of sheets with sewed-in velcro inserts under my arm. I also grabbed a ball-gag. Then I stopped and looked up at the range against the back wall. It was set up like the wall of a dungeon, with fake stonework and various implements hanging from hooks.

Stacey pointed out the cats and floggers and all kinds of whips, as well as crops and a few things I wasn't too familiar with, like swings and spreader bars. We got to the end of the back wall where there was a selection of paddles.

Sir_Nathan
Sir_Nathan
1,659 Followers