Desert Diamond

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She let herself sit down next to him on the bed. They both sat in silence for a few minutes... the stranger seemed equally at a loss for words as Marlene. When she recollected where she was, a mixture of fear and gratitude rushed through her. She knew she couldn't let this happen again... she needed to put it behind her and pretend nothing had happened. Oddly, the stranger seemed to understand this. He stroked her hair, then leaned down and picked up her pants and handed them to her. She took them awkwardly, then after a moment of hesitation stood up and began to put them on. Her underwear lay crumpled on the floor, and when she realized she had put on her pants without them, she simply cinched her belt and leaned down to take them. The stranger was shivering a little, and without thinking she pulled the sheet from the bed and wrapped it around his shoulders.

"Thank you for saving me," said the man. His voice was warm and even gentle. "I would have died out there. I feel like Sleeping Beauty, being awakened with a kiss, and then some..." He smiled awkwardly. Marlene was surprised to hear his voice, but she said nothing. She put her finger on his lips and kissed his forehead, finally stroking his hair gently before pulling away and picking up her boots. "Good night," said the stranger, "sleep well... tomorrow none of this will have happened... I know..." His voice trailed off, and he smiled with friendly eyes, raising his hand in a small wave goodbye. Marlene waved to him too, then turned and slipped through the bedroom door and made her way up to her own bedroom, on the upper floor.

In the morning, Marlene went out to the hired hands' shed and woke them. "We've got a heat-stroked man who's been passed out since I got him here... come help me with him," she told them. With bleary eyes they rolled out of bed, and she went to await them on the front porch. The morning sun warmed her skin, and she let her head fall back to let its rays fall on her smiling face.

==============================

To all my readers: comments are especially welcomed! Please let me know if this story was a blast or if you thought anything in it sounded like bullsh*t to you. Thanks! ~50

12