Detective Spring Ch. 03

Story Info
A scuffle leads to a little taste.
4.6k words
4.62
8.7k
10

Part 3 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 08/15/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Bloodwoman
Bloodwoman
192 Followers

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoy and please rate and let me know what you think.

*****

Suddenly I was being pushed from behind, but managed not to fall flat on my face. I swiftly turned, pointing my beretta at the offending person. Unfortunately no one was there. I knew what this was, they were playing with me, trying to scare me into making a mistake like dropping my gun, for instance. Not going to happen. I forced my eyes closed and listened with all the supernatural hearing they didn't know I had. I could hear one ten feet off on my right side hiding in the dark and the other...ah was just behind me, maybe three or four feet. If I pivoted just the right way, I could kick him square in the chest. Send him stumbling and give me an advantage, that a human might need.

So I pivoted, backwards by a foot and flung my right leg around to hit him in the chest sending him sliding across the floor. Maybe a little to much force, I needed to be more careful. The other one caught me off guard, slamming my body hard into one of the stacks and sending my beretta flying. His fingers dug deep into the soft flesh of my neck as he lifted my heels, nearly a foot off of the ground.

"Humans...so pathetic, thinking they can take on a full grown vampire. I would say your courageous but its just simply very stupid." While he slithered on I was able to pull my leg up and slide my micro pistol with wooden bullets out of my ankle holster.

"Whats stupid...is monologuing...instead of just..killing me already..." I said struggling to speak and shot him in the chest, the first wooden bullet just missing his heart. His eyes went wide, I would not miss a second time, I shot again and he dropped me, turning to ash in front of my eyes and it rained down around me.

Just as I sucked in a deep breath of air, I felt the cold steel of a knife scrap against my palm as the second decided to attack. I jumped to my feet just before he sliced into my other hand effectively making me drop my micro pistol. I had just about enough of this. I was about to use my speed to grab him but I didn't have to give away my secret, Arden grabbed him first and snapped his neck instantly, he would have a head ache tomorrow but then we would be able to question him.

I slumped back against the stack and took a deep breath, "What took you so long?" I asked looking up at him from my bloody palms, I knew he could smell my blood. But they would heal soon and then I would have to explain where all my blood came from if I wasn't hurt.

"Had a bit of trouble to handle, specifically three of them. Your hurt?" He said sounding concerned as he stalked toward me, he gently grabbed my hands holding them in his own. "I can heal them if you'll let me." He said tentatively pulling one of my hands towards his face, I let him knowing it was the perfect excuse to my own healing. I nodded and he licked one cut and then the one on my other hand sending shivers down my spine making me gasp softly. I knew that normally my blood tasted like a humans just as my smell did. But something in his eyes changed, shifted as if he were truly seeing me. It sent that tingle washing over my skin once again, heating me from the inside out and I watched as his eyes grew even darker. I felt as if I was being pulled towards him and felt myself take a step into his embrace.

"You guys maybe want to untie me sometime today?" Called the vampire tied to the chair under the spot light. Slowly Arden released my hands and then it seemed like he had to rip his eyes from me.

"John, how on earth did you manage to get into so much trouble so quickly? You've been in town less than twenty-four hours." Arden asked as he walked over and started untying this John person. "Did you find out what they wanted?" Arden asked and I followed him slowly, first picking up my micro pistol, then finding my beretta. The two girls that had been sleeping had at some point ran off, most likely while I was being choked. I quicky called in a meat wagon for the vampire and approached the two vampires, just as John was standing up and rubbing his aching wrists.

"Well you know me, they snatched me from right in front of the hotel. I thought this was supposed to be a pretty safe town. And no they didn't even talk to me after putting me in that chair." He scoffed, but didn't seem to be hurt in any serious way, just a few cuts and bruises. Nothing that wouldn't heal if he fed. He looked over at me just as I was putting my beretta back in its holster. "Looks like you were having a better time anyway."

"Let me guess, your Arden's partner, Michelson. I'm Detective Alys Spring, Your corespondent here in The Falls. You alright?" I asked knowing the truth of it all.

("Oh, if you were mine, the things I would do to your beautiful curves!")

"Oh , si vous étiez moi, les choses que je ferais à vos belles courbes!" He said as he brought the back of my bloody hand to his lips and kissed it, "Just fine, it is nice to meet you Detective." I could see Arden's face harden, what was going on behind those dark eyes.

"Et je sais que vous le feriez Son . Juste pour mauvais que je ne date pas des gars qui se ligotés si facilement." I said that I knew he would but that I unfortunately didn't date guys who had gotten themselves tied up so easily. Arden, busted out laughing and John frowned slightly, reaching back to hit Arden in the stomach. Arden grunted but kept on. "Now if you don't mind we have a dinner to get to and I don't want to be covered in blood for it." I said and started walking back towards the front of the building. Letting my heels clack against the cement floor. "It is, good to meet you by the way, but if you were picked up just outside of the hotel. It might be wise to find sleeping arrangements elsewhere." I said as they caught up to me.

"Would I, if I could. But those were the last two rooms up for grabs when I called yesterday morning, its because of that festival there having." John said exasperated.

"Right the I.I.O.S.B. Festival this weekend, I completely forgot. Its a new thing since the integration." The I.I.O.S.B. was the International Integration Of Supernatural Beings Festival, I pondered for a moment, I really had no other choice if I wanted to keep them safe, but it was an enormously bad idea that I just knew I would be regretting later. Shit. "You may stay with me." I said cringing, thank god I wasn't looking at them, "I have plenty of space."

"As generous as that is, I would rather not sleep on a couch. Especially one I might get to well of a tan on if you know what I mean." John said smirking incredulously. I grinned back at him as I held the outside warehouse door open for them to walk through. While most older vampires could handle the light of day, the morning sun still provided a more weakened point of day for them.

"Two things, one I have uv protected windows and two why would you sleep on a couch when I have plenty of extra bedrooms." It was true and I had three extra bedrooms not in use, six total. Marta had the basement apartment, my sister Cadence took the second floor master and my room was the entire third floor. The three other bedrooms on the second floor were unoccupied and now that I thought about it. Why did I have extra bedrooms, I have never before invited anyone into my home. I guess it must be fate, I chuckled to myself. Fate, yeah thats a good one.

We all jumped into the car and I sped off in the direction of the hotel, "So is that a yes then?" I asked looking in my rear view at John and then over at Arden, who just smiled that sexy smile at me, damn. I internally shook myself, sleeping with a vampire that was soon going to be in my home was a supremely bad idea. Maybe I could convince Hank to meet me for drinks later.

"Yeah sounds good to me as long as I don't get tied up again." He said smiling at me as if I was the one who might be tying him up.

"I really don't think that will be a problem, that reminds me actually." I said as we pulled into the hotel parking lot, I threw it into park just under the awning, in front of the doors. I hit the speed dial effectively calling my sister, "Cadence, hey you remember that guy who's been working with me today?"

"Yeah why?" Cadence said from the other side of the phone.

"Arden and his partner need a safe place to stay so I invited them to stay with us. The other thing is I could use your eyes and ears on this case I'm working, think you can help me out?" I asked, as I felt more than saw the boys get out of the car.

"Yeah Sis, anything for you, you know that. Where are you now?" Cadence asked.

"She has a sister?" I heard John whisper to Arden, I smiled she would tear him apart if he tried that gooey crap on her.

"Right now we're up at Hanks place grabbing their bags but we'll be headed back to the house in just a minute. Arden and I have dinner with the Cap and Mayor in an hour and I desperately need a shower before then." I said looking down at one of my bloody hands again.

"Alright I meet you there in fifteen, I was just at the station changing. End of my shift and all, but its alright I'll help you out. At least I don't have to wear the uniform." Cadence said teasing me and I could almost see the smile she wore on the other end of the phone.

"See you in a minute. Oh..." I said looking up at the hotel to make sure John wouldn't hear, "Arden's partner might be worth a look, maybe even two. So it might be a productive night for you after all." I said with a laugh, we both said goodbye and hung up the phone just as Arden and John walked out with their bags and I jumped out to unlock the trunk.

Just as I stepped away I felt strong arms wrap around my waist and spin me around. Hank's kiss was hard and demanding, it had been at least a week since I had called him, before last night, that was a bust and now he was making me pay for it. I gently pushed the kiss to an end and pulled out of his grasp.

He was ruggedly handsome like most wolves, his long blond hair hung just past his shoulders, his deep blue eyes spoke of his werewolf side even if no one else knew it. He had a strong firm build though he only stood at five eleven only two inches taller than me.

"Sorry darling, I'm still working, probably will be all night. I'll call you later though." I said as I walk over to my door, what the hell was wrong with me, I was just thinking about calling him and now that his hands are on me I cant get away fast enough. Thats not normal, usually I cant wait to find a vacant room, what is going on with me.

"You know I wont wait around for you forever." He said slamming shut my door just as I inched it open. I had been absently looking down at Arden who sat again in the passenger seat, I could see that dark look in his eyes once again. It was almost as if I could see what he wanted to do to Hank right now just sitting on the surface of them and it wasn't pretty. He was also clenching his fists so hard that his knuckles were white, why did he seem to care so much?

I turned, leaning against the handle of my door, "Hank, have you met my new partners, Detective Michelson and Detective Haze, their from the Supernatural division." I said sweetly as I motioned from one to the other.

"I don't give two fucks who or what they are!" He said and grabbed my hand as if to hold it sweetly but squeezed it hard, I winced slightly but recovered.

"Surely I don't need to reassert my authority and remind you that I am a detective and your impeding me from solving a crime and bridging on assault of an officer, do I? Now if you don't get the fuck out of my way so I can go do my job, I'm going to show them why I'm the lead Detective in this town. Do I make myself clear?" I said in an oddly seductive tone as I ripped my hand from him, though we both knew I wasn't trying to seduce him.

"Perfectly." He said in a low, serious voice. "As soon as the vampires show up the wolves get left out in the cold. Your clear about that, you'll get whats coming to you maybe while your out 'working' tonight." He scoffed as he walked back into the hotel. Asshole, trying to lay claim on me just because other males, that happen to be good looking are around. I slid into the drivers seat, without opening the door and slammed it into gear, speeding off down main towards my house.

"Possessive Asshole." I said under my breath, but I heard both of them chuckle, of course they could hear me they were vampires, duh.

"Well he is a wolf, they tend to be like that." John said informatively.

"Yeah I knew that, but there supposed to do that with their mates. Not just some girl they occasionally have an extra bit of fun with. He knew the deal and I am not a bone that only gets buried in his back yard to get played with whenever he chooses. Somebody needs to put that boy on a leash." I spat, but started laughing when I noticed John dying of laughter in my back seat. "What?" I shrugged looking over at Arden.

"He's laughing because the werewolves absolutely hate it when they get compared to a normal dog and humans can say whatever they please about it because the councils cant effect them but vampires cant make jokes like that, at least not where anyone can hear. They might get into trouble because of the treaty signed between vampires and werewolves after the war states that vampires aren't allowed." He said explaining, it was funny hearing him talk about it when I had actually been there, matter of fact I had signed the document. They had thought I was human and there for a wonderful witness as I would not take a side either way. Two thousand years later, who's the human now.

I smiled inwardly and apparently outwardly as well. Because what I heard next had me blushing wildly, "You have a beautiful smile." Arden said quietly beside me, John oblivious as he came down from his laughing high. He was staring at me now, I glanced over at him smiling, heat rising in my cheeks threatening to make me blush as I then tried to pay attention to the road on the drive home, but he was making it increasingly hard.

Five minutes later we pulled up in front of my home and I noticed Arden and John looking around as if they were confused or lost.

"Its the Brownstone to your right." I said getting out and walking up onto the sidewalk.

They both looked up at it perplexed, "Which floor?" John asked as he retrieved the keys from me and opened the trunk.

"All of them, you'll be sleeping on the second." I said and caught the keys as John threw them at me, I looked up a my home. I had never really thought about it before but it was quite large, especially to be in the middle of the city. I looked back down at the street just as Cadence pulled up. She met me up near the door just as I went to open it and jovially gave me a peck on the cheek. The boys weren't too far behind and I just knew Marta would be giving me a happy earful.

"Sis, this is Arden who you met earlier and his partner John Michelson, John this is my sister Cadence." I introduced and stepped behind Cadence just as I saw he was going to try the same move on her he had tried on me. I just shook my head, letting him know that would not fly with her.

"Its wonderful to meet you." He said kissing her hand just as he had done with mine.

"Come on I'll show you to your rooms." I said climbing the stairs, I could feel Arden's eyes on me, was he checking me out. Interesting, I slid my jacket off of my arms tossing it onto the railing just before the second floor swallowed up the stairs. The second floor had a small sitting room just off to the left, then two bedrooms, in between them a large bathroom, on the right was my sisters master and next to it was another bedroom. At the end of the hallway was a winding staircase leading up to my floor. "John you can stay in here." I said pointing to the first one on the left across from Candence's room, "and Arden, you can stay in the next one over." I pointed to the one at the end of the hall conveniently right next to my staircase.

"Now Arden and I have been invited to dinner with the Cap and the Mayor, so either you and Cadence, can join us or you can head over to the night club I was going to check out tomorrow. It's up to you but I'm going to get cleaned up." I said and started heading towards the end of the hall.

"Which night club?" Cadence asked.

"Club Edge, you know Mark's old favorite. That's why I or I guess we now, were going there by the way, were trying to figure out what happened to Mark." She seemed perplexed, "I'll tell you more later, just if you go keep your eyes and ears open for anything suspicious. And it will give us eyes on the place two night in a row." I said frowning but she nodded and finally I was able to ascend the stairs, but not before I caught Arden's eyes staring at me again.

My room or floor as it were, was my oasis. Here I didn't have to hide anything or lie about anything. The souvenirs of my long life covered this space, at the top of the stairs is a long thick railing, the wood a piece carved out of the building I was born in, not only was it a part of the railing but it was also the head board of my bed, the foot board made of the same, sat in the middle of the room. Famous art, Indian totems, Egyptian scepters, you name it I probably had something that related, from some point in history that I lived through.

After my bedroom came my bathroom, stone floors, glass walls, waterfall shower heads, everything modern and beautiful. Next to that was my huge walk in closet I could have sworn that I had more clothes than anyone I had ever know but my sister would come in at a close second and don't get me started on shoes. Across from my bathroom and closet was my private office with surround windows. I had large windows all across my room but I had also had skylights put in with the remodel, it was beautiful at night because I could see the moon and stars from my bed.

I jumped in the shower letting my hair down I let it get wet but didn't wash it as I had already done so that morning. I washed then got out and wrapped a towel around my body and went to my closet. I knew exactly what I wanted to wear, i dried off and when to my drawers, I picked out black lace boy shorts and strapless bra to match, a black mini dress with speggetti straps, it went down to just past mid thigh. It was tasteful with out becoming slutty, but it hugged my curves like a second skin. I picked out a pair of copper colored glittery pumps, again there were tastefully done without becoming slutty or porno affiliated, though they were at least four maybe five inches high. I grabbed a small black leather single long strap purse, I placed the normal things in it like my id and some cash, phone, my badge and my minipistol just to be carful.

I went back into the bathroom and brushed out my long auburn hair which fell down just past my butt and decided to leave it down but went ahead and threw a scrunchy into my bag just in case. I put on some silver dangles, a couple copper and silver bangles on one wrist leaving the other and my neck bare. I went out to my night stand and grabbed a garter belt from it, it was leather and held a single silver knife sheath and headed back to my closet. Thats where I kept my weapons stash after all and found the knife that fit it and slid it into place on the inside of my thigh again just in case.

I grabbed my purse off of the bed where I had thrown it and ended the stairs to the second floor and then to the first, grabbing my leather jacket just as it came into view. As I rounded the corner of the stairs, I threw my purse and jacket onto the couch and descended on the unexpected guests sitting in my kitchen. Cadence and John sat on stools facing away from me at the island, both dressed casually I guess they decided not to come to dinner. Arden was across from them standing next to the sink, he noticed me first as I let my heels make a satisfyingly sexy noise against the mahogany wood floors.

Bloodwoman
Bloodwoman
192 Followers
12