Detroit City - DGH Ch. 02

Story Info
Jeff tells Sam that he loves her.
8.2k words
4.81
61.7k
67

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/27/2022
Created 07/06/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,694 Followers

You need to read part one to understand this story. I wrote it in two parts because of the length. Thank you for reading it and for your comments.

DG

Chapter 2:

On Thursday, I mentioned to Sam that I was going to go see my uncle and his family on Friday and asked her if she wanted to go along and meet them. We were already going to another Tiger game on Saturday.

"I'd like to, Jeff, but that's my night with the girls. I can't disappoint them on such short notice. Maybe another time."

It was every Friday with the girls and Saturday with me. I knew at some point I would have to have a heart-to-heart with Sam. My feelings for her were strong and beginning to bother me. I wanted to hold her, to kiss her. It was going to come to a head. I thought I'd better wait until after her sister's wedding. I didn't want to ruin that for her.

I went to my uncle's on Friday. Uncle Bud and Aunt Helen were celebrating their thirtieth wedding anniversary. My brother and his family were there and of course Allen and Carol, Uncle Bud's kids were there also.

I met a few of the neighbors and friends of my aunt and uncle. I'd met Allen and Carol when we were kids. I was two years older than Carol who was twenty-two and Allen was still in college; he was twenty-one. I remembered when they would come to visit when we were little kids.

I think my parents even brought us up to Michigan one time to see them also. I do have to say Carol was a looker. Built about like Sam and had blond hair also. I did think 'too bad she was my cousin.'

My cousin Allen came up and asked me how I liked Detroit. I told him apart from being a little lonely at times, it was okay. He saw me staring at his sister who was dressed in a rather skimpy bathing suit.

He laughed, "I know; too bad she's your cousin. It wouldn't have made much difference anyway. Her friend Cindy is here today. She and Cindy have been close friends since high school. To me it doesn't make any difference. She's a really cool sister and it's her life."

I thought for a moment. Carol and Cindy were the names of the two girls that I had heard about with Sam. Surely, it wasn't my own cousin. I needed to find out. I just had to go about it the right way.

I talked with Carol and asked her how she was doing. We talked about when we were all little kids and ran around the fields and played on the haystacks and got in trouble going into the caves. Carol just laughed. She said those were some really fun times.

We talked about her high school and she said she was a jock. She and a couple of her friends loved sports. I mentioned that I knew a woman named Samantha Davis who was a jock. That we were partners in plumbing class.

"Sam! God, I love Sam," said Carol. "She was one of my best friends. How is she doing? I sure miss her. We had some of the best times together. No girl could play sports like that girl. She was better than most guys. I really loved that girl. Tell her I would love to see her again," smiled Carol.

About that time, another good-looking woman walked up to us. Carol introduced us. "Cindy, this is my cousin Jeff. He moved here from..."

"West Virginia," I said. "Before that I lived in Kentucky. Carol used to come down and visit during a few summers."

"Nice to meet you, Jeff," smiled Cindy.

"Guess what, Cindy? Jeff is taking a plumbing class and guess who's in his class?" asked Carol.

"How should I know? I'm not exactly into plumbing..."

"Sam ... Sam is in his class. He says they are good friends," said Carol.

"Oh, my God! We love that girl. You tell her that we said hi and to come see us. Before you leave, we'll give you our address. We lost touch when we went to college. I'd love to see her again."

"I'll do that. I'm sure she would like to see you ladies again also."

"Oh," said Carol. "If you want to have a little fun with her, ask her what happened in the shower after one of our ball games. I'm sure she will remember," laughed the two ladies.

Damn, I knew what happened in the locker room. I guess what I had heard about her was true. I still don't care. I was falling in love with her. It's just she didn't know it.

On Saturday, Sam and I went to the game. I did my best to enjoy it but the thought of my cousin Carol knowing Sam did bother me. I decided not to talk to her about it yet.

I told Sam that my sister was coming to visit me and I wanted them to meet her. Sam said it would be great, just let her know when. Sue my sister came up the following weekend. She and her husband Bryan were going to stay at my brother's place for about a week; I would visit with them.

During class on Thursday I told Sam my sister and brother-in-law were coming in Saturday. They were staying for the week. They had one child who was only one year old. I also mentioned that I had met her friends Carol and Cindy at my uncle's place. She looked surprised.

"You met my friends Carol and Cindy?" asked Sam.

I handed her the address and phone number the girls had given me.

"As a matter of fact, Carol is my cousin. I had only seen her a couple of times when we were kids. I couldn't believe it when I found out she knew you," I replied.

"Carol and Cindy were my best friends in school along with the other girls that played sports. I guess it's because we spent so much time together. We all played volleyball, softball and basketball. We were all on the track team but we almost had to work it in. Our schedules were so full."

"So why didn't you keep in touch?" I asked.

"Just part of life. They both went out of state to college and I went to the local school for plumbing. I'd love to see them again. They really are a couple of fun girls," said Sam.

Again I was confused. She talked about them as good friends, not old lovers. Maybe she really isn't gay. Damn, why am I so afraid to just ask her? I really knew why. I was afraid that if she said she was, I might lose her as a best friend.

We went to my brother's place on Saturday. It was so good to see my sister again. I hugged her and gave her a sisterly kiss. "I sure missed you, Sue," I said.

"I missed you too, little brother. So, where is this girlfriend you've been hiding from the family?"

'Oh, shit,' I thought. 'How would Sam react?' I turned around and Sam had just walked in the room. She had been talking to my brother for a minute. Bob and his family had met Sam a number of times. I remember they thought she was a real looker and had a great personality. I never mentioned about her possibly being gay. At least Sam was smiling; she must have not heard Sue.

"Sue, this is my best bud Sam. Sam, Sue is my youngest and most ornery sister. This is her husband, Bryan holding my niece Amanda."

They all greeted each other with hugs. Sue looked at Sam and said, "You sure are a looker. How did my little brother ever find you?" laughed Sue.

I figured I had to get Sue to the side and tell her that Sam and I weren't a number before it got too far. I didn't get a chance as Sam answered her question.

"Jeff and I took a plumbing class together. We became friends and we have our best bud day which is Saturday. He seemed rather lost in our big city," she smiled. "So I offered to show him the sights. I've lived here my whole life."

"Well, thank you for looking after him. He is the youngest in the family," laughed Sue.

"Can I hold Amanda?" asked Sam. "I love kids."

Bryan handed Amanda over to Sam. Sam looked so natural holding my niece. "I want to hold her too," I said. "I've never seen her since she was first born."

I went home one weekend to see my sister right after she had Amanda. It was before I met Sam. Even then, Sue told me I just needed to find the right woman.

My brother and sister planned a cookout so we all went outside and played lawn games. Bryan couldn't believe how good Sam was playing these games. She even beat the teenagers. I at least held my own with her.

While I was playing a few games, I saw Sam and Sue talking. Sam was holding Amanda. It made me wonder how much Sam liked kids. Sam and Sue talked for quite awhile.

I talked to Sue myself a little while later. I needed to tell her about Sam. One thing I'll tell you about my sister. She is very outspoken. She doesn't take much from anyone.

"She's quite a catch, little brother," said Sue.

"Sue, about Sam. She's not my girlfriend; she's just my best friend," I said.

"Bullshit! Jeff, I'm not blind and I know you better than anyone. You're in love with her; anyone can see that."

"She's gay, Sue. She's a lesbian," I replied. "We're just friends."

"You're full of shit, Jeff. She's no more a lesbian than I am. Where the hell did you get such an idea? Hell, I think she loves you as much as you love her. Have you ever told her you love her?"

"No, I didn't want to spoil our friendship. Saturdays are my favorite day of the week. It's our day together."

"I suggest you have a long talk with her. Believe me, she's a keeper, unlike the ones you dated back home. I can't believe you are so naive. I guess we sheltered you a little too much," laughed Sue.

A few minutes later my uncle and aunt showed up to see my sister. Carol and Cindy were with them. Everyone greeted each other; Sam and Carol were almost crying when they saw each other. After all the greetings Sam said she and her girlfriends were going swimming and talk. She asked me if I wanted to swim with them.

"Maybe later. I'll let the three of you talk over old times first. Besides, I don't know if I could handle three gorgeous women in bathing suits even if I am related to one of them."

The girls all laughed as they ran in the house to change. It occurred to me that this would be the first time I saw Sam in a bathing suit. I had seen Carol and Cindy a couple of weeks ago.

Before Sam got into the pool she came up to me and said, "What do you think?" as she smiled and opened her towel.

"You're beautiful, Sam." As she walked away laughing to join her friends I said in a low voice, "I just wish you were more than my best bud..."

I never did join them in the pool. My brother's kids did and even Bryan jumped in. I told them I would keep Sue and Amanda company.

"Talk to her, Jeff. Do it as soon as possible. Believe me, she's not gay. I could tell Carol and Cindy are but not Sam," said Sue.

"I was going to wait till after I go to her sister's wedding," I said.

"Wait for what? If she was a lesbian, you were still going to take her as a friend. Just tell her, for Pete's sake. It's killing you inside. If you don't tell her I will," said Sue.

"OK, OK, I'll talk to her on the way home," I replied.

"Talk to her now. Please! You'll be glad you did. Trust me," replied Sue.

When Sam got out of the pool, I handed her a towel. "Sam, can I talk to you for a minute? It's very important and personal."

"What's the matter, Jeff? I've never seen you like this. Is there a problem?" asked Sam.

"God, you're gorgeous. I've never seen so much of you before."

"Thanks, Jeff, now what's going on?"

"This might ruin our friendship but I have to tell you that I'm in love with you and I think I've been since the day I met you. I just couldn't hold it in anymore. I'll still take you to your sister's wedding next week but I'll understand if you have a change of mind."

Sam had a look of wonderment on her face. "Jeff, I care for you too. What made you bring this up now? I'm missing something here."

"Are you a lesbian?"

"What? What in God's name did I ever do that would make you think I was a lesbian? You're right, Jeff, we do need to talk," replied Sam.

"Sam, could you please wrap that towel around yourself? I'm having a hard time concentrating seeing you in that bathing suit. You're so damn beautiful."

"OK, I'll slip a shirt on but you're going to tell me everything." I watched Sam walk over to the house. As she walked by my sister, she smiled. She really was a knockout. I hoped she cared for me half as much as I did her.

Sam came out with a t-shirt over her bathing suit. "OK, Jeff, what made you think I liked women?"

"Well, please don't hate me. It was a number of things that happened that made me wonder. When I first met you, you had on the coveralls and ball cap."

"So women wearing coveralls are lesbians to you?"

"Please, Sam, I'm trying to be honest with you here. I don't think women that wear coveralls are lesbians; that's stupid and we both know it. When I went out with the guys at our first class, they talked about you. Please remember that was before I really knew you. We had just met."

"Those stupid idiots. What did they say about me?" asked Sam.

"They said you were a dyke, you know, a girl that is the man in a girl/girl relationship."

"I know what a dyke is, Jeff; please continue."

"They said that they had all asked you out a number of times throughout the last couple of years and you always refused them."

"Jeff, they're assholes. Why would a girl want to go out with them? You see why they like Sheila. It's not for her conversational skills. Surely you can see why I wouldn't want to go out with any of them?" replied Sam.

"You're right. They are idiots and I told them that I didn't want to hear any more shit about you. Even if you are a lesbian, you're also my friend."

"You said that? Thank you for sticking up for me. I know there's more. What is it?

"Sheila said she saw you kissing Cindy in the locker room. At the same time, Carol had you by the boobs. I didn't really believe it till Carol told me to ask you about a locker room incident. Of course I never did ask you. I already knew."

"Jeff, I wish you would have asked me. Carol, Cindy and I were best friends. We still are. As I told you before we played all kind of sports together. You should know that both Carol and Cindy are bi-sexual. They are lovers and have been for years. They also date men too.

"What happened in the shower was the two of them were playing around. I told them they should stop before someone saw them and they would get in trouble. It made Cindy laugh and she said, 'Well, you're going to get in trouble with us.' She leaned forward and kissed me on the lips; she was holding my head between her hands. At the same time, Carol came up behind me and grabbed my boobs. We all laughed. They knew I wasn't into women; it was all in fun.

"That's when Carol looked up and saw Sheila. She was a cheerleader. Carol told her to get her skinny ass out of there. She quickly left the locker room. I guess she has been passing the story around ever since. Are there any other reasons you thought I was gay?"

"Friday night with the girls. I figured it was your night out with them," I said.

"It is my night with the girls. I'm not going to tell you about them till next Friday. You're coming with me to meet them. Now I have a few questions for you."

"Go ahead, I'll tell you whatever I can," I replied.

"Is that why you never tried to kiss me or hold my hand? I couldn't understand why I turned you off, or at least didn't turn you on," asked Sam.

"I was afraid of losing you as a friend. Since you were a lesbian I figured you would get pissed if I tried anything," I replied. "I wanted you as a friend even if we couldn't be intimate."

"Jeff, why didn't you just ask me? If we were buddies, then I would think you would have at least mentioned it."

"You never said anything to me either. Why is that?" I asked.

"At the beginning you seemed lonely but yet a nice guy. You said you just left a relationship and I didn't want a guy fresh off a rebound. Then you said we were just buddies so I figured you didn't want a relationship with me. I actually felt bad when you dropped me off every Saturday and didn't even try anything. I guess we were both trying too hard not to have an affair. What made you want to talk to me now of all places?"

"My sister Sue told me I shouldn't wait. She said she knew I cared for you right off the bat. Why are you smiling?"

"Sue asked me about you and I told her I cared for you but you didn't seem to notice me in an intimate way. That's when she told me to push the envelope and put on my bathing suit. She said if you didn't notice me then that you were dead. I took her advice."

"Sam, when you were in the pool with your friends I could tell you were talking about me by the way you were looking at me. What was being said?"

"I told you that Carol and Cindy were bi-sexual. Cindy asked if you and I were serious because she was thinking of jumping your bones."

"What? What did you say to her?" I asked.

"That you were mine but didn't know it yet and were completely off limits," said Sam with a smile. "Boy, we sure wasted some time, didn't we?"

"No, I don't think so. I got to know the real Sam; the gorgeous woman outside and the beautiful person on the inside. We never had sex or made love and I still love you. We have found out so much more about each other's likes and dislikes. We really are buddies but I want it to be so much more."

"Me too, Jeff," smiled Sam. We better get back to the party before everyone wonders where we are."

"Do I get a kiss now, Sam?" I asked.

"Nope, you made me wait, now you're going to have to wait since I know you care for me," smiled Sam.

"How long are you going to make me wait?" I laughed.

A smiling Sam said, "Not too long but long enough for you to want me."

"I want you now, Sam," I smiled.

Sam laughed and shook her butt in front of me as she walked. It was a fake walk but her butt sure looked nice.

We went back to the party. The atmosphere between us changed. She would lean up against me, hold my hand and even playfully slapped me when we played games like volleyball. I loved it and tried to kiss her a couple of times when I had her pinned down after tackling her in one of the games of keep away.

She did turn her head and I kissed her cheek. I joked with her and told her I was going to tackle her friend Cindy. If you remember earlier, Sam told me Cindy said that I was a decent catch.

"I don't think that would be a good idea. I'll have to help Cindy out and I know Carol will join in and you might lose all your clothes," laughed Sam.

I didn't know if she was bluffing or not but I wasn't about to take these three lady jocks on.

-----------------------

The following week was the end of the class for this semester. On Tuesday, the guys asked if I was going out to celebrate like we did at the end of each class. I knew Sam didn't like it and now she was sort of my girl but these guys didn't know it.

I had a talk with Sam and she told me to go. She also suggested that I tell the guys to invite Sheila. I knew she had an ulterior motive so I told the guys I would be there. I did mention to them to invite Sheila. Dan said she always shows up after the end of each class even if she didn't take the course.

I knew something was going on. I talked with my sister Sue who said she would be going home on Friday. She told me Sam invited her and Bryan out on Thursday night. I had a feeling Sam was inviting them to the Horseshoe Lounge after class.

After exams Sam told me she was leaving early. She needed time to change her clothes. She still had on her coveralls, and would be picking up Sue and Bryan. She told me under no circumstances was I to mention it to anyone.

After she left, I heard the guys say, "We're not surprised, she never comes. I really would have liked to tap her just one time. Once she was with me she would never want a woman again," laughed Bill.

"You know, Bill," I said. "You're an asshole. I asked Sam why she never dated you. She told me because you are a sorry excuse for a man. All you do is tear down women and talk about how good you are. Did you ever think that the problem might not be Sam? It just might be you."

I knew Bill wanted to say something but he knew I would kick his ass. They all knew Sam was my friend and I wouldn't listen to their snide remarks about her. I knew they did it when I wasn't around. I just didn't want to hear it.

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,694 Followers