Devils and Butterflys Ch. 02

Story Info
Esme sees him for the first time.
1.2k words
4.35
5.6k
1

Part 2 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 05/24/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Esme glanced at her reflection one more time before leaving. Her smoky grey eyes sparked with anticipation, her plum purple dress hugged her dainty figure and showed her curvaceous hips. Her long charcoal hair was swept back in a messy bun with pretty curled strands falling down her back. Her makeup was near natural with a marshmallow pink lipstick, inky black eyelashes and her cheeks were flushed with an elegant rose pink. I'll have to do she thought to herself. She grabbed her phone and keys and left.

She arrived at the restaurant 5 minutes early and cursed herself for looking too keen. She hated first dates, she never really enjoyed them. They always turned out to be a waste of time. She had only been part of an online dating website for two months, she had been on countless dates, but none of the men ever seemed to be what she was looking for. She knew it was cliche but it really was her and not them. She wasn't even sure herself what she was looking for in a man. She sat down and ordered herself a glass of dry white wine. She eyed the clock on the wall anxiously. It was now 7pm. He should be here by now. She swallowed down the nervous feeling that maybe she had been stood up and took out her phone. No texts, no phone calls.

She took a sip of her drink when she felt it. An abnormal feeling washed through her body. She had never felt anything like it. She couldn't explain the feeling, it was alien to her. Raised voices abruptly caught her attention, she peaked over her shoulder as discreetly as she could. A man that looked to be in his middle twenty's was complaining to the bar man about an apparent wrong order. Esme continued to stare unaware that she was doing it. His suit was sharp and fitted him perfectly. His hair was a beautiful dark chocolate brown colour and styled so precisely. His skin was pale and flawless, in fact everything about him was flawless. The flustered barman nodded and rushed off red faced.

Esme was about to drag her eyes away from him when without warning he met her eyes. The spark in her stomach nearly flung her from her chair. Her whole body shook and she felt a strong urge to be close to him. His whole manner changed as well. It seemed that whatever had just happened to her had had an effect on him as well. His mouth formed a small o and his eyes never left hers. His eyes were a stunning emerald green. The most beautiful green she had ever seen. His face was a dream to look at. He was almost too perfect. Abnormally perfect. There eyes stayed locked with each other for what seemed like hours before esme's view was swiftly blocked.

"Esme! Thank goodness your still here! I am so so sorry. I got caught up in the traffic and then my phone died i was just so worried you-"

"Josh, oh no don't worry its fine sit down please."

Esme gave josh her warmest smile and offered him a menu. She quickly looked back over her shoulder but to her disappointment the man who had made her feel more alive than anyone ever had in her entire life, was no longer there.

Josh was still rambling on about how the traffic had held him up. Esme was grateful she had been kept waiting. If he had arrived on time she may have never seen the man at the bar. The most handsome man she had ever seen. She felt lucky to have even shared eye contact with him.

"You look beautiful tonight esme. Absolutely breathtaking."

"Oh thank you josh."

Esme tried to look flattered and concentrate but in truth she couldn't get the man at the bar out of her head. She felt a strong longing and almost missed him even though she had never met him. She tried to grasp her emotions and make sense of them.

"So are we ready to order? You must be starving." Josh asked.

They both ordered their mains choosing to skip starters, and another bottle of wine. Esme enjoyed listening to josh's stories of around the world. He seemed a cultured man, and he was lovely. Just not esme's type. The whole date seemed pointless, esme could only think about one thing.

The evening eventually came to an end. Esme said her goodbyes and as always gave her thanks for a lovely evening. She had enjoyed it but it was the same enjoyment you would get from going for a bite to eat with a friend. There was just no sexual chemistry between her and josh. If esme was to be completely honest there had been no chemistry at all. He had tried far too hard to flatter her and esme had to put on an uncomfortable smile over and over again. She was an honest person and wouldn't say things just to be polite or friendly. If she said something she meant it, so the compliments had been painfully all one way. It wasn't she didn't find him attractive, she just didn't fancy him. She knew she wouldn't see him again after tonight, if he text she would tell him the truth but in the nicest way she could.

When she got home there was a voicemail on her answer machine, it was from clara asking how the date went. Esme would text her in the morning, she was far to tired to relay it all off tonight. And clara would only lecture her about being too picky. Esme stripped down out of her dress, took her hair down and slipped into a comfortable cotton nigh gown. She prepared herself a hot chocolate and opened up her laptop on the sofa.

She read through her unread emails and any work orders. Her boutiques catered for men as well but she didn't get a lot of sales regarding mens items, which added to her surprise that there sat in her inbox was a personal request for a mens suit. Her boutique was online as well, with all her email details for any personal made items that a customer would like making. This particular email was a personal request from a customer virtually asking for a suit very similar to a few that were already in her shop. Esme replied to the email requesting the customer to meet at her shop for some measurements unless he knew his accurate measurements already, in which case she could start preparing the fabrics for the suit tomorrow.

To esme's amazement his response was near instant, stating that he in fact did not have his measurements and he could attend a meeting for them tomorrow at her shop. Esme agreed a time and gave him the address details before shutting down her laptop, going to bed getting some much needed sleep.

Sleep didn't come as easily as she had hoped. She was plagued with dreams of the stranger she had seen in the restaurant. She opened her eyes in frustration. She couldn't understand why this man was having such an effect on her. She didn't even know him! But she suddenly found herself really wanting too. From the moment she had seen him he had stirred emotions in her she didn't even know she had. She wrapped her duvet round herself tighter and tried to settle the burning desire that was forming in her tummy. Sleep came to her eventually gently pulling her into a sense of security.