Devils and Butterflys Ch. 05

Story Info
Esme meets with alistair.
2.5k words
4.58
4.4k
1
0

Part 5 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 05/24/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Esme had had a change of heart over night. She would face him. Face that feeling and the fear that came hand in hand with it. She had dealt with bigger things than this and she realised if she didn't see him again, she would never understand the feelings she had around him. She stood in front of the mirror her eyes scanning over her petite frame, picking out all the imperfections she felt she had. When in reality her body was beautiful. Her waist was tiny but her hips had a womanly flare to them, and her boobs sat round and perky on her chest, at just a nice handful. Her thick dark hair fell just below her shoulder blades and a pretty full fringe framed her large grey eyes.

She decided to keep things formal today, she took out a crisp white shirt with a grey pussy bow around the neck, and a grey just above the knee pencil skirt. She chose a plain nude satin underwear set, and skin coloured tights. She tied her hair up into a neat ballet bun with strands falling down either side of her face. Her makeup again was near natural with just her lashes done and a slight candyfloss pink blush to her cheeks. She had naturally beautiful skin so she never needed much makeup. She pulled on a grey pair of heels and she was ready.

Her phone flashed on her dresser catching her attention. It was clara again. Damn it, she had completely forgot to tell her how her date with josh went. To be honest she hadn't given him another thought, and he hadn't contacted her after the date either, so he must have either felt the same way as her, or took subtle hints really well. She quickly texted her offering to meet her for lunch tomorrow. That should satisfy her for a bit she thought. Esme grabbed the piece of paper with alistair's address on, checked herself over one more time and left.

It turned out he only lived 10 minutes away and as she pulled up to the large metal gates she swooned in admiration. The house was huge, it must have had at least 6 bedrooms esme thought. It was strikingly surrounded by lots of lush green land and exquisite flowers. The driveway up to the house was graveled with deep grey stones, and all the way up were red roses on either side. Esme couldn't believe the size and beauty of it all, she could only imagine what it was like inside. It made her little humble cottage look pathetic.

She pulled up to the gates, as the gate was voice activated alistair had given her a code to type in. She did this and the gates slowly began to open. As she drove through, the house appeared more grand the closer she got. She noticed only one car on the drive which she presumed was alistair's. He drove a deep red Lexus SC which sat proudly in front of the house. Esme herself drove a silver Peugeot RCZ sports coupe which she loved and had had for a few years, although she kept it so well people swore she had just brought it. She parked it next to the lexus and got out. She could feel the butterfly's beginning to wake up in her stomach and she almost got back in the car, before alistair opened the front door.

"Esme. Welcome, i trust you found us ok?"

He smiled warmly at her. She tried to block out the feelings that were already beginning to surround her, bullying her into a corner. He so was beautiful, she had never seen such a beautiful man and his presence bewitched her. She remained silent stood by her car as if it could somehow protect her. Alistair's smile turned to a worried frown as he instantly picked up her uneasiness. He was wary on what to do next. He knew how she must have been feeling, he felt it too, but he knew why he felt it and could handle it better. He really didn't want her to run again so he did the best he could to take her mind of the intense feeling.

"Nice car you've got there. How long have you been driving it?"

He slowly walked towards her and the car trying his best to look interested. In truth he did like the it, alistair loved cars, pretty much any held his interest, but with esme stood next to it his mind definitely was not on the car. He could barely concentrate on anything when she was close to him. Esme seemed to wake up as he approached. Get it together she cursed herself.

"Thanks, i've had her two years actually. She's still a dream to drive though." Esme eyed alistair's lexus.

"In my opinion anyway." She added smiling.

Alistair felt like something had just fell on him, crushing him. It was the first time he had seen her genuinely smile, and it about threw him, her smile was like sunshine. He knew these feelings were going to be intense and unlike anything he had ever felt before, but these were almost suffocating him. He knew the more time they spent together the less painfully intense they would feel. He handled it like a pro, his cool and collected front never wavered.

It took all his will power to not just grab and kiss her. He wanted physically to do everything to her, hold her, kiss her, fuck her, hurt her until she begged him to stop, he wanted to own every piece of her. He wanted to spoil, cherish and love her, and show her how much he did everyday.

"The lexus, is it yours?" She asked.

"She is yes, i can take you for a ride in it sometime if you like?"

Esme smiled again almost shyly.

"I would love too." She answered looking up into his eyes.

Her innocent smile again melted him to the core. She had no idea how much power she had over him. Their eyes stayed locked together for a few seconds. He could see right into her soul and she was truly beautiful inside and out. He delved as far as he could until she became uncomfortable. She began rubbing her temples like she had a headache, not wanting to mentally exhaust her he came away.

"Well anyway would you care to come inside, i'm assuming you didn't want to talk out here on the driveway." He laughed.

Esme nodded and followed him inside. Again she was captivated by the magnificence of the house. The grand black marble staircase with a cream runner running up through the centre caught her eyes first, as it was the first thing to see as you walked in. There was a small glass round table with a huge bouquet of exotic flowers in the middle of the hallway. On either side of them were two large sitting rooms with luxurious furniture in each. There was so much to look at esme couldn't take it all in. It was the largest, most upper class home she had ever set foot in. She began to wonder if alistair was in fact a millionaire. And if he was, why had he come to such a small business such as hers? A middle aged maid with a friendly smile met them in the large hallway and asked esme what she would like to drink. Esme answered tea and followed alistair into the left sitting room.

"Sit down please esme, make yourself completely at home. Our maid is called molly and she will see to any beverages or food for you whilst your here."

"Oh um that really isn't necessary mr beauford i-"

"Please esme call me alistair."

Esme paused looking uncomfortable with the entire situation but continued. His voice was so distracting.

"Well i, um, i only really wanted to come and apologise to you face to face, my behaviour towards you in the boutique was terrible, unprofessional and rude, and for that i sincerely apologise. I take my business and customers very seriously, and i would hate to treat anyone with any less respect than they deserve. And as much as i appreciate your offer i don't feel it appropriate for you to take me to dinner when we barely know on another, so i'm afraid that i will have to turn down your offer, i'm sorry."

Alistair never took his eyes from her face as she was talking. Her hands kept clenching and unclenching her car keys, her discomfort was so visible to see and he wished her could hold her and calm her. Molly appeared with esme's tea and a glass of sparkling water for alistair.

"Thank you molly."

Esme didn't want to stay long enough to drink her tea but she also knew how rude she risked making herself look again. Just a little longer she told herself.

"You really didn't have to come here to apologise to me esme. I know how i make you feel, i never for one second considered you rude or unprofessional, i know all those alien emotions must have taken you by surprise. It was only natural for you to want to get away. I would have been more surprised if you had stayed when our feelings were that strong."

Alistair took a casual sip of his drink, completely aware that esme's stare had now grown fearful. He was prepared this time if she ran, b she would hear him out this time. She had to be told that her destiny was with him, that she belonged to him. Her feelings couldn't be awakened until she became aware.

Esme froze. She suddenly didn't dare move. Who was this man? How the hell did he know how she had felt that day in the shop? And what did he mean by our feelings? She wanted to get up and run, she now felt she was in danger and she swallowed down the fear that was climbing its way up her throat. Her heart was threatening to pound out of her chest and her legs had turned to jelly. She should have trusted the un natural feelings she felt around him. She should have known he wasn't normal and stayed away.

She suddenly got up and ran without thinking, her whole body shaking with adrenaline. She reached for the front door but to her horror it was locked shut. She hit it with her hands desperately and tried pulling it harder. It wouldn't budge. Tears began falling from her eyes as she spun round to see alistair stood watching her calmly.

"Please, open the door, let me go." She begged her voice shaking with fear.

It hurt alistair deeply seeing her in such a state, and seeing her so afraid with him being the cause was breaking him. He tried his best to calm her.

"Esme please calm down, it's alright no one is going to hurt you, and you have my word i will let you go. But first i need you to sit back down and listen to me."

Alistair's voice was so gentle and soothing, he managed to calm her slightly. She remained by the door still visibly shaken and tearful.

"I have something to tell you esme that you really need to know. I promise i won't hurt you. Your in no danger, i just really need you to hear me out. Please."

He held out his hand towards her.

"Im asking you to trust me esme, it will all make sense in a few minutes i promise."

She paused for a few more seconds before trusting her gut feeling and took his hand. As she did an electric current traveled up through her body and she snatched her hand away.

"What did you do!? What the hell was that!?"

Her voice was again panicked but raised this time. Alistair felt it too, but it excited him to his core. If he had any doubts before that esme was his mate, that amazing feeling just proved it.

"Esme please i will explain everything but sit down first. It's going to be a lot for you to take in."

Alistair remained still letting his words sink in.

"Who. Are. You?" Esme asked quietly, her voice shaking.

Alistair said nothing but gave her a pleading look to sit down. After a few more minutes she finally came away from the door and made her way back to her seat. She perched on the edge of the chair ready to run again if she needed too. Her head was spinning and she couldn't think straight.

"Molly, please bring esme another drink, some water this time and a painkiller for her headache please."

Esme hadn't noticed the maid stood in the doorway, she guessed with all the fuss she stuck around incase she was needed. Or maybe she was as strange as alistair. It suddenly occurred to her that alistair again knew how she was feeling. She hadn't said she had a headache. And yet, he knew. She felt goosebumps raise on her arms.

Alistair waited for esme to take her tablet and have a drink before explaining everything she needed to know. The next hour went by in a blur. Esme could only take in small parts of what alistair was telling her. She felt physically and mentally numb from all the information he was piling on her shoulders. Did he seriously expect her to believe this crazy idea that he and her were 'mates'? What did that even mean? The fact he had said he was a demon confirmed her thoughts, he was crazy and she knew she had to leave. She said nothing and stood up.

"I would like to leave now."

Alistair looked at her shaky form and pasty pale face. He knew she most definitely didn't believe him, he also knew it would take a few days for her to process any of what he had told her. He was fully prepared for her to think he was crazy, no person in their right mind would believe it. But he would show her in time, and she would come to realise it was the truth. He walked her to the front door and opened it, before he could say goodbye or ask if she was well enough to even drive she made a dash for her car. He watched her get in and turn the ignition on. He began to feel empty as he watched her speed up his drive. She hadn't looked at him again. The gates slowly opened after she had put the code in, and she drove away too quickly for alistair's liking.

He missed her as soon as she was out of his sight, his living room now smelt like her and he could visibly see where her lips had been on her glass. He had done what he saw as the easy part. Now all he had to do was the hard part. Wait.