Devil's Dandruff

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MrRobbur
MrRobbur
1,334 Followers

I didn't say anything to her for several minutes while I was thinking over the entire situation. Finally I told her "You can stay in the guest room for as long as you need. If I ever see you fucked up or high though I will cut you loose from me forever. Do we understand each other?" I finished.

Cathy just threw her arms around me and said "thanks!" I brought her up to the guest room and made her comfortable. I went down stairs and cooked Cathy a homemade meal because she looked like she ate last week sometime and was very sick looking. That was the start of end. We never had sex or talked about it. I would kiss her forehead before she went to bed each night. I think she thought that was beautiful and she always feel asleep with a big smile on her face looking at peace.

One time she asked me to get rid of the newspaper picture of Rod being led away in handcuffs by the police on the fridge. She said she didn't like to look at him every morning in the kitchen. I told her no because it should remind us both of what we lost.

On a related note she surprised me by saying one time "I should thank you for the anonymous warning call on my cell phone the night of the big bust. I left Emma's as instructed and a minute later the cops raided the house." Cathy informed me.

"That was the biggest mistake I ever made in my life Cathy, I just wanted to help you. But getting you off the hook made cleaning yourself out never happen. Bill Tooley my cop friend did that out of friendship for me. You just kept going though and never looked back in my direction. I thought once Rod and Emma were out of the picture you would surely come back to me. You never did." I told her to the shocked expression on her face.

"Bobby there hasn't been a day gone by I didn't think of you and I had some real hazy times towards the end. I always knew deep down your love for me was real. Everything else was bullshit! I was just too fucked up to realize it until the end." she told me honestly.

I took care of her for the next three months as her health got worse. A simple cold would almost kill her, and I got germ phobic trying to keep her healthy as I could. Finally I hired a nurse to come in towards the end. Her parents wanted to know how she was doing. I told them all about her health and how she was getting worse.

Finally I told Cathy that her parents were outside in the hallway and wanted to see her. They had kept their distance for the last three months but after I told them she didn't have long they insisted on seeing her.

When they entered our guest room they were both amazed and saddened at how small and frail she was. Not the daughter they remembered. They had not seen her for over a half year. They basically disowned her but had a change of hearty at the end. They always loved her but it was painful for them also. I let them get caught up and have their say to each other.

Before they left they thanked me for being so kind to someone who didn't deserve it. "Bobby you were always a good person, never forget that no matter what happens in your life." Barbara said to me as she kissed me and left. Her father just gave me a big bear hug wiped the tears that were failing and left without a word.

It was good that they saw Cathy that last time because the next day she died of complications from pneumonia. Her body was too weak to fight it off and she died in her sleep, peacefully and with a content smile on her face from me kissing her goodnight as I always did.

It is a funny thing how fate closes a door but opens a window. The funeral arrangements were all made by Cathy's parents. I was too out of it to do all of that. I was still dealing with the losing of my wife for the second time. This time it was final.

At the funeral home I met the beautiful woman who was in charge. Her name was Rachel and she ran the business since her dad retired. She was stunning and charming. I could fall for her anytime and then I remembered I was at my wife's funeral and felt guilty for my sexual thoughts about her. It had been a long time.

Well she seemed to know a great deal about me though. Cathy's parents were filling her in on me and my marriage. They told her about me taking her in when no one else would. They told her of the care and loving I gave someone who didn't deserve it but did it anyway out of love.

Rachel approached me after the service and handed me a piece of paper. It was her name, address and phone number. I looked at it funny and then she said "Your in-laws told me all about you and the problems in your life. Barbara has been trying to fix you up with me since we met and found out I was single. I didn't know at first if I was even interested but after seeing and meeting you I see what they see in you."

"I know this is a tough time in your life but life goes on. Please call me if you wish and maybe we can have dinner or do something fun sometime. This job is not a real laugh a minute if you know what I mean." she hinted at me with a smile.

I waited one week out of respect for Cathy and then called her. I am looking forward to our date this Friday and just maybe a real future for me again. Life does go on and so must I.

THE END

MrRobbur
MrRobbur
1,334 Followers