Devonny Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
theDuskyGirl
theDuskyGirl
1,104 Followers

Devonny recognized the exquisitely lovely face and shiny raven curls immediately. It was the young woman she had met riding with Rochard that day not to long ago.

The young woman smiled sweetly, but Devonny did not miss that the smile did not reach her eyes. "I thought I might find you in here," she drawled, stepping into the room. She eyed Devonny closely. "My, my, you've been crying," her tone sympathetic. "Is everything alright?"

Devonny eyed the other woman warily, dapping at her eyes with a white kerchief. She rose to her feet. "I'm alright. Was there something I could do for you?"

"Oh no," Isabella declared sweetly. "I had thought that there was something that I could do for you. Just a word of advice."

Devonny's brows drew together in consternation.

Isabella stepped further into the room. "Be careful of Gabriel Davenport, my dear. He has a way of making you feel wonderful, like you're the only woman in the world for him, only to cast you aside on a whim. Do not let him into your heart."

Devonny stared at her. "How would you know anything of it?"

Isabella lifted her chin, her eyes watering slightly. "We were to be married once. We had been promised to each other as children and we had grown to love each other..." her voice cracked and she cleared her throat delicately. "I gave myself to him and he cast me aside as though I were nothing, less than nothing."

Devonny's heart sank into the pit of her stomach, but she could not stop herself from asking. "And what does any of that have to do with me?"

Isabella smiled sadly. "If he could do such a thing to me—his future wife—consider what he might do with a pretty young girl like yourself with no place in the world."

It was as though she had been struck, and she gripped the back of the chair to steady herself. Devonny could scarcely breathe.

"Goodnight, my dear," Isabella cooed. "Remember what I've told you." And she was gone with a swish of her skirts.

Devonny did not know how long she stood rooted to that spot after the door swung closed behind Isabella. After all, what did it even matter anymore?

theDuskyGirl
theDuskyGirl
1,104 Followers