Diavolo Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He must've heard her because he was suddenly whirling about to pin her with his dark enigmatic eyes.

Daniel was as handsome as ever with the breeze tousling his short chestnut-colored locks.

She absorbed and drank in the familiarity of him—the firm lips, the noble brow. This man, who'd once been her childhood infatuation, only stirred warm feelings of affection. The Armani suit he wore was impeccably cut and tailored, accentuating the breadth of shoulders and trim hips. He was almost as tall as Gabriel.

She felt her face flush hotly at the thought of Gabriel and the memory of how he'd yanked her against his hard body.

Oh, would she ever forget that devil's spawn? Her mother had been right...and—oh-god—he was Daniel's half brother too!

"Abigail?" Daniel's eyes narrowed on her.

She plastered a fake smile on her face and walked toward him. "Daniel. How nice to see you again."

He grinned, but his smile didn't really reach his troubled eyes.

"How are you?" he said reaching for her hands. Gripping them warmly, he kissed her knuckles, before staring intently into her eyes.

She swallowed and looked away, feeling terribly guilty for some reason. Maybe it was because she'd never gone beyond holding hands with Daniel, while Gabriel...

"Is there something you want to tell me?" he asked softly.

Horrified, Abigail snapped her gaze back to him.

He was no longer smiling, but watching her.

Abigail stepped back, her hand coming up to her throat. "What do you mean, Daniel?"

Daniel's straight brows drew closer together. He cleared his throat, eyes darting down to his feet before he reached into the pocket of his jacket to retrieve his cell phone.

After tapping the screen a few times, he turned it over in his palm to show her.

Abigail squinted at the grainy pictures before she sucked in a ragged breath. There were about six of them. The first showed a very compromising picture of Gabriel, with his arms around her and her sister's dress up over her backside. What was worse was that he was shirtless and her hands were all over him. Her left leg was bent, almost straddling his thigh. They looked like they were having sex, or about to. The second picture showed Gabriel pulling his shirt on her, and then the third looked as though he were pulling her against him, almost kissing her. She knew it was when he'd pulled her dress down. The last three pictures just showed him picking her up and heading into the pool house.

"Oh-god," was all she could whisper pathetically.

Daniel tucked his phone back in his pocket, his eyes soft now as he regarded her. "Abigail, I'm sorry I had to show you this, but it shocked me, especially since you'd expressed your desire to take up a religious vocation."

Abigail did not know what to say. She was mortified. Her image was plastered all over the internet linking her to Gabriel...something her younger sister had managed to avoid.

"Don't get me wrong, Abby. I'm thrilled you decided to find..." Daniel looked dubious for a moment, "...someone in your life..."

She wanted to scream and rant that she was in no way involved with that infuriating man, but the pictures were so damning. How would she explain it all to Daniel without exposing her sister?

"Just, be careful," he continued after a while. "You are far too precious to be any man's plaything."

Her face flushed hotter at his pointed look. He looked as if he wanted to say more, but just shook his head and looked away.

Abigail gulped. What must he think of her? That she'd allowed Gabriel to bed her? The mere thought had her wrapping her arms over her chest as a shudder wracked her form again.

"I have a very special guest arriving today, Abigail. I certainly hope you will be present for my first dinner back home with the family after being away for almost a month."

"O-of course," she blurted, nodding, unable to meet his eyes anymore.

"Good," he replied curtly, "I'll see you then."

As he walked off, she sat numbly on the bench of the gazebo.

Her entire reputation was ruined. People would see her and think she was...a harlot. She'd never even kissed a man...not even Daniel.

She stared at her aunt's prized rose bushes trailing up the side trellises of the gazebo. The riot of red reflected off the small pond that wrapped around the back of the gazebo. Leaning over the whitewashed railing, she gazed at the array of Koi swimming lazily beneath the cool water. The ends of the willow trailed within the rippling depths of the shallow pond as fluffy white clouds floated across the bright blue sky overhead.

Everything looked so perfect and peaceful...so at odds with how she felt. Inside, her thoughts were a riot of turmoil. She hated that her mother had used her to save the likes of Mikayla from making a mockery of her engagement with Daniel. Hated that her sister couldn't appreciate having a fiancé as special as Daniel. He certainly didn't deserve someone like Mikayla. She was beneath him.

She hated that Gabriel had to be so disturbing attractive, and how she couldn't seem to stop shuddering or aching everywhere with the mere thought of the man.

Daniel had never evoked such terrible carnal desires as Gabriel. It was just wrong and sinful.

After what felt like hours, Abigail rose from her perch within the gazebo. The sun was already setting and casting long shadows in the maze.

She wound her way back to her balcony and entered her room.

Mikayla was waiting for her, pacing furiously next to the white iron bed sitting in the middle of the room.

Her sister's hair looked as though she'd run her hands a million times through it, all mussed and wild.

Abigail stopped abruptly at the French doors when her sister pinned her with a murderous glare.

"You fucking little whore," she yelled. "You wanted Gabriel all to yourself, didn't you?"

Abigail recoiled. "Mikayla, I only want what's b—"

"Shut-up, you conniving little slut," Mikayla shouted stomping toward her.

Abigail yelped when her sister gripped her arm tight, her nails digging into her skin painfully. She pulled her other arm up defensively, fearing Mikayla would slap her. She looked ready to tear her eyes out.

"Mikayla, please! Mom just wanted me to speak with him—"

"But you fucked him too, you little tramp," Mikayla snapped, striking out.

Abigail managed to turn her face in time, but Mikayla's nails scraped part of her cheek and throat.

Next, her sister grabbed her hair.

Abigail cried out and tried keep her sister from doing too much damage, but the blows made her head spin and ears ring.

After a while, their mother joined the fray and tried to separate them.

It took her mother and two other maids to pull a screeching Mikayla off Abigail.

Abigail wiped the blood from the corner of her lips and stared horrified at her sister. She looked like she was possessed.

Her mother was yelling as well, but Mikayla was screaming like lunatic, completely lost to her rage.

Marjorie pulled her hand back and slapped her daughter hard across the face.

Mikayla finally shut up, staring daggers at her mother as well.

After a few seconds of stunned silence, Abigail's mother finally spoke. "I cannot believe either of you. Fighting like bitches in heat over a mongrel."

Her mother stared at them, back and forth, her breath coming in ragged pants.

Mikayla shook the maids off her angrily. After giving Abigail one last blistering glare, she stalked out of the room.

Marjorie smoothed one shaking hand over her blond bob, trying to gain her composure.

Abigail rushed to her nightstand to retrieve a tissue and dab at her eyes and nose.

"Be off now," her mother shooed the maids. Both women beat a hasty retreat, giving Abigail baleful stares over their shoulders as they closed the door behind them.

Abigail stared at her mother. About to tell her it was all her fault for letting Mikayla do as she pleased since she was born, Marjorie cut in. "I am so disappointed in you."

Abigail stared at her in shock.

Her mother sniffed and turned walking toward the door. "Your aunt and I had such high hopes for you, Abby, but your behavior is inexcusable. I hope you don't intend on continuing to sleep with that—" Marjorie wrinkled her nose in disgust.

"I've never slept with anyone," Abigail exclaimed. "I swear!"

Her mother pursed her lips and stared down her nose at Abigail. "Dinner is at seven. Daniel has invited a guest. Let's hope whoever it is hasn't seen your vulgar display on the internet."

***

At a quarter to seven, Abigail was ready for dinner. She'd dressed in a knee length golden brown dress with a square neckline and big black buttons running down the front. Donning a nude pair of pantyhose and dark brown pumps, she pulled her hair back in a simple ponytail. Lastly, she put on a pair of pearl earrings Daniel had given her on her sixteenth birthday.

Hearing a soft knock, Abigail pushed her glasses up her nose and rushed to open her door.

The sight of Daniel leaning against the doorframe surprised her. He looked distracted again until he realized she'd opened the door. Straightening to his full height and offered her his arm with a slight smile.

"Would you allow me the honor of escorting you to greet our guest when he arrives?"

Abigail blinked at him, stupefied. Why would he want her to stand with him to greet his guest? Wasn't that Mikayla's job now?

Daniel's smile grew. "Mikayla will meet us in the foyer. She's putting the finishing touches on her makeup."

"Oh," Abigail replied.

Swallowing a gulp of pure nerves, she accepted Daniel's arm.

He felt solid beneath his sharp pinstripe suit. The scent of some wonderfully exotic cologne teased her nose. Daniel felt so safe, so familiar.

Her entire life had come apart since she'd come back. Clearly, thinking she could smooth things over had backfired terribly.

Looking up at Daniel, the way he carried himself, with such assurance and gentleness had her blinking back tears.

Poor, sweet Daniel. If anything, perhaps she'd spared him some humiliation despite tarnishing herself in the process.

They walked down the mansion's left wing corridor until they reached the main hall with the spiral staircase just beyond the grand foyer.

Mikayla was just coming down the stairs wearing a white dress with some lace lining the plunging neckline. A long necklace of crystals glittered down the front of her body and her red curls bounced with each angered step she took. At the moment, Mikayla's eyes were staring daggers at Abigail.

When she reached Daniel, Abigail had to look away in humiliation as her sister wrapped her arms around him and kissed him hard and deep, moaning throatily.

Daniel cleared his throat and touched his lips, clearly trying to see if Mikayla's red lipstick was smeared all over his mouth.

"Don't worry, baby. It's kiss-proof," she giggled, batting her lashes at him.

Daniel looked flustered and nodded, adjusting his tie. "Of course, Mikayla."

A rumbling sound caught Abigail's attention. It sounded as if a beast were approaching the house.

"Ah! That must be our guest," Daniel said smiling broadly now.

He looked genuinely excited.

She frowned when he took her arm again and led both her and Mikayla outside.

Abigail gaped as the loud Harley roared around the circular driveway.

Its rider wore ripped jeans and a leather jacket with matching gloves. His boots had many straps running up the front with gleaming metal buckles glinting at the back of his calves.

She stared, her mouth hanging open as the rider stopped and turned the purring machine off after putting down the kickstand. He swung one powerful looking leg over the bike and proceeded to remove his black helmet.

Before he even shook his long black hair out, Abigail already knew it was Gabriel. His hair flowed around his shoulders in wild abandon, and his rugged jaw was shadowed with a day's growth of beard. He looked dangerous, foreboding...regal. Green eyes flashed at her, burning her where she stood. Had Daniel's grip on her arm not tightened, she might have fled as he stalked like a predatory beast toward her.

Daniel gave her a perplexed stare just before stepping forward and shocking her by grasping Gabriel in a hard hug.

Gabriel frowned, as if confused also. The moment he stopped looking at her, Abigail was able to tear her eyes away from him to look at her sister. Poor Mikayla looked sick, as if she were about to swoon.

"Allow me to introduce you to my fiancée," Daniel was saying.

Mikayla's face paled even more, but she stuck her hand out as Gabriel grasped and shook it, his eyes cold and distant.

"And, of course, you already know who this is," Daniel was saying gesturing to Abigail

Oh-no!.

Again, that predatory gaze ensnared her.

Gabriel walked right up to her as she weakly offered her trembling hand.

He bypassed the hand and wrapped one arm around her waist and the other around the back of her neck.

Abigail was barely able to draw in a shocked breath when he dragged her against him and covered her mouth with his.

Good-god!

As if the feel of his lips on hers wasn't enough, he slid his tongue into her mouth completely shocking her...his tongue!

Her knees immediately gave way beneath her as he assaulted her mouth and pressed her close.

She'd always imagined her first kiss in a romantic setting, a candle light dinner, a walk in the garden, or perhaps along a moonlit beach. She'd imagined it would be sweet, tender, making her sigh. Certainly, no tongue involved the first time!

Gabriel's kiss offered Abigail none of that, except making her heart race and her legs grow weak. Again, that incessant pounding between her legs began. It had her moaning until she came to her senses, remembering that her sister and Daniel were still present.

Oh-no!

Embarrassed, she struggled against Gabriel. Their lips separated with a wet pop. He was fisting her hair, which he'd yanked free of her ponytail.

Alarmed, Abigail twisted her head around only to discover they were alone.

Her nipples tightened when Gabriel slid his mouth down her throat with a growl, the roughness of his stubble giving her goose bumps.

"S-stop," she hissed pushing against his chest.

He suddenly reared back, staring at her throat. "What the fuck, Abigail! Who the hell hurt you?" he practically roared.

His anger took her by surprise. She blinked rapidly, her hand coming up to where Mikayla had scratched her earlier.

He pulled her hand away and traced the angry lines. Trying to cover them with makeup hadn't worked, obviously. His green eyes snapped to hers, his kiss-swollen lips pressing into an angry line.

"As if it were any of your business," Abigail snapped. "My sister and I had a disagreement."

His gaze softened. "Oh."

That's all he had to say? Abigail struggled for him to release her, but he held on, his gaze skimming over what he could see of her appreciatively. "Let me go. What are you doing?'

"I was greeting you," he replied.

The breeze blew a swath of his dark hair against her cheek. It smelled so good she almost leaned close to rub her face against in it.

Almost.

Instead, she shook her head as if she'd just walked into a spider web and glared at him.

He laughed, a low seductive sound that made her toes curl.

Oh—how she loathed the devil.

He touched the black rims of her glasses with one fingertip. "I like these...fucking sexy."

Abigail slapped his hand away, appalled at his randy behavior.

He just bit his lower lip, eyes twinkling with mischief. "I think we'd better go inside before your family starts talking about us."

Abigail's face flushed. He was baiting her. He must've seen the pictures too.

"Why are you here? What are you up to?" she demanded.

His eyes grew cold again and he released her. His grin widened. "Why so scared, Pop Tart?"

"Stop calling me that."

"Fine, baby—"

"Don't call me that either." She just barely restrained herself from stomping one foot in agitation. "Explain why you're here?"

His smile died and a cruel light gleamed within his eyes. "I've come to claim what's mine," he said through gritted teeth.

Abigail felt herself pale. Her hands clasped together under her chin as she stared at him, eyes wide. "Please," she begged, thinking of Daniel. He couldn't do this. Gabriel's eyes narrowed. "You can't do this to Daniel. He's done nothing to the likes of you."

Gabriel suddenly gripped her arms and got into her face. "Why do you care so much for Daniel?" His lips twisted into a sneer. "Are you in love with your sister's boyfriend?"

Abigail yanked her arms from his grasp. "No. I just care very much for him. He was a very dear friend to me since we were children."

Gabriel snorted in disgust. "You had a crush on him."

Abigail clenched her teeth. "Shut -up. You know nothing about me."

Gabriel stepped into her personal space again. "He's a fool. He picked Mikayla over you, didn't he?" Abigail gasped when his hand tangled in her hair again, drawing her lips a breath away from his. "Mikayla thought to play with me and toss me aside for her rich boyfriend. Maybe I want revenge, Abigail."

Abigail shook her head, unable to tear her eyes from the smoldering green of his. Her heart sank. Was that why he'd made a production of kissing her? "Daniel had nothing to do with this."

If anything, the smoldering rage in his gaze burned hotter. "How can you defend that bastard? He ignored you."

"He didn't ignore me," she snapped before she realized what she was admitting to.

"So then he dumped you for her," Gabriel growled.

Abigail glanced behind her and wriggled free of his grasp. Looking back at him, she lifted her nose. "I decided I wanted to be a nun."

Gabriel's eyes went round...for at least three seconds before he threw his head back and laughed.

Abigail gripped the lapels of his leather jacket and tried to shake him silent. It was like trying to shake a sturdy tree. "Be quiet. How dare you laugh at me!"

Gabriel wrapped his arms around her again. "Baby, the Kardashian's are more fit to be nuns than you."

Abigail tried to rear back, offended by his words, but he cuddled her close. "I can feel and see the passion in you, Abigail."

"Stop this behavior this instant. Release me," she demanded pushing against his chest.

He let her go, and crossed his arms over his impressive chest. "Fine. You decide. Either you play along at being my girlfriend for a while or I tell Daniel everything."

Abigail stared horrified up at him. "W-what? B-but why? What could you hope to possibly gain by this absurd pretense?"

He just shrugged, shoving his hands in his pockets as he stared at her through narrowed eyes.

"It's up to you," he challenged. "You either walk with me into that house, or you walk in behind me to pick up the pieces of your precious Daniel," he finally spat with disdain.

Abigail stared after him, mute, as he brushed past her toward the door.

Would he dare?

In a panic, she rushed after him, gripping his arm to halt him before he entered the ornate double doors of the mansion. He looked down at her and gripped her hand, hauling her in after him. "I'm not sure I'm glad you changed your mind. I just might spill the beans anyway, you know."

About to tell him off, she bit her tongue instead when she caught sight of her mother coming down the stairs. Marjorie Brown's blue eyes were wide as she took in the sight of Gabriel holding onto Abigail's hand.

His boots sounded loud as he crossed the room to where Daniel and Mikayla stood.

Mikayla just stared blankly at the huge vase of flowers under the crystal chandelier in the middle of the foyer. Daniel smiled at Both Gabriel and Abigail as he slipped his arm around Mikayla's waist.

"Marjorie, I'd like to introduce you to Gabriel Brinks, better known as Gabriel Raven, lead singer of Diavolo. Gabriel, this is a very important person for you. Marjorie Brown is Abigail's mother."