Diavolo Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jealousy was a bitter taste on her tongue, but it was hardly his fault. He was a public figure. This was something she would have to deal with being his girlfriend and later on his wife.

Stress lines bracketed his mouth. It was probably time for his pain meds. Stroking his dark hair back from his face, she suggested they go back to the room.

He smiled at her and nodded. "Whatever you say, Poptart."

She grinned up at him, hugging her big white teddy bear. She was going to have to come up with a good pet name for him also.

*******

Life had a way of intruding when you least wanted it to.

They returned to the beach house on Newport Bay. Diamond had booked them recording time at a studio, despite Gabriel's protests. They only had three songs. What the fuck was the rush?

Once in the studio though, his muse gripped him by the balls and four more songs were churned out. Michal would give him a ride early to the studio and they wouldn't leave until late at night.

Four days of this, and he'd returned to find Abigail had cooked him a succulent steak dinner to soften the blow of telling him she had a job.

He did his best not to flip out until she told him it was in the same building as North Star Records.

"What?" he bellowed.

"It's a daycare on the first floor. I'm going to be an aid, reading stories to the children and playing games with them."

Gabriel had stood abruptly, sending the dining room chair flying. He gripped his hair two handed as he began to pace. She'd be near Daniel.

"Gabriel, please. I don't understand why you're so upset."

He turned, feeling his eyes about to pop out of his skull. "You don't?"

She wrung her fingers together, her teeth sinking into her lower lip. "Is this because of Daniel?"

Gabriel just snarled, unable to utter a single decent word.

"Gabriel, please. He's your brother."

"How would you feel if Diamond hired Micks as her personal assistant? She'd be in my damned face almost every day," he spat taking few steps back to the table, hands fisted at his sides.

Abigail just stared up at him with those humongous blue eyes, sweet lips pursed in a pout that he just wanted to kiss and bite.

"I'd trust you, Gabe," was her soft reply.

He grunted and clutched his chest. Christ. She might as well have sucker-punched him in the gut.

"Baby, I trust you," he huffed in exasperation, walking right up to her and gripping her arms. "It just makes me crazy knowing he was your first love."

He didn't mention the fact that he was still secretly worried she still felt something for him.

Gabriel kissed her hard, possessively, before breathing against her lips, "You don't know how frustrating that is."

She pressed her palms against this chest when he dipped his head for more of her taste.

She stared deep into his eyes. "We never kissed, Gabriel. We never even held hands."

He reared back, feeling confused. "I thought you said he was your first boyfriend."

Abigail pulled away and turned, her palms smoothing over the cute frilly shorts she'd donned for him. His eyes devoured the sight of her heart-shaped ass before he realized she was talking.

"Our mothers wanted us to be together. They encouraged us. Godmother sent me away to the best schools in Europe. Girls' schools. Daniel and I saw each other sporadically, but Paulina always wrote to me about all his accomplishments and how he was anxious to see me during the summer vacations. I was always terribly shy and I guess so was he, but we developed a warm friendship and I felt comfortable around him whereas other men always made me feel wary."

He stalked forward, gripping her under her arms and lifting her to rest noisily on the piano. Trapping her with his hips between her legs and his arms to either side of her he leaned close to her face. "What about me? Did I make you feel scared?"

Abigail gulped, her eyes and fingers trailing over the intricate lines of tattoos that sleeved both his arms. "At first, yes. A lot."

He didn't like that answer. "You felt nothing else?"

She blushed. "I...I thought you were quite handsome in a wild untamed kind of way."

He grinned. "Yeah?"

She blushed redder, completely captivating him.

"You still think I'm handsome in a wild and untamed kind of way?" he teased.

Her sweet lips twitched, a dimple appearing by each corner. Long lashes batted behind glass lenses as she peeped up at him shyly, her grin completely adorable.

He growled deep in his throat watching as her cheeks glowed brighter and her pupils widened. Yeah. She liked when he acted wild and untamed with her.

Whatever her reply might have been, he didn't let her answer, preferring to kiss her senseless instead.

He clutched her ass and dragged her against him, rubbing himself between her spread thighs. She gasped and arched her back.

They'd taken to dry humping like a couple of randy teenagers, sad as that might be, but if that was as far as she'd allow him to go, he'd take what he could and be grateful.

He bit her lips and growled, "first time I saw you at Ariel's place you blew my mind."

She stopped arching against him and frowned in confusion. "I did? I looked a mess that day."

"God-no," he scoffed. "You had that tight little dress that barely covered this gorgeous ass, and that hair..." He sieved his fingers through the loose golden strands, loving the silky feel of it. "The glasses, and those big blue eyes of yours. One look and I was hooked. And then you slapped the shit out of me. I was a goner for sure, pissed and horny as fuck for you," he confessed truthfully.

Her face flushed neon. "Gabriel!"

He chuckled and dipped his head to nip at her neck and ear.

"The food is getting cold," she panted.

He suddenly remembered why she'd cooked such a feast and pouted down at her.

"Do you have to work at that place? Didn't you apply anywhere else?"

"A youth center, but I liked the daycare a lot. They have babies from weeks old to four years old."

He stared into her hopeful eyes. She would take the job regardless, but he could see that his approval meant a lot to her.

"I trust you, Abby." Was all he said, kissing her softly.

"Oh, Gabe, thank you," she gushed, gripping him hard to cover his face in sweet kisses.

*******

Abigail watched Gabriel prowl around the apartment, a scowl set on his handsome features.

This was the seventh place she'd brought him to. There had been ten choices on her list. He'd shot down three immediately, stating they were in dangerous neighborhoods.

Again, they'd argued heatedly over her decision of moving into her own place. Now that the beach house looked like it had potential buyers, she wanted to move into her own place before Gabriel could try to persuade her into moving into some lavish home with him.

The first complex they'd visited, he hated because there was too much traffic.

The second place was too isolated and had no surveillance. He'd taken one look and snarled a "hell-no".

The third and fourth place had rowdy residents, according to him. One had two guys working out near the pool, and the other a party toward the back of the building with lots of boisterous male shouting.

The fifth place, he claimed he didn't like the way the guy tending the grounds grinned at her, some poor pimple-faced boy about sixteen years old.

Abigail had to roll her eyes at that one.

The sixth place, she conceded since the owner had one of those fake tans and lots of gold jewelry and kept calling them both "baby" with a leering grin.

"Wow, wait till my wife gets a look at you," he chuckled at Gabriel. "You guys like to swing?"

Gabriel had ushered her out of there so fast, her head spun.

"Did he mean the dance kind of swing?" she asked as they sped out of the parking lot.

Gabriel gave her a sideways glance, eyes wide. "No."

When he explained later that night, she'd almost gagged.

Now they'd arrived at her favorite place, Newport Bluffs.

There were various one-bedroom floor plans, some bigger than others, but Abigail just wanted something cozy with a fireplace.

Although the community was a bit more luxurious than what she'd preferred, it was gated, with guards posted and had surveillance. It looked quiet and stately, and she'd fallen in love with one of the floor plans she'd seen online.

As she marveled at the dark wood cabinets and stainless steel appliances, she glimpsed Gabriel checking the locks of the glass doors that led out to the patio. He snorted and stalked into the bedroom.

Abigail checked out the bathroom smiling at the neutral tones of almond. Already, her mind began ticking off the things she'd buy to decorate it.

Turning to check out the bedroom, she ran head first into Gabriel.

He wrapped his arms around her before she fell backwards. It was like running into a brick wall.

When he continued to press her face against his chest, she said, "this is the one I want."

"I don't like it."

Abigail shoved him away and glared at him. "What's wrong with this place?"

Gabriel ran an agitated hand through his dark hair. "The patio locks don't look secure."

She rolled her eyes. "Gabriel, this is a third floor. I doubt someone is going to scale the building to break into my apartment through there.

"You never know," he grumbled.

He looked so cute pouting and cranky-faced, she just had to wrap her arms around his neck and rise on tiptoes to kiss his chin, since he refused to bend a little to meet her halfway.

Gorgeous green eyes lowered to her, thick black lashes shading them to emerald. His hands cupped her ass as he pulled her up to feel the hardness in his pants. By now, she was accustomed to his almost constant state of arousal, and trusted him not to go beyond what she was comfortable with.

"But I'm going to miss you," he said with a frown. "I'll starve. Who's going to make sure I get my three meals a day and scrub my back?"

She smirked at him. "Gabriel, when I met you, you looked far from starved. I'm sure if you got by then, you can get by now." She gripped a lock of his hair and twirled it around her finger. "Besides, we shouldn't live together just before our wedding. Being apart will just make the joining sweeter."

He scoffed. "Baby, our joining is going to be anything but sweet. Try scorching hot, explosive, mind-freekingly orgasmic! We may end up in the emergency room afterwards. A ton of ice for your—"

Abigail slapped her hand across his mouth before he finished that sentence. "Gabriel!"

He only laughed behind her palm before puckering his lips to kiss it.

He mumbled something that sounded like I-love-you, but it came out "rye-ruv-ru."

She quirked a brow at him and asked "huh? I don't understand what you're saying, Mr. Raven."

His hot tongue slithering against her open palm had her jolting her hand away as heat made her belly clench. Him and that wicked tongue.

He lifted her and sat her on the counter between the double sinks.

His kiss was drugging, making her forget everything.

"Fine. Just remember the surveillance system goes in before you move in."

She stared up at him, head still spinning from his kiss. "Surveillance?"

"Cameras, an alarm that notifies the police the minute it trips mounted on all the windows and doors. You know how to shoot a gun?"

Abigail's blood chilled. "No! I'm terrified of those things! Gabriel, you're going overboard."

"Maybe we should get you a big dog," he continued deep in thought, ignoring her. "A Rottweiler...no a Pinscher. They're lighter on their feet and deadly when trained right. Ha! We can name him Beelzebub."

She gasped, aghast at his outrageous suggestion. "Gabriel, no. Stop. I don't have time to care for an animal." She cupped his face, "I'll be fine. Stop worrying."

*******

He kept worrying.

In the days that led to the big move, he'd also thrown another tantrum when she refused to take his Black card to buy what she needed.

She hoped any children they might have someday would not be as obstinate and cantankerous as their father, though the thought did warm her heart when she imagined a pouty-lipped little boy with black curls and green eyes demanding ice cream for dinner.

He wanted to oversee the delivery of her things, but his recording schedule did not permit it.

Abigail put the finishing touches on the bathroom décor, having chosen natural rattan and wicker baskets to store her supplies and an apple green and beige shower curtain with matching towels in tones of apple green and dark brown. Scented candles rested on silver holders along with a glass tray with soaps and lotions.

She strolled out, smiling at the pretty, beige couch she'd gotten at Ikea along with the little glass coffee table and floor lamp. Soft white curtains spilled at either side of the glass doors to the patio where she'd set up a metal and glass table set. Over the fireplace, she'd hung the framed art piece Gabriel had given her from the beach house. It had hung in his bedroom and he'd wanted her to have it. The painting of a beautiful sunset over a placid ocean had been done by his mother. Abigail was more than honored he'd entrusted her with it.

A brisk knock at the door had her frowning. She wasn't expecting her dining set until the weekend. It was the only thing left that hadn't been delivered.

Her phone rang as she approached the door.

"Hello?" she said knowing it was Gabriel.

"Someone at the door."

"I know." She paused on her way to the entrance of her apartment. "How'd you know?"

"Surveillance cameras."

Abigail gasped and looked around spotting the little glass bubbles scattered around the ceiling of the apartment in discrete corners.

"When did you have them installed?"

"Yesterday, when you were at the daycare. I said they were going in before you stayed the night there."

She opened and closed her mouth, astonished that he'd had everything arranged without her even knowing. "Are there any in the bathroom?" she asked terrified of his answer.

He snorted. "What do you think?" She closed her eyes in relief until he added, "of course."

"Gabriel Raven, there are no windows in the bathroom to merit cameras being there. You have that security company come back and take them off."

He began to laugh in that low, throaty, wicked way of his.

"Gabriel, I mean it."

The knocking came again, more insistent.

"Let them in, Poptart."

"Who is it?"

"A little surprise I sent you."

The little surprise was a seventy-inch flat screen complete with a state-of-the-art home theater system.

She hadn't thought of buying a TV because she never watched anything.

The men that carried the whole system in had it mounted on the wall and functioning in about an hour. It was a smart TV and completely wireless. They explained how to use the humongous control. Abigail just nodded and wished they'd finish and leave so she could yell at Gabriel in private.

"You promised," she cried when she finally locked the door.

"What? It's just a TV."

"That thing is huge! Enormous!"

He began to chuckle. "You know it is, babe."

Her face heated to a thousand degrees. "Gabriel, get your mind out of the gutter."

"I'm sorry," he snickered. "It's just the way you said it."

"Gabriel. The TV and the rest of the stuff. It's just too much," she said stomping her foot.

"Baby, when I go over we can watch movies. Plus, football. I am not going to watch the super bowl on a tiny screen. Do you want my eyes to go bad? That's more for me than you, baby. Honest."

Abigail pinched the bridge of her nose. "Fine, but nothing else."

"Baby?" he began. "We need an espresso machine too. You know I like drinking espresso late in the afternoon."

She covered her face with her palm. "Okay. The espresso machine."

"Baby?"

"Seriously?" she huffed in exasperation.

He chuckled. "You just look so cute all riled up."

Her heart clenched. What was she to do with her naughty-naughty boyfriend?

"I don't like knowing you're watching me," she protested. "It's kind of creepy."

"You never minded at home when we showered together."

"That's different. You were there, not spying on me on some camera."

"Look at your screen and hit speaker."

Frowning, she lowered her phone and gaped when she saw him on the screen. He was walking down a corridor until he entered a doorway. He set his phone on the edge of a counter and stepped back to lean against the far wall. He was visible from the knees up.

"Can you see me okay?" he asked with a devious grin.

Uh-oh.

"Um-yeah?"

With a flick of his head, he sent his dark hair back behind his shoulders. "Good. I can see you too."

His hands went to the bottom of his black t-shirt before tearing it off over his head. He shook his head again, sending his hair spilling over his shoulders, and her blood pressure soaring.

Good-God! His smokingly-sexy factor was off the charts.

He bit his plump bottom lip, gazing at her from beneath those long thick lashes as his hands went for his jeans; the deliciously low-hung jeans that showed part of the dark treasure trail leading to...heaven.

"What are you doing?' she wheezed, clenching her thighs against the familiar ache.

"I'm going to give you a private peep show," he purred, using that nasty-nasty gritty growl that never failed to make her dampen her panties.

"Gabriel, don't you dare!" she couldn't help but laugh. She always laughed when she became ridiculously flustered.

He cocked his head to the side, tongue stroking slowly over his upper lip as the zipper went down slowly.

"Aaah—I'm hanging up now, pervert."

She clicked the call off before he stripped completely.

Closing her eyes, she tried to get her breathing under control until she remembered he was still probably watching her through the cameras.

Setting the phone down on the counter, she grabbed the keys to the apartment and fled outside.

Those cameras. She was not happy with them. At all.

With an unhappy huff, she descended the stairs, her flip-flops slapping against the concrete steps. The sun was starting to set and it felt a bit chilly. She hesitated a moment, wondering if maybe she should get a hoodie when her mother and sister rounded the landing.

She blinked in surprise. "Mom? Mikayla?"

Mikayla grinned and stepped up in front of her. "Big sis!" She gave Abigail a big loud kiss on the cheek, her somewhat hard boobs pushing against Abigail's more yielding ones. "My-my, but aren't you the celebrity of a sudden."

Abigail looked at the both of them in confusion.

Her Mother snorted. "She's obviously oblivious to the scandal she's stirred up."

Abigail continued to stare at them baffled, until her mother scowled.

"Well, aren't you going to invite us into your...apartment," her mother finished with a moue of distaste.

Abigail twisted her fingers together. "Um... sure. Sorry. It's just that I'm surprised by your visit. How did you find out where I lived?"

How did they get past security?

Mikayla giggled. We saw you pulling out of the mall and followed."

"That was like three hours ago," Abigail said as she reluctantly led them back to her apartment.

"My BFF lives here. I got her to let the guards let us through and, of course, everybody's been seeing you and Gabe around. She pointed us in the right direction after we chatted a while."

Abby unlocked her door again and tapped in the code to deactivate the alarm.

"Fancy little system you got there," Mikayla whistled.

"Yeah. Gabe's a little paranoid," she answered in a small voice as both women walked in looking around.

Abigail closed the door and followed after them as the seemed to inspect everything.

Mikayla was grinning like a loon. Her mother looked shocked.

Abby wasn't sure either expression boded well for her.

"It's so small," her mother exclaimed. "I thought that man was loaded at least."