Diavolo Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Abby bit her lip and nodded. Rolling her eyes, realizing he couldn't see her, she answered as steadily as possible, "Okay."

"Abby?" he said just before she ended the call. "I love you. Please trust me, okay?"

She frowned. "Y-yes. Of course, Gabriel. I love you too."

The line went dead.

*******

It was dark by the time she arrived back at the house. As soon as she walked in her mother met her at the door, looking worried.

"Abby, where did you go?"

Not wanting to explain to her mother she'd gone to try and bail out her incarcerated husband, she said "I thought I'd go to Gabriel a while."

"Oh. So he'd out from jail already?" her sister said coming the rest of the way down the stairwell off to the left.

Abigail gulped. "I'm sure it's all a misunderstanding. The guys would never—"

"I hope you've got a good divorce lawyer," her mother finally chimed in. "I knew you were too good for that heathen."

Abby shook her head. "Gabriel is incapable—"

Mikayla laughed and shoved her phone in Abby's face. There was a picture of Diamond on her knees between Gabriel's legs. His mouth was ajar and his hand in her hair, as if holding her head.

Abigail felt the color from her face drain.

"Oh, but there's more," Mikayla sing-songed. She swiped one finger over the screen to show Diamond and Gabriel locked in an embrace kissing. The next picture showed Gabriel standing, his pants open looking at whoever had taken the pictures in rage.

"It says he pushed the woman against the window in the tour bus and between him and the guys from the band took her camera away. They tried to hide the camera, but someone on the inside got it back to her so she dropped the charges because she'd gotten onto the tour bus without permission. The band's lawyers were going to press trespassing charges. They don't know she got her camera back and posted the pics anyway."

Abby shook her head. "No. those have to be fake."

"Don't be stupid, Abby. They aren't fake. Take a good look at them."

Abby shook her head and backed away from her mother and sister.

"I told you he'd get bored, Abby. Gabe is used to having any woman he wants, and he had lots back when I was seeing him." Mikayla shrugged. "It comes with the territory, Abby. Of course, if he'd married me, I wouldn't have let him out of my sights. Too many bitches after him."

Marjorie looked at her youngest daughter in disgust.

Mikayla's phone rang.

Abby took the opportunity to flee the room. She headed up to her bedroom and locked herself in.

She paced back and forth, feeling nauseas even though she hadn't eaten a thing the entire day.

She couldn't believe it. With Diamond? Of all people.

No. it couldn't be true. It was a trick of photography...but the picture of them kissing. Gabriel had his arms around her and their lips were mashed together. His eyes were open, but she hadn't studied the picture too closely due to the immense pain looking at it had caused her.

She shook her head and paced some more. He'd be home in a bit and he'd explain. He'd asked her to trust him. She would.

The doorknob rattled and then there was a brisk knock.

Was it him? Had he come home already?

Hands trembling she opened the door and faced Daniel.

He towered over her, his handsome face drawn in lines of concern.

"Abigail," he said softly.

Her eyes welled and she threw herself in his embrace. His strength comforted her.

"It'll be fine. You're coming home with me. Now. We're not going to tolerate this behavior."

Abby leaned back to look into his face, shaking her head. "He said to trust him. He's on his way home and he'll explain everything."

She saw a glint of pity in Daniel's eyes. His hand came up and cupped her cheek. "You're too innocent for the likes of him, Abigail. He'll storm in her, seduce you and keep you playing the role of a fool for the rest of the world. I can't allow that, Abby. You're still part of the Montenegro household and as head of the family I need to look out for you. Please," he pleaded. "Just come home with us and he can explain himself in neutral territory."

"I shouldn't. he said he'd come right—"

"Abby," Daniel interrupted sternly. "The minute he walks in that door, he'll try to kiss and seduce you into believing whatever excuse he's made up by now."

"Th-those pictures are fake. They have to be," Abby defended.

Daniel moved his phone in front of her showing the picture of Gabriel heading towards a door in the tour bus. "He has lipstick smeared all over his mouth and just below his belly button. His jeans are open, for Christ's sake, Abigail. Do you have to catch him in bed with a female to finally realize he is and always will be a spoiled playboy rock star."

Abby turned away from his phone, her heart breaking in a million pieces. It was her fault. She was too inexperienced for him. She closed her eyes when Daniel put his hand on her shoulder. "Come home with us. Don't make it easy for him or you'll be tolerating him allowing women to sleep in your very bed with you watching."

She felt numb. Cold.

Daniel put his arm around her and she followed him meekly back down the stairs.

Everything was a blur after that, but a few hours later, she was sitting in front of the main living room's fireplace drinking a cup of tea.

"Is she okay?" she heard her aunt ask.

"Just shock," Daniel answered. "She'll get over it. Abigail is strong."

He walked out toward the library with his mother in tow, whispering low to her.

Mikayla gripped her hand and Abby looked into her face.

She leaned closer and whispered into Abby's ear, "He sent me this a few weeks ago, before...you know..."

Mikayla showed her a text from Gabriel saying, "What are you doing?"

That could mean anything. How did she even know it was from Gabriel?

"I need to go home," Abby suddenly said standing up.

"Don't be stupid, Abs," Mikayla whisper-shouted grabbing her arm.

"No," Abby insisted, "I—"

The roar of a motorcycle sounded outside. Both Abby and her sister stood rooted to the spot.

Daniel and Aunt Paulina emerged from the library and headed to the front hall. Abby made to follow , but her aunt turned and grabbed her by the arm an escorted her back to the living room. "Have some pride, dear. At least show the man you have a backbone before you spread your legs for him again."

Abby's face went hot at her aunt's crude words. Why was everyone talking to her that way? Just because she'd married and was no longer a virgin didn't mean she'd lost her sensitivity to such topics. Except with Gabriel, but he was her husband.

The image of Diamond between his legs emerged in her mind. Abby shook her head to rid herself of the taunting vision.

*******

Gabriel dismounted his bike furious. Why the hell had she run here? Was he going to have to explain himself in front of all these people he despised?

Hell no. He'd drag her out and take her home where she belonged. Unless...

Daniel stepped out, his face stony, and Gabriel's temper was shot to hell at that point.

"Where's my wife," he demanded.

His brother's brow arched. "She's highly upset, given the circumstances."

Gabriel stopped in his tracks. So she'd seen the pictures. Damn.

He started forward again. "I need to see her."

"Wait a minute," Daniel said daring to put his palm on Gabriel's chest to halt him. "I think you've done enough. Why don't you leave her alone. She wasn't made for the kind of life you want to give her."

Gabriel glared at him. "What the hell do you know of what kind of life I want to give her?"

"You're right," Daniel nodded squaring his shoulders. "The only thing I see is your pictures all over the internet having fellatio performed on you on the back of your tour bus."

Gabriel felt color seep from his face, still, he stood up to Daniel. "Things did not go down that way. Not let me get my wife and leave so we can talk."

"I think Abby should stay here a while so she can think things clearly without you trying to seduce her."

Gabriel gripped the lapels of Daniel's Armani and went nose to nose with him. "Listen here, fucker. What happens between my wife and me is none of your god-damned business."

He shoved his brother aside and tried to storm past him, but when he approached the front door, two very large men blocked his way.

Gabriel hesitated before turning back to Daniel. "Tell them to let me through."

"I think not."

Gabriel turned and yelled out. "Abby."

The guards moved forward and pushed him back.

Gabriel took a swing at one of them and suddenly found himself face down on the ground.

He struggled but stopped when his brother's shoes paused right in front of his face.

"I be sure to have Abby contact you when she's good and ready."

"Fuck," Gabriel roared. "Let me talk to her. You have no right to interfere in my marriage like this."

"I'm only protecting Abby as her only male relative at the moment."

"Bullshit. You just want her back. She's my wife."

Daniel chuckled. "I'm happily married to Mikayla. My sentiments toward Abby are purely platonic."

Gabriel had it on the tip of his tongue to let him know the tramp Daniel had for a wife, and the mistake he'd committed in spurning Abby for Mikayla. Of course, that wouldn't make his brother want to allow Abby to see him.

"Damn it, Daniel. It was all a set up. Diamond threw herself at me, and that other woman was snapping pictures."

"Is that why your pants were open?'

"I'd been getting ready for the show and..." he sat down because he couldn't get Abby off his mind. At that moment diamond had walked in and he'd just stayed put.

"I guessed as much,' Daniel said with a sneer before turning to leave.

"Damn-it. I love Abby. Let me talk to her. You want me to grovel in front of everyone? Fine. I'll do it. Just let me see my wife, damn-it."

Daniel turned back around and bent over to get closer to Gabriel's face. "I guess now would be a good time to let you know I called the police and that should be them I hear down the mountain. So unless you want to spend a few days cooling your heels in our county jail and most likely miss a few performances, I suggest you be on your way to...Houston, is it?" Daniel grinned. "Abby will be in touch with you when she is ready to talk."

"Fuck," Gabriel hissed through gritted teeth as the sound of distant sirens sounded far off.

Once Daniel had closed the double doors to the estate, his goons released Gabriel and stood ready to kick his ass a few feet away.

Gabriel stood, wiping the bits of asphalt that clung to his cheek. He limped to his bike and got on again. Giving the guards on last dirty look, he started the engine to his new Harley and eased out of the driveway.

Bill and Bob were waiting for him a few feet away. He'd told them to escort him, remembering what had happened the last time he'd ridden out of the Montenegro estate. Both his cars back home had been taken and it was his only mode of transportation aside from the SUV the guards rode in.

He rode his bike dangerously fast. He just wanted to get home so he could try to call her. He needed to get a grip on his anger because he didn't want to yell at her for involving the Montenegro family.

He'd asked her to trust him. Hadn't he more than proved to her that he'd never cheat on her? Hadn't he already warned her how badly the media could distort information, alter pictures?

Of course, none of the pictures online were altered. It was just really damning images. Diamond had thrown herself at him. He'd never invited her attentions. He was at a vulnerable moment and she'd lulled him into trusting her. She'd never been so brazen before. How the fuck was he supposed to know she'd pull that shit? Oh, but he told her off. Had he the ability to do so, he would have fired her, but that would've affected the other band members as well as the tour. All the contracts were made with her and firing her would've caused a shitload of legal problems. Diavolo didn't need that at the moment, but later the band would vote on whether or not they should keep her on. As far as Gabriel was concerned, he was done. It was either keep her and lose him or keep him and get a new manager. He didn't want to be anywhere near her.

He parked his bike in the empty four-car garage and stomped into the living room of his two-story glass and metal beach house. He already had his phone in his hand and speed dialing Abby.

The phone rang and rang and finally went into voicemail.

Gabriel closed his eyes and reined in his temper. "Abby...I don't get why you went to your family. I wanted to talk to you. I wanted you to hear from me what actually happened. Where's the trust Abby?" he swallowed hard. "Call me. I'm done reaching out here. Daniel had his goons rough me up and even called the cops. I gotta leave tomorrow at dawn for Houston. I'll be waiting."

He clicked the phone off and leaned back, his eyes staring out at the darkness beyond the terrace.

Behind him the door to the front entry squeaked open. His heart thumped hard in his chest as he closed his eyes. She'd come home on her own.

Thank fuck

The seat next to him bounced hard and he opened his eyes to see Angelo sitting next to him with a sad frown. The others came and sat on the couch with him also.

"Well?" Mike prodded.

Gabriel lowered his gaze. "She took off. She's at the Montenegro mansion."

There was along moment of silence around him. He heard Ariel scoff and murmur how fucked up that was.

"Give her time, man," Mike said, ever the voice of reason. "She's hurt right now and next she's gonna be pissed and out for blood, but then the pain is gonna take over again and she going to have second thoughts and that's when we'll all tell what actually happened."

Gabriel glared at Mike. So much for thinking he was the voice of reason. "I'm not going to wait for all that."

Mike chuckled and patted him on the back. "Dude. We're talking about a woman here. By tomorrow she will have gone through all those emotions about five times. She'll call you and her first words will be 'how could you?" he said pitching his voice exaggeratedly high.

Gabriel leaned back, running his hands through his hair in utter helpless frustration.

He had to wait. He hated waiting! He got up and stalked to the bar area.

"That won't help," Mike warned.

"Pour me one too," Ariel chirped.

Rafael rubbed his hands together, "Yeah. Good alcohol, now that's what I'm talking about."

Gabriel ignored Mike's angry glare and passed Rafe and Ariel two glasses. Poured them each a shot of Jack and tipped the bottle to his own lips.

"Whoa," Rafe said wide eyed.

Mike and Angelo popped up from their seats and approached him.

Gabe held his hand in warning. "Leave me alone. I'm pissed and need something to take the edge off."

Mike nodded. "So getting shit-faced is the answer?"

"Works for me," Rafe chuckled.

Mike gave his brother a murderous glare before swinging his stern gaze back to Gabriel.

"What about when Abby calls? You going to be in the right state of mind to talk to her and save your marriage?"

The whisky burned down his throat, already numbing him. He licked his lips and stared at the bottle. Mike was right. This would only make things worse. He slid the bottle away and leaned both arms on the marble counter.

"This is hard," he admitted. "I don't know what the hell to do. You know me," he said looking up at all of them. "I don't party like you all do. Shit. I've only ever had full sex with three women in my life and Abby is the third."

"Geez, that sucks," Angelo said garnering an elbow to the ribs by Ariel. "Ow! What? What'd I say?"

Gabriel turned away, disgusted. He didn't deserve this, especially when he'd told her to come with him. None of this would have happened if she'd been on the tour bus with him. She should have more faithin him. If she didn't trust him, then the marriage definitely wasn't going to work.

His chest ached with that realization. When out on tour, women constantly mauled him. He wasn't going to stand having to explain every compromising picture. Granted the pictures of him and Diamond were compromising, but she had to trust him. Know that he'd never betray the vows they'd made to each other.

"I'm going to bed," he growled stomping away.

"Hey, you forgot your phone," Angelo called after him. "What if Abby calls?"

"Take a message," he snapped royally pissed. "Right now I don't give a shit."

*******

She tossed and turned all night. They hadn't allowed her to see Gabriel, claiming that it was for her own good. She thought she'd heard him shout out her name, but she wasn't sure. She looked for her phone but realized she'd left it back at the house.

Abby finally rose from her rumpled bed and tip-toed out.

It was about five o'clock in the morning. She walked quietly into the kitchen toward the landline that had always been on the wall by the fridge.

Her aunt was right. She had no pride, but this was her marriage. She couldn't just let things be as they were. She'd cried half the night, and then grew angry, thinking that perhaps he had committed adultery. Sadness and doubts assailed her after, followed by more tears, anger, and doubts. She was finally too tired to resist not talking with him.

Marking his number on the touch-tone phone, she waited patiently for him to answer. What if he let it ring? What if he'd gotten mad she stayed here instead of going home with him and ignore the call?

"Hello?" a deep sleepy voice said on the other side of the line.

"How could you?" she blurted before she could stop herself. Here she was hurting and suffering and he was sleeping as if nothing had happened.

"You owe me five," she heard another masculine voice say over the phone.

"Hello? Gabriel, who's there?"

"This is Angelo, Sweetheart."

"Where's Gabe and why do you have his phone?"

"Errr..." there was a lot of whispering on the other side.

"Angelo? Where's Gabriel?"

"Oh, um, he's so distraught we had to drug him up just so he wouldn't do anything stupid—"

"Gimme that," she heard another male voice snarl as well as what sounded like a tussle. "Abigail?"

It was Mike.

"He forgot his phone down here. He was pretty torn up."

Abby frowned. "He was? What about me? I'm the one who had to see another woman—"

Abby stopped before she broke down in tears again.

"Look. I'll put him on for you and let him talk to you. Just listen, okay? Just listen."

Abby took a bracing breath. "Okay, Mike."

She heard mike going up the stairs and walking down the corridor. There was light knocking and a few seconds later a door squeaked.

Abby's heart pounded so hard it made her shake. Or maybe she was just trembling all over.

Seconds ticked and finally...

"Abigail."

His deep voice made her heart clench.

"Gabriel," she said almost on a whisper. Immediately her eyes welled again, but she dashed them away and took a deep breath. No more weakness. She didn't want his pity if he was going to leave her.

"Why?" was all he said.

She blinked. "Why? What do you mean, why?" she demanded incensed now.

"The problems between you and me are handled by you and me. Not by your entire psychotic family," he snapped.

"Well it's hard to keep my marital problems away from my family when pictures of my husband getting his dick sucked by another woman is popping up all over the internet," she shot back.

He was quiet now.

"How could you, Gabriel?" she said finally breaking down again. "How could you?"

"You really believe I let that woman..." he made a strange sound. She heard him exhale and when he spoke again it was very low. "What do you want to do, Abby?"

Her stomach sank. This was it. He was either going to ask for a divorce or prod her to do it. Oh, God. She wasn't ready to lose him. She loved him.