Dilemma Continued Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Again, with the advice of my lawyer, I didn't plunge into business to the expense of anything else. I hired some pretty good people at good pay rates and let them do their own developing of leads and sales and coding with myself having the final word. The company just boomed but I still had my time with the family.

Lorelei became part time Director of Human Resources, we should also have included Human Rights in the title as it happened. She went in to the office with me a couple of times a week, we could lunch together and spend an occasional afternoon and night together. (Well how else are a couple supposed to get time on their own when surrounded by babies)

Lorelei instituted a code of conduct. Social contact was encouraged between employees but one on one relationships between single males and females in the same division had to be between equal ranks. If either of the partners was promoted then they would be promoted into another division. Relationships had to be voluntary and welcome on both sides. Sexual harassment was grounds for immediate dismissal.

Sexual relationships with married partners were absolute non starters either within the company or outside of work and would also be grounds for dismissal. These requirements were explained to new hires before their contract was confirmed, and had to be accepted in writing. In general they were accepted well by all employees.

Since then only one salesman thought he was more important to the company than the secretary he was putting sexual pressure on. The sight of Lorelei and a security officer standing over him as he packed his personal belongings after her complaint had been heard had a salutary effect on the rest of our employees.

We have become kind of a model company for others to follow in this respect. Our principles soon got around Austin. Lorelei even did presentations to other companies. Our outlook even extended to clients, sales personnel were encouraged to host prospective clients as far as hotel costs, meals and transport were concerned, but no further than that.

If a client pushed for escort services or such, they were provided with the name of the Prairie Oasis where we told them they could get a good dinner and entertainment and not be cheated, but it was at their own cost. If they tried to make any entertainment a part of what they expected before signing, they were politely told that the policy was firm and that we would decline their business before breaching it. Funnily enough the policy didn't cost us any contracts, but it sure helped get some.

While I had some misgivings about giving business to the Oasis due to the part played by James with the drugs, he had squared himself with the law. At least I knew that if one of my customers went there for an evenings entertainment, he would be treated fairly

Two years after Cindy's birth, Christopher James Duncan made his debut on the scene and two years after that, Sandra Margaret Duncan arrived, she is now 6 months old and thriving. On their birth certificates including Cindy's, Lorelei is listed as mother. She also adopted the twins and from then she gets the title Mommy Lo instead of Aunty Lo.

After Cindy's birth Lorelei said that she enjoyed being an at home Mom so much, that being a lawyer didn't feel that great anymore so she sold her part of the practice to her partners apart from the odd consultation and even rarer second chair.

Oh Yes, King, what happened to him. He finally made a deal to keep off death row. (This was before the Supreme Court decision) and he plead guilty to all charges ending up serving a life sentence. Seeing the way that the wind was blowing, all others involved made deals and would up with sentences between 5 and 15 years.

As Cindy always said, the Lord works in mysterious and wonderful ways and sometimes the grand plan works out to be just that. We celebrate Cindy's birthday every year and when they are old enough we fully intend to tell the three eldest the story of their birth. Cindy's picture is on the family wall as well as Sandy's and will stay there, because we remember her with love. And she will always be regarded as part of our family.

The End

12
Please rate this story
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
24 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

It probably ended up where Josephus would have wanted it but while it was a nice attempt, it was a bit lacking and threadbare. Jospehus had a flair for emotional drama and introspection. I suspect Josephus would have had Chris make the maturation of his character to forgive Lorelei well before all the hard evidence and conviction came in on King, the predator. The rape case came off as too formulaic and too expansive to cover up. Chris forgiving Lorelei and working on a relationship before evidence popped up would have been much more impactful and in line with the original author's narrative. Chris had his own redemption arc to follow, not necessarily regarding a divorce but how he completely severed all communication for years with Lorelei. Yes Cindy was part of his therapy but at the end of the original, with all his pain from Cindy's tragic death, he still was not healed, because he had never really confronted what had happened, confronted his own reaction, nor had any closure with Lorelei. Would have thought that finding out about even the strong likelihood of a date rape drugs, via say hearsay from a colleague or fellow conspirator, would be enough for Lorelei to forgive herself AFTER Chris forgave her, and then with some time reconnecting and maybe counseling, they could start a new relationship that would eventually end up where it did with then remarrying and a full family and HEA. But instead this author focused too much on the Law and Order SVU sub plot with a painted, bright yellow trail of evidence that was somehow ignored years ago. Still 5 stars for a HEA for Chris and Lorelei and considering how amazing the original author's two stories were. RIP Josephus.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I found then continuation to be kid of dry and formulaic. It does dovetail with the original in that Professor King was a predator, she did say "no" several times at the beginning and then just let it happen, and Lorelei could never understand why she ended up in the room, and in the original, completely owned up to what she (thought) she did, with a lot of self loathing and getting revenge on Professor King, the only way she could. But there are some inconsistencies. Perhaps thr original Police Chief was corrupt. Also date rape drugs would have longer term side effects. In the original, Lorelei did appear to "bounce" back rather too quickly, as such drugs will have effects for some time, though admittedly some of her dialog (statement about the thread count), going to dance with Prof King (briefly, before telling him off) seemed, and the sequence she said things came off as weird or even tonally off-base. Moreover, date rape drugs have a significant half-life, and while may only be exploitable for sexual rape or coercion at their peak pharmacokinetic concentrations (ignoring person-to-person metabolic and clearance differences), they are detectable (at least in the last 10 years) for up to a few days, maybe even a week. All that aside, while it was a nice attempt by this author, Josephus was a clearly superior author (sorry to this author) and we don't know what he intended (or if he intended a continuation at all). Finally, if one accepts the presentation of evidence and facts as stipulated by this author about the predator Prof Kin and his accomplices, staging an attack on their marriage and a rape of Lorelei (again IF the reader accepts what is written by the author, whose story it is, so seems reasonable), then many of the commmentes below: NO Lorelei did not cheat on Chris. Period. Use of date rape drugs means rape and non-consent. And their are some elements that align with the original (especially from Lorelei's internal monolog in Josephus' second chapter), while others like the duration of effect of such drugs does not. Certainly there was enough wiggle room for this author to make this variant of the original. Regardless, while I don't blame Chris for flipping out and he certainly had every right at the time to feel he needed a divorce, his fugue state aside, his ditching everyone completely, including his parents and fleeing to Philadelphia and going to ground was a craven reaction. Not saying they would or should have reconciled at that time, as the wound was too deep. Cindy had a powerful effect on Chris for the better on the original stories. And Cindy and Lorelei connected strongly (because Cindy became a saint). But Chris' continued anxiety attacks whenever Lorelei was mentioned the first couple of years was troublesome. Clearly he need a therapy (which I suppose Cindy provided in her own way). Lastly if accepting the lremise of this story and the large conspiracy vs Lorelei and Chris at the outset, then reconciliation is a no brainer. But why did it take til the arrest of Professor King on TV, for him to start talking to Lorelei in a meaningful way? He already knew the evidence was all basically there, and very little was added later except Prof King got assistance from others at the hotel in the bar. So why wait months for the investigation to reach its point of filing charges? Note that as a reader, you can choose to reject all the evidence put forth in this continuation and go on despising Lorelei. That your prerogative. But if you accept that she was drugged with date rape drugs, then she is innocent of adultery. Can't have it both ways.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Pardon me while I throw up. What a convoluted, even tortured, defense ofcheating and demand that the victimpays.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Damn good finish

Martyr2002Martyr2002about 2 years ago

Good story,

Nice happy ending , it I didn’t like your treatment of Chris. You say you see him as a brat. Right away that tells me you’re off base. To resolve the situation only required Chris to forgive, not become involved with his ex.

They were both taken advantage of, but his pain and loss is discarded to forgive her cheating. That was a trope even when you wrote this. It’s a shame you didn’t try to find a better way forward

Show More
Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

You Can Go Home Again She destroyed his life. Can she build it back again?in Loving Wives
Interest Can love give you a dividend?in Loving Wives
An Unexpected Reaction To an unacceptable situation.in Loving Wives
In Her Eyes A husband doesn't like what he sees.in Loving Wives
Irish Eyes His love was betrayed, what next.in Romance
More Stories