Distractions Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You wouldn't fight for me?" He asked me like it was a serious question.

"If you want her," and we both knew I was referring to Cassie, "or anyone else in the rotation you may or may not have, you can have them. Just tell me. I have no intentions of duking it out with some tramp over you."

Gavin folded his arms over his chest brooding. "There is no rotation. I'm done with that."

"Okay."

Again, he looked at me like I was crazy. He was expecting me to poke and punch him, stomp my feet and scream, but I wasn't going to do that. I wasn't going to be that girl anymore. It was time I starting having fun for the sake of having fun. I was out with my best friend, and that's all there was too it. Denial is just a river in Egypt.

"Do you still wanna see the movie?" he asked from under hooded lashed.

I thought about it. The movie I'd picked to watch was some sappy romance, so that was out of the question, and Cassie was sure to still be in the same building, so no. I didn't want to see the movie. "Nope. I feel like ice cream." I grabbed his hand and dragged him from the line.

Gavin let me drag him down the street to the ice cream parlor as he still regarded me with curious eyes. I smiled back at him. I must really be a violent person if Gavin was still awaiting a brutal outburst. He said nothing as he trailed behind me.

We were almost to the parlor when Gavin tugged my arm forcing me to stop. I turned back to him, about to ask what was wrong with him when his hands cupped my face. His lips were on mine in a breath, and he was kissing me like was wanted to tell me something. I moaned into his mouth as I felt the butterflies starting to flap excitedly in my stomach. Gavin claimed the corners of my mouth as his hands held me to him.

"Sorry," he said when he'd finally released me. "I couldn't help it." I smiled and told him that was okay. But I almost wondered if that was the action of a guilty man. Almost. I pushed the thought aside and tugged him down the street by his arm.

I grabbed us two cones of ice cream and sat down next to him at one of the outside tables. Gavin was still looking at me funny, but as soon as my tongue touched the ice cream, his attention was diverted elsewhere. I grinned and enjoyed watching him squirm. He was so focused on me he forgot he was holding ice cream until he felt it start to drip over his fingers.

I laughed when he cursed and tried to lick the ice cream off his fingers before it dripped onto his jeans. Our conversation flowed pretty easily after that.

_(*(*(-)*)*)_

Cassie had followed Red and Gavin from the movie theater just to see if Red was lying. She'd planned on leaving when she knew the truth, but she just couldn't get over the way the two of them were looking at each other, and that kiss? She stood from across the street feeling like an asshole as she watched the two laugh and joke with each other. She could tell there was something different in the way they were acting with each other, but she couldn't put her finger on what it was.

She fished her cell out of her bag and pressed the number 2-speed dial. She pressed the phone to her ear and listened to the phone ring as she watched and waited for Gavin to pick up. From across the street, she watched him pick the phone up off the table, and without a second thought, silence the call.

What?! He was screening her calls? It had to be an accident. She hit the call button again, and again she watched as he silenced her call. Who the fuck does he think he is? Gavin never ignored her calls. She didn't think he was serious when he'd told her to stop calling. He always answered her, especially when he was with Red.

Cassie frowned, this was worse than she thought. But she wasn't going to take rejection from Gavin, or anyone. It was bad enough she had to play up their encounter at Spike's party. She had to tell her friends after his fight, she followed him back to her place and fucked his brains out. Cassie Lucas took rejection from no one. All her friends thought she and Gavin were an item again, and this blatant display of affection with Red, was unacceptable. She had to nix this in the butt now, before word got around.

She stood across the street from the laughing couple tonguing their ice cream cones and brooded. She flipped through her phone determined to find the number – she prayed she still had it. Cassie breathed a sigh of relief when the call finally connected.

"Wilson, its Cassie. We gotta talk."

She'd fix 'em, she'd fix 'em both.

_(*(*(-)*)*)_

Wow, did that take me forever. I feel like a toad for not updating, but school definitely got in the way of my writing. Butttttt, I'm back and hopefully, the next chapter will be up soon. As always, all comments and feedback are welcome. You can check my profile for updates if you want to see where I'm at.

Thanks!!!!!