Distractions Ch. 10

Story Info
Red takes the good news with a pretty big grain of salt.
8.8k words
4.61
41.7k
20

Part 10 of the 12 part series

Updated 10/25/2022
Created 11/01/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
HotSprings22
HotSprings22
1,169 Followers

I apologize now if there are any editing mistakes I didn't correct. I've read this over so many times the words were starting to blend together.

_(*(*(-)*)*)_

The blood was pounding in his ears. He could feel the burn of the air as it savagely assaulted his lungs. One, two, three, one, two three, Gavin silently counted in his head to the sound of his feet pounding the pavement. It was like the dull lull of a song slowly wiping his mind clean of everything. He guessed he had already run about a mile and a half, and he was coming back up on his apartment. Part of him wanted to push on further; that voice in his head telling him he could do it if he just pushed. The other more physical, more painful part of him was begging him to stop.

His legs were burning, and his lungs were hurting. This is exactly the punishment he deserved for not visiting the pavement sooner. He could feel the fabric of his shirt clinging to his sweat soaked chest to the point that it was starting to irritate him. His cheeks were rosy with exertion and his face was wet with effort. He was almost to the front of his building. He was almost done.

Just a second ago, he was considering running past his building, now Gavin was gasping for breath praying he could make it to the door before he passed out. The thought of continuing was ludicrous. He had to stop. His breath was coming in ragged gasps as he finally made it to the door of his apartment. If Gavin could have spared the breath to laugh, he would have. Who knew he was so out of shape?

Gavin walked around in small circles, trying to cool his body down. He ran a hand through his damp hair trying to even out his breath. He leaned against the side of his building intent on stretching out his legs. He lowered his head and smiled to himself. Not bad, old man. Satisfied he'd stretched enough; he pushed himself from the wall and stretched his arms. He was thinking he should run up the stairs then do some pull-ups over his kitchen entryway when he got into his apartment.

Gavin headed for the door of his apartment building. Its only three flights, he said trying to psych himself up. His head was down so he could focus on the steps just beyond the door. Gavin was about the bust through the door of his building, when a very curvy figure stepped in front of him. The first thing he saw where the shoes – impossibly high, and impossibly pointy. His gaze traveled up a pair of legs for what seemed like days and passed over flared hips. Whoever this woman was, she looked like she was poured into her skin tights.

He clicked his teeth as his eyes climbed from her tiny waist to her flat stomach to her full breasts. His assessment only took a second and Gavin's smile grew wider as his eyes slid to her throat, and over her chin to her face.

When his eyes registered the owner of the face staring back at him, Gavin physically took a step back.

"See anything you like?" That voice was like nails grating on a chalkboard.

"Cassie. Didn't realize the devil in disguise would look so…normal." Cassie smiled. "I almost didn't recognize you without your horns and pitchfork," he said waving his hands in front of his face. "I could have mistaken you for a normal person, but that sneer gave you away."

Cassie sucked on her teeth as she watched Gavin try to be…charming. "Now is that how you greet an old girlfriend?"

Gavin chuckled. "Fuck buddies yes – in a relationship – no way."

"C'mon, we had some good times."

Gavin was starting to get angry. "What do you want?"

Cassie took a step closer and Gavin tried not to cringe. "To see you. You look scrumptious all sweaty like that. I told you I missed you."

"What do you really want?"

"A nice tumble in the sheets would be a good place to start."

"Nope. I'm off the market." The words flew out of Gavin's mouth before he could register them, but now that they were out, he didn't feel as nervous as he thought he would. It was the first time he'd put a label on he and Red, and he liked it. He smiled.

"Off the market, really? Is this like all the other times you were 'off the market' too?"

Gavin wasn't that person anymore. At least, he wasn't trying to be.

"Does she know that you're off the market?"

Gavin's eyebrows rose.

"Oh, you didn't know? She and Wilson have been talking lately. I'd give it a week before those two are back together. No one can resist those baby blues," Cassie said shaking her head.

Maybe Gavin could keep running. Clearly there were still some things he needed to get off his mind.

"Get out of my way," Gavin said about to push past her.

"You really didn't know, did you?"

"Get out of my way." Gavin could feel his anger building as be bit out each syllable.

Cassie shrugged. "I just thought I'd give you a chance to not look like an asshole when she shows up to the Mayor's Birthday Party hanging off Wilson's arm. Red's a bitch and she doesn't deserve to be with you. She would never have the balls to tell you this to your face, so I figured I'd do you a favor."

Gavin had enough. "Don't talk to me. Ever. And I don't ever want to hear Red's name from you again. Don't talk about her, don't even think about her." He shoved past her nearly knocking her off her feet.

"Feisty. If you still need a date handsome, I'm always free," Cassie shouted at his back as he walked briskly toward the stairs.

Gavin tired to tune out Cassie's voice as he pushed himself up the stairs two at a time, but he knew there weren't enough stairs in the building to clear his mind of what he was thinking now. It didn't matter; he would straighten everything out with her tonight. There wouldn't be anymore of this miscommunication bullshit.

There was also no way Cassie was right. He thought Red would rather die than get back with Wilson, but what if she was right? Whatever. Cassie was a whore and a liar. There was no way he'd ever believe anything that came out of her mouth.

As Gavin rushed himself up the stairs he thought he would surprise Red tonight, and meet her at work. A slow smile spread across his face as he pictured the look on her face when she saw him. He unlocked and pushed open the door to his apartment, and headed straight for the bathroom. If he hurried, he could be there waiting for her before she got out.

He hopped into the shower and turned the water as hot as he could stand it. He felt like he had a layer of grime covering him after his encounter with Cassie. He grabbed the soap and lathered himself. He couldn't help but groan when his hand passed over his stomach trailing the path of dark fine hairs to the swell that was beginning between his legs.

Gavin could feel his strong cock throbbing as he pictured Red's smiling face as her breasts pressed themselves against her tank-top. Gavin held his breath as he wrapped his strong fingers around his erection. He could feel the blood slowly filling out every ridge and angry blue vein as they roped around his cock. He tried to stifle a moan as he imagined the excited look in Red's eye when he pulls his cock out.

He grabbed his balls with his free hand and gently began to massage them, feeling the slow rise to his climax. Gavin knew if he didn't slow down he was going to blow his wad all over the shower wall. Gavin tried to vary the pace of his hand moving back and forth around the girth of his cock, but he couldn't seem to stop. The image of Red peeling off her clothes and exposing her caramel skin had his hand moving faster and faster.

He could feel his pre-cum oozing out the tiny slit at the tip of his cock. Slowly, Gavin squeezed the head, trying to milk it the best way he could. He watched as his pre-cum mixed with soap as he passed his thumb over the shiny purple head.

Gavin imagined Red opening her legs, with that shy smile on her face, offering to him the sweetest tasting pussy ever to touch his lips. He imagined her fingers spreading herself open to him, teasing him with her wetness. Gavin's head fell back as his hand began to move faster and tighter over his cock. His breath was coming in short gasps and his hips were bucking into his hand, trying to fuck it.

Gavin was almost there when he felt the stirring in his balls, and the rising in his cock. He gasped loudly as his breathing stopped and his hand stilled. For a moment, the sensation of his cum trying to work its way out is almost too intense. The thought of Red dipping her fingers into her dripping cunt and slipping them into her mouth made his heart lurch. He can feel it now as his body jerks and his eyes glaze over. He can feel the cum he'd been holding back, holding back for Red, starting to make its way to the surface.

Gavin let go of his balls and reached out for the shower wall trying in vain to keep himself upright. His hips are bucking erratically as his hand jerked back and forth over his pulsing cock. First one, two, then three shots of cum blasted out of his cock.

Finally, he can breathe again. His movements were tentative at first, his cock seeming too sensitive to touch, but as he grabbed the angry purple head, he milked his cock for all its worth, coaxing another stream of ropy white cum from his body.

Gavin could feel the waves of satisfaction rolling off him. After the run he just had, and now that, he didn't think he'd be able to move. He stood in the shower for several minutes - one hand on the wall, and the other wrapped around his wilting cock. He stood there under the water stream thinking about Red. Thinking about how much he wanted to spill more of his cum into his best friend's tight milk chocolate body.

Gavin stayed in the shower a little while longer, trying to determine if his legs would be steady enough to carry him out of the bathroom. At this point, he wanted nothing more than to sleep, but he wanted to see Red more. Hopefully, he'd pick her up, they'd come back to his place to watch Thursday Night Football, and he could fall asleep with her in his arms again.

As Gavin shut off the water and climbed out of the shower, he was happy Red had told them no sex. If anything, it made him crave her more. Of course, he was pissed at first, but now that he was with her, he didn't care in what capacity.

Gavin had the thought of surprising her at work and bringing her flowers, but he laughed aloud at the idea. Red hated flowers. He wasn't sure if she was just saying that, because he was certain all women loved receiving flowers, but he smiled as he recalled a conversation they once had. Red had proclaimed that she would rather receive a six-pack than a bouquet of flowers any day.

"Flowers die," she said as she tossed a lock of thick curls over her shoulder. "And you have to water them. I don't have the patience for that. Ask Bren. If a guy is going to get me anything…get me a six-pack." Gavin had raised his eyes at her when she said that, but she waved him off and kept talking. "Not because you want to get me liquored up and loose, because you know that's something I like, and its something I will actually use. Sure flowers smell nice, but I would do just as good with a candle."

Gavin had laughed at her, but he could see her logic…even if she was different from every other female he had ever known, but that's what made her Red. His Red. Gavin made a note to stop off and pick up some beer, and a bow. If she wanted a six-pack, the least he could do was make it look presentable.

Fuck Wilson, and that stupid bitch Cassie, Gavin thought angrily as he pulled his clothes on. Wilson could never treat Red as well as he could, and he was going to prove it to her. She would be crazy to want Wilson back…again.

_(*(*(-)*)*)_

I glanced at the clock for what seemed like the hundredth time in the last twelve minutes. I was anxious to get home, because tonight was Thursday Night Football with Gavin, but first, I still had to drop off my application. Today was the last day the school was accepting them, and I had to get it in by tonight. I looked at the clock again – I had 31 minutes to get to the school. I could totally make it.

I was submitting my application in part because I promised Gavin I would, but I was submitting it because I was curious to see if I could actually get in. A smile crept onto my face as I thought about my best friend. I was certain he was going to freak when I told him that we weren't going to have sex for a while. I wasn't sure why the words came out when they did, but I was more than grateful he didn't freak out on me. He kissed me on the forehead and told me that things like that didn't matter to him.

I had thrown my arms around him and kissed him. Happier than ever that my best friend and I were more than just friends. That night at the movie theatre when I saw Cassie really seemed to be the turning point for him – for us. Since then, he seemed dead set on convincing me that there was no rotation, no Cassie, no one else. My brother still thought it was strange to see us holding hands, but he was getting better at disguising his disgust.

I was still deep in thought as I came out of the OR Locker Room when I ran into someone.

"Oh, I'm sorr-." My eyes flew to the person in my way. My face instantly hardened and my back stiffened. "What do you want?"

"Just to say hey." Wilson leaned against the wall as a smooth lock of blond hair fell into his bright blue eyes.

I rolled my eyes and stepped around him. "Get away from me." Technically I was still at work, so it would be unprofessional of me to smack the shit out of him. Believe me, I wasn't hesitant to hurt him anymore.

"I called you the other day," he said as he pushed himself from the wall and fell into step next to me.

If I just ignore him, he will go away. For all I know, this is some sick demented figment of my imagination.

"I called you the other day," he repeated again. Apparently ignoring him wasn't going to work.

"And I ignored it." I pulled my bag higher on my shoulder and started walking faster. The sooner I got to the punch out clock, the sooner I could get away from him.

"Why?" He was talking like we were best friends, like he hadn't broken my heart, thrown it on the ground and pissed all over it.

"What do you want?" He was getting the better of me. I couldn't keep the anger from seeping into my voice.

"Just wanted to give you a heads up."

I wanted to block out what he was saying to me, but I couldn't. "What the fuck are you talking about?" I stopped walking and turned to Wilson waiting for him to answer me. If I said he didn't look good, I'd be lying. Pressed khakis and a crisp coral shirt never looked so good on a man.

"You realize Gavin is just playing you, right?" I rolled my eyes. This was the best he could do? This is what he spent his free time thinking about, Gavin and me? "Oh, you thought he was for real? He and I still play that game you know."

I narrowed my eyes at him and opened my mouth to give him a piece of my mind, but he rushed on before I could get a word out.

"Sure, we haven't really spoken since high school, but believe me, we are both keeping score. Did he ever tell you why we stopped speaking?"

I'd had enough. Things were going nicely between Gavin and I and I wasn't going to let this asshole ruin it. Not this time.

"Wilson, whatever it is you are trying to do, its not going to work. The fact that would even entertain the idea of showing up at my job to corner me is pathetic. Get the hell away from me so I can go home."

"So I'm taking that as a no, he didn't tell you why we stopped talking."

I turned on my heel and kept walking, intent on blocking Wilson out. Unfortunately for me, his legs are much longer than mine; it was easy for him to keep up.

"We stopped talking because he knew I was going to get to you first." My fist clenched at my side. I just had to make it to the parking lot, then I could shove this fuckers perfect pearly whites right down his throat. "We stopped talking because he knew that night after the bonfire, you were mine."

My step faltered, but I rushed on, almost running, trying in vain to get to the clock so I could leave. I really didn't need this right now.

"He's just pissed he got my sloppy seconds…again."

I got to the clock and shoved my keycard into the slot. It was an excruciating seven seconds before the clock blinked green acknowledging my punch out. I rushed out the automatic doors of the building and in the process almost ran over a doctor.

"Oh, sorry Dr. Miller. I didn't see you there."

I tried not to look him in the eye. Embarrassment and Wilson's presence at my side was forcing shame and heat to rise in my cheeks. "That's all right Isabelle, is everything all right?" he asked as he glanced between me and Wilson.

I nodded a little too enthusiastically. Dr, Miller eyed me curiously but eventually said his goodbyes.

I stepped out into the night, with Wilson right on my heels. I glanced around to make sure we were out of earshot from anyone I knew before I turned around and stared him in the face. Wilson looked amused, which pissed me off more.

Wilson glanced at something over my head and smiled, but I wasn't going to be deterred.

"Listen. I don't give a shit what you have to say, just leave me the fuck alone."

"Hey, I'm sorry." Wilson looked down at his feet then back up at me from under his lashes. It would have worked if I hadn't known this was his tell. He only did that stupid move when he was about to lie. "I was/am a total dick, and I want nothing more than your forgiveness. I'm sorry."

I cocked my hand back like I was about to punch him, and he threw up his hands in defense and rushed on. "I meant no harm in coming here tonight, I just thought you should know Gavin has been fucking around on you. And he's been fucking around with Cassie."

My hand dropped slightly, but I didn't drop my guard. It was one thing to think that Gavin wanted someone else; it was something else entirely to hear that he was actually fucking someone else, even if it was coming from Wilson. I shook my head. There was no way. Not with her.

"I'm so sorry Red." My eyes were unfocusing as I had to remind myself to breathe. Why the fuck was I standing here listening to Wilson when I should be on my way to Gavin's house? Why was Wilson still standing? He should be on the ground trying to retrieve his balls from his throat after I'd kicked him.

I caught the look on Wilson's face as he glanced over my head and smiled again. I was about to turn around to see who he was looking at, when his hands on my shoulders stopped me. I rose my hand to smack his arms away from me, when he lips descended on mine.

I couldn't react at first. Shock was ruling my body as I stood still while Wilson pressed his lips to mine. I managed to get my hands between our chests and I shoved him away. I looked into his face with wild eyes and I watched him sneer at me. Wilson was a wonderful actor. From afar, his performance may have been believable.

From somewhere behind me, I heard a car door slam and tires screech. I turned just in time to see Gavin's car peeling out of the parking lot. I squinted trying to figure out what was tossed out of the window. From here it looked like a bouquet or roses.

My mouth hung open in shock. What did I just do? I turned back to Wilson who looked very pleased with himself and was trying to suppress a laugh.

"You knew he was watching," I bit out. I could hardly see straight.

"It couldn't have worked out better if I'd planned it that way. He really is fucking Cassie though, and I really did think you should know. Hey," he said clapping me on the shoulder. "At least I saved you the humiliation of a breakup right?" He smiled at me like he just did me a favor.

HotSprings22
HotSprings22
1,169 Followers