Divination of My Heart

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

So involved in lusting after the wine, Thomas almost missed the duke's next statement, "She's with my friend Gabriel Evans. They're at his townhouse. Not too far from here."

Thomas's mouth dried swiftly. His sister was in a man's house without an escort? He mounted two steps, but halted when it became clear the Duke wasn't going to move out of his way. "Remove yourself."

"I will not."

"But I must go to her at once, sir."

"You won't disturb them."

"And you presume a lot to tell me what I can't do," Thomas replied.

"I'm not telling you, lad...I'm forbidding you. As is my right."

His right? Thomas thought indignantly.

And it was, he realized the next moment with a jolt. Deep inside, Thomas felt the man's control over him assert itself. If he thought of returning meekly to the chamber he'd just left, he could go. If he thought of fleeing in terror to the rented townhouse he shared with Tammy, he could go.

But if he thought of seeking out his sister...he knew he couldn't follow through on the action. It was as if literal shackles stopped him from doing so.

"What have you done to me?" Thomas gasped.

"Now we're on the right course. But that's still the wrong question, Thomas." Cool amusement lit the inky black depths of the duke's eyes.

"What question would you have me ask?"

"How long you have to live."

"Are you threatening to kill me?"

The silence which preceded the answer stretched on for what seemed like an eternity. "I already have."

Thomas glanced down the front of himself, taking in his body—his fully functioning, walking, talking, very much still alive, thank you very much, body. "The hell, you say."

*

Thomas Clancy de Aubonville was lively.

And Julien liked that about him. Liked him. Way more than he ought considering the male represented two impossibilities: First, Thomas was his lifemate, a fact so shocking in its own right it almost overshadowed the second issue which was more of an improbability than an impossibility, Thomas's gender.

Julien had found out all about Thomas from his twin sister. Following an age old instinct, Gabriel had depleted her blood supply down to the bare minimum needed for the transition much quicker than Julien had with Thomas in his reserved caution not to repeat history, meaning he was also able to replenish her lost blood with his own quicker and that she came to quicker...hours before Thomas.

Julien had just returned home not too long ago from delivering a marital gift of sorts to the couple. He'd found it highly amusing, and symbolic, to present them with a dazed Duchess of Dunbar. At Gabriel's insistence, given only because prior to Julien's arrival he and his lifemate had marked each other with their scents through the transfer of blood and the emission of bodily liquids secreted during the consummation of their union, Julien had shared in their snack which was followed immediately by an informative tête-à-tête with Tammy.

To Gabriel's delight, Tammy had promptly accepted her future as a creature of the dark who would live by his side for eternity as his lifemate. Though Julien didn't mention it, he thought she was more excited than anything else about the fact that it was finally, as she put it, "My turn to wed."

To say she relished the thought of shocking the ton by making a quick trip to Gretna Green only to return a wedded, pre-bedded wife was an understatement. Though their relationship, unlike his with Thomas, would be recognized afterwards in the eyes of the church and the ton, Julien didn't envy his friend his new bride. From their quick meeting he had determined the girl was stubborn, willful and was going to be a handful.

Not a good combination to work against while trying to teach your newling the discipline required to curb a raging bloodlust. Before Tammy was completely in control of herself, there was going to be an unforeseen death or two.

But Thomas...Thomas represented a completely different story. From Tammy's description of her beloved brother, the male was, for lack of a better word, a prude. He spent the majority of his time concerned with the ton's opinion, an opinion Julien himself flouted regularly in his present life as well as had flouted regularly in his past two incarnations as his father and grandfather. He made it a point to always live his life without the hindrance of regrets or morals to hamper him and to live it while never giving two damns about what the ton, or anyone else for that matter, thought of him.

Which presently put him at a distinct disadvantage . He could only speculate how the fair-haired male would react to the fact that he belonged to him, another male, now and forever. Revulsion, shock and disgust topped the list of possible responses. Left with no other choice, Julien knew Thomas would eventually grow to accept the two of them together, but Julien wanted to have it happen sooner rather than later.

And there was only one way he could see that happening...by corrupting the pious male. Starting with an introduction to the delights to be found carnally. Though Julien had always preferred the company of a female, he'd been around entirely too long to have escaped personal knowledge of the bliss that could be found with a man. As lifemates, he and Thomas would be participating often in those pleasurable activities. Activities which, if they were discovered, carried a sentence of death by hanging, a sentence which would harm a vampire about as much as dousing him with holy water, that is to say, not at all.

"You're a lunatic. A raving lunatic," Thomas spat.

Inclining his head, Julien replied, "That description has been applied to me a time or two. But lunatic or not, Thomas, you know I speak the truth. You are now as dead as I am."

"Lunatic," he repeated, pivoting on his heel.

Draining the contents of his cup, Julien watched his reluctant lifemate flee. He wondered if Thomas even noticed his increased speed before deciding he hadn't, or, if he had, he'd probably erroneously attributed it to the distress of his situation. Several seconds passed before Julien finally set his empty glass on the top step and gave chase. He caught up to Thomas rapidly, overtaking him just as he reached the door to the bedchamber he'd awoken in. Julien's bedchamber.

Thomas hurtled into the interior and slammed the door shut, locking it. He stared at it, backed away, moved towards it again, his hand rising hesitatingly, only to back away once more.

Entertained, Julien watched for awhile as Thomas struggled internally against the pull of their union, watched him unsuccessfully fight something that was bigger than either of them. "Your fight is in vain."

"Jesus," Thomas shouted. He whirled towards the rumpled bed on which Julien lazily reclined. "What the hell are you?"

"Your sire. Your master." Holding Thomas's wary gaze, Julien rose and approached slowly. "Your maker. Your creator. Your God." The smaller male backed away with equally measured steps, but Julien didn't let up on his advance until only a few mere feet separated them and Thomas's back was flush with the door, leaving him with no way to escape. "But above all, I will be your lover."

"You're the devil, aren't you?" Thomas whispered with more awe than fear.

"No, but I do so love how you compliment me." Julien cut off the remaining distance, splaying his hands flat on the door above Thomas's head and leaned in to catch his lips in a quick, brutal kiss of possession. He pulled back to mutter, "You belong to me, Thomas Clancy de Aubonville."

In a stupor, Thomas regarded him. Then bellowed, "Yours? Are you mad? You're a man!" And, almost as an afterthought given automatically, added, "And don't call me Clancy."

"I thought we already settled that I am quite mad. For you, Thomas. And I'd much rather call you by another name—mine." Julien invaded his soon-to-be lover's space again and wrapped one hand in his silky blond locks, pulling his head back with a jerk and claiming a second kiss of the captivating upturned lips that was deeper than, more all consuming than, more possessive than the first.

Thomas immediately stiffened as Julien thrust his tongue over and over into his mouth seeking, tasting, ravishing, marking. He raised his hands to Julien's chest and futilely tried to push him away. But eventually the resistance faded as Thomas submitted to Julien's invincible will. And those hands that had tried to win a bid for freedom eventually clutched at Julien's shirt, pulling him ever closer.

With an extraordinary amount of effort, Julien drew back, taking in the beguilingly bruised and swollen lips. His gaze drifted higher and he saw the beginning of understanding, if not quite acceptance, spark in Thomas's bright blue eyes. "That's right, Thomas. All you have to do is look within yourself to know I speak true."

"But it is unnatural for one man to be with another. It's not—oh," Thomas's protestation broke off as Julien's free hand found the crotch of his trousers.

"The hell with what polite society and the whole goddamned ton think," Julien snarled. "I'm not a man, Thomas. I don't live by the world's rules. I make my own." With each statement, Julien gave Thomas's growing length a firm stroke. "And there is nothing—nothing—that will keep me from you. And God forbid should anybody, or anything, be stupid enough to try."

"If you're not a man," Thomas panted, twisting in an effort to free himself, "what are you?"

"We, dear Thomas, we are vampires," Julien answered, easily overcoming all of Thomas's efforts to evade his relentless touch.

"There's no...there's no such thing...as vampires."

"I assure you, there is such a thing." Julien tightened his grasp in the golden tresses and curled the fingers of his other hand around the staff outlined by the snug breeches. He brought his face to Thomas's, smothering Thomas's huff of pain with his mouth. "I am one. You are one. And you belong to me."

Adeptly, Julien sprung Thomas's phallus free of its constriction, then dropped to his knees in front of him. He was pleased to see the alluring prize he'd uncovered. Thomas wasn't too long nor too thick, but of the perfect size and with a slight curve. Julien played with the silken flesh, stroking it up and down and occasionally dropping his grip to gently massage the sack beneath.

When he felt sufficiently confident Thomas was ready for the next level, Julien brought his mouth to the head of Thomas's staff. Then engulfed it, inch by slow, delicious inch. He licked and nipped until he reached the root, then pulled back and repeated his routine. Each time Thomas released a little of that sweet liquid which was the precursor to the higher pleasure he was hurtling headlong towards, Julien growled low in his throat and his fangs grew a little longer.

In the most basic of manners, Julien worshiped his lifemate. He savored Thomas's clean taste, swiping his tongue in broad strokes along the bottom of the shaft as he alternated between gentle and hard sucks. He cupped Thomas's sparsely haired balls and from their tightness, and from Thomas's guttural, fevered moans, knew his lover was close.

Releasing him from his mouth, Julien sat back on his haunches and stared up into his newling's half closed eyes. "How many others have you known, Thomas? How many do I have to wipe clean from your memory?"

"N-none," he stuttered, vainly attempting to recover his stolen breath.

The answer shocked Julien. In his own human life he'd been inducted into manhood at the age of thirteen and had enjoyed being a man for the next seventeen years until he'd been turned on the whim of a female vampire who'd wanted to forever preserve Julien's potent vitality. Not taking too kindly to the absolute control of another over him, Julien had fucked the bitch then immediately decapitated her when she'd fallen asleep. Ever since he'd been enjoying the varying joys of being vampire...which included a dangerous combination of sex mingled with killing.

As Julien's experiences ranged from the loving of men, women, men who wanted to be women, women who wanted to be men and one lonely, confused soul who had been equipped with a dual set of sexual organs, Thomas's unspoiled innocence pleased him to no end.

"None? You've never been with another before? I know not a man, but not even a woman?"

"Never."

"And we're going to keep it that way," Julien demanded, triumph soaring through his veins that none had ever known what was his. "You will never be with another, Thomas. You belong to me. Mind, body and soul. You hear me, Thomas? Even your soul belongs to me. Forever." Julien sucked the staff clear into the back of his throat with one gulp, then just as quickly released it again. "Say it, Thomas. I want to hear you say it!"

"Yours," Thomas agreed in a tortured moan.

"What's mine?" Julien swirled his tongue around the swollen tip, tasting another sweet dollop of liquid innocence which welled there.

"My soul," Thomas groaned. "My soul is yours, your grace."

"For how long?"

"Forever."

"That's right, Thomas. Forever." With that, Julien resumed his ministrations on the stiff rod.

Very soon Thomas bucked wildly, his head thrown back in abandon against the door and the cords in his neck standing out starkly. His entire body stretched taut, reaching, stretching towards that final end. Julien continued to suck, relishing the ever so slight swelling of Thomas's member and the ecstasy visible on Thomas's face. When Thomas's legs began to quiver uncontrollably, Julien shifted so that he supported most of Thomas's weight as he continued to goad Thomas to the imminently impending powerful orgasm.

When Thomas's fingers clutched the side of Julien's head, Julien sucked harder still. Then bit Thomas at the base of his staff.

And was rewarded with the first pulse of Thomas's seed mingled with the tangy taste of his blood.

For each of Julien's greedy swallows, Thomas graced him with another mouthful. One, two, three, four more volleys erupted before Thomas had delivered the whole of his load. Afterwards he sagged, boneless, against the door, in danger of collapsing.

"The most intoxicating of sweetness," Julien said, licking his lips. In a blur of movement, he removed both of their clothes. Sweeping Thomas off his feet, he carried him to the bed where he laid his sated lover flat on his stomach. He stretched himself alongside Thomas asking, "Are you ready for more, dear Thomas?"

The response was muffled by the pillows Thomas's face was buried in, but considering he wasn't making a fruitless dash for the door, Julien took it as consent. He buried his nose in Thomas's neck and inhaled deeply. He smelled earthy and male, like sandalwood...and purity. "So innocent...so untried...so pure. I confess I don't know whether it is God's hand that has brought us together or the Devil's."

Thomas turned his head to one side, flaxen curls shielding his profile. "Why do you make such a statement, your grace?"

"My name is Julien, Thomas." He caressed the wayward lock of hair back off of Thomas's brow, tucking it behind his ear. Beautiful, he thought as the handsome face was revealed to his hungry eyes again, absolutely beautiful. "Use it, because I refuse to spend an eternity listening to you call me your grace."

"Why do you make such a statement...Julien?"

"Because God," Julien answered, pressing a kiss to Thomas's neck, "washed his hands of me a long time ago. And I have no doubt you are a precious creation he personally had a hand in molding and thus would never willingly give to me. So that leads me to think..."

"The devil is responsible?"

"It would be just like old Beelzebub to give you to me. But only as a cruel trick. Only if he meant to take you from me. But I won't let him. I meant it when I said there is not one person or thing on earth that can keep me from you. And even when we experience the true death I'll find you." Julien licked a line across Thomas's broad shoulders and down the slim curve of his back, then effortlessly flipped him over. "This next part I thought to do from behind, but now I find that I want to watch your expressive eyes as we embark on the experience together."

Thomas's swallow was audible. "Ex-ex-experience?"

"You've given me your blood and seed. You've marked me as yours." Julien gave a closed mouth smile. "Now it's time for me to make you mine."

"Don't I get a choice?"

"No."

*

Julien alighted from the bed, his staff jutting out proudly from its nest of auburn. Thomas rolled onto his side, his eyes following Julien's powerful form as he strode to a chest in the corner, lifted the lid and bent to rumble through the contents before finally locating the object of his desire—a tiny red vial. He returned to stand just to the side of the bed, just mere feet from Thomas, where he uncorked the vial and poured a sweet smelling oil into the palm of his hand.

Completely absorbed, Thomas drank in Julien's magnificence. The sturdy shoulders. The brawny chest. The muscular legs.

He recognized the power Julien held over him was of a carnal nature, rather than the unnatural control he'd first thought it was. He also acknowledged to himself it was his curiosity to know Julien in this way which had prevented him from leaving to go in search of Tammy earlier. He was enthralled by this man who claimed to be a vampire. And he knew what he felt to be wrong. Knew it made them both little more than abominations in the eyes of the Lord, pariahs to be scorned by society.

But how could something so wrong be so pleasurable? Thomas shuddered, thinking of the intense satisfaction Julien's hot mouth had given him.

Julien may not have been sure of who, or what, had brought them together but Thomas sure the hell was. And it wasn't God or Satan.

It was that damn hand mirror.

With trepidation, Thomas steeled himself. The hand mirror had ordained he was to be here with Julien, so he would make the best of a pleasurable, if morally wrong, situation. And once Julien fell asleep he would escape, never to think of this night or the things he'd done with this man ever again.

"Watch, Thomas." It wasn't until Julien spoke that Thomas realized he'd squeezed his eyes tightly shut. Julien waited until Thomas did as bid to give his next order. "Taste."

Fighting feelings of equal parts disgust and fascination, Thomas leaned forward, bringing his lips to the tip of Julien's phallus. Imperiously, Julien stared down at him through hooded lids, silently waiting for him to complete the task he'd been given.

Taste. The order in the sparkling diamond black eyes was clear as if the order had been spoken aloud a second time.

Needing no further encouragement, Thomas tasted. Uncertainly, he swirled his tongue around the head, getting a feel for the ridges, the silky texture and the smooth flavor. It felt strange having any part of the huge rod in his mouth, but it also felt...right.

The rumbling moan Julien emitted emboldened Thomas like no words of praise ever could. Mimicking the actions that had recently given him so much satisfaction, Thomas inched his way down towards the root. Halfway to his goal, he stopped or else he risked the very real disagreeable possibility of choking himself on the immense girth. With a look of apology, he retreated.

"Enough," Julien groaned. "Your inexperience is going to unman. On your back now."

Thomas lay flat on his back, his eyes fastened to Julien's hand as it grasped his massive erection. With a few swipes Julien coated his every inch with the oil, until his staff shone impossibly bright in the candle light.

"My apologies beforehand," he said, rejoining Thomas on the bed. He hovered over him, dipping his head to catch Thomas's bottom lip between his teeth, sucking it into his mouth. "But I fear there's a bit of pain to be involved in our joining. It's unavoidable."