DJ Pt. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
o2byoung
o2byoung
135 Followers

Once in the living room, the boys instinctively sat next to each other on the sofa, DJ on the right end and Jamie in the center. They figured Granny would take the chair next to the sofa.

Granny standing in front of the boys and sticking her hand in between their touching thighs, "Move that butt over, Jamie, I want to sit in between you."

"OK, Gran—is it OK if I call you Granny?" Jamie asked.

Aggie, smiling, "I'd be proud if you do, honey." Granny snuggled down in between the two boys.

"How long have you two been boyfriends?" Granny asked.

"About 8 months," DJ answered.

"I'm nosy," Granny said, "please tell me the story, how you met, and how you got to where you are now, and what your plans are for the future."

The boys spent the next hour, sharing their love story with Granny, starting with the first time DJ and Doug picked up that pizza, how they started school together at the community college, and how they've become nearly inseparable ever since they first met.

"So, for you two, it was love at first sight," Granny commented, "and I do believe in love at first sight, any plans for marriage?"

"Granny!" DJ blurted, "we're only 20, and we've been boyfriends for not even a year yet."

"We're not saying we wouldn't consider marriage," Jamie responded, "someplace down the line, but right now, our education and careers need to be on the front burner. Maybe, after we graduate, and can settle down, we might tie the knot, and maybe even raise a family."

"I hope I'm still around to see that," Granny remarked, "I can feel the love you two have for each other, and you would make a most beautiful and handsome couple, and I'll bet, good parents too."

About 11:00 AM Granny told the boys she wanted to freshen up a bit, as her 'son's' were coming to pick her up in about a half an hour. After Joe and I picked Aggie up, the boys decided to play some games until they needed to shower and get ready for work, as they were both due at 3:00 PM today.

* * * * * * *

Joe and I took his Mom to the 'Hometown Café' for lunch, a small quiet café that specializes in 'down home, homemade meals'. They even make their own rolls and pies, but they are a tad pricey, lunch will typically run about $12 to $15 per person, and dinners start at about $20 and go up from there.

Aggie asked us if we had our Tux's rented yet. Joe and I looked at each other, this was something we'd never considered. We admitted that we had not considered even having Tux's, and there was no place local that rented them, and we'd need to go to the city to find a rental place. Aggie insisted that we needed to have Tux's for this once-in-a-lifetime event.

Joe called Jeff, his best man, to confirm his plan to stand with Joe, and to see if he might have a Tux. Jeff said he was looking forward to the ceremony but didn't have a Tux. An hour later, our plans were made. The schedule is going to be tight. Monday, the 15th, is the boys' first day back at school, and they had classes at 9, 10 and 11. Carl is taking Joe and me to the airport early Monday morning for our flight to Miami.

Okay, we've got it together. Joe is going to take DJ and myself to the city tomorrow (Friday) morning early, picking up Jeff on the way, to get fitted and rent the Tux's. DJ and Jamie are both off on Mondays, and would make the trip back to the city after classes, to return them. We need to leave early, about 8:00 AM, as both Joe and Jeff are scheduled to work at 3:00 PM, and so are DJ and myself.

It was nearly 2:00 PM when we finished our lunch with Mom. Joe drove us back to our house so I could change and head for work. Joe then took a few minutes to show her our home, and she loved the shiny, ebony furnishings in the boys' room.

Joe walked his mother back to the car, preparing to take her back to the Seldon's, helped her in and closed the door, and walked around to the driver's side, got in, and drove off.

"Joe, I have fallen hopelessly in love with my new grandson. He is just the most precious young man, well, both he and Jamie are pretty awesome. I can't believe how much in love they are, and DJ has that killer smile, wow."

"Mom, when we first knew DJ, we never saw that smile, it's developed over a period of time. I have to show you something.

Right there is the Southside Drug store where Doug and DJ both work, and over here is Anthony's Pizzeria, where Jamie works, and where our wedding will take place on Sunday."

Driving about 5 minutes away, Joe pulled into the projects. The overall sight was one of disrepair, broken windows covered with cardboard, kids playing in dirt covered yards with no grass.

"Why are we here?" Aggie asked.

"Mom," Joe said, tears in his eyes, "this is where we rescued DJ from, in early April, about 9 months ago."

"Oh my god, Joe, I can't believe he lived in a place like this!"

"He didn't live here, Mom, he existed here. He was like a dying plant, Doug gave him love, and made him feel wanted, and secure, and now he bearing fruit! He just needed to know someone cared, and Doug and I care more than he will ever know."

"Mom, please don't tell DJ I showed you this, it's an era of his life that he wants and needs to forget about, and his future, with the family that has adopted him and loves him so much, is quite bright. DJ is a very special, somewhat fragile, and well loved young man."

"He's a thief too," Granny said, "he reached in and stole a chunk of my heart before I knew what was happening."

"Mom," Joe said, chuckling, "you put it out there to tempt him!"

Joe took his Mom back out to the Seldon's about 4:00 PM, and then left to take care of some last minute plans, primarily making arrangements for the food for the reception. Anthony had told Joe that he could bring the food in on Saturday and put it in the walk-in cooler to keep until it was needed on Sunday. Even for a small wedding, such as ours, the details can get quite complicated!

When DJ and Jamie finished their shifts Thursday night, they returned to our house to spend the night, as we were all, except Jamie, leaving at 8:00 AM Friday morning, to go to the city to rent the Tux's.

* * * * * * *

Friday morning, Joe and I woke at 6:30 AM to the sound of that pesky alarm. I made coffee while Joe shook DJ awake. DJ quietly slipped out of bed, leaving his boyfriend to sleep. Jamie was already planning, once he woke up, to go out to his house and entertain his future grandma-in-law. Jamie, also, was developing quite an attraction to Granny. DJ, Joe and I were having coffee, and I was planning to cook us up some breakfast before we left.

"DJ," I said, "I know we talked earlier about maybe having Joe's Mom stay here with you boys while we're on our honeymoon. I really think though, that with your school and work schedules, it might be better to let Mom stay with Karen and Carl. If you guys spend your nights there, you'll still have just as much time to spend with Granny, and she wouldn't be spending any time alone."

"You're right, Dad, Jamie's Mom is almost always home and I think she really enjoys having Granny around. I sure wouldn't want anything to happen to Granny, and have no one around to help her."

"DJ," Joe commented, "Mom told me she would love to take you back to California with her."

"I'd love to go with her," DJ responded, smiling, "but only if Jamie can go with us too."

"I kind of figured that!" Joe replied, smiling.

At 8:00 AM we all left in Joe's Taurus, DJ sat in the back, and I occupied the front passenger seat. About 10 minutes away from our house, we picked up Jeff, and he took the other side of the back seat with DJ, and Joe introduced us all. We arrived at the rental place just a little after 10:00 AM, and spent the next hour getting measured and fitted. I couldn't help but smile looking at DJ in a Tux, he looked especially stunning and handsome. Maybe some day he can wear one again, along with Jamie, on their own wedding day.

On the way back to town, we stopped at a roadside eatery and Joe treated us all to lunch. I had never met Jeff before today, and he seemed right decent, he was quite friendly and very likeable.

"Jeff," DJ asked, "what's it like, having a gay cop for a partner?"

"Most of the time," Jeff replied, "no different than having any other partner. Once in a while one of the other guys would make a comment about me, and my queer partner, but I never let it bother me. Joe never flaunted his sexuality, and never once made a pass toward me. I always knew that he had my back, and I always had his. I was a little surprised, when Joe asked me to stand with him, but after the years we've known and trusted each other, I was honored to be asked to be his best man."

We dropped Jeff off at his home, and the three of us arrived back at our home about 2:00 PM. DJ and I left about 2:30 to work our shifts at the store, and Mike was to pick Joe up about 3:00 PM. Being a Friday night, DJ and I will be getting off at 9:00 PM, and Jamie will be working until 11:00. When DJ and I clocked in, Randy told DJ he needed to talk with him.

"DJ," Randy said, "this next week is probably going to be one of the toughest you'll ever experience. You're getting hit with a double whammy, it's your first week back in school, and with your Dad being on his honeymoon, I'm going to need you to cover his delivery shifts too, and I'm going to need you to work Monday."

"Somehow," DJ lamented, "this doesn't come as too great of a shock, but we may have a problem Monday. I have classes from 9-12, and then I have to make a trip to the city to return the rented tuxedos. I don't think there is any way I can be back here to work at 3:00 PM. When I agreed to return them on Monday, I thought I would be off work that day."

"I understand," Randy replied, "just come in as soon as you can, and we'll tell the customers their deliveries may be later than normal. DJ, I'm going to need you for at least a few hours, every day next week. I know you can do it, son!" Randy smiled, and hugged DJ's shoulders.

DJ looked at next weeks' schedule. He is scheduled from 3 to 9 on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and 5-9 on Thursday. At least he wasn't doubling on Tuesday, but that still totaled 40 hours! Randy was right, it's going to be a tough week.

When DJ and I clocked out at 9:00 PM that night, DJ headed right out to the Seldon's house, anxious to spend what time he could with Granny before she went to bed. Jamie would be there about 11:20. DJ and Jamie are both scheduled at 3:00 PM on Saturday, so they will have some time to spend with Granny before they leave for work.

* * * * * * *

Saturday morning was nearly a replica of Friday morning, Karen, Aggie, DJ and Jamie all shared breakfast together. After breakfast, Granny got the boys back on the Sofa, and was, again, sitting between them. They told her about their Disney experience, and Granny was giggling like a little girl when they told about the two girls chasing them. Granny sure likes being close to these boys, and it seems the feeling is mutual. Being Saturday, Carl doesn't have to work today.

Karen prepared a lunch for all of them, so the boys could eat before they left for work. After lunch, DJ and Jamie changed into their work uniforms, kissed Granny and Karen goodbye and left. Granny, Carl and Karen were still sitting at the table, conversing.

Aggie suddenly had tears running down her face, and grabbed a napkin to blot them, and Karen noticed, placing her arm around Aggie's shoulders)

"Mom!" Karen exclaimed, "what's wrong?" (Karen feels more comfortable calling Aggie 'Mom')

"Karen," Aggie sniffled, "I don't think I want to go back home!"

"But Aggie," Carl spoke softly, "you have your daughter, and your grandchildren out there, and your home."

"It's not the same," Aggie sniffled, "my grandchildren have grown up, and I maybe see them once every 5 or 6 weeks. My daughter picks me up to take me to my Doctor's appointment, and take me shopping, but I feel that it's out of obligation. I don't want to go back, and leave DJ and Jamie behind, I love them too much."

"I suppose," Karen lamented, "it's something that could be considered. I think having you visit here is like a novelty to DJ, as he has never had any grandparents that he knew. He and Jamie are adults now too, and they have their own lives to live. They might not have time to see you very often either, even if you lived close by."

"Aggie," Carl added, "you've still got about 10 or 12 days before you're scheduled to return, so there is plenty of time to talk about the options."

Sometime during the afternoon DJ received a text from Jamie: 'when you get off tonight, I cud use some help here, luv ya'

DJ returned a message: 'luv u 2, baby I'll c u about 9'

* * * * * * *

When DJ and I clocked out that night, he informed me that Jamie wanted his help with something at the pizzeria, and they were going to spend the night at Jamie's house (no surprise) and that he would be coming home before noon to dress for the wedding.

DJ walked in to the pizzeria and located Jamie.

"DJ, I still have customers to take care of, but Anthony said I could work on getting the party room set up for tomorrow in between, and I sure can use some help. We need to get something from the back room."

DJ followed Jamie to the back room, and Jamie pulled a sheet of plastic off of a portable altar, quite nicely decorated with artificial flowers. The two boys carried it to the party room, and stood it up.

"Where did this come from?" DJ asked.

"Anthony has had it all along, he said this isn't the first wedding to be performed here, and likely won't be the last. Then we have to fold up most of the tables and arrange the chairs. I think the altar needs to go up there, at the far end."

The boys located the alter at the far end of the room, then started to fold up tables, stacking them against one wall, and leaving just two long banquet tables against the back wall, opposite the altar. Jamie left to care for his customers, and DJ started to arrange the chairs, 6 chairs wide and 5 rows deep on each side of the room, leaving an isle down the center, utilizing all 60 of the available chairs.

Jamie, returning, "I think we better bring in a few more chairs from the dining room, I don't think 60 will be quite enough."

They brought in another dozen chairs from the dining room, and now the party room would seat 72 people, probably adequate. Jamie went and asked Anthony something, and Anthony went into his office and returned, handing Jamie the last two rainbow tablecloths left over from the Alliances pizza party.

DJ and Jamie spread out the tablecloths on the two banquet tables, and Anthony walked into the room, a gave it a once-over.

"Looks great, guys!" Anthony exclaimed, smiling, "it's a perfect layout for a gay wedding!" The boys smiled, and shared a kiss.

"Jamie," Anthony spoke, "I didn't schedule you early tomorrow because I knew you'd want to attend this wedding, as we all do. Since you know where we keep everything around here, like serving spoons, I'm going to ask you to kind of keep tabs on the needs here tomorrow for anything they may need, and you can clock in at 4:00 PM and close. By the way, I'm closing the restaurant to the public between 1:00 and 3:00, so we can all witness the ceremony." Then, "Jamie, are you guys ready to leave? Let's get out of here!"

DJ and Jamie drove both of their cars to Jamie's, as DJ needed to leave early to go home and get dressed for the wedding. By the time they got to Jamie's house it was nearly midnight, and Granny was long gone to bed, and so were the boys, within minutes.

"Baby," DJ said, as they lay in bed, "I can't believe the big day is here! Tomorrow night at this time I'll have both of my Dad's, legally married! My biggest dream is coming true."

"This is awesome, DJ, I'm so happy for you, and for them."

* * * * * * *

DJ had set his phone alarm for 10:00 AM as he needed to be to his house by noon to get dressed for the Big Day, the day he gets to walk his Dad down the isle, and give him away. On a scale of 1 to 10, his excitement is on 11.

Everyone was up, and Karen had prepared a nice breakfast, and DJ was almost to excited to eat, but Karen convinced him he needed to at least eat a little. Karen told DJ that she and Carl would be happy to bring Granny to the wedding. Shortly thereafter DJ left for his home to shave and dress in his tuxedo.

Joe and I broke tradition, as we had slept together the night before, and the night before that, and the night before that and...Oh, well.

Marla and her husband pulled up to the front door of Anthony's about 1:15 PM and she walked in, greeted by Anthony. She told Anthony she had a wedding cake to deliver here. Anthony stood by the door to hold it open while Sam, (Marla's husband) carried the three tier cake in, and then Anthony led them to the party room and Sam placed the cake on one of the two banquet tables.

Sam returned to the car and drove it to a parking space, picked up his photography equipment and returned. Jamie had come in early, and he was carrying containers of food and placing them on the tables. Anthony brought a rack in, that had sterno candles to keep food hot, then brought in a large, restaurant pan of lasagna, and set it over the flames.

A punch bowl was placed next to the cake, and Jamie started to pour gallon jugs of cold punch into the bowl, then set several stacks of clear plastic punch cups, with wedding decorations, next to the bowl.

A lady entered, carrying a black robe and a bible, and told Anthony that she was Pastor Evelyn White, and that she was to perform a ceremony here today. Anthony showed her the altar and she seemed pleased with the layout of the room.

When Joe and I arrived, we were quite pleasantly surprised at the number of cars in the parking lot. It was still only 1:30, and when we walked inside, it looked like about 40 people were sitting in the party room, mostly toward the back of the room. Some of them I knew, and some Joe knew and a few that we both knew.

Carl and Karen arrived with Aggie in between them, and they walked Mom to one of the chairs in the front row and sat with her. Jeff arrived and was talking with Joe, then about 15 police officers entered, several of them in uniform. I spotted several of my coworkers, including Randy and Daryl, Cindy, Lois, and Gloria. I was becoming somewhat overwhelmed, somehow I didn't realize we had quite this many friends, that were willing to honor our marriage.

Jamie and Anthony started to carry more chairs in from the dining room, creating a 7th row of chairs, any more guests would likely need to stand.

Pastor Evelyn, approaching us, "Gentlemen, I need to verify a couple of things. First I need to know, who is who in this wedding party.

"I'm Doug Kendall, and this is Joseph Reynolds, we are the grooms, and this is Jeff Strobel, Joe's best man, and this is my loving Son, DJ, who is giving me away today."

"Fine, have you guys written any special vows, or are we going adlib?"

"I thought we thought of everything," Joe replied, "but we didn't consider special vows, so, I guess we'll go adlib."

"That's fine," Pastor Evelyn said, "I think we'll start with Jeff bringing Joseph down the isle to the altar, and if you'll stand on the right side, then DJ, you'll walk your Dad down the isle, and you two will stand on the left. Is that OK?" We all agreed.

Pastor Evelyn put on her robe, picked up her bible, and walked to the altar. The room was suddenly as quiet as a morgue.

"Good afternoon, Ladies and Gentlemen, friends and relatives. I am Pastor Evelyn White, of the Universal Life Church. Although my Church does not condone marriages, other than between members of the opposite sex, as a Pastor, I am a very strong believer that love has no gender. I firmly believe that two people that are in love with each other, regardless of gender, have the right to marry, with God's blessing."

o2byoung
o2byoung
135 Followers