Do I Know You? Ch. 02

Story Info
An online author finds one of his fans.
926 words
4.44
5.2k
1
2
Story does not have any tags

Part 2 of the 8 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 06/10/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I followed her out to the parking lot, thankful on her behalf that she was wearing a dark pair of sweatpants because she wasn't kidding about being more than a little wet...

Exiting the building, she turned back to me and said with a smile, "I live 10 minutes from here, you can just follow me. I'm this white car, right over there."

As if to confirm that this wasn't all just some crazy dream, she leaned in close to quickly kiss me and whisper in my ear, "I have waited SO long for this day to be here..." Oh, I wanted to hold her in front of Panera in the middle of God knows wherever the hell I am, I was so thrown by what was happening to me. I just stood there, speechlessly watching her walk away for a second before she sensed that I wasn't moving and turned back asking, "Are you coming?"

Umm...

Is that a trick question?

That broke my brief reverie, snapping me from fantasy to an incredible reality. I turned the other way and tried to remember what my rental looked like - I generally tried to get something similar each trip to try to help me remember. Rarely worked, but at least I had a system of some sort. I was a bit more motivated than usual to find the car today, so I began pushing the unlock button on the key fob at a rapid drumbeat. When it started to sound like a car alarm, I knew I needed to lay off of it - fortunately, the flashing lights quickly gave away the location of my car.

That drive may have been the longest 10 minutes of MY LIFE.

Fortunately for me, she was an excellent leader, never leaving me hanging at a light. Little details like that speak volumes of a person's character - such a random thought to have on my way across this town, following a beautiful stranger(?), headed towards who knows what?!? What the hell, I told myself, what is life without the spirit of adventure?

Little did I know...

After getting off of the main road, we made very few twists and turns before arriving at her neighborhood. I was very glad to see that this was precisely the kind of place I would pick in which to live - one thing to put on the list of "things we have in common." I'm making a list now?

Trying to play it cool, I didn't rush out of my car and run up to hers, which is what I REALLY wanted to do. Feigning casual, I slowly pulled myself out of my car and walked up to where she was waiting.

"Have you figured it out yet?" she asked.

"Still chewing on it, actually," I responded before adding, "but I'm enjoying the ride so far, to be honest!"

It was easy to read in her that she actually knew me in some way, which comforted the tiny nagging voice of paranoia that wanted to sneak a word in edgewise. Something about, do you even know WHAT YOU ARE GETTING INTO HERE?!?!

Or something like that.

I couldn't really hear that voice when all I could see was her standing there looking at me as if I were a glass of her favorite wine and she was more than ready for a drink...

"Well, if you haven't figured it out yet, I'll give you just a little more time," she said, turning towards the front step of the house, "I need to hop in the shower anyway!"

We quickly entered the front door and she closed and locked the door behind us.

"Make yourself comfortable, I'll only be a minute," she said, motioning towards the living room sofa and chairs, as she walked down the hall to the master suite.

Fully invested in this scene by this point, I just kept playing along to see what came next. Still in my suit, jacket and all, I sit on the sofa and pull out my phone to clean up a little work email. Fifteen minutes later, I hear the shower shut off and I take that as my cue to put the phone down and pay attention.

Important to not be distracted at a time like this, trust me!

Another moment or two passed and then I heard her footsteps coming back down the hall in my direction. She walked into the living room wearing her robe, fresh out of the shower - barely dry, if at all. Just as I tried to play it cool earlier, I could tell a little of the same was going on from her end, given her current state - she wanted to get back out here quickly.

"I'm assuming you still haven't figured out how I know you?" she asked, more statement than question at this point.

"Well, yes, mostly," I said, "You've said that you love my writing, and that you know me, but that this is the first time we've met. That pretty much sums it up from my perspective."

However, actually saying all of that out loud seemed to trigger my memory, and it all comes back to me. We had had an online relationship a while ago and had somehow lost touch for a significant chunk of time. I couldn't remember if it was a move, or a change in job that severed our connection, but somehow we had lost touch.

"Taylor," I said, "Holy shit!"

She just smiled, and opened her robe...