Does Two Wrights - Repercussions

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
fanfare
fanfare
101 Followers

I had my sack purse ready to go with all I thought I would need. That's when I started to shout and yell and scream. I knocked a lamp over and with a rag in my hand to smudge my finger prints, threw a heavy ceramic ashtray at the wall. Leaving a big gouge and shattered ceramic all over. I tore at my blouse and deliberately ran myself into a shelf to leave more bruises then the earlier ones he'd given me.

I quieted down, I wanted the neighbors to note we'd had a fight at about this time but not enough for anyone to come over and interfere. Then I grabbed my big purse and went out the back door, leaving it wide open. For my finale, I threw myself off the top step to the small cement slab below to mess up my hands and arms and skin my knees.

Groaning, I slowly got to my feet and staggered around the house to the front. I limped four blocks north and two blocks east. Along the way, I dropped the squashed enema box into a trash can.

By now I was staggering as I got to Linda Chafee's house and weakly knocked on her screen door. She opened it and barely choked down a scream when she saw the state I was in. She was a Public Health RN I've known since grade school.

I was bawling hysterically, telling her my husband was drunk and beat me up and then threw me out of the back door. She anxiously asked where my kids were. She was relieved to hear they were safely with my Sister-in-Law, Lucy.

Linda thoroughly checked that I hadn't any apparent broken bones. Then she cleaned off the wounds and scrapes and applied an antiseptic cream with topical pain reliever and covered with gauze. Smelling my breath made it clear I had not been drinking, no matter how stinky my clothes were, she gave me a pill to relax me. I finally fell asleep in her guest room.

In the morning she called Lucy's and talked to Jesse's mother about why I wound up at Linda's. After that not-so-pleasant conversation, she called my boss Kate and told her the same thing.

Oh don't get my mother-in-law wrong, she wasn't mad at me for fighting with her dolt of a son. She was mad at me cause I've stayed with him through all the abuse he has heaped on me.

She was mad, cause she was mad at herself for putting up with Jesse's father for all those years. She was mad cause in her cowardice she had allowed the old bastard to raise their son to be the same type of bully as himself.

My MIL wanted me to take my children and run away somewhere and raise James to grow up to be a real man and not a monster as his father and grandfather. To raise Joan strong enough to stand up for herself and not just meekly accept abuse from the men in her life.

When I could finally crawl out of bed, Linda helped me to the toilet, then gave me a quick spitz bath. After a small breakfast, Linda told me she had also called a friend of hers for help. A 'special' friend, Aaron Miles.

He would escort us back to my house and keep Jesse from bothering me as I picked up some of my clothes and personal items. Lucy and my MIL wanted me to come stay with them and the children. Safety in numbers you know.

In walks this really big man. No, let's see how to put this. He wasn't much taller then me but he was wide. Not fat or muscle-bound like you see in the steroid abusing crowd. Aaron's chest and shoulders were wide and his arms were long. He had a large craggy head he kept shaved. Think of an almost hairless Silverback Gorilla and you'd be close.

Aaron was a Marine, he'd been a Drill Instructor for many years, specializing in hand-to-hand instruction. Now he was semi-retired on partial disability from wounds sustained in Iraq. He ran the Marine Corps recruiting station over in Kaleyard.

He had been friends with Linda for many years, they grew up on neighboring farms. And he'd known her husband in Iraq. Franklin Chafee been a Navy Medical Corpsman before his death in Afghanistan.

The first question Aaron had about Jesse is "Does he have any firearms?"

"Oh God, I'm sorry I didn't think about that. Yes, he has a couple each of rifles and revolvers and a shotgun. But last year we caught the kids playing with a box of ammunition. Since then it's all kept locked up in a trunk with two heavy-duty padlocks. We each separately carry one of the keys. Both keys are needed to open both locks."

"Sensible. Do you have your key with you?"

"Oh jeez, you're going to think I'm an idiot. When I grabbed my purse last night and ran, I forgot to take my set of house keys from the kitchen hook where I hang them." That even sounded believable to me.

"Hmmm. Okay then, I'll just have to play it by ear."

I went with Linda in her SUV and Aaron followed in a pickup truck he had borrowed from a friend of his. In case there was extra stuff I wanted to take with me to Linda's. We parked on the street in front of our house. My husband's truck was now in the driveway.

I felt a sinking sensation in my stomach. How in the hell did that get here? His friends had dropped him off last night cause he was too drunk to drive it home.

That's when Rose Polanski came over and told us that a couple of hours ago those idiots from last night had driven up in both trucks. I guess to return Jesse's truck from whatever bar he'd left it at. Must have been Brad and Stoner again. They started knocking and then banging on the front door, yelling for Jesse to let them in.

Mr. Polanski hadn't left for work yet, he went tearing over yelling at them to shut the fuck up! As soon as they seen him crossing the street, they both jumped into Brad's truck and raced off. The keys were still in the ignition for Jesse's truck.

I tried not to show my relief of my fear that somehow Jesse had been up and about. I think I hide it well with an outburst of tears, trying to apologize for disrupting the neighborhood. Everybody thought I was mortified at the behavior of my husband's friends. Aaron got the keys from the truck but Jesse carries his truck and house keys separately.

So I led Aaron and Linda and Rose and a couple of other of the more nosey neighbors around the house to the backdoor. It was still wide open as I had left it last night. We could hear the TV blaring. I hesitated at the steps. Slowly I climbed, dreading what we would find. Trying to guess how to act if Jesse is dead. Or worse, if he wasn't.

"Jesse? Jesse are you up?"

No reply, so Aaron followed me into the kitchen. Linda kept everybody else back in case there was trouble. But she wanted them present as witnesses in case Jesse started making threats or tried to attack me.

Then the two of us walked through. What was an unpleasant smell in the kitchen, was an overwhelming stench in the living room. I covered my mouth and nose and let out a screech as we saw my husband covered with vomit and having voided his bowels adding to the barroom stink.

Aaron grabbed me and pulled me back through the kitchen and outside the door where I proceeded to vomit against some straggly bush.

He told Linda to go check Jesse and then he asked Rose to take care of me and keep me company until the Fire Department medics could respond.

Linda came back out, her face pale and strained. She gave a small shake of her head towards Aaron whose was on his cell phone with our township emergency dispatcher. He frowned and sighed and told the dispatcher that there was a dead man in the house. So to send the police and coroner instead.

*******************

*******************

*******************

Readers are always asking what happens after a story ends. So, for those folks, this is my epilogue for "Does Two Wrights - Repercussions. I hope everyone will find this addition too their satisfaction.

*******************

After the police gave her permission, Lois had all the living room furniture and their bed hauled away and sold Jesse's truck. There was also some money received from his job life insurance, the part he couldn't borrow against. The insurance the Bank had made him carry, paid off the mortgage. So what she earned from her job was just enough to live off of. As her SIL and MIL weren't charging her for childcare.

After Jesse's sparsely attended funeral, Lois went to her crazy Uncle's lawyer and had him explain what the estate would consist of. He gave her a County Survey map, with the six square miles of property outlined.

She could see it was shaped sort like a rhomboid between the Railroad property to the south, County Road Four to the west, the Forked Lightning Ranch to the northwest, the Rockyhills State Park to the northeast and the State Highway and neighboring town of Kaleyard to the east by southeast.

*******************

*******************

A couple of years later, Mabel inherits her Uncle's property. She explores several parts of it and finally discovers the spot where her drunken husband had given her vague directions to find the mine shaft.

She notices that there had been a fairly recent slide, the rock faces were fresh sheared compared to the eroded boulder fields. The rest of the hill was overgrown with scraggly brush and weeds but not here. She assumed her BIL Rodger had used his experience with explosives to seal up the mine.

Over the next few days, she spent some hours carefully searching the entire hill, that there was no other way to get into the mine. She was surprised there weren't even air vents. She didn't know it had just been a small cave converted into a fake mine tunnel to swindle some gullible investors.

Of the six square miles that had been left to her. The State Highway Department had been wanting to run an extension connecting RailRoad Road to the State Highway. That would improve Main Street through the neighboring town of Kaleyard, expanding their business district. Plus, Mabel gifted the town 80 acres for a Town Park and a couple of new schools in exchange for her being allowed to develop the remaining 400 acres with homes and a shopping center and a medical business complex.

Two square miles of what was the best of the grazing land, Mabel sold to the neighboring Forked Lightning Ranch, a family corporation. At a very reasonable price in exchange for their assistance with setting up and staffing the Rocking W Dude Ranch on a section Mabel had reserved. This was bordered right next to the Rockycreek Resort lease.

The remaining three square miles {including the hills with the sealed mineshaft} would be traded to the State Park system, almost tripling the size of the old Rockyhills State Park. In exchange for forgiving the inheritance taxes owing to the state and a one hundred year lease, including road access, on a section around the hidden mine, where Mabel would have the Rockycreek Resort built.

******************

The three women and four children move out to the Resort and Dude Ranch. And they all lived happily ever after.

******************

fanfare
fanfare
101 Followers
12