Dominion Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You don't deserve respect," Nora spat as she climbed out of the bath. "If you think I don't know what you're up to, you're an imbecile. All I am is your little ticket to my brothers birth right. Besides, who do you think you are, entertaining a girl in the same room as me like this? You have some nerve, you know."

Aryn tried to move from his grasp, but he continued to hold her tightly on his lap. She sensed a change in his demeanor, almost as if a light switched on in his head. She could feel the violence emanating from his aura, and it made her shiver. This... This was the Serenad she remembered. This was the terrifying monster she was accustomed to dealing with while trapped in his observatory months ago. His grip tightened on her hips and suddenly she was flung from him and into the pool. She smacked her head on the ground and sucked a huge amount of water into her lungs as she struggled to surface. Everything was upside down and sideways, and she could feel her self slipping into unconsciousness while she struggled to find the surface.

Her hand hit something solid, and she pulled her self out while she heaved and coughed all of the water out of her system. When she spun around, she couldn't believe her eyes. In a blind rage, Serenad had his hands wrapped around Nora's neck, and was holding her under the water. Oh god, what should she do? She could feel Nora's life slipping away, and in a panic, she did the only thing she could do.

She sang.

Battling viciously with Serenad's mind, she forced him to lift Nora out of the water and place her onto the edge of the pool. She made him resuscitate her, watching with tear filled eyes as she coughed up the water in her lungs and began to breath again. She stopped her singing and watched with wide eyes as Serenad dropped to his hands and knees, gasping for air. He turned to look at Arwen and she held her breath, horrified of the possible consequences of her actions. She used her power when she wasn't supposed to... And she used it against him of all people. What would become of her now? Stumbling past Nora's unconscious body, Arwen watched silently as Serenad escaped into the other room.

A small clang drew her attention to where he had left, and she grinned as she spotted a small key on the tile floor. It looked like the key to a suppression bracelet. Maybe it would work on her cuff. She scurried over to the key and snatched it up to try and unlock the bracelet from her arm. The key didn't fit, and she cursed as she attempted to jiggle it to make it work. It was no use. The key did not fit her lock.

However...

A thought occurred to Arwen as she turned to Nora. The Kyaga woman was unconscious still, laying limply on the floor near the pool and dripping wet. If luck was on Arwen's side, Nora wouldn't remember her singing. If anything she could simply play it off as a hallucination.

She smiled as she turned back to face the wall, palming the key in her hand. She knew what she was considering could end badly for her. Nora wanted to escape and search for Trysten, and Draku's pendant needed to be taken out of Hollowood as well. Serenad already had the Totem belt, and Gaithelons Brassard in his possession. She wasn't sure what he was doing with them, but she knew that it had something to do with his experiments on the Daegra and the Gaidec held in his laboratory. God's only knew what kind of things Serenad would be capable of if he managed to acquire the pendant of Draku as well. She would help Nora escape, and she would make sure that the pendant left with her. She would do everything in her power to keep the pendant out of the brotherhoods grasp, even if it meant she was dragged back to Ylatm in the process.

12