Don't Do Anything You Will Regret

Story Info
Step siblings, Mark and Brenda, discover love.
5.9k words
4.6
39.2k
64
0
Story does not have any tags

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 03/16/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is a story about non-related step siblings who come to the knowledge they are in love. It does involve parents who suspected the outcome and are resigned to accept it. This story concludes before it ends. Another installment will come before long. (Fadedgiant)

Don't do anything you will regret

I am the older brother, stepbrother, in a blended family. My name is Mark and I am my father's son. My mother died of cancer a few years ago. I am 19 and graduated from high school now going to the small university in my home town. I've been something of an athlete most of my life and play basketball on the university team.

I have an 18-year old stepsister, Brenda, who is no blood relation. She came with the package when dad married her mom. Brenda is a beautiful girl in my mind and in the minds of most of the college boys. She graduated high school in the spring and started the same university. She is a cheerleader and lately been dating the captain of the baseball team.

Six years ago, when dad married again, Brenda was 12 and maybe a bit fat. She was short and I'm sure overly protected. What must have been hard for dad and Brenda's mom is that Brenda and I were going through those "years" at the same time. Our birthdays were reasonably close but they gave us separate parties for our own friends.

After Brenda turned 13, she changed. She began growing and the extra weight she carried began turning into cuteness. By the time she was 14, she was tall as me and very petite. Between my fifteenth and sixteenth birthday, I grew a couple more inches and started playing high school basketball.

Brenda's mom and my dad worried that she and I would probably just accept the other and never become like real brother and sister. We did struggle for a while until we both realized that we had a few things in common. Of course, we were steps and blended in a family that was neither hers completely nor mine completely.

We started talking about our early years one day and it seems that early conversation lasted several days. We both had memories to cry about. We discovered we could be the other's support. We didn't really become like brother and sister; however, we did become best friends, close confidants, and equally independent of our parents constantly worrying whether we could become family.

I dated some; however, college basketball demanded most of my time out of the classroom. Brenda, as I said, was dating the baseball team captain. One Saturday afternoon her signal knock on my door came as bit of a surprise as she is usually out with her boyfriend or a bunch of girls she hangs with.

She came in without hearing my invitation although I would never deny her, she knew that about me. We shared that in common too.

With a tentative voice that was surprising, she began, "I really need to talk to you, Mark. Take me out somewhere."

I knew where she wanted to go but asked the question anyway. "Where?"

When she or I wanted a private and personal talk, we learned a couple years ago of small park with secluded benches out of ear shot. We used the privacy to pour out all our emotions. Like I said, we were best friends more than being steps.

"The park, please." The begging in her voice was different almost a pleading demand.

"Let's go."

We grabbed a couple sodas from the refrigerator, hopped into my car, and were off. There was something about this trip that made me remain silent and Brenda said nothing also. The drive was only a couple minutes and we quickly swung into a parking stall. Brenda stopped me from dismounting the car with a sincere hug that wasn't unusual for her or me after having a particularly intense conversation. Unusual, it came before the talk.

We had a couple spots we liked to sit. One was more distant than the other and Brenda led me to the more distant one.

I don't know why I was feeling uncomfortable. Maybe her demeanor? Maybe her pleading? My discomfort became greater when Brenda took my hand and entwined her fingers in mine.

We reached the spot she wanted and when I tried to take my hand away from hers, she held tight. "Mark, I really need you to listen and say nothing until I'm done."

"You know I listen every time you need to talk. But, I'm really confused now."

"Not as confused as me. This is not going to be easy for me."

"Then it won't be easy for me either. Any secret is safe with me though; you know that."

A hint of a tear welled up in Brenda's eye. "It's a boyfriend problem, Mark. He wants me to, you know, let him have my body."

I began to respond but was quickly silenced. "Not until I am through."

"I've never been with a boy in that way. If I had, you would have been the first to know. I don't have anything from you. I don't feel for him in that kind of way. I'm sure if I turn him down he will break up with me. And, maybe I want to break up with him. I'm scared and confused about how I feel."

Brenda paused and gave me the signal that it was my turn. "Brenda, when we became a family, we were both mixed up about how our lives would change. Now, we've become what most people say is adult. I'm glad we are best friends. I love being your confidant and I love sharing with you what bothers me. If you don't want to give yourself to some guy or any guy, that is your decision. No one is worth taking what you don't want to willingly give. Let him break up with you or you call it off with him. Better than to do something you will regret or won't enjoy."

Brenda smiled a bit. "I'm told it hurts to give it the first time." She giggled a little at her reference to having sex the first time. Brenda rested her head on my shoulder.

"Mark," came a muted whisper, "why did you say you love being my confidant and love me being yours?"

I was suddenly struck by a fast rolling heavy freight truck. Hugging before the talk and hand holding, "Tell me what is really on your mind, Brenda."

"I think you just figured it out, Mark." Was I about to hear a something that was causing Brenda to ache? "I love you, Mark. Like being in love with you. That is one secret I've hid from myself and I can't hold it anymore." She began muffling a sob.

I wasn't dumbstruck like I thought I might be. I searched my soul trying to gage my feelings for Brenda. I did break her grasp on my hand to lift my arm, pull her to me, and held her tight. This was romantic not brotherly. I concluded, I love her, not love being her confidant or best friend.

Her sobbing ended after a couple minutes as she melted into chest. I lowered my head and rested my chin on the top of her head. Brenda slowly raised her head and when she did all thought of family and steps blasted into space. I found her lips, hers mine, and we kissed deeply.

When the kiss ended, there was only one thing left unsaid, and I said it. "I love you too."

Our next step was unclear. Of course, we could tumble into bed and make love though we both sensed it wasn't the right time for that. We could try going about our regular routine; however, that would be impossible after our declaration.

"Mark," I heard her begin.

"Yes, let's go home. We need to get this in the open."

"You know my mind too well."

Brenda squirmed for her cell phone. "I wonder how many girls break up with their boyfriends by text." Seconds later she hit send. "That's that."

A reply came quickly. Brenda read it to me. "Well, then, fuck you!"

She typed out her reply, "No, you won't fuck me."

"I've never used such language. Mark, it felt good to say how I really feel."

We laughed as we reached the car. "Now the hard part, Brenda. We have to tell our parents."

The ride home from the park was just as silent as the drive to. I was examining my feelings wondering how or when, and why I felt moved to admit I love Brenda. Having said it aloud to her was natural as drinking a glass of milk.

Brenda had her head bowed with a broad smile lighting up her face. The color in her cheeks was hot red; I wondered what was on her mind although I had a good idea. I had never thought of Brenda in a sexual way. We were best friends and steps albeit that we never played the role of being steps.

We arrived home seeing that our parents had gone out. Brenda broke the silence after getting into the house. "Another soda, Mark?"

We walked to the kitchen and got our drinks and took our usual places at the table.

"Brenda, what does loving each other mean?"

"It means that we take our time and work out what it means. I want to love you like a lover. I guess that's clear. But I'm not ready," she paused for a couple seconds before finishing, "yet."

I reached for her hand, "Good, I love you but not like I want to force you to do anything," now I paused before concluding, "like your old boyfriend."

We talked again like confidants spilling our hearts out trying to discover when we knew we were in love or going to be in love. Not at all strangely, we couldn't pin it down, it just happened.

"We're home," we heard my dad shout.

"We are in the kitchen," Brenda yelled back.

Brenda's mom noticed right away that we had had one of our private conversations. "You two been locked in one of your private moments, right? Sometimes I wish I knew what you talk about."

Brenda seized the initiative in the moment. "I asked Mark to take us to the park where we have our very special talks. Don't get angry, mom or dad. I broke up with my boyfriend because he wanted to pressure me into sex. I've never had sex and talked to Mark about it. He told me not to do anything I would regret."

My dad chimed, "You mean, your talks are that intimate and personal?"

Brenda's mom smiled, "Mark, you make me proud. I wish Brenda would confide in me that much."

I took over, "Remember how you worried that we would have a hard time becoming like steps. I don't think we ever will. However, more important than being steps, we became best friends and my advice not to give in was because I realize I love Brenda."

Before either parent register what I just said, Brenda continued the thought. "I love Mark, too. We are in love."

Dad looked at me then Brenda. Brenda's mom looked at her then me. Both comprehended the magnitude.

"Dad, I have not touched Brenda in any way sexual."

"We both don't want that now," Brenda followed. "We want to grow into it over time and decide for ourselves what is right."

"This is the other way we thought it could go," cited dad. "When you began spending time together talking like you do, we thought this could happen."

Brenda's mom looked at her, "That's why no steps were taken to change your name."

There was a pall covering the entire revelation of Brenda and I being in love. It wasn't a shroud of darkness, however. The atmosphere was light and accepting. Worry and trepidation was gone as if it never existed.

Things were astonishingly normal around the house. Brenda and I went to our rooms to study. I picked up where I'd left off before going out. My mind was completely on my homework; I had a new focus and study became clear and meaningful. I guess it was because I wanted, or needed, to study hard for us. I wondered what was going on in Brenda's room.

After an hour or so of study, I was getting close to finished. It was time to take a little break and get a snack. Brenda was in her room behind closed doors. "I'll get us both a snack," came the notion.

I gave my special tap on her door and quickly heard, "Come in."

"My hands are full, thought you might like a snack."

In a flash her door opened. "Snacks! How'd you know what I was thinking?"

"I've been studying and figured if I wanted a snack, you might, too. You been studying?"

Brenda nodded her head, "Finally done with it."

"I have a little left. It can wait." We sat on the edge of her bed like we always do in her room or mine. "How do you think school will be next week. I mean, wow! We've taken a huge step."

"At least our schedules are different and you are in a different building. Otherwise, our new relationship would be way too obvious." Brenda smothered my hand in hers.

"It's bound to come out sooner or later. Maybe we should make it sooner. Everyone we know is completely aware that we are not related by blood."

"But it would be a little weird," Brenda smiled a cute coy grin and leaned her head on my shoulder.

I was quick to kiss the top of her head. "Only a little weird," I'm sure she felt my grin.

We picked up our dialogue about school and study. We both agreed that we must take school seriously and get best grades we can. Brenda talked about getting a part time job and saving money. We were in like mind on that subject, too.

Our parents were well enough off that we didn't need to work, we came to this conclusion on our own.

"This is something else we need to talk to mom and dad about." Brenda made the statement very specific.

I had no concern about talking to them now. "I bet they will like the idea. I mean, we have to be able to take care of each other when we decide to live together."

"Live together? You mean, live together?" Brenda repeated the questions as though some grand disclosure was just made.

"Are you surprised?"

Brenda was silent, thinking, considering the implications. I kept silent with her only staring into her eyes. Her gaze in return was warm and loving not hot and sexual. When she was ready for hot and sexual, she would say it.

"I love you, Mark."

Our snack plates beside us, we locked together in an embrace that seemed to seal the truth. I repeated my love for her. "I'll wait for you to decide when we become lovers. Until then, I love only you. From now on."

We kissed again, a kiss that burned her mark on me and I hoped my stamp on her. "Mark, I won't make you wait long."

I felt her warmth penetrating my very being. Yes, I felt her body, the push of her breasts into my chest and her hips pressed into mine. A normal guy might have gone in for the grope but I guessed her now ex-boyfriend had done that. Suddenly, I was angry with him.

"I'll wait. Don't rush. I'll be here for as long as it takes."

Brenda surprised me with her subject change. "Mark, do you feel my body hugged to you? Does it feel good?"

"That's a strange question. What do you mean?" I sensed that she was about to tell me something about her ex.

"I want to know. Does my body feel good to you?"

"I feel the crush of your," I wanted to say something about her tits, yet believed I better keep things less sexual. "... breasts on my chest. You feel good. You were just a plump little girl when we became family. Now you are a beauty."

"How come you're not trying to feel and squeeze my tits or touch my butt or between my legs?"

"Is that what..." I paused before proceeding, "he did?" Brenda bobbed her head against me.

I swear something was wrong with me. Brenda had a beautiful body and perfect proportions in every way. I could explore her body for days and never tire. "Only if you want me to. It isn't mine to take, it is yours to give."

"Mark, are you hard for me?" Now she looked hard and deep into my eyes. The answer was only partly visible as I tried to keep myself under control.

"I'm trying to control it. It isn't easy when the cutest girl I know says she loves me."

I felt Brenda grip me tighter and shivered as a sob escaped her. I hoped I hadn't said something wrong.

"You are going to be my only man, I know it."

The intensity of the moment broke as we heard a call to come down to the family room. We grabbed our snack plates and headed out to answer the call.

Plates stacked in the sink, we looked into the adjoining family room where my dad and Brenda's mom sat. "Why has it been quiet in your rooms since you unloaded your news?" It was my dad asking.

I answered with the truth. "Would you believe we have been doing homework?" Brenda nodded her head in agreement.

"Well, until Mark took a break for a snack and brought me one. That's why we put plates in the sink." Brenda continued, "We did talk some and we both decided to get part time jobs for now and start saving money."

"Also, we decided to study hard and get good grades rather than be happy with just average," I added.

The parents looked at us strangely then Brenda's mom started. "Well, you just took the wind out of our sails. We wanted to tell you how important good grades are and that maybe it is time for you both to start working."

Dad took on the next part. "We will continue supporting your college until you graduate or decide to," his pause was not for effect. He looked at mom and both showed emotion. "... or until you decide to live together outside."

Neither Brenda nor I really locked on what he said about living together outside. We never talked about sleeping together or living together at home. It just wasn't on our radar.

"Did you hear what dad just said," quizzed mom.

"You mean live together outside," repeated Brenda.

I looked at mom and dad and at Brenda. The depth of what dad said slapped me hard. "You mean living together at home, sleeping together?" I guess the shock showed on my face.

Brenda suddenly glowed red in a mixture of shock and embarrassment. "But," she stammered. "But we, I mean I..."

"We have not thought about sleeping together, ever. Not in your house, your rules." Brenda took my hand.

Mom and dad looked at us and mom spoke words that vibrated through us. "I guess the rules are changing. You two decide the next move."

"Mom, I want to have a doctor appointment for, for, you know, birth control."

Brenda didn't know for sure how mom would react but after the events of this day, her answer was somewhat expected. "You can see Doctor James Monday after your last class. Appointment made. You both better go. He is a good doctor to talk to about blended family issues, too."

More weight lifted from us realizing that Brenda and I, not blood related, never making the transition to being like step brother and sister, but becoming and being best friends through the turmoil of our family situations, now have the blessing of our parents to be in love and be lovers.

I had some fear of asking the next question, yet felt it couldn't hurt. "Can I invite Brenda to my room tonight?" I felt a charge leap from Brenda to me as she looked at me then across the room. "I promise, no sex."

Dad looked at me in a way that was new and charged with emotion. Mom had the same look in her eye for Brenda. The look told us that an affirmative answer even before hearing it.

"If you both agree to spend the night together, it is okay with us."

The truth is that many times we spend a weekend night together watching old scifi flicks. Sometimes we'd huddle under a blanket. Sometimes Brenda would be frightened and bury her head under the covers. And, sometimes we'd fall asleep like that only to later wake and go to our own beds.

Tonight would be different if Brenda did come to my room.

"Mark, can we go out somewhere," Brenda asked as we left the family room.

I figured she meant the park and quickly agreed. We yell out that we were going out for a little while and heard an, "Okay, see you soon."

I headed in the direction of the park. Brenda stretched her arm over the console between the seats and rested her hand high up on thigh. "I want you to touch me tonight." Her hand slid upward more almost to the top of my leg; I sucked in a breath feeling nerves go on alert.

We reached the park and I had to confess, "I am not controlling it any longer."

Brenda remembered what I'd said earlier, she was emboldened with a new power. She fully cupped me, feeling my hard cock under her hand. "Are you real big?"

Shock from hearing the question caused my cock to jerk against her touch through my pants. I stuttered through trying to answer. "I don't know. What do you think is big?"

12