Don't Ever Give Up Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Tim opened the cupboard above the stove, where he kept all the liquor. He jerked the bottle of Jack Daniels from its resting place and made quick work of the cap, tossing it onto the counter. He looked down into the bottle for a long second - just like before, Jack had nothing to say. He kept staring, and twice, he raised the bottle to his lips only to lower it again.

Out of the corner of his eye, something glimmered, catching his attention: his car keys.

There weren't many moments in life where everything suddenly cleared up, but he had one right then.

Within 30 seconds, the whiskey was back in the cupboard, the keys were in his hands, and he was in the driver's seat of his SUV. The knives would have to wait. He was probably already too late.

He'd been headed toward the interstate for five minutes when the phone rang. It was the chorus of Queen's "You're My Best Friend."

"Yeah," Tim answered.

"You in the car?" At a time like this, Tim was thankful for J.T.'s bluntness.

"Yeah," Tim replied.

"You going after her? Or you want to talk it over here first?"

"Dunno where she is," he said. "I'll be there in 20 minutes."