Doomed Dynasty Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'll get you to paint me one day," he commented, attempting to show his support to the hobbyist.

"In the nude, of course," came Courtney's sly reply.

"Shhhh," cautioned the young man, embarrassed and looking about quickly. "Somebody might hear us."

She expelled a peel of laughter and turned away. "I'll meet your after dinner. I like it when you are taking a real interest in me."

Matt was dressing for dinner when a message was delivered to his room from the chief purser. It advised that for reasons the chief purser could not disclose his status was being raised to that of first class passenger, with immediate effect. During dinner his personal things would be transferred. The undisclosed benefactor was, of course, Courtney's father.

Naturally Matt was delighted, even more so when he noticed that the location of his new cabin happened to be in the same corridor as Courtney's, just across from it, in fact.

* * *

The Mariposa arrived in Auckland to a perfect dawn. As the ship rounded North Head Matt and the Sterlings exchanged farewells. He walked away hand-in-hand with Courtney.

Eva sniffed, "He's such a nice boy, one of the few young men that I've seen Courtney regard with any interest. I quite fancy himself."

"Eva!"

"It's all right Charlie. I'm just teasing. I think you quite like him, too."

"Well, yes. I've gotten used to his abrasive manner. I think I better get the department to find out a bit more about him just in case this shipboard thing between carries on ashore."

Matt walked away from Courtney, who was drying her tears.

How manly he looks, he really could have been a somebody, she thought. She burst into tears again. The only comforting thing was that Matt would be visiting her in Wellington in January and she'd watched him tuck her address into his wallet.

The early farewell was arranged because Matt was aware that his parents had come up on the overnight express from Wellington to meet him, and would be waiting on the wharf. At this stage he saw no reason to introduce the Sterlings to his parents and Courtney hadn't even suggested she'd like to meet them.

To Be Continued...